mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I have 1373 lari and the purchase price shows 10445.79 lari.
The purchase price is already the discounted price. Normal price of slaves is around 100k. I know this seems a bit ridiculously high right now, but later on this will be like no money to the player. The next update will also add a lot more ways to make money, and make things a bit easier on the player.

Remember you are buying a human life, that shit's not cheap.

If all the slaves are that expensive, wait a week for a new batch to come in. They should be around 5-7k after the 90% subsidy

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
EDIT: Do you remember which influence action caused the error?
I believe it was option 2 (joke). If I recall, it erroneously showed the dialog for one of the "ask" actions, and then the pop-up error was thrown. Gimme a few mins and I'll try to recreate it though!

On a separate note:
There's only one book in the library, the other one is at the Divine Touch, just talk to the bartender. And you do need tact / manipulation for that but the thresholds aren't that high I believe on hardest difficulty it's like 30? Also having high affection makes the threshold even lower.
So when I Search the library, I get a line about only finding cryptic scrolls and a message saying "no way to do this without Lost Knowledge, wait for future updates". I've got no books in my inventory nor the library's "books" tab & the mysterious bartender hasn't been giving me anything, books or linguistic knowledge. Am I missing something?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I believe it was option 2 (joke). If I recall, it erroneously showed the dialog for one of the "ask" actions, and then the pop-up error was thrown. Gimme a few mins and I'll try to recreate it though!

On a separate note:

So when I Search the library, I get a line about only finding cryptic scrolls and a message saying "no way to do this without Lost Knowledge, wait for future updates". I've got no books in my inventory nor the library's "books" tab & the mysterious bartender hasn't been giving me anything, books or linguistic knowledge. Am I missing something?
Yeah so there's no way to attain any books or do read them without "Lost Knowledge," this will be addressed in the future. As a spoiler, the bartender is pretty nihilistic and only really respects people who are intelligent, so in the future, you'll be able to get him to teach you the tongues when you have a high standing in the academy. The next update will be on the combat mechanic though, so you won't see much development in this direction.

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
SO, steps:
Bought Wilf -> Asked what he likes to do -> influenced with "tell a joke", and the reply I get is "I enjoy free time and work that isn't too tiring", and all the influence action buttons are now greyed out. (scr1) -> hit "back" and go into "influence" again, successfully tell him a joke -> "influence" buttons are still there but now unclickable -> hit "back" -> go into "influence" menu again -> popup error:
The Error Message said:
Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'owner').
Stack trace in scr2/3/4 because it won't let me select to copy/paste and I cba to transcribe haha.

From a quick couple more ingame days's play* it doesnt seem to be gamebreaking, but I'm not sure what it'll mean about my ability to influence his affection/trust/willpower.

Hope that helps chase down the bug!

*this did make me notice that "fucking a male, especially as a female character" could maybe do with expansion in terms of the sex scenes/dialog - I think someone else in this thread alluded to that too. I'm sure that's on the agenda (& likely lower priority than gameplay stuff which is understandable) though!

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
Yeah so there's no way to attain any books or do read them without "Lost Knowledge," this will be addressed in the future. As a spoiler, the bartender is pretty nihilistic and only really respects people who are intelligent, so in the future, you'll be able to get him to teach you the tongues when you have a high standing in the academy. The next update will be on the combat mechanic though, so you won't see much development in this direction.
Ah, gotcha. I take it Lost Knowledge is a not-yet-implemented questline?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Ah, gotcha. I take it Lost Knowledge is a not-yet-implemented questline?
Lost Knowledge is a title you can pick in the intro scene. I don't want to just give players knowledge of the lost tongues so easily because that would make picking the title obsolete. But, yes obtaining "Lost Knowledge" for those who didn't pick it will be a future quest line.

Last edited:

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
SO, steps:
Bought Wilf -> Asked what he likes to do -> influenced with "tell a joke", and the reply I get is "I enjoy free time and work that isn't too tiring", and all the influence action buttons are now greyed out. (scr1) -> hit "back" and go into "influence" again, successfully tell him a joke -> "influence" buttons are still there but now unclickable -> hit "back" -> go into "influence" menu again -> popup error:

Stack trace in scr2/3/4 because it won't let me select to copy/paste and I cba to transcribe haha.

From a quick couple more ingame days's play* it doesnt seem to be gamebreaking, but I'm not sure what it'll mean about my ability to influence his affection/trust/willpower.

Hope that helps chase down the bug!

*this did make me notice that "fucking a male, especially as a female character" could maybe do with expansion in terms of the sex scenes/dialog - I think someone else in this thread alluded to that too. I'm sure that's on the agenda (& likely lower priority than gameplay stuff which is understandable) though!
This was super helpful. Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate this bug. Hopefully, that means I had already fixed it by accident in my 0.0.1.8.5 codebase (not released yet). Thanks so much for your verbosity though. From the steps you provided I can actually infer what piece of the code is causing the issue, and I was happy to find out that I had already addressed it. I'll be releasing 1.8.5 in a day or two on the Discord.

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
So I have a question, is it a bug that I lose money by sending Jae and Mei to work at the brothel or the mine? If not then here is my question, why? I can forgive it if it is a bug that you should definitely work on soon but if it isn't then I'm gonna be honest that is really stupid.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
So I have a question, is it a bug that I lose money by sending Jae and Mei to work at the brothel or the mine? If not then here is my question, why? I can forgive it if it is a bug that you should definitely work on soon but if it isn't then I'm gonna be honest that is really stupid.
This is rebalanced in the next update, but losing money on certain assignments is expected if their sex values are too low. You can try increasing their sex preferences or skills by fucking them a lot or assigning them to be a sex toy.

The notion of essentially is the value you lose by changing her assignment. Shintani is not too stupid of a guy, so it's expected that he has each slave assigned to their best roles already. So without training, you shouldn't expect to gain too much.

In the next update, I balanced it so that on lower difficulties his cut is like only 10% so you can pretty much always make money. Apologies for the imbalance for now, it's really hard to make everything fair and logical especially pertaining to an economy with many moving parts.

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
This is rebalanced in the next update, but losing money on certain assignments is expected if their sex values are too low. You can try increasing their sex preferences or skills by fucking them a lot or assigning them to be a sex toy.

The notion of essentially is the value you lose by changing her assignment. Shintani is not too stupid of a guy, so it's expected that he has each slave assigned to their best roles already. So without training, you shouldn't expect to gain too much.

In the next update, I balanced it so that on lower difficulties his cut is like only 10% so you can pretty much always make money. Apologies for the imbalance for now, it's really hard to make everything fair and logical especially pertaining to an economy with many moving parts.
Yeah I figured it out after I posted that comment. I probably came off as significantly harsher than I meant to by calling it stupid. Felt pretty ridiculous at the time, not so much now. Not my favorite thing that I have to grind the same scenes to get anywhere but you don't have many options when it comes to what you can do plus I know you're trying to make the slave section really tedious for story purposes, that I understand. I'd say the only major flaw I found was the chances to skill and stat increases, I'd prefer an experience system where after I reach a certain number my skill goes up instead of a 12% chance of a skill going up. That's my personal preference though, if you prefer a chance system in your game I can't fault your choices. Otherwise I can see myself enjoying this game once you develop past the pc is a slave stage. Keep it up, I wish the best for you and your game.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Yeah I figured it out after I posted that comment. I probably came off as significantly harsher than I meant to by calling it stupid. Felt pretty ridiculous at the time, not so much now. Not my favorite thing that I have to grind the same scenes to get anywhere but you don't have many options when it comes to what you can do plus I know you're trying to make the slave section really tedious for story purposes, that I understand. I'd say the only major flaw I found was the chances to skill and stat increases, I'd prefer an experience system where after I reach a certain number my skill goes up instead of a 12% chance of a skill going up. That's my personal preference though, if you prefer a chance system in your game I can't fault your choices. Otherwise I can see myself enjoying this game once you develop past the pc is a slave stage. Keep it up, I wish the best for you and your game.
Yeah I agree the stat gains are a bit unreasonably tedious. I'll try my best to balance those as well. The game is only a bit older than a month and a half so there hasn't been too much time to tune everything. Thanks so much for giving the game a shot though!

Reactions: SoulsSurvivor

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
Yeah I agree the stat gains are a bit unreasonably tedious. I'll try my best to balance those as well. The game is only a bit older than a month and a half so there hasn't been too much time to tune everything. Thanks so much for giving the game a shot though!
You're doing great for such a new game honestly, I really do hope you can continue to develop this to completion because despite a few missteps it is great. I certainly enjoy myself with it, and would donate if I hadn't recently lost my source of income. Once I get a new job I'll definitely be around to donate some.

Reactions: mimusstudios

ParaplegicRacehorse

Jan 5, 2019
Wow. So... I don't have a large, ultra-wide-screen monitor to plug into my laptop, and I travel - a lot - which removes the practicality of buying such an otherwise useless monitor. Are there plans to fix the interface so that "the rest of us" are not excluded from playing the game?

(Also, it's just bad practice, on the web, to code a site with specific dimensions. Since this is a web-game...)

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Wow. So... I don't have a large, ultra-wide-screen monitor to plug into my laptop, and I travel - a lot - which removes the practicality of buying such an otherwise useless monitor. Are there plans to fix the interface so that "the rest of us" are not excluded from playing the game?

(Also, it's just bad practice, on the web, to code a site with specific dimensions. Since this is a web-game...)
You don't need one. I'm on a 14" laptop. Zooming out to 80% works for me. I also travel a lot so I also don't own a big monitor. If you still have trouble playing please PM me here or on Discord and we'll figure it out together.

SilverFire

Apr 28, 2017
Hi. Congrats for the game, i`m a Free Cities and Pregmod fan so i was happy to see the universe expanding and i enjoyed the ideea and playing it so far, even if it is barebones atm... i hope to see a LOT more content in the future tho, lol.

I dunno if this was reported, but i think the -weight for overweight slaves does not substract because they remain overweight... i think it took 1 or 2 -weight to go from obese to overweight, but since that, i think i saw at least 10-15 -weight but the description of the slave remains overweight, lol

Also does the "understand fetishes" on the fucktoy assignment not work? Because i couldn`t discover any fetishes for any slave no matter how much i`ve kept a slave on that assignment and i`ve also done a hundred or so loads after a endofday save with no luck...

Last edited:

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Hi. Congrats for the game, i`m a Free Cities and Pregmod fan so i was happy to see the universe expanding and i enjoyed the ideea and playing it so far, even if it is barebones atm... i hope to see a LOT more content in the future tho, lol.

I dunno if this was reported, but i think the -weight for overweight slaves does not substract because they remain overweight... i think it took 1 or 2 -weight to go from obese to overweight, but since that, i think i saw at least 10-15 -weight but the description of the slave remains overweight, lol
Ah, this is because you were probably on the cusp of obesity. Each category lasts for like 20 or so weight. Remember the initial subphase 1 of the game is simulated in days not weeks like the original FC, so character changes take longer. Later on, we'll allow the player to fast forward in weeks rather than days.

Also thank you so much for checking out the game, it's only around 2 months old right now so not too much. If you have suggestions for the game you can leave them here or message in the Discord (so I can add them to the list and track it).

Reactions: SilverFire

SilverFire

Apr 28, 2017
Wow, fast answer, nice! I`ve edited my first post with another question without noticing you answered already, if you would be so kind to clarify that as well...

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes