SojuThree

May 8, 2018
You cant be serious if the game has for example 3-5 different path(not some sentences changes like other VN)real different story line,cheracter development,cheracters react different too you..... This would take so long most VN on this site give you the illusion that you have a lot of path but you actually havent.
I can be serious. Plenty of games here feature real storylines, character development, and characters reacting differently to the player. But this game has significant problems doing these very basic things. Which is why people don't like it. You're going to find complaints all over this thread and comparisons to other games doing things better.

But I didn't say anything about 3-5 different paths. That's not something you're going to find much of, nor am I really sure you would need 3-5 paths for a game like this. Literally 90% of fetish scene negotiations are just two questions: Dom or sub? Top or bottom? And usually those questions mean the same thing. You don't need branching paths, just optional content. Done. All of this can be done with a competent writer.

But which fetishes should this game focus on? I dont like some fetishes too but I dont say pls remove them
And no one's said that. They just don't want a game over screen for being into kinks that are different than salty bear. For some reason she seems to think she's entitled to force the audience to sit through her politics and her proclivities. Forgive me, but isn't the idea that you can tell someone they're wrong for what they're into called "kink shaming"?

This game should be focused on the fetishes its audience wants. What about that is difficult to grasp?

because their are no other games with decent writing for this people if the dont like hentai stuff.I cant see how this story would work with a vanilla path or alpha path.
"This people"? Who's this people? People into fetishes? I'm this people. Most of this people would not be interested in this game. And I can think of at least five games with writing better than this off the top of my head. Primal Instinct comes immediately to mind. But how this usually works in other games is that content is gatekept from the player until they hit a certain number of points. Often the list of stats the game is keeping track of is pretty extensive. So that's how it would work.

:devilish:(sorry iam a siko but be aware that it is only fantasie and I would not do this thinks in real life)
You're not unique or special.

I just hope that we all respect each other because I see the one side that likes this thinks and the other side that laught omg beta haha facepalm.So lets just respect each other even if we like different things and act like adults.
Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of this hand wringing over "respect" on this thread. Here's the thing. These people are asking for money for their work. So instead of taking any criticism and improving their game they've started a Norman Boutin style feud with anyone who dares criticize its brilliance. They've brought this on themselves. You know, this is how people get internet famous. It feels like we're watching something really special happen here. It feels like we're watching this person come completely unglued.

The only thing I know is I cannot wait for the next update, and I need to be the very first person to download it. :p

lexdoll

May 18, 2019
I don't understand the hate/anger towards this game, if you are mostly vanilla in your sexual taste, this game isn't for you, if you are looking for some quick satisfaction or simply fap materials, you shouldn't touch the game either. This game clearly targets a niche group of people who enjoy abnormal stuffs.

There are tons of adult games out there that allow you to play a typical alpha male or a chick magnate every woman can't wait to take off their panties to bang, enjoy them to your heart's content.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
That is so true.And I dont get how you know if the dev is a girl? maybe the patreon name but we dont know and too be honest it dosent matter I dont care if a trans,male or female makes the game as long as its good.And I dont get why you always say feminism or how you can see which political attitude the dev has while you play the game.

Reactions: L7Bear

SojuThree

May 8, 2018
I don't understand the hate/anger towards this game, if you are mostly vanilla in your sexual taste, this game isn't for you
And also if you're literally a fetish club veteran this game isn't for you either.

This game is for no one.

SojuThree

May 8, 2018
That is so true.And I dont get how you know if the dev is a girl?
After a while you get a sense for these things. They're either a woman or a transwoman, and I'm actually leaning towards transwoman.

too be honest it dosent matter I dont care if a trans,male or female makes the game as long as its good.
That is correct, even if I'm wrong it doesn't matter at all. I have no idea why we're talking about this right now. Unless you're about to accuse me of misgendering a man.

And I dont get why you always say feminism or how you can see which political attitude the dev has while you play the game.
Really? We covered all of that starting on page 21 of this conversation.

What I don't get is why you're so steadfastly defending the game when the only response I can give you is the response I've already given you:

If you like the game that's fine. Clearly it's not connecting with it's audience.

Reactions: Crusher56

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
you are so arrogant too speak fo every one??? you can only speak for yourself maybe realise that you dont life alone in this
world .

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
but why are you here?? If you dont like the game it is 100% ok but if you dont like the game and write 100 post how bad the game is than its weird.So you are a troll that likes too trigger people or I have no idea why you are here makes no sense.

Reactions: Dreadder and snoupy

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
There are also PLENTY of different kinks out there to explore. I'm just confused as to why Scat/watersports/cuck are the ones this game chose to run with. What about knifeplay, ageplay, M/s, ect, ect, ect.

The premise of this game is to include a metric asston of fetishes and give you choices as to which ones you decide to play with and help you locate others who are into your fetish... a FETISH LOCATOR if you will. So, why put a few niche ones in there and force others to get a watersports game over screen if your not into THESE SPECIFIC ONES?!?! Really?

I'm not asking for an ALPHA AS FUCK MC, just the ability for us to make decisions and them to matter.
Prime example, the Femdom scene in the Dorm. You get to choose a "Fuck that, I'm the dominate one here" annnnnnnd NOTHING HAPPENS, like, sriously, no scene, no follow up, NOTHING. Same thing with the girl who tries to get you to blindfold Nora. You can try and turn the tables and you know what happens? YOU CLOSE THE PATH FOREVER. What the absolute shit?!?
I thought choice was suppose to matter? I thought this was about locating our fetishes? No choice, just sub males getting cucked by fucking Chads.

Seriously, fuck that. If this game is not about having a choice in what fetishes you want to have the MC (and by virtue the player) have and instead dictate which ones they are allowed, its not fetish locator, its the ballad of beta bill and the cuck queens.

I dont hate the game, its obviously unfinished and still in development. I wrote a review to help others decide if they want to play this game as to me, a game where you are mostly just a voyeur watching other characters having sex doesn't seem like it would be fun (spoilers, it wasnt) and I absolutely would of wanted to know that before i played. I want the game to get better and have more choices.

SojuThree

May 8, 2018
you are so arrogant too speak fo every one???
No. And you can't get out of what I said. Salty herself has pointed out that this thread is full of comments critical of the game. So she is well aware that she is not connecting to her audience. The likes on negative comments are clearly overwhelmingly higher than likes on positive comments. Negative reviews are beginning to appear on the thread and the game's star rating is starting to drop.

All of that speaks for itself, I'm just mentioning it.

Attacking me for mentioning it is silly.

but why are you here??
Because you've responded to me and I'm responding to the points you brought up. How is that not clear to you?

The problem seems to be that you want me to just accept the shear brilliance of any poorly thought out brain nugget you want to chuck at me without any kind of response. In that way you seem to be a lot like salty here. So at this point, I feel a little compelled to ask if you're part of the devteam too.

But otherwise the only response I have for you is the response that I am desperately and aggressively attempting to get you to understand:

If you like the game that's fine. Clearly it's not connecting with it's audience.

Last edited:

lexdoll

May 18, 2019
According to you, people either are extreme fetishest or vanilla who have interest in this whatsoever, thus your conclusion, the game is for no one:LOL: okay, doesn't take long to get some hint of your comprehension of the whole matter, I am outta here.:p

SojuThree

May 8, 2018
According to you, people either are extreme fetishest or vanilla who have interest in this whatsoever, thus your conclusion, the game is for no one:LOL: okay, doesn't take long to get some hint of your comprehension of the whole matter, I am outta here.:p
Well, flounce away then sweetie, ;) but it's supposed to be a fetish game. So the idea that people from the fetish community wouldn't like it says that it's failed at that. The average player on here clearly hates it, even those with clear fetishes like KnightoftheWhiteSun, so it's not for them either. And players looking for a "vanilla" experience can't play it at all. So that's every kind of player.

But, you're right, I shouldn't say this game is for no one, because we all know exactly who it's for. This game is a format for salty bear to express her frustrations that most people don't share her sexual proclivities and politics. This game is for no one but her.

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
First of all, stop taking runs at each other or I will give all offenders detention...

Now that I got that out of the way...
This game is just starting up and more content is coming and while you feel that decisions you previously made did fuck all, it is just not true. I know for a fact that certain upcoming scenes will or will not trigger based on previous decisions. From what I gather there are dom, sub & nice guy routes in this but it does take time to fit this stuff in... In the start the MC was inexperienced and as the game goes along it is opening him up to new experiences which will shape him into what he wants to be. It is up to you what fetishes if any he partakes of. Nobody is forcing you to be a doormat unless you choose to be one.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I do not represent the Fetish Locator game, nor the developer ViNovella, nor the entire dev team.
The thoughts I post here merely represent my own thoughts. I happen to be one of the writers on the game.
(I have to say this because of a Troll here who willfully ignores this.)

I'm glad so many people enjoy this game. I even appreciate the earnest criticism from the many who are on the fence about the game - I'm glad they're playing. I don't even mind the people who come here to complain about the things they hate. All of these things provide information that I find useful to read.
For example, I really enjoyed reading the detailed analysis recently posted by KnightoftheWhiteSun. There is some strong criticism there, but it's productive and informative.

What really bothers me are the posts that intentionally misrepresent the game. Attempting to correct them seems to just feed the Trolls, so now I'm choosing to ignore them. I'm not calling out anyone in particular here, but -in my opinion- there are a few posts that are bullshit.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Again, the above are just my personal thoughts. Hopefully, this post provides some insight and maybe answers some questions.

Having said all that, I'm going to try to go back to silently reading what (almost) everyone writes here.
I actually agree with the vast majority of the things that you have said here. It was rather succinct and well thought out.

My post/review is strongly worded because I had just finished the game and I had a rather visceral reaction to a lot of what I saw.

I downloaded the game because of the screenshots. I have a HUGE fetish for women in nylon/stockings/fishnet and seeing the sample renders with lots of lovely ladies toting my favorite fetish, and knowing this game was all about fetishes, it was an instant download for me.

I was kinda floored with what I got. I absolutely did not like seeing those interesting characters that caught my attention and pulled me into the game, were indeed engaged in all types of naughty fun.... with EVERYONE ELSE BUT ME! I assumed they were going to be love interests of the main character and boy was I unpleasantly surprised! And Truth be told, they are the potential love interests..... BUT, you literally have to watch them fucking a bunch of the other male characters first....

As someone who despises cheating, ntr, and cucking I had a VISCERAL reaction to this.

Like I said in my review, you don't necessarily have to make them all blushing virgins, (though virginity/defloration is absolutely a fetish, one of mine actually), but come on! Sure, this is a sex game, and some women just want casual sex as much as, if not more so, then most men but at least 3 of the 6 love interests are straight up fucking your roommate, one even right infront of you!!

Even the one who the MC gets the most action with, Daisy, (or Our Lady of Fishnet, as I like to think of her), is HEAVILY hinted to of JUST fucked your roommate earlier that day when she comes onto you. Later in the day she even talks about kneeling to you in the future if you choose to be the Dom in the femdom scene, which is awesome! Later, Daisy even ends up giving you a BJ at the party during the Min event. BUUUUT as much as I loved the look of Daisy, and the fun, flirty playfulness between her and the MC, it kinda grossed me out thinking that just earlier that day she was fucking your character's best friend... And like that, the magic was ruined and I instantly disliked the character because MC is obviously just another notch on the bedpost and means nothing.

I'd like to think a vast majority of people dont want to think about all the people there partner has slept with before them. I wanted to say no one wants to know, but I remembered cuck/ntr is absolutely a fetish. -shudders-.

That being said, yes, this game is very early and has ALOT of potential. I will end up playing it again after a few development cycles, once the Dom paths are added in. I really hope that Lindsey and Amber Rose end up not being turned into whoreish/easy characters who end up sleeping around. I hope they are saved for the MC as Amber obviously has a huge thing for the MC and Lindsey is warming up to him considerably.

As right now though, there isnt really much fetish wise that interests me. Plenty of room for more though, and I still hope that the development team keeps working on expanding the list of fetishes.

Last edited:

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
  • I think that is the purpose of the Game Over screen if you don't get enough points (or the cheater's Game Over screen if you "earn" more points that are possible in the game.) If you aren't willing to explore fetishes and push boundaries - and keep in mind this is just my personal opinion - then what's the point? In many games "Game Over" indicates a lack of skill or is just there as a gameplay mechanic without purpose. In Fetish Locator the "Game Over" indicates the necessity for the Player to make a decision - do you want to try again, being more adventurous this time, or do you want to play something else? Maybe take a break, think about it, and come back later.
  • Overall, I recommend playing the game with an open mind. There used to be a saying I heard a lot about a decade ago, but haven't heard much recently: "Your kink isn't my kink, and that's okay.
The irony of those two statements, pretty funny.

Really though the way the games set up in the beginning is probably the worst thing that could have been done for this game. If you didn't force the player to join the game late you wouldn't have all these issues with dom players and it would be much easier to mold the players world in either direction as there would be a fair start. The player could choose to use the app to form a harem, or choose to be a dirty cum eater. However with him coming in late, and all the girls already in everyone's bed, you've basically told people who don't like that to go fuck themselves (which would fine if the game wasn't built around having a lot of fetishes all of which are "optional") . You basically took away the away the ability for a large demographic to enjoy the game for nothing.

As a game based around exploring fetishes and ones you don't like being optional its a whopping failure and its all thanks to they arbitrary decision to make the MC come in late, and therefore forcing him to be the underdog while everyone else is king.

Last edited:

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019

0.06.11 Changelog:
  • Full Day 4 story content
  • 239 - new renders
  • 12 - new animations
  • New optional fetish - Enema
  • More story for Polly&Nora path
  • More story about AmRose
  • More story about Stacy
  • More story about Lydia
  • More content with Daisy
  • New language - German (up to 0.05.xx)
  • New language - Russian (up to 0.05.xx)
Get the game here:
Or here:

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
So are there Love interest in the game, like permanent girl. I mean the girl MC is after, Jaden or such(cant remmeber the name) is nice but im more into Daylene the hottie(on banner image) he met in his room one morning and AmRose girl.. will they be Li's or just fuck buddies? Also MC's sister what's her part?

Apart form my questions the dev created some really hot/fresh looking women, great camera angles and ideas like the zoom in and out etc...
Did not think I would but find the game great to play...

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes