gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Maybe because i am into innocent and naive girls like MC but i can understand why people aren't so fond of lydia. It's all about preference. I just don't get the hate lydia get. It's not even like she's an obstacle.
I think a lot of it has to do with how she was originally presented. In the first few updates, all we were told was that the MC was obsessed with her without really being given any compelling reasons why, given the amount of attractive and available women that surrounds him: she was just this MacGuffin that we were told to strive for.

It's tricky to write mandatory love interests (Lydia and AmRose both) because it's not enough to be told that the MC desires them, the player has to be given some sort of motivation as well, and we didn't really see enough of Lydia early on to make the MC's infatuation seem convincing or relatable.

I still don't think her character is particularly interesting, but at this point her part is fairly negligible so easily ignored: She was the motivating factor to get the MC into this whole mess and has since receded back into the background. She'll probably come back to the fore at some point as the plot thickens.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I get that some people want a girl who is experienced and wild but see the story from MC's POV. She's was MC's crush even before this FL thing started and there's a reason why he's still sticking to lydia even though he's surrounded by a lot of girls. As much as i like sex in games i also like a genuine love angle and lydia brings that for me. I never found his infatuation boring. Maybe because i am into innocent and naive girls like MC but i can understand why people aren't so fond of lydia. It's all about preference. I just don't get the hate lydia get. It's not even like she's an obstacle.

Stacy is obviously looking for sex but she won't jump on any dick she sees. Mc can't guard stacy's pussy but he sure have the rights to protect her from all the shits coming from FL app. That's not an app you would want someone close to you to get involved with.
Different folks, different strokes. I don't feel any "genuine love" between Lydia and MC in the beginning. This girl you pine for but never have talked to, that was a thing in 10th grade maybe. Yes, having the hots for somebody and aching to meet them, that happens later as well, but in my experience you then act differently. Add to that the "no questions asked" acceptance and to me it felt more like a plot device than love. She may slowly start to redeem herself, first steps have been made, but I don't see in her what the MC sees in her, no intriguing point apart from being pretty. But that does not make her stand out from the crowd.

Reactions: Kallisto

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
Is it wrong for me to want like three updates worth of content with Lyssa at once? like an entire day with her, go out on a trip, then maybe a nice date, then a nice hotel or something. Don't get me wrong I like most of the other girls in the game too, but Lyssa has that mature sexy vibe where you can bring her to your best friend's wedding and make all the other guys jealous but also go hookup in the bathroom halfway through (as she's already shown).

I liked that we got a little more depth about Lyssa from Allison, it feels more like an actual relationship with her than any of the other girls to me at the moment.

Also I feel like Maria just kind of disappeared. I mean she was at the party sure, but the way her route is set up doesn't really lend itself to doing more with her unless to get AmRose to guilt her into it, makes me think Min might've been the better choice cause that girl has some fire in her!

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Is it wrong for me to want like three updates worth of content with Lyssa at once? like an entire day with her, go out on a trip, then maybe a nice date, then a nice hotel or something. Don't get me wrong I like most of the other girls in the game too, but Lyssa has that mature sexy vibe where you can bring her to your best friend's wedding and make all the other guys jealous but also go hookup in the bathroom halfway through (as she's already shown).

I liked that we got a little more depth about Lyssa from Allison, it feels more like an actual relationship with her than any of the other girls to me at the moment.

Also I feel like Maria just kind of disappeared. I mean she was at the party sure, but the way her route is set up doesn't really lend itself to doing more with her unless to get AmRose to guilt her into it, makes me think Min might've been the better choice cause that girl has some fire in her!
Yes, anything less than 7 updates worth of pure Lyssa content is unacceptable :LOL:

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020

Imagine the situation here because of people who turned off lyssa's content if those 3 updates are focused only on lyssa :ROFLMAO:.

btw Maria just opened up a little to MC about her liking towards men. Give her sometime and she will slowly embrace MC.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Imagine the situation here because of people who turned off lyssa's content if those 3 updates are focused only on lyssa :ROFLMAO:.

btw Maria just opened up a little to MC about her liking towards men. Give her sometime and she will slowly embrace MC.
As one that is not on the Lyssa route, I honestly don't mind too much. It's a choice I made so any content I miss out of is because my actions. I know eventually the women and fetishes I enjoy will shine.

Patience is a good thing. Plus I play other vn's so I'm not just waiting on one to give me what I need.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Because different people will like different characters, and that's fine... but Lydia is forced on us, we're not choosing to be with her and some of us don't want to be, but we're given no control over the matter... I don't hate Lydia, but I do hate being in a relationship with her against my will.
This 1000%. I never started off hating Lydia, at best I was ambivalent, maybe mildly curious as she had this unattainable vibe, but I hated from day one we're told our mc is head over heels in love with her and despite what we want, we're forced into a relationship with her...even when all the things (good and bad) we've heard about her are revealed, I wish there was a way/path to just stay friends with her instead. Frankly, I just feel there are hotter, more attractive (romantically & sexually) options to Lydia and the longer this farce of a relationship drags on the more someone's feelings are gonna get hurt.

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
Yes, anything less than 7 updates worth of pure Lyssa content is unacceptable :LOL:
Don't you go putting ideas in my head, or I'm going to start protesting for a pure Lyssa spinoff game/4KUHD movies series and the other girls still need some love. None of the Lyssa love mind you, that's reserved, but I think some some leftover here somewhere for them. But if all the Lyssanites unite we can make the heavens tremble with our cries for more of her greatness, an no one will stop us!!! :devilish::devilish:o_O:love:

I mean that scene with Maria seemed more about her being less of an asshole in general, and she says that she doesn't want any real dick including the MC's. However, she also mentions that if she's ever in need of a man penis that she'd hit up the MC first (except maybe if she wants in vitro pregnancy) and this is an adult game so its likely that we'll get her eventually. Up until this point though we've gotten a bit more personality out of Min and while I'm more into lesbians than watersports i fin myself liking Min more as a character so far, with the caveat being that we as players know her better than Maria and a big part of Maria's character arc is her being a bitch to people so I will reserve that judgement for a while yet.

Yeah I get what you mean about Lyssa. I understand that the fetish surrounding her character isn't for everyone. That being said I honestly wouldn't mind a whole day devoted to each character, but realistically that would be a hude amount of work, take a long time, and probably never happen. She is my fav character in the game and while it was nice to have a sex scene with her it still felt a bit thrown in what with the party and the 20min thing. It was probably put in because so many people want more of her and I appreciate the devs putting it in but it felt somewhat stale and out of character to me. It matches what Allison told us later about Lyssa's personality for sure, but I feel like it might've been a bit of a bigger deal to the MC to have his first time with her not being a party quickie because of the app.

I think the scene itself would've been better if it was a bit longer with some real sex talk, not just ooohing and aaaahhhing, and some your dick/ass feels so good and then cum. My biggest attraction to Lyssa is her personality and sexy vibe, which we get pretty through her speech so it would be nice to have her own brand of sexy talk while you go at it, but I understand that's hard to do and the devs likely feel much pressure from fans to produce content. The blowjob also seemed kind of out of place, but I'm guessing that was put in for the players not on her path so there wasn't just a content gap and making a whole new scene with a different girl would be an exponential amount of extra work. Her bent over position was also kind odd to me. Just a really weird position for getting sexed in but I digress. Probably sounds overly critical but it's my honest critique to the scene and in no way diminishes my support to the devs or appreciation for their efforts. :)

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I get that some people want a girl who is experienced and wild but see the story from MC's POV. She's was MC's crush even before this FL thing started and there's a reason why he's still sticking to lydia even though he's surrounded by a lot of girls. As much as i like sex in games i also like a genuine love angle and lydia brings that for me. I never found his infatuation boring. Maybe because i am into innocent and naive girls like MC but i can understand why people aren't so fond of lydia. It's all about preference. I just don't get the hate lydia get. It's not even like she's an obstacle.
I get that. I am like you actually, I prefer the characters that seem more genuine, rather than just a superficial relationship. However, the "cuck-queen" angle has been done to death in other games, so I am dissapointed that it is showing up here. It doesn't fit with her character to me. I wish Vinovella made her more like Min with some off-the-wall fetish (the game is called Fetish Locator after all), that the MC can awake in her. That would at least make her interesting and fit in better with the overall theme of the game.

I think overall Lydia has potential, but with all the other characters, I just don't think she will ever get enough screen time to really develop her better. If all she is in FL, is someone to tell about all the fun the MC is having with other girls, I don't see the point.

The main problem, really, is that she doesn't fit this game, so whenever she shows up it is disconcerting for the player. If the game focused heavily on Lydia from the beginning, and just used other characters as a side outlet, like Haley's Story or Life with Mary, for example, she would be more appealing. But she was introduced late, and doesn't have any interesting back-story or motivation. For examply, why does the like the MC at all? They barely know each other, go out on one date, the only thing the MC really says is that he likes her singing, and then she finds out he is sleeping around with all these other women, including her friends, and she sees the MC as a great partner for her? If the dev developed her character much more, so at least we could see something that they have in common, or some shared history, or some reason why she is interested, it would make more sense. Maybe he can help support her singing career, or help her find more success. But then it would be a completely different game (like Melody).

But, honestly, the rest of the game is great, so I can just zone out a little on the Lydia scenes, so I don't mean this as a major issue. Just something odd about her character I think many of us have noticed.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I wish Vinovella made her more like Min with some off-the-wall fetish (...) For examply, why does the like the MC at all? They barely know each other, go out on one date, the only thing the MC really says is that he likes her singing, and then she finds out he is sleeping around with all these other women, including her friends, and she sees the MC as a great partner for her?
Maybe (but it is just my guess) the first sentence answers the later questions.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Maybe (but it is just my guess) the first sentence answers the later questions.
I know, I know, haha. But the cuck-queen fetish is overused in so many games. It is tired. You left out that part of my response.

Anyway, it's fine. Fetish Locator is one of my favorite games, so I hope ViNovella keeps doing what he is doing. There are so many games here, and it is refreshing to see one that has a unique premise, with the fetish locator app, that has so many story posibilities and let's us all see fetishes that I wouldn't never have looked into otherwise. With a large cast of characters, everyone is going to have their favorites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
There are many reasons why MC is against stacy using FL app

1) she might choose those fetishes which she thinks she's ready for but isn't and at the end she will end up hurting herself. Also it's not an app you would want to get addicted to. Considering how curious she's always she will most likely end up getting addicted to the app.

2)As a brother he won't want his sister to jump on random dicks like a slut to collect points.

3)when shit goes wrong and she decides to uninstall the app she will be forced to do things she don't want to do just like MC and Amrose. MC should warn her ASAP about the consequences of uninstalling this app.

MC can't undo whatever's done but if he obeys Amrose and let stacy do what she want it will bring more harm to her.
1) This is the same woman who did a incestuous golden shower. Pretty sure she is prepared for most kinks she will see using the app.

2)As a brother who does exactly that this would be quite a big hypocrisy.

3) And in doing that the person spying on him via his phone would know.

He needs to stop freaking out and let her use the app like everyone else instead of putting a target on her back.

MC can keep both his and stacy's mobile away from them and tell her. blackmailer won't know if mobiles aren't near.
He can't. He already got a warning before for staying away from his phone. His camera and audio are likely hacked.

Yeah, having her as a friend and living vicariously through the MC as he recounts his sexual exploits to her as that gets her off or something would probably be the path I'd chose to go with her.
I would have liked this better. Maybe it will turn like this since we already got the choice to not say i love you to Lydia. :unsure:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I know, I know, haha. But the cuck-queen fetish is overused in so many games. It is tired. You left out that part of my response.

Anyway, it's fine. Fetish Locator is one of my favorite games, so I hope ViNovella keeps doing what he is doing. There are so many games here, and it is refreshing to see one that has a unique premise, with the fetish locator app, that has so many story posibilities and let's us all see fetishes that I wouldn't never have looked into otherwise. With a large cast of characters, everyone is going to have their favorites.
Cuckquean. And it is not tired just rarely done right.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
2)As a brother who does exactly that this would be quite a big hypocrisy.
It would be, but "do as I say, don't do as I do" isn't an expression for no reason. Also, even in western cultures, men and women enjoying sex are still often regarded differently. I am not saying it is the right thing to do, but it is quite realistic. And given many comments on many games here, many players (including me I gotta admit) live this hipocrisy, at least in their fantasies.

clelag

Jun 16, 2018
I would argue that it's not exactly cucking and more of an open relationship kind of deal. I mean cucking is quite a specific kink and i'm sure most had "the talk" with the friend in the game about it. She allready said she didn't want to be around when he sleeps with other people, however she wanted him to be honest about the escapades AFTER the deed is done. Now the response, i assume would be that she did get of hearing the MC describe one sexcapade in the end but getting turned on by a partners past sexlife is kind of common in relationships. It's a kink for sure meaning that not every couple have it but it's not cucking that's a physical presence kink and more of a fantasy kink.

4.10 star(s) 167 Votes