mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Did the update break saves? I can't go to town and the libary now. I see No Acces boxes now that can't be selected for them now. Manipulation is also not selectable too. I tried a few saves.
It absolutely should not have broken saves. Let me PM you.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
is sex slave/domestic slave starts not in the game currently?
Yes, since the majority of players and supporters voted on having me work on dom content, sexual and domestic slavery is WIP for now. I wanted to finish the "Path to Freedom" quest first (allowing the player to exit slavery and own their own slaves) before working on the sub-routes. That being said, there are still some of sub-events in the game -- such as being forced to lick and eat your own cum off Emily's feet (if you don't pay her fee).

Winterwolf00

Nov 23, 2018
" Free Cities: Origins (FCO) is an HTML game developed using SugarCube 2 based on the famous Free Cities HTML game "
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

seden

Aug 22, 2016
TBS, with more content added in, Free cities - pregmod is still getting worked on. Supporting over 200 cows in the barn, some grinding with the Colonel, but between micromanagement of slaves and auto settings.
Curious how deep this version will go, trade then alliance, while building your own.
+ the special forces who can at best use the city cannons to help from time to time.
This said, a full stack of the tri parts official army (Slaves, city, merc), wonder of both games will go from now.

Last edited:

Selene_R

Dec 3, 2017
Hi, sorry if this is asked before, i know there are some sub events in the game but do you plan on more? Only sub event in the original FC was getting dominated by a slave, similar events with "secretly submissive leader" type would be amazing.
Thank you for reviving this legend btw, great job even in this early stage.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Hi, sorry if this is asked before, i know there are some sub events in the game but do you plan on more? Only sub event in the original FC was getting dominated by a slave, similar events with "secretly submissive leader" type would be amazing.
Thank you for reviving this legend btw, great job even in this early stage.
Absolutely. You start as a slave, wouldn't it be a crime to not have a very sub option? It's WIP right now though, and I wanted to finish the dom content first.

Selene_R

Dec 3, 2017
Absolutely. You start as a slave, wouldn't it be a crime to not have a very sub option? It's WIP right now though, and I wanted to finish the dom content first.
Oh i understand there will be sub options as a slave, what i wonder is sub options after getting in charge of your free city as a mistress like getting dominated by a slave of your choice etc. I know there is still a lot of work to get there, so just asking.

Reactions: JackJoe

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Oh i understand there will be sub options as a slave, what i wonder is sub options after getting in charge of your free city as a mistress like getting dominated by a slave of your choice etc. I know there is still a lot of work to get there, so just asking.
Oh, I have no idea, if I was thinking that in-detail that long term nothing would get done. I have a general structure of the whole game planned out, but I'm working on Phase 1 right now and simply do not have the bandwidth to think too much in-detail beyond that. I hope you can understand. We recently hired a new developer though, so perhaps I can offload such planning to them.

Reactions: JackJoe

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
Did the update break saves? I can't go to town and the libary now. I see No Acces boxes now that can't be selected for them now. Manipulation is also not selectable too. I tried a few saves.
I had similar actually - what seemed to happen is that the update bumped me back to Low Slave, so farming Trust with Shintani to raise the ranks addressed the not getting to head into town issue. I'm still without Library access though (Shintani tells me to see Himari, but she doesn't have the Library dialog option, presumably since the quest is already in progress) and Lia's tower is coming up as No Access (again, perhaps because the Power Struggles quest is already started?)

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I had similar actually - what seemed to happen is that the update bumped me back to Low Slave, so farming Trust with Shintani to raise the ranks addressed the not getting to head into town issue. I'm still without Library access though (Shintani tells me to see Himari, but she doesn't have the Library dialog option, presumably since the quest is already in progress) and Lia's tower is coming up as No Access (again, perhaps because the Power Struggles quest is already started?)
Yes this is a bug, it's now fixed in the hotfix version. So sorry about that! If the Mimus Update Tool doesn't say "Status structure updated" or something, then the tool failed to work, in which case please DM me.

MWalkah

Dec 30, 2019
I'm unable to replicate this issue and many have been able to download without problems. First try downloading on our with an incognito tab. If that doesn't work try following this . If you still have problems please DM me on Discord, or PM me here.
Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Curiously enough, I managed to solve the issue doing what you instructed, but in reverse. I was getting that error while using an incognito tab. When I tried in a regular one, it worked out flawlessly.

Reactions: mimusstudios

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
Are you bychance in a place with slow internet? Sometimes the screenshots get cut off.
Huh, I'd not even noticed it until seeing this comment, but actually I seem to have a bit of inconsistency in terms of when the character renders show up. Shintani is always there, and Himari/Mei are if I visit them at night, but during the day the 3 girls rarely show up in dialog or sex scenes (their room/backgrounds often render though). Other people eg Lia, the brothel receptionist & girl, etc are usually reliably rendered. I figured that was just down to "these are the only renders that are illustrated so far" but thinking back, in at least one previous build Himari had some renders for the ask/influence menu which IIRC changed depending on how much she liked me, so thought I'd mention!

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Huh, I'd not even noticed it until seeing this comment, but actually I seem to have a bit of inconsistency in terms of when the character renders show up. Shintani is always there, and Himari/Mei are if I visit them at night, but during the day the 3 girls rarely show up in dialog or sex scenes (their room/backgrounds often render though). Other people eg Lia, the brothel receptionist & girl, etc are usually reliably rendered. I figured that was just down to "these are the only renders that are illustrated so far" but thinking back, in at least one previous build Himari had some renders for the ask/influence menu which IIRC changed depending on how much she liked me, so thought I'd mention!
Yes the renders are meant to show given different disposition. The thing is if you are in a disposition which I have not rendered, it'll show a blank screen. Apologies for this as I haven't had time to render all dispositions for the slaves yet. Notably, no one has "devoted" rendered and jae is basically completely not rendered. This is on my todo list once I get a good GPU.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Bro you tripping me out with using Enderal music in your game
Haha love their work, and it's under creative commons so I thought it was perfect. I thought the overall themes matched a bit too! You're the first one to notice though!

durhon

May 31, 2018
Haha love their work, and it's under creative commons so I thought it was perfect. I thought the overall themes matched a bit too! You're the first one to notice though!
I definitely can see the similar themes, between the two. It shocked me when I first go out into the city and I started to hear that guitar strum opening of Homecoming. At first I was like "....it can't be.", then started moving around and hearing more of pieces of music from Enderal. Good choice of music really sets the tone of the game, especially since I've played through the game.

Reactions: mimusstudios

seifun

Jul 4, 2019
I've just started trying the game it would be good to know which locations are actually accessible?
Or maybe a list of quests that can be achieved could also be of help?

It seems buying slaves is not possible?

Interaction with girls except Himari, Mei and Jae doesn't seem possible either.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes