wiselord

Sep 3, 2017
I'm not sure about that but it's an interesting theory but also has problems. The Dark Avatar was in Season 2 of Korra and was wiped out I guess. I guess because I dropped LoK pretty early since I found the writing and characters to be dreadful. They really needed to bring Aaron Ehasz back but I digress. If it wasn't wiped out then yeah, the dark avatar spirit could have moved to someone else and we can have it so Korra was in her 30's or so so that the player character had enough time to grow up to be the lovable lazy ass that he is. This speculation is far more interesting than the usual help questions for sure.
Yeah, its the only explanation that I could think of that would make it so an avatar was alive in the opening. It kind of makes sense in the lore, as neither the pure spirit (the avatar) or the corruption spirit (the dark avatar) can be destroyed for good, at least not while the other exists.

This is all more speculation: It could also make sense how the PC lived to 18 without any bending, as the dark avatar was weakened after the battle, almost destroyed. Water was the first element he learned, due to him previously being Unalaq, a water bender in his past life, as this seemed to be the easiest for the PC to learn. He then gained the ability to learn the other elements from possessing aang's body, as he adjusted to what the host could do. Next as fire was the element Aang learnt last the spirit sped up the process by possessing zuko or the thief both likely firebenders, this was needed as Aang learnt firebending from Zuko before the final battle. Next it's back to Aang, as he now has some earth bending knowledge, and so he can learn from Toph at the time the real Aang would have done. Finally you would inhabit an air bender, Korra? Meelo? Kai? Or another unnamed acolyte with bending.

I feel the dark avatar would be a water bender in every reincarnation as the first dark avatar only new withstanding, so the spirit, possibly even vaatu in disguise as the painted lady is gearing the PC up to be a real dark avatar with all four elements, as he almost defeated Korra, a fully realised avatar with withstanding and dark avatar power alone.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, its the only explanation that I could think of that would make it so an avatar was alive in the opening. It kind of makes sense in the lore, as neither the pure spirit (the avatar) or the corruption spirit (the dark avatar) can be destroyed for good, at least not while the other exists.

This is all more speculation: It could also make sense how the PC lived to 18 without any bending, as the dark avatar was weakened after the battle, almost destroyed. Water was the first element he learned, due to him previously being Unalaq, a water bender in his past life, as this seemed to be the easiest for the PC to learn. He then gained the ability to learn the other elements from possessing aang's body, as he adjusted to what the host could do. Next as fire was the element Aang learnt last the spirit sped up the process by possessing zuko or the thief both likely firebenders, this was needed as Aang learnt firebending from Zuko before the final battle. Next it's back to Aang, as he now has some earth bending knowledge, and so he can learn from Toph at the time the real Aang would have done. Finally you would inhabit an air bender, Korra? Meelo? Kai? Or another unnamed acolyte with bending.

I feel the dark avatar would be a water bender in every reincarnation as the first dark avatar only new withstanding, so the spirit, possibly even vaatu in disguise as the painted lady is gearing the PC up to be a real dark avatar with all four elements, as he almost defeated Korra, a fully realised avatar with withstanding and dark avatar power alone.
Yeah. That works for me. You've convinced me that this could be a way for Mity to go. Nevermind that the very idea of a Dark Avatar sounds like fan fiction but it's just one possibility.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
I mean the whole game is in essense fan fiction
True. But it's been pretty faithful to ATLA so far. I mean LoK and the whole Dark Avatar thing was something that you would find on fanfiction.net before LoK aired which is a shame in my eyes.

wiselord

Sep 3, 2017
True. But it's been pretty faithful to ATLA so far. I mean LoK and the whole Dark Avatar thing was something that you would find on fanfiction.net before LoK aired which is a shame in my eyes.
Ah. But you know it will have to be faithfull to Korra as well, and Mity could start on book 2-4, I really don't think it will be book 1, as very little characters were introduced and that would limit Mity too much. if its set during book 4 then a dark avatar is the least of the fanfic elements. book four also seems unlikely as for the first half korra is in the earth kingdom missing. And kovira a metal bender guard is becoming an earth bending female hitler, with Mecha
actual picture from book 4

Reactions: GaRbS

Hans Braun

Oct 30, 2017
Im getting pretty pissed at MITY tbh, like wtf how long do they plan on making us wait after making false promises.

fskas

Jul 1, 2017
@Hans Braun money money money. ppl are not all the same, some are pretty strong for stuff like that, other are completly destroyed and never get back. Mity's team may be getting 13k a month, but it doesn't change the fact they are humans (woaaaaa).
Ho and also, its the first time in what ... 2 years ? we have a real delay and not a 5day 1 week delay. so can you please not being an ass and wait like everyone ?

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Im getting pretty pissed at MITY tbh, like wtf how long do they plan on making us wait after making false promises.
Dude, it's barely been two months. Other projects out there have people waiting for years. And it's not like he's sitting on his ass doing nothing. His mom got frigging cancer. I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your money, but don't be a whiny bitch.

tyga

May 10, 2018
So im doing the fire book for the first time, thief storyline. IS there a morality I want to be leaning towards; + or - ?

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
It's pretty easy to complain about delays on a game you're getting for free on an unassociated site. If it really bothers you so much, I'd suggest telling him personally on his patreon that your free update schedule is more important than his mom's cancer.
How do you think it shows up here? Someone pays for access to these games then posts it to the site. Do not assume those complaining here are not donating money. Many complainers have mentioned cancelling their patronage on one game or another.

Also, the game is free anyways. Mity cannot charge for the game itself.

4.50 star(s) 273 Votes