Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
There are 10 endings left to do, that's more than half of them. Afterthought canon ending aside, No matter who decides if it's complete or not, it's very much not. Regardless, if it was an argument everyone saying it's not complete would win, but it's not. it's something the devs decided and what they think is what sticks no matter what anyone else thinks. Them being wrong or not.
Following this logic, the Cyberpunk game is not complete because the Devs still issue DLCs for it. Look at the endings as DLCs.

Reactions: HypnoKitten

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Following this logic, the Cyberpunk game is not complete because the Devs still issue DLCs for it. Look at the endings as DLCs.
it was indeed an unfinished game when it released. But that's not remotely the same thing. Since the 18 endings in this game were planned from the start, the "complete" status after ending 1 was decided after. Cyberpunk was also supposed to be released as a complete game from the start. This game was never built to be that way. It's a different development strategy.
The devs were forced by the publisher to release Cyberpunk early, and making DLC to a complete game is different to saying the game is complete and claiming doing the endings you were already supposed to do is DLC. You are not applying the same scenario here.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
There are 10 endings left to do, that's more than half of them. Afterthought canon ending aside, No matter who decides if it's complete or not, it's very much not. Regardless, if it was an argument everyone saying it's not complete would win, but it's not. it's something the devs decided and what they think is what sticks no matter what anyone else thinks. Them being wrong or not.
well if you want to argue then right address is devs and mods.

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
it was indeed an unfinished game when it released. But that's not remotely the same thing. Since the 18 endings in this game were planned from the start, the "complete" status after ending 1 was decided after. Cyberpunk was also supposed to be released as a complete game from the start. This game was never built to be that way. It's a different development strategy.
The devs were forced by the publisher to release Cyberpunk early, and making DLC to a complete game is different to saying the game is complete and claiming doing the endings you were already supposed to do is DLC. You are not applying the same scenario here.
You and the others can bring up this topic in this thread over and over again, it will change nothing, just litter the thread. The main storyline is finished. The elaborated endings are just nice additions. The Devs could keep the plugs instead of them as it was initially. That would not change the main plot anyway.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
cause main game is done, now they are just adding endings. if you want to argue why completed tag then feel free to contact mods and admins and devs. just trust me that you'd lose that argue.
Let's say I'm playing Witcher 3. There is a big game, but instead of having any ending, one second after killing Eredin in final fight you see just one screenshot with text "then they live happily ever after". Would you consider this as finished game?

I don't care enough to argue with mods to take down the tag, but I do think it shoudn't be here.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Let's say I'm playing Witcher 3. There is a big game, but instead of having any ending, one second after killing Eredin in final fight you see just one screenshot with text "then they live happily ever after". Would you consider this as finished game?

I don't care enough to argue with mods to take down the tag, but I do think it shoudn't be here.
yes if devs state that game is finished. would i like it? no.

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018

When I played Fetish Locator, before there was a '2' or '3', I felt I had played a complete game, with a potential for expansion. When I saw Star Wars IV I felt I saw a complete movie. When I read Dresden Files (the first book) I felt I'd read a complete book. Yes, sometimes complete things leave hooks in there for sequels or additions. Yes, sometimes director's content gets left out for the DVD extended editions, for DLC, for side-stories. This game is great as-is, I'm very happy that more is getting added to the story and its universe, and whatever tag they want to add to it I'm ok with long as it keeps the devs happy, positive, and continuing to provide fantastic content.

Reactions: Beduin123

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
When I played Fetish Locator, before there was a '2' or '3', I felt I had played a complete game, with a potential for expansion. When I saw Star Wars IV I felt I saw a complete movie. When I read Dresden Files (the first book) I felt I'd read a complete book. Yes, sometimes complete things leave hooks in there for sequels or additions. Yes, sometimes director's content gets left out for the DVD extended editions, for DLC, for side-stories. This game is great as-is, I'm very happy that more is getting added to the story and its universe, and whatever tag they want to add to it I'm ok with long as it keeps the devs happy, positive, and continuing to provide fantastic content.
Well I played first two when third week was already half done, so I percieved it all more like one big whole thing. Anyway, that's not the issue here. The thing is, those endings placeholders were there, implemented in game way earlier than the "finishing" update came. Not all of them, but a few were placed earlier in the story. So how could I consider this a fully finished game, if I already had placeholders with information "this ending WILL be added later"?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Actually I grew up like that. "Congratulations, you're a winner" may seem quite off now but it used to be the standard. And every now and then you will still encounter a game which gives you a quick screenshot, a quick animation and that's it. So this may also be an age question.

wuckfit123

Dec 12, 2019
The endings are certainly lengthy and substantial, but for me personally they are a bit of overkill. I would have preferred a shorter endings with a faster rollout period. Because at this point, it seems unlikely that they will finish the rest of the endings this year. The ending I'm most curious about is the sex dungeon ending, which seems to be the closest we'll get to an evil-harem ending.

Reactions: Wildquill

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
Well I played first two when third week was already half done, so I percieved it all more like one big whole thing. Anyway, that's not the issue here. The thing is, those endings placeholders were there, implemented in game way earlier than the "finishing" update came. Not all of them, but a few were placed earlier in the story. So how could I consider this a fully finished game, if I already had placeholders with information "this ending WILL be added later"?
After each finished ending there is a similar placeholder. Will you consider game unfinished, when all 18 endings will be implemented? Why, the game can be continued after that. We can see how the girls give birth, cook the dinner when the MC comes home after work and so on, in the place of the new placeholders. This can be easily implemented, since the new placeholders similar to the old ones are there.

Honestly, I find this discussion as being plain stupid and leading nowhere. The same as all the NTR discussions sparking every now and then in one local tread after another.

If you feel that you've been cheated, write a letter to the UN or WTO :ROFLMAO: They may help you.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The endings are certainly lengthy and substantial, but for me personally they are a bit of overkill. I would have preferred a shorter endings with a faster rollout period. Because at this point, it seems unlikely that they will finish the rest of the endings this year. The ending I'm most curious about is the sex dungeon ending, which seems to be the closest we'll get to an evil-harem ending.
Prefer they keep the endings big. So that each character have all the scenes that couldn't be put into the main game because there were simply too many people and they needed to advance the main story.

There are yet 10 endings to go, so considering they seem to be doing them on a 2-3 months schedule and two at a time there is no way this will end this year. But maybe you will get lucky and the dungeon ending will be next. :)

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Prefer they keep the endings big. So that each character have all the scenes that couldn't be put into the main game because there were simply too many people and they needed to advance the main story.

There are yet 10 endings to go, so considering they seem to be doing them on a 2-3 months schedule and two at a time there is no way this will end this year. But maybe you will get lucky and the dungeon ending will be next. :)
The next two will be Daisy and Dahlia ending IIRC.
Then the two endings for NTR Lydia (dungeon and slave ending).

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Hielo

Aug 27, 2019
1 scene? There is 4 such scenes, not to mention that Lyssa will be in few more endings so this number might grow.
there is 4 pegging scene ? I only got two ? could you tell me with who (even in dm if u want to not spoil for others)

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes