4.10 star(s) 31 Votes

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
No, they aren't. The thread got updated to 0.3.4 because I reported it because nobody else bothered to since June when it came out. I couldn't know that 0.4.5 was going to come out half an hour later.
On the patreon site:

Get access to all Darktoz Games!
Get access to new builds 2 weeks earlier than the public!
Get access to progress updates, artwork and news about upcoming games!

Based on the above it seems the OP was correct?

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, I am fine with waiting if that is what is needed in order for the devs to get recompense for their work. I also plan to support a bunch of games, including this one, not getting it instantly gives added motivation for the support. Don't get me wrong I would be like a kid under a Christmas tree for the latest update, but as Tess said, I really do want them to continue and I do respect their time and effort. I am not against pirating as a whole, but as part of a community, its great if we could support each other.

Reactions: asehpe

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
No, the sense of entitlement to not let a dev try and at least have their game for their Patrons a few days before it's released immediately.
Apart from the fact that I don't agree with the principle that devs need to keep their game behind a paywall to make money, I don't see how posting a funny gif makes me entitled, but ok.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Because pirates sometimes pirate things on a pirate website? That's kind of why we're here.
I would not call this site simply a pirate site, its also a promotional site and a community site. As far as I know, many people came here as users and got inspired to create themselves. Some rely on this site to gain paying followers as well, I'd assume.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
I would not call this site simply a pirate site, its also a promotional site and a community site. As far as I know, many people came here as users and got inspired to create themselves. Some rely on this site to gain paying followers as well, I'd assume.
Yes, it is those things too, but it is primarily a site for people to download pirated games.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Can we all calm the fuck down? I have no problem with devs doing whatever they want on their Patreon, but I'm here to pirate their shit if I can. And no, I don't think I'm entitled to their games, but I also don't think devs are entitled to have their games not leaked. If you have access to the game and you don't want to leak it, that's your decision.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I think you are overreacting in a really weird way to a fucking gif, but you do you.
I am and I will. I don't need the money from this game at all, I do it because I like it. People should respect that a dev doesn't mind releasing a game but they should also respect that one dev saying that they want to respect the hard work of another dev as a good thing.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
I am and I will. I don't need the money from this game at all, I do it because I like it. People should respect that a dev doesn't mind releasing a game but they should also respect that one dev saying that they want to respect the hard work of another dev as a good thing.
Ok, I feel this is pointless, let's just not interact anymore. I liked you, but I guess that gif was too much.

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes