bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Low writing expectations work for devs that have low support who don't have enough financial backing to justify hiring a writer or devs that make up for it with great art and animations and even then it doesn't warrant a successful game. None of these excuses work for this dev. The renders are nothing special, the art style is the same old daz3d vomit found in every other beginner game that can be rendered on a 500$ machine, the updates are pretty small and there are no animations. And the quality of writing isn't even close enough to justify the 4000$/month support. The narration is wonky, the stories are completely unoriginal with poor execution and cliche scenarios, the characters are poorly written with any character motivations never being fully explored, and the dialogue becomes stale and detached from any fidelity to the story. And finally the endings, oh the endings! Calling them rushed would be a gross understatement. Endings without proper buildup can be executed nicely but the dev lacks the creative thinking to do any such thing, so he just writes it in the most predictable, banal and corny way possible without any good sex scenes to compensate for it. In the end, the growing sense of unsatisfaction that has been built up just dissipates into the routine humdrum of playing shitty games on this site waiting for the next good game.

If you're a developer just starting out in making games then sure, animations aren't necessary and having bad animations is worse than having no animations. But for someone who has been developing games for quite a while and earns as much as SuperWriter does, animations are a must. In order to carry a game without animations, the developer must have a writing ability strong enough to pull off scenes with enough ingenuity and immersion to make it work. The narration has to be excellent and the dialogues have to be even better. The sex scenes in his games are quite badly written and are shorter than the bad animations that would have been, completely devoid of any arousal.
You should know that the dev tried adding animations in the game, pretty bad ones at that which is completely fine if he's just starting to learn animating scenes. There were a few images hinting for better animations in the coming updates and reworking old animations. But it was ditched in later updates which is bizarre. He didn't learn animating scenes, and after he was unable to do so he didn't even hire an animator. Look at Perverteer, has less patrons than this dev, first game was without animations and had excellent writing and when he couldn't do animations himself for the next game he hired an animator.

That's the best you can do? Nitpick someone for their grammar? I'm not the one getting paid to write, and I don't give two shits about my grammar on a forum for adult games. Good English grammar and vocabulary don't make a good writer, it can only help someone in writing a game in English. There's a difference between translators/proofreaders and writers. Proofreaders aren't writers. That's why we have shitty games with good English like My New Family and other games by SuperWriter. There's so many good games with excellent stories out here on this site that receive negligible support because people care more about dickriding average devs than support newer devs with arguably much better games in terms of writing and art.
Also, if you'd read my original post carefully, I said people are paying 4k$ a month and not an individual which is a collective in itself so nice argument there.
Man, that is a lot of time and energy you spent writing on something you don't like. Why on earth do you do that? Do you really not anything better at all to spend your time on? And you apparently play through games even though you dislike them. Why not spend your time on something you actually like instead?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Low writing expectations work for devs that have low support who don't have enough financial backing to justify hiring a writer or devs that make up for it with great art and animations and even then it doesn't warrant a successful game. None of these excuses work for this dev. The renders are nothing special, the art style is the same old daz3d vomit found in every other beginner game that can be rendered on a 500$ machine, the updates are pretty small and there are no animations. And the quality of writing isn't even close enough to justify the 4000$/month support. The narration is wonky, the stories are completely unoriginal with poor execution and cliche scenarios, the characters are poorly written with any character motivations never being fully explored, and the dialogue becomes stale and detached from any fidelity to the story. And finally the endings, oh the endings! Calling them rushed would be a gross understatement. Endings without proper buildup can be executed nicely but the dev lacks the creative thinking to do any such thing, so he just writes it in the most predictable, banal and corny way possible without any good sex scenes to compensate for it. In the end, the growing sense of unsatisfaction that has been built up just dissipates into the routine humdrum of playing shitty games on this site waiting for the next good game.

If you're a developer just starting out in making games then sure, animations aren't necessary and having bad animations is worse than having no animations. But for someone who has been developing games for quite a while and earns as much as SuperWriter does, animations are a must. In order to carry a game without animations, the developer must have a writing ability strong enough to pull off scenes with enough ingenuity and immersion to make it work. The narration has to be excellent and the dialogues have to be even better. The sex scenes in his games are quite badly written and are shorter than the bad animations that would have been, completely devoid of any arousal.
You should know that the dev tried adding animations in the game, pretty bad ones at that which is completely fine if he's just starting to learn animating scenes. There were a few images hinting for better animations in the coming updates and reworking old animations. But it was ditched in later updates which is bizarre. He didn't learn animating scenes, and after he was unable to do so he didn't even hire an animator. Look at Perverteer, has less patrons than this dev, first game was without animations and had excellent writing and when he couldn't do animations himself for the next game he hired an animator.

That's the best you can do? Nitpick someone for their grammar? I'm not the one getting paid to write, and I don't give two shits about my grammar on a forum for adult games. Good English grammar and vocabulary don't make a good writer, it can only help someone in writing a game in English. There's a difference between translators/proofreaders and writers. Proofreaders aren't writers. That's why we have shitty games with good English like My New Family and other games by SuperWriter. There's so many good games with excellent stories out here on this site that receive negligible support because people care more about dickriding average devs than support newer devs with arguably much better games in terms of writing and art.
Also, if you'd read my original post carefully, I said people are paying 4k$ a month and not an individual which is a collective in itself so nice argument there.
Just what we need. Another 'Karen'. Why don't you go and troll your mom, or maybe your dad.

Sep 3, 2020
That you must do in every game from Superwriter;)

One more question, then i'll let you rest. Do we get there at some point in the game, for example when relationships with the girls get serious, that they get "real" names?
I think so

and technically that's not true in picture perfect

even if you were not interested in the other girls inappropriate things with other girls would still happen and you couldn't stop it even if you are not on the girls route

in Sun Breed two seconds into the game before I had a chance to memorize the girl's name they were already sucking my dick

so to answer your question this game and Secret Summer are Like the only two games where you have to build a relationship with the girls before anything physical could happen

but in secret summer if you tell the girls you're not interested in them they will stop all unwanted advances unlike picture perfect

sorry it took me so long to reply my microphone stopped working and I needed it to write messages
somebody already answered your message my bad

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
....to really emphasize the point that they are free now.
That was exactly the thought behind my question.

....you being able to name the girls....
One more thought on how that might be implemented in the game.
For me it speaks against real freedom to give them names as the MC, wouldn't I be just another (better) version of the baron then....? :unsure:

The girls should choose the names themselves.

to justify the 4000$/month support.
It seems that there are far more people who appreciate his work than those who are upset about how much someone else earns from work....

In the end, the growing sense of unsatisfaction that has been built up just dissipates into the routine humdrum of playing shitty games on this site waiting for the next good game.
My grandma always said:
Look for a hobby ....... or get a woman who brings you back to the bottom of the facts, otherwise you could become an asshole.

in Sun Breed two seconds into the game before I had a chance to memorize the girl's name they were already sucking my dick
I can't say anything about picture perfect now, because at that time i tried hard not to offend any of the ladies. ;)

I agree with you, of course, that in a kn it only works as far as the author wants it, since you have no choice, but it doesn't apply to sunbreed so far.
The ladies you are referring to are the vampire wives of the mc, the relationship does not have to be established in order to have physical contact.
The relationships that are slowly being built are those with the other two characters Camilla and Valentin.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
It seems that there are far more people who appreciate his work than those who are upset about how much someone else earns from work....

My grandma always said:
Look for a hobby ....... or get a woman who brings you back to the bottom of the facts, otherwise you could become an asshole.
People get upset over weird shit. In Discord, someone gave me shit because of how much I paid for something. I don't get it. Not like I spent their money. But, assholes are going to be assholes.

Sep 3, 2020

For me it speaks against real freedom to give them names as the MC, wouldn't I be just another (better) version of the baron then....? :unsure:

My grandma always said:

I can't say anything about picture perfect now, because at that time i tried hard not to offend any of the ladies. ;)

I agree with you, of course, that in a kn it only works as far as the author wants it, since you have no choice, but it doesn't apply to sunbreed so far.
The ladies you are referring to are the vampire wives of the mc, the relationship does not have to be established in order to have physical contact.
The relationships that are slowly being built are those with the other two characters Camilla and Valentin.
wait wait wait I never finish Sun Breed I just played the beginning and then I closed it I didn't know they were his wives and he still going after Other women's what an ass

Sun Breed is not for me I could never cheat on my wife or girlfriend and before you say anything I don't believe in open relationships

maybe one day he will make another vampire game
but until then I'm more than happy with Secret Summer
:love:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Spatenklopper

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Patients my young or old padawan. People will always criticize you no matter what you do. No matter how true, false, harsh, soft those are best course of action is to take the truth to improve on and filter out the toxic things.
Thanks for the advice and you're right. I'll try to just block out the negativity, though I prefer constructive criticism over just saying "you suck." I don't think many people would respond positive to that lol.

Sure, I get what you're saying. If I do decide to give the girls new names, I will let you as the player name them (basically letting the girls name themselves) instead of the MC

odessa777

May 31, 2018
I like it too. It made sense to change it since, ya know, they are on the run now and need to change their appearances. Surprised the other girls didn't change their hair as well. Especially Nine, since she is the most recognizable (stands out the most out of the three).
It makes sense, since they're on the run, I just don't like that hairstyles, that's all.

Reactions: HogRocket
Sep 3, 2020

criticizing a game is perfectly fine

nothing is wrong with that

but there is a right and wrong way to do it
criticize the game without insulting the Game Developer

saying the developer sucks is not good criticism

believe me nobody criticizes games more than me but when I criticize a Game I like to talk about

What specifically in the game I didn't like and why and I never talke about the developer

.dat kind of criticism does not help anyone at all all you will end up doing is chasing good developers like SuperWriter away

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
criticizing a game is perfectly fine

nothing is wrong with that

but there is a right and wrong way to do it
criticize the game without insulting the Game Developer

saying the developer sucks is not good criticism

believe me nobody criticizes games more than me but when I criticize a Game I like to talk about

What specifically in the game I didn't like and why and I never talke about the developer

.dat kind of criticism does not help anyone at all all you will end up doing is chasing good developers like SuperWriter away
SuperWriter chased away by a 'Karen'? Hardly. But. you are correct.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

SW and I frequently do not see eye to eye and to be honest, I have not had the time to play this game. In general, it seems to me that this critique of SW's work in general is unduly harsh. I believe that Picture Perfect was his first game. I too believe that the story was overly simple, but I kind of expect that on a first effort. There's a lot to learn when you are starting out. I like Secret Summer more than PP; maybe that's because now that SW has learned the mechanics of creating a VN, he can devote more effort to the story. As far as animations go, I do tend to enjoy stories more if they have good animations. That does not mean that I can't also enjoy a story that does not have any animations. I also enjoy a good graphic novel from time to time; and you know what, no animations.

3.90 star(s) 58 Votes