Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
OhhhHHhhh.... Another dev who slept right through Ren'Py coding classes ... o_O :oops: :eek: :censored: :cautious::unsure:

Here ... dev wannabe ... this is how real devs do it:)::::::
I made a dev's note about the game, link is on the OP, post on the first page.
There are well over 100 pics for your info. Because I made the EFFORT of post-working all my images and reducing their file size by saving them as lossless jpgs, and animations converted to .ogv files (the preferred format for ren'py anyway, and much smaller than .avi)...
Kudos for this, Tim:"made the EFFORT of post-working all my images and reducing their file size by saving them as lossless jpgs, and animations converted to .ogv files (the preferred format for ren'py anyway, and much smaller than .avi)..."
you wanna know whats great about that render. I cut it. Not good enough. I animated that shot instead :p

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Forever Ink [Ch. 1 Ep. 1] [WarAngel] - Original Size: 1.01GB

Download PC (66MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
OhhhHHhhh.... Another dev who slept right through Ren'Py coding classes ... o_O :oops: :eek: :censored: :cautious::unsure:
What does not using image compression have to do with Ren'Py coding? I'd say nothing at all.

But cloudstrife, you should really use image compression right from the start.
Using webp format, you can bring down most of your images from 3MB+ to below 250KB without any visible quality loss. Even using jpg will probably cut them down to 300KB.
To bring them down even further, you have to either use some DOF to slightly blurr the background or accept some quality loss.
Or if you really want smaller images with really good quality, you can post work every single one of them. That's what I do. If you slightly blurr the background, you can make them even smaller.
I've attached an example. 140KB in webp format with slightly blurred background and 220KB just saved as webp without any postwork. I'm pretty sure almost no one will notice that the image is compressed.

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
What does not using image compression have to do with Ren'Py coding? I'd say nothing at all.

But cloudstrife, you should really use image compression right from the start.
Using webp format, you can bring down most of your images from 3MB+ to below 250KB without any visible quality loss. Even using jpg will probably cut them down to 300KB.
To bring them down even further, you have to either use some DOF to slightly blurr the background or accept some quality loss.
Or if you really want smaller images with really good quality, you can post work every single one of them. That's what I do. If you slightly blurr the background, you can make them even smaller.
I've attached an example. 140KB in webp format with slightly blurred background and 220KB just saved as webp without any postwork. I'm pretty sure almost no one will notice that the image is compressed.
Yeah switching from png to jpg will help me a lot to reduce size, and I'm definitely going to have to that since the next update will probably be a bit bigger in size

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Dang came hoping there was a pure lesbian path... was willing to overlook the gross tattoos if that was the case... that said, you dont need to make a fourth path, just make the "naughty fun" path optional... where the MC can choose who she fucks... that way people can pick nothing but girls for her instead of the usual garbage (Darrius and Russel models)...so long as you keep the "choices" in mind it should satisfy most people....

Otherwise it will be like "Adventerous Couple" where you get awesome choices such as "not attracted to black guys"... and then in the story the girl MC tells the male MC "I love me some BBC".... despite never touching one in the path I chose....

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Dang came hoping there was a pure lesbian path... was willing to overlook the gross tattoos if that was the case... that said, you dont need to make a fourth path, just make the "naughty fun" path optional... where the MC can choose who she fucks... that way people can pick nothing but girls for her instead of the usual garbage (Darrius and Russel models)...so long as you keep the "choices" in mind it should satisfy most people....

Otherwise it will be like "Adventerous Couple" where you get awesome choices such as "not attracted to black guys"... and then in the story the girl MC tells the male MC "I love me some BBC".... despite never touching one in the path I chose....
But both the single path and the relationship path are going to be fairly linear so it wouldn't be fair for the single path to then have all these choices when the relationship path doesn't, and keeping the paths separate will avoid any contradictions in dialogue. Don't worry I can make a separate lesbian path work and I'll get it started in the next version:)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
i just fast forwarded the game, this because the story is quite bad.
2 years without sex, but her life is full of sexual approaches.
fun is to go to a strip club, where theres tons of girls watching, well, where do we find a place like that?
what is the point of a visual novel if the story is that bad? we could have a slide show instead and make it as interesting.

• Haha

mikelinez

May 11, 2017
But both the single path and the relationship path are going to be fairly linear so it wouldn't be fair for the single path to then have all these choices when the relationship path doesn't, and keeping the paths separate will avoid any contradictions in dialogue. Don't worry I can make a separate lesbian path work and I'll get it started in the next version:)
Thinking of supporting you. Love the game. In the relationship path, will their be opportunities for her to cheat? Or find her boyfriend cheating on her?

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Thinking of supporting you. Love the game. In the relationship path, will their be opportunities for her to cheat? Or find her boyfriend cheating on her?
Yes I plan on having another path start later Ash will start cheating on Ryan for those who are interested in that, but it won't start for several more updates yet

• Haha
4.70 star(s) 7 Votes