vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
It seems the whole idea of it is: ye get the choice to be a bairmaid or bargirl (club prostitute) but that's only an illusion since the game constantly forces ye to be a prostitute to Connor no matter what path ye take
The really odd thing about it is that Crush initially decided to change the brothel start into the barmaid start, because he felt it was too much too soon. I was in favour of it. And then the first thing you do is to get raped and cream pied to even get the job to begin with. And if that wasn't odd enough, only after several encounters do your CIA mates ask you, whether or not you are on birth control.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pretty much every "chapter" feels like it has been delayed and delayed and delayed only to then be written within 48 hours of the final deadline. Just like so many of us did with school papers.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
Pretty much every "chapter" feels like it has been delayed and delayed and delayed only to then be written within 48 hours of the final deadline.
You couldn't have said it better! That's exactly the feeling I am left with after one of the rare updates we get. They are rushed and far from well written. Crush's "high standards" in story telling are merely miserable excuses for the inexplicably long update cycles.

Reactions: berny

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
You couldn't have said it better! That's exactly the feeling I am left with after one of the rare updates we get. They are rushed and far from well written. Crush's "high standards" in story telling are merely miserable excuses for the inexplicably long update cycles.
I mean you would think that after he has released an update with placeholder pictures that he would replace them quietly with the next update. If not the next one, then surely at some point, cleaning up stuff in multiple episodes, right? I mean, the hard part is the writing and the coding, not to insert a picture I would assume. Instead here we are with plenty of placeholders years after said update appeared.

It shows that he releases something and never touches it again. Out of sight, out of mind so to speak.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pretty much every "chapter" feels like it has been delayed and delayed and delayed only to then be written within 48 hours of the final deadline. Just like so many of us did with school papers.
I think you're way too generous with your 48 hours timeline... I feel like it's closer to 24 hours, if not less than that.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
It cant be non con if consent is given. You can say no and end the mission
I'm not talking about the BJ's, i'm talking about the non-con sex (Intercourse) with Connor on the multiple times where ye don't even have an option to refuse (the times before the Night Op & after). Also ye technically can't so no because it would end the game (besides the fact that ye are just tryin to argue with semantics), so again- Non-Con.

I never would've started playing this if it had the Non-Con tag added to it (as it should have). Non-Con is the same as rape as far as i'm concerned because ye have no say in the matter.

Last edited:

Aillor Nailo

Sep 12, 2020
I'm not talking about the BJ's, i'm talking about the non-con sex (Intercourse) with Connor on the multiple times where ye don't even have an option to refuse (the times before the Night Op & after). Also ye technically can't so no because it would end the game (besides the fact that ye are just tryin to argue with semantics), so again- Non-Con.

I never would've started playing this if it had the Non-Con tag added to it (as it should have). Non-Con is the same as rape as far as i'm concerned because ye have no say in the matter.
Totally agree. I even started looking into rewriting those parts removing the rape and substituting it with something more suitable but opening it in Twine was a nightmare. I'm playing her as reluctant and to me the casting rape was really unnatural. She wasn't that invested in the operation at that point, she's an agent, she wouldn't have done that. She would not have returned to him and let him have his way time after time. That would mean she likes being raped and I think VERY few women like that. The entire story with Connor is just shit.

The rest is fabulous which is unfortunate.

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
For non programmers:
FA build with a help of - it's an engine to build VNs. The twine has a formats like (doc, pdf or epub for documents) to write a story that it further transforms with browser into slides of text/images and links to different slides. Normally story looks like a tree - you start with a trunk and then go to any branch you want.
Most popular twine format for non programmers is SugarCube
For programmers it's Snowman

In short: I couldn't get why Crush needed a redesign: he didn't change anything in a new code in comparison with an old one - it's still the same SugarCube that doesn't allow to write complex and maintainable code

---

So, I looked into FA code and I want to say that crush made a very bad choice and selected a SugarCube as his story format. AFAIU in quick googling - SugarCube problem - you can't debug your code properly, only check States

And this is the problem, because during the review you may find something like this:

JavaScript:
<<elseif $temp.diceRollOutcome == "failure">>\
        <<set $temp.kateVolleyballRank to "C Team">>\
        You're picked for the C Team – which means you've got potential, but your technical skills need development.
[..]
        (ERROR IN TEMP.DICEROLLOUTCOME VAR)
[..]
or a lot of nested code and then

JavaScript:
<<nobr>><div class="diceResultBox">/*Again the grey dice box*/
                                <div class="diceResultBoxHeader">
                                    <<dice-showDiceImage "d10">>
                                    <<if _success>>
                                    <h3>MUSICIAN CHECK...<i>PASSED!</i></h3>
                                    <hr>
                                    <<else>>
                                        <h3>MUSICIAN CHECK...<i>FAILED!</i></h3>
                                        <hr>
[..]
(ERROR IN KATE.UNIHOBBY VAR)
There are a lot of dead code. I mean A LOT. Just for rolling dices he imported a whole cannon.js library. And this thing is BIG

I'm surprised that after so much attempts of rework he didn't swithched to Snowman to use pure JS/CSS/HTML and write normal code that at least you can debug and find errors in a resonable amount of time

So, my conclusion - the current kinetic novel - the complete maximum that we can expect. I would be very glad if I'm mistaken

Just check how much info contains $kate variable that represents our agent and how much of it story uses:
JSON:
{
  "age": 24,
  "agency": "nzsis",
  "complexion": "fair",
  "ethnicity": "NZ European",
  "nationality": "New Zealander",
  "kinks": [
    "exhibitionist"
  ],
  "quirks": [
    "elite"
  ],
  "attributes": {
    "openness": {
      "level": 0,
      "xp": "NaN"
    },
    "conscientiousness": {
    },
    "extraversion": {
      "level": 1,
    },
    "agreeableness": {
      "level": -2,
    },
    "neuroticism": {
    },
    "intellect": {
    },
    "coordination": {
    },
    "height": {
    },
    "beauty": {
    },
    "confidence": {
      "level": 0.6666666666666666,
      "xp": 0
    },
    "creativity": {
    },
    "daring": {
      "level": 0.5,
    },
    "fitness": {
    },
    "painThreshold": {
    },
    "strength": {
      "level": -1,
    }
  },
  "statusEffects": [],
  "personalBio": [],
  "achievements": [],
  "relationshipHistory": [],
  "isWearing": [
    "knickers",
    "bra",
    "skirt",
    "shirt",
    "shoes"
  ],
  "faceShape": "diamond",
  "noseShape": "celestial",
  "mouthShape": "cupid",
  "eyeShape": "almond",
  "eyeColour": "emerald",
  "bikiniLine": "georgeW",
  "firstName": "Chloe",
  "surname": "Holmes",
  "cover": {
    "firstname": "",
    "knownAs": "",
    "surname": ""
  },
  "codename": "Bad Voodoo",
  "piercings": [],
  "tattoos": [],
  "hairColour": "ginger",
  "hairStyle": "bunWithBangs",
  "braSize": "medium",
  "arousal": 0,
  "skills": {
    "academic": {
      "level": -4,
      "xp": 0,
      "specialities": []
    },
    "agent": {
    },
    "athlete": {
    },
    "brawler": {
    },
    "charmer": {
    },
    "cook": {
    },
    "dancer": {
    },
    "driver": {
    },
    "musician": {
    },
    "partyAnimal": {
    },
    "sexpert": {
    },
    "shooter": {
    },
    "singer": {
    },
    "writer": {
    }
  },
  "wasWearing": [
    "knickers",
    "bra",
    "skirt",
    "shirt",
    "shoes"
  ],
  "lastWornKnickers": "whiteBrazilianCutWithLaceHem",
  "lastWornBra": "whiteHalfCupCentralDart",
  "lastWornShoes": "blackPatentHeels"
}

Last edited:

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Legit still waiting for the first girl on girl content of this game.. So far I havent seen shite to her bi side. All she is doing is being raped by ugly mofos..

Reactions: bearclaw01234

FromLv

May 8, 2019
Let me say it again. There isn't a single instance of non-con in the game so the tag is not needed. I guess you are confused because your consent doesn't matter and that is true, many instances of sexual encounters are not avoidable by players choice. That however doesn't require Non-con tag.

Aillor Nailo

Sep 12, 2020
Actually I looked into FA code and I want to say that crush made a very bad choice and selected a SugarCube as his story format. AFAIU in quick googling - SugarCube problem - you can't debug your code properly, only check States
Yeah. I gave up quickly. It would have been so fabulous if those parts were removed and a "non-rapey" version existed. It would have made the game much more enjoyable. More realistic as well.

Some however might say the Connor's behavior is realistic. He meets a lot of desperate girls and takes advantage of them or doesn't care (throws them out if refusing sex). But if that is the case then the central premise is wrong. Kate wouldn't do that, wouldn't allow herself to be raped. She might instead gather intel on him and then use it as a proper agent would. Blackmail HIM into helping her into the club. Then he has to pretend to do "stuff" (pretend sex) with her so as not to arouse suspicions.

Nothing then prevents this from turning truly sexual between them. He might be charming and she might actually fall into the "work romance" she hopes the surveillance viewing agents believe they are doing. Or he could counter-blackmail her or he could use her growing corruption. But rape, no. And just throwing herself into bed with Connor or the owner, no.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
Well, she could abort the mission anytime. There is not a single meeting back at the agency where she isn't being asked whether she's still ok with the whole approach. Of course it would be a major setback if the mission had to be aborted, but everyone demonstrates a profound understanding and is honestly concerned about her well-being. A simple "no" would end it and the game with it. So it just doesn't happen. But non-con? No, not in this game.

Reactions: Pede rasta 1

Aillor Nailo

Sep 12, 2020
Well, she could abort the mission anytime. There is not a single meeting back at the agency where she isn't being asked whether she's still ok with the whole approach. Of course it would be a major setback if the mission had to be aborted, but everyone demonstrates a profound understanding and is honestly concerned about her well-being. A simple "no" would end it and the game with it. So it just doesn't happen. But non-con? No, not in this game.
I didn't say she would abort the mission by saying no to Connor at the casting. She has a whole team of people to her disposal. They broke in to the club to find info and they have hacked the cameras etc. They would be rather amateurish if she goes to the casting, says no to the rape, leaves and the entire Agency just says: "Damn. What a pity. We then cannot think of ANY possibility to continue. Let's just drop everything and go back to our tea.".

They would EXPECT her not to be raped, that it might not work out. And have a contingency. A Plan B. And Plan C. Otherwise they are idiots.

So a couple of alternatives for Crush:
Alternative A: He could have setup the casting so she could pass in a more realistic way.
Alternative B: That Connor for example might require other things instead (drugs, money (debt) or whatever) or that he actually might like someone saying no to him and might play a longer game for fun. I think he finds her attractive enough.
Alternative C: Make it so that the casting always is a bit undressed but she stops at at realistic point, failing the casting but then utilizing the agency's resources to find another way.
Alternative D: There never was a casting. They scout Connor out first, find weaknesses/material/blackmail and uses it (as a real agency would do). He could however require that she "models" for him, a casting if you will, so that she is not entirely useless. If he is to back her, he must know she at least will not embarrass him.

There are SO many ways he could have made those episodes SO much better. She is not a trained agent using any possible sexpionage to get info. Or have I totally misread her backstory?

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
If you have a problem with Conner then this game is not for you. It's that simple. What do you think is going to happen once our agent starts working upstairs (fingers crossed for summer 2025)? We already got preview of her future clients - ageing, overweight farangs; cocky, entitled, assholes with money; mobsters etc. Or do you think she will work as a bargirl without fucking anyone?

Regarding your alternatives (A) just because you don't like something doesn't mean its unrealistic. (B) you expect a desperate, broke tourist to provide you with money or drugs? (C) making crush create new story branch extending this already bloated intro even more and for what reason? (D) if they can leverage Connor then this whole mission is pointless and there is no game.

• Angry
Reactions: ZillaStarKilla

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
that it might not work out. And have a contingency. A Plan B. And Plan C.
Still not non-con which was my point. But of course you are right, there would be lots of better, more consistent ways for the story to unfold.
She is not a trained agent using any possible sexpionage to get info.
She's a trained agent (with little to no field experience though) but she's definitely not trained as honey-pot.
What do you think is going to happen once our agent starts working upstairs (fingers crossed for summer 2025)?
I am not sure whether I should look forward to this. As a bargirl those degrading sexual encounters will get quite normal for her, she will sooner or later get used to it. It would be difficult to write those events kinky enough to keep us "readers" still interested and her on the edge of quitting the mission alltogether. I am not sure Crush could pull that off given the sub-par writings he's produced recently.

3.50 star(s) 116 Votes