doom12321

Aug 31, 2017
So nobody is going to mentioned how this game have all the wrong tag? why bother putting any tag or why not put all tag.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Reij

Argentus67

Nov 19, 2021
So nobody is going to mentioned how this game have all the wrong tag? why bother putting any tag or why not put all tag.
There's not a single tag that is wrong.
it lacks a couple, like "lesbian" and " female domination" if you're playing as a female protagonist but all the current tags are correct.

Hazery

Mar 21, 2018
So, idk why but there's this weird Relax button, but everytime i use it to Relax it's weirdly enough always drain my stamina... shouldn't it be the opposite? How did relaxing drain my stamina in the first place? Is this a bug?
I tested it on Very Easy and Very Hard difficulty and it unfortunately still did that

Reactions: JaxMan and hhowlewd

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Is there a possibility to play as a female protagonist in this game?
The last time I played this game, playing as female wasn't all that different to playing as male. The game seemed to be an ego trip of the "get stronger and beat everyone" kind. So, I wouldn't expect a "submissive slave gets into kinky situations" kinda game if I were you.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
So, idk why but there's this weird Relax button, but everytime i use it to Relax it's weirdly enough always drain my stamina... shouldn't it be the opposite? How did relaxing drain my stamina in the first place? Is this a bug?
I tested it on Very Easy and Very Hard difficulty and it unfortunately still did that
This is intended. Never met someone who could relax indefinitely and never go to sleep. Your stamina drain is quadratic in respect to time. Relaxing decreases the instaneous rate (partial derivative) by half.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
The last time I played this game, playing as female wasn't all that different to playing as male. The game seemed to be an ego trip of the "get stronger and beat everyone" kind. So, I wouldn't expect a "submissive slave gets into kinky situations" kinda game if I were you.
Dang this is just not true. You start as a slave, of course we are planning to have these events. It's just sexual and domestic slavery isn't implemented yet.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
This is intended. Never met someone who could relax indefinitely and never go to sleep. Your stamina drain is quadratic in respect to time. Relaxing decreases the instaneous rate (partial derivative) by half.
mimusstudios, dude, are you trying to make brains implode? :p
I've a sharp enough mind to get the gist of what you're saying there. But, I suspect, most folks are going to suffer mini-strokes :WaitWhat:
I get that 'dumbing it down' for the 'unwashed masses' can be painful, but... try?
When in doubt, try imaging that you're explaining it to a 5th grader. Hard to go wrong that way :p

• Haha
Reactions: mimusstudios

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
mimusstudios, dude, are you trying to make brains implode? :p
I've a sharp enough mind to get the gist of what you're saying there. But, I suspect, most folks are going to suffer mini-strokes :WaitWhat:
I get that 'dumbing it down' for the 'unwashed masses' can be painful, but... try?
When in doubt, try imaging that you're explaining it to a 5th grader. Hard to go wrong that way :p
Lol sorry, I'm a mathematician at my IRL job and we're always told to be extremely precise. Just habit. Basically, if you relax the stamina drain rate decreases, but stamina will always still decrease over time to make sure the player sleeps. Sleeping is important as many world events are simulated during it.

WizD

Apr 28, 2018
Haha this was originally planned but I figured no one would do it and it would be a waste putting resources into that. It is however implemented that being Chinese, Japanese, or Korean gives you a slightly higher sex value in Nipon though (for obvious reasons), but nothing outside of that.

I am however planning on having some minor changes later on regarding relations based on player ethnicity. So if you can, try to stick to the major ones.
Do you it's your game after all. Just wanted to add a counter to that. I lived in Japan for 5 years. They love the other races. They are exotic. I have red hair and grey eyes. I had to fight them off with a stick. Also love the game keep it up. Oh a question on Cycles of abuse quest. Repay debt part. What do you need to do? I forget what the conversation said.

Last edited:

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Do you it's your game after all. Just wanted to add a counter to that. I lived in Japan for 5 years. They love the other races. They are exotic. I have red hair and grey eyes. I had to fight them off with a stick. Also love the game keep it up.
Haha, this isn't meant to make a statement about Japanese people at all. In fact, technically Nipon is modeled after Nazi Germany, it just happens to have a Japanese background because being Asian in this world is actually rare. This rarity is what motivates Shintani's superiority complex (and racial supremacy) due to his "main character complex" because of his upbringing.

As for why Asians are rare - well it hasn't been stated in the game yet but China being a major nuclear power was completely and utterly destroyed in the first phases of the war.

The racism and political struggles between asians and non-asians in the game is intentional and meant to be a plot point for the "Power Struggles" quest.

WizD

Apr 28, 2018
Haha, this isn't meant to make a statement about Japanese people at all. In fact, technically Nipon is modeled after Nazi Germany, it just happens to have a Japanese background because being Asian in this world is actually rare. This rarity is what motivates Shintani's superiority complex (and racial supremacy) due to his "main character complex" because of his upbringing.

As for why Asians are rare - well it hasn't been stated in the game yet but China being a major nuclear power was completely and utterly destroyed in the first phases of the war.

The racism and political struggles between asians and non-asians in the game is intentional and meant to be a plot point for the "Power Struggles" quest.
Gotcha. Keep up the good work looking forward to what's to cum ;P.

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
Yes, I caught this bug and fixed it already. I believe the fixed version is already pushed to the website as well as the drive download link. Thanks so much for the feedback though, glad you enjoy the update so far!
Hmm, so in the new ver. it's no longer throwing the error, but still soft-locks at Emily's home: both the dialog options "got it from Lia" and "get off me" give "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" and there's no "leave Emily's house" button...
It threw some kind of pop-up error when trying to influence a bought male slave too but I ended up reloading to an earlier savestate so can't recall the message or exact sequence of events that triggered it.
I did just notice that, after training up intelligence in the library, I'm actually failing the "give Shintani the wrong book" move as he knows I'm not that dumb. This is really good, I feel like a lot of games wouldn't have considered that!

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Hmm, so in the new ver. it's no longer throwing the error, but still soft-locks at Emily's home: both the dialog options "got it from Lia" and "get off me" give "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" and there's no "leave Emily's house" button...
It threw some kind of pop-up error when trying to influence a bought male slave too but I ended up reloading to an earlier savestate so can't recall the message or exact sequence of events that triggered it.
I did just notice that, after training up intelligence in the library, I'm actually failing the "give Shintani the wrong book" move as he knows I'm not that dumb. This is really good, I feel like a lot of games wouldn't have considered that!
Damn, I thought I fixed the softlocking. I'll give it another look. Thanks for bringing it up. As for the influence issue, I'll look into that as well. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

EDIT: Do you remember which influence action caused the error?

Last edited:

seifun

Jul 4, 2019
In 1.8.1 I can no more give(or if using saved games change it) JAE any appointments because it says I don't have a higher rank, even if MC is a high slave is this a bug or intended?
Also Shintani's trust is resetting after a couple of days ..

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
In 1.8.1 I can no more give(or if using saved games change it) JAE any appointments because it says I don't have a higher rank, even if MC is a high slave is this a bug or intended?
Also Shintani's trust is resetting after a couple of days ..
What's your status? There's a bug in 0.0.1.7.1 that caused the status to be reset in 0.0.1.8 games. I thought I had fixed it, but sometimes it still happens. Again the update tool is very buggy. I tested it on a new game and I'm still able to do it. I've also tested it on games that ported over from <0.0.1.7 and it works fine. With some 0.0.1.7.1 saves it fucks up though. So sorry about that.

If you want to fix your status you can type the following into the console

delete SugarCube.State.variables.location_status;
SugarCube.State.variables.locations.nipon.status = "high_slave";

hhowlewd

Jan 21, 2019
I'm getting a weird loop on the power struggles quest, where if I fail the manipulation check, I have to restart basically the entire quest. I also get semi-soft-locked out of her house.

Also, there's almost definitely a bug in increasing tact from the library. I studied 8 hours, for 60 days, with 40 intelligence / 100 education, which should net me around 10 points of tact. I increased tact a grand total of 0 times. Manipulation works, but feels like it's at about 1/4th or 1/2 the stated % chance of increase, which means increasing manipulation is a massive chore, and increasing tact is literally impossible.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes