Unity Abandoned Five Days [v0.63] [Archast]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Tried this game out... While the character visuals themselves, when not navigating, look decent, that is about all this game has going for it... It is a very short game, with a very small amount of story added to it... It focuses primarily on a corruption theme, but moves very quickly through that motif... There are several fetishes that play out, but I'm not a fan of the sleeping rape stuff, especially when it's happening to the character you are playing (regardless if it's optional or not)... Even though the game engine is Unity, the navigation and tasks are given in a RPGM game play style with very low resolution graphics... With the added issue of interactional objects being too easy to run into, causing a choice to pop up multiple times while trying to navigate away from them, or when you don't want to interact with them... I went ahead and posted my review...

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
For those of you having problems with the save system, are you trying to play with an old save or starting from scratch? Because I found a nasty bug with the load system and I had to redo some of the code, and it could create problems with old saves. If you're not sure the saves are stored in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nidma", I can always show you all how to edit it if needed, but my recommendation would be to start a new game, and this should be the last time it is needed.
I played from the start but couldn't save.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
I played the game start to finish (no save/relaod) and it worked just fine. I withdraw my earlier negative comment and apologize for it.
No problem, I'm glad it worked :D.

Tried this game out... While the character visuals themselves, when not navigating, look decent, that is about all this game has going for it... It is a very short game, with a very small amount of story added to it... It focuses primarily on a corruption theme, but moves very quickly through that motif... There are several fetishes that play out, but I'm not a fan of the sleeping rape stuff, especially when it's happening to the character you are playing (regardless if it's optional or not)... Even though the game engine is Unity, the navigation and tasks are given in a RPGM game play style with very low resolution graphics... With the added issue of interactional objects being too easy to run into, causing a choice to pop up multiple times while trying to navigate away from them, or when you don't want to interact with them... I went ahead and posted my review...
Hey Zippity, nice to see you reviewing my game, I usually look at your reviews before downloading a game, and I agree with most of the topics, do you have any tips regarding the objects? I could always make the "interactional area" smaller if that could help.

I played from the start but couldn't save.
Did the game give any error? Or just didn't save? Do you mind telling me your system specs?

And regarding the "RPGM" vibe, those are art assets from rpgmaker packages, I can always change those and it wouldn't take me that much time, I just went with what was available at the start.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Hey Zippity, nice to see you reviewing my game, I usually look at your reviews before downloading a game, and I agree with most of the topics, do you have any tips regarding the objects? I could always make the "interactional area" smaller if that could help.

And regarding the "RPGM" vibe, those are art assets from rpgmaker packages, I can always change those and it wouldn't take me that much time, I just went with what was available at the start.
As I'm unsure how the engine your using handles object interaction, I would suggest making them click to use, rather then proximity based and/or triggering when bumped into... As you have it right now, when I got close or ran into the dresser, it kept triggering if I wanted to open it or not, and that happened several times as I tried clicking to move away from it... Same happened with a couple other items... It made navigation troublesome sometimes...

Reactions: Archast

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
As I'm unsure how the engine your using handles object interaction, I would suggest making them click to use, rather then proximity based and/or triggering when bumped into... As you have it right now, when I got close or ran into the dresser, it kept triggering if I wanted to open it or not, and that happened several times as I tried clicking to move away from it... Same happened with a couple other items... It made navigation troublesome sometimes...
Now I understand the problem, it's because the interaction button is the same as the walk button, so the game interprets as interaction instead of movement, I'm gonna fix it for the next version. Maybe restricting the interaction key to just space or putting it on the right mouse button... Thanks for the report!

Reactions: Zippity
S

Silvermable

Make at short: Great game and can grow faster as the "bug game a new dawn" I like your game and vote for it. And still the option go aoutside or bring her younger sister in the game. O fcourse small things can get better.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
Glad we have a base game again as the " error game of a new dawn") is anyway scrue up again 1.0, history for me after 1 year .
So much potential in this game go on. Don´t go outside with new maps! Built up the Hotel first with all as a 5 star hotel. Pool, Gym, Sauna etc. a special BDSM room. I vote for you for sure.

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
Why use Unity to create an RPGM game? The solely and only reason to use unity or any other software program, is to run like hell for the annoying RPGM game style.

The result is chaotic.

Playing with mouse results into triggering dialogues far away the npc, not advancing the dialogues, etc.
The dialogue conversation fills very slow, by clicking spacebar to speed up, can EASILY trigger a choice selection, which leads to time wasting due pointless waiting at each SLOW text line.

Played 0.43 first, at the end of content it asked me to save the game.
Loaded a 0.63 and resumed. Slept, picked the clothes at the dresser, changed at the bathroom, talked with the boss which told me to start at 2nd floor as usual. After reaching 2nd floor could not enter.
Loaded the same save, picked the clothes at the dresser, the dressing event at the bathroom did not trigger, could not leave the bedroom.
Quit and reloaded the same save. Picked the clothes, changed at the bath, the boss dialogue conversation started AT THE BEDROOM DOOR, could not enter the second floor again.

If loading a save does not work, then why suggest to bother saving at first place?

Overall the game does not bring anything new that I haven't seen before, although the gameplay is enjoyable.
The only thing that kills it, is the RPGM style into the Unity, that does not only brings the nightmarish time wasting style, but also is bugged as heck.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
First of all thanks for the honest review, and let me address some of the problems.

Why use Unity to create an RPGM game? The solely and only reason to use unity or any other software program, is to run like hell for the annoying RPGM game style.
Simply because I can work easily with Unity, but as I'm not artist I had to import assets from elsewhere, and when I started the art package of game maker was a nice fit, today I wouldn't do that, but it's too late to change, because if I had to start anew I would create another game not this one.

Playing with mouse results into triggering dialogues far away the npc, not advancing the dialogues, etc.
The dialogue conversation fills very slow, by clicking spacebar to speed up, can EASILY trigger a choice selection, which leads to time wasting due pointless waiting at each SLOW text line.
That will be fixed in the next version, I already changed the dev version. And about the text skipping you can click on the screen right now to do that, so you won't select any option, but I agree it's not ideal, and I have to find another way to deal with that.

If loading a save does not work, then why suggest to bother saving at first place?
I had to rewrite the saving/loading script, the current version should be compatible onward.

Overall the game does not bring anything new that I haven't seen before, although the gameplay is enjoyable.
The only thing that kills it, is the RPGM style into the Unity, that does not only brings the nightmarish time wasting style, but also is bugged as heck.
The bugs are already ironed out on the version (if you don't try to load an older save), but please let me know if you find anything else. And once more thanks for playing it!

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Can't Save, Save & Load Buttons are disabled
Disabled? Like completely not showing? If that's the case something is wrong with your download, because I haven't implemented a button disabler, which version are you playing? And if you can could you please send me an SS with the problem? Thanks :D

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
For those that are not aware, the game is going to have some major changes, ( ), and the first big change is the gameplay overhaul, here's a small teaser of the new version's dialogue in the works!

Reactions: xenos87

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Any news about new update this month because we past already 8 weeks
I'm working on the update gradually, but the new version will require more time as I'm redoing a lot of things.
I have done the dialogue system, the first 4 conversations (of 9 planned) and I started renders (10 or so done), I guess it should take me another month to finish everything, but I'll be making another status report post later this week.

Reactions: Krull and xenos87

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
I'm working on the update gradually, but the new version will require more time as I'm redoing a lot of things.
I have done the dialogue system, the first 4 conversations (of 9 planned) and I started renders (10 or so done), I guess it should take me another month to finish everything, but I'll be making another status report post later this week.
Thanks for the hope that this great game will be continue next month.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for the hope that this great game will be continue next month.
Thanks for that! It might not look like much but even this little encouragement was enough to make me pour some hours into the project today, attached is how the revamped version is looking right now.

I finally integrated the dialogue system with my own code and now I have total control over the variables! Now the only coding left it to save/load everything.

Please take a moment to check how it is looking right now, and give me your feedback, I can still change how things are looking, but it might not be possible in the future.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes