Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
TLDR: Words and shit. Cbob's been ghosting Marty. Highly likely no update this month. Also won't charge donations for January.
...Cbob is really gonna ruin getting 20K a month and fucking ghost a business partner like that? How did the project even go this far without imploding?

It take being a whole new level of fuck up to ruin such a golden opportunity.

Serpents2

Jul 6, 2020
...Cbob is really gonna ruin getting 20K a month and fucking ghost a business partner like that? How did the project even go this far without imploding?

We never know what's truly happening behind the scenes. CBOB could be dealing with some major shit that makes FET seem pointless. Depression is caused by many things. I see people say they wouldn't be depressed if they were making that much money but that's because their depression is caused by lack of money. Whatever the cause is for CBOB to be depressed I wish him well and hope he get the help they need in whatever form it takes. Depression is a serious matter and shouldn't be 'punished' or insulted.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Yeah.

Sometimes depression can be caused by envoiremental issues. Poverty is not really a cause, but hopelessness of never getting above it could be, and thus getting out of it would make you fearful of ever returning. Death of a relative too.

Unfortunately, many times, probably most of them, the cause of depression is an actual sickness of the brain. As in, some problems over the body cause pain. Some in the brain cause depression among others.

I am, of course, dumbing this down a lot and may be saying some mistakes here and there. Manly because I am not a psychiatrist, just someone who suffers from depression myself.

The thing is, just like you can't throw away fever or a broken bone because of money, you will eventually collapse if you force yourself, it is the same for depression. The difference is that you don't get a physical symptom others can see, it is literaly all in your head, so many people who don't know better yet dismiss it as a matter of willpower.

So, yeah. The money from the patreons is not a solution here.

In fact, I hope Marty can either contact cbob more directly or find a way to get someone to check on him for him.
I'm not saying this is the case, I thankfully am not one such case, but it is known some cases of depression can lead to suicidal impulses... I would be less worried if we had a way to be sure this is not a worry here.

Reactions: hellbrider

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
We never know what's truly happening behind the scenes. CBOB could be dealing with some major shit that makes FET seem pointless. Depression is caused by many things. I see people say they wouldn't be depressed if they were making that much money but that's because their depression is caused by lack of money. Whatever the cause is for CBOB to be depressed I wish him well and hope he get the help they need in whatever form it takes. Depression is a serious matter and shouldn't be 'punished' or insulted.
That's nice and all but that's no excuse to ghost and ignore the artist, this situation is fucking him over too. Depression is sad but it's not excuse or reason to fuck up other people's situation too.

Serpents2

Jul 6, 2020
That's nice and all but that's no excuse to ghost and ignore the artist, this situation is fucking him over too. Depression is sad but it's not excuse or reason to fuck up other people's situation too.
Not an excuse but the cause. Depression often causes people to 'ghost' others because it causes one to not feel like themselves and they don't want others to see them in that state. I know from first hand exp how it can affect people. To get angry at someone who is depressed is never a solution and from what I've read the artist has been understanding of this. It was not CBOB's idea to cut the funding, he just agreed to it. For all we know that could be adding to his depression.

C00m3rZ00m3r

Oct 12, 2020
Can't get past book 2, did both love path and slave path. In love path me and Azula had sex in the throne room, but nothing is happening afterwards and I don't know how to progress. In slave path I imprisoned her and then released her after some time, but still do not know how to continue. Any help?

Pervertido22

Sep 23, 2019
Can't get past book 2, did both love path and slave path. In love path me and Azula had sex in the throne room, but nothing is happening afterwards and I don't know how to progress. In slave path I imprisoned her and then released her after some time, but still do not know how to continue. Any help?
If I remember correctly you had to go to the tower, in the case of the love route at night and the slave route by day
(sorry for bad english, translator)

ezarel5620

Dec 13, 2020
I like how people just decided it was depression when it could just as likely be procrastination, or even more likely he tried to code in another mini game and it nuked the whole build, would explain why it was supposedly almost done in early October and now its about to be January. It wouldn't surprise me if he's spent time during these delays trying to brute force another card game fiasco and just doesn't want to tell the artist about it

Its been obvious for a long time now that most of the passion for the project is with the artist

joe nemo

May 6, 2018

cbob was suffering from depression and writers block. Apparently he was getting out it, then slipped back. At this point I'm just hoping that cbob isn't suicidal or having a complete nervous breakdown. Holidays suck for a lot of people and this year jacked the suck up to 11 with no end in sight.

Reactions: Genji

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
True clinical depression shuts a person down to the point they cannot really do anything. It isn't being sad, it's being turned off. People at the bottom of depression don't commit sucide because they don't have to will or energy to complete the act. Giving anti depressives increases the risk of suicide because the patient is now active enough to actually kill themselves.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
well uh the thing with that is, if he really stumbled into some depression sinkhole, there's for some people a point where nothing matters. at all. that's where they don't see a point to anything; some stop eating or even stop using the toilet. they just don't struggle anymore and shut down. write to Marty would been decent. if there were a point. let's hope it's not that one sinkhole, because if there's no point to anything, you see no reason to do anything. that would end it.
from past several months i'm under the impression that cbob spent more thought over story than he did over code, might as well be something of both crossed where he's stuck now, and something doesn't fit. i'd rather that version over the sinkhole any day, because it means delays and not abandon.

Wahlam

Apr 17, 2020
Go to the watchtower. It will trigger the final

jeff11102

Jun 26, 2018
also ngl book 3 love route ending kinda sucked, I like toph a lot more than katara so I don't know why they decided to end it with katara

Reactions: TroyDM

GAMERUsagi

Dec 22, 2020
As a huge fan of the Kyoshi Novels I would love to have that setting in the game. There a bunch of women in the books they could use. But I doubt that would ever happen. Especially now.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
I don’t know if I made this clear before so let me lay it out

By skipping over Zaheer arc we missed out on P’li(combustion mans daughter) and tentacle arms girl. That’s already bad enough

if we can’t fuck fire lord Izumi, no ifs ands or buts about it, this is a bad game. End of story.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes