mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
30? I have had 12 since start of my game and earned one manipulation point. haha I must be doing something wrong, I'm on Apr 26 and game begins Feb 1.
Lol never going into social skills is a perfectly reasonable way to play the game. The story is meant to take years (in the future you'll be able to forward time in larger increments by a day)

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
I can't acces the town in 1.8.1 the button doesn't work. I was able to acces the town before i started the cycle of abuse quest and slept in 1.8.1 for some reason.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I can't acces the town in 1.8.1 the button doesn't work. I was able to acces the town before i started the cycle of abuse quest and slept in 1.8.1 for some reason.
If you are updating from 1.7.1 this is a known problem. The update engine is very buggy. Please type these into your console.

delete SugarCube.State.variables.location_status;
SugarCube.State.variables.locations.nipon.access = true;
SugarCube.State.variables.locations.nipon.status = "high_slave";

Last edited:

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
If you are updating from 1.7.1 this is a known problem. The update engine is very buggy. Please type these into your console.

delete SugarCube.State.variables.location_status;
SugarCube.State.variables.locatoins.nipon.access = true;
SugarCube.State.variables.locations.nipon.status = "high_slave";
How do you acces the console to do this? I'm using Microsoft Edge as my browser.

Reij

Jun 22, 2018
How do you acces the console to do this? I'm using Microsoft Edge as my browser.
F12 (for all... most? browsers) or Ctrl+Shift+I or click on the "..." at the top right, click more tools, and finally, click developer tools.

CeLezte

Sep 10, 2017
Yes, just choose that option in the intro
Oh, I finally figured out how to play as a female character! It's located in the screen called: "But Then There Came" the second sentence says something like "You are a ...". Here you can click on the link and swap sex.

Update: Oh... well that's dissapointing. Unfortunately playing as female is the same as playing as a male character. You use a strap-on while having oral sex :-(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I have no idea how to play this. To do basically anything requires willpower, but you need high obedience to complete the first quest, and anything you do sends willpower plummeting. Once I'd clicked through working enough days to complete the first quest, with 0 willpower, the second quest requires me to leave the house, which I still have no way of doing.

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
F12 (for all... most? browsers) or Ctrl+Shift+I or click on the "..." at the top right, click more tools, and finally, click developer tools.
Ok i typed all that in to the console. It lowered my trust down to 5 when i slept i was at 97. I re-grinded up trust to 92 which didn't advance up as quick as beford. Now it saying i need to up my status to high slave, but i did all the quests all ready and my status still says slave. Also, i have no way to improve dexterity. I had some losses in the mine and can't train it up as it says i can't train anymore.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I have no idea how to play this. To do basically anything requires willpower, but you need high obedience to complete the first quest, and anything you do sends willpower plummeting. Once I'd clicked through working enough days to complete the first quest, with 0 willpower, the second quest requires me to leave the house, which I still have no way of doing.
You need to read the text and check the quest logs. Please talk to Shintani to leave the house. It should be quest "The Nipon Economy"

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Ok i typed all that in to the console. It lowered my trust down to 5 when i slept i was at 97. I re-grinded up trust to 92 which didn't advance up as quick as beford. Now it saying i need to up my status to high slave, but i did all the quests all ready and my status still says slave. Also, i have no way to improve dexterity. I had some losses in the mine and can't train it up as it says i can't train anymore.
I'm not getting any other reports of this issue, let me PM you. Also I pretty much respond instantly on the Discord (link in Signature), so if you want faster responses please message in general or bug reports there.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
You need to read the text and check the quest logs. Please talk to Shintani to leave the house. It should be quest "The Nipon Economy"
There's no such option. Only quest I got was keeping obedience high, which then unlocked talking to someone else about the library key, and now she wants the MC to go work at a brothel or something, that's the only other quest I have. I still haven't got an option to leave the house.

1654267766867.png

Edit: Tried grinding work days a bit further and eventually unlocked a third quest that also requires the MC to leave the house (Path to Greatness). Still no way to do that though.
Edit2: Grinding even further work days and I finally got the Economy quest and can now leave the house. Jeez, this game doesn't half like clicking through the same three events.

Last edited:

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
There's no such option. Only quest I got was keeping obedience high, which then unlocked talking to someone else about the library key, and now she wants the MC to go work at a brothel or something, that's the only other quest I have. I still haven't got an option to leave the house.

View attachment 1847969
Option 7 please. Maybe I should have "Life of a Slave" include instructions to ask Shintani what to do. Do you have "Life of a Slave" in your quest journal at least?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Option 7 please. Maybe I should have "Life of a Slave" include instructions to ask Shintani what to do. Do you have "Life of a Slave" in your quest journal at least?
It popped eventually, thanks. By that point I had more or less lost interest, but I'll check back in in a few updates and see if the world has filled out a bit more.

Any hints for keeping willpower from going right in the toilet, beyond the tooltip in the game?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
It popped eventually, thanks. By that point I had more or less lost interest, but I'll check back in in a few updates and see if the world has filled out a bit more.

Any hints for keeping willpower from going right in the toilet, beyond the tooltip in the game?
Your willpower should be 0 as a low slave pretty much entirely. Your willpower should be near 100 by the time you've finished "The Nipon Economy" or by the time you start buying slaves of your own. It will happen organically as you explore the world and spent time outside the house.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Oh, I finally figured out how to play as a female character! It's located in the screen called: "But Then There Came" the second sentence says something like "You are a ...". Here you can click on the link and swap sex.

Update: Oh... well that's dissapointing. Unfortunately playing as female is the same as playing as a male character. You use a strap-on while having oral sex :-(
If you're looking for sub content it hasn't been written yet. It's irrespective of gender, you just need to pick "Domestic" or "Sexual" slavery. The sub content is very much planned, but isn't the top priority yet, hope you understand. Please check back in a couple of updates though!

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I got permission from Shin to buy slave which he would subsidize 90% of price. I talked to the auction guy and he acknowledges this fact, but when I try to purchase slave it tells me I have insufficient funds. What am I missing?

Also, how do you search rooms?

Argentus67

Nov 19, 2021
I got permission from Shin to buy slave which he would subsidize 90% of price. I talked to the auction guy and he acknowledges this fact, but when I try to purchase slave it tells me I have insufficient funds. What am I missing?

You sure you have enough gold?

and you search the rooms by interacting with the characters after 12am

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022

Please confirm you have enough lari. If you do and still have this problem PM me here or on Discord and we can walk through what's going on so others won't have the same bug.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes