mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
There were a couple of bugs that were game breaking. I've uploaded the link to the hotfix version:
- Quest "Knowledge is Power" no longer gets reset on sleep
- Influence actions now show player dialogue
- Now you are unable to access the menus mid-dialogue
- Fixed issue with being unable to obtain the documents from Shintani's room

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
As someone who hasn't ever heard from Free Cities, should I just give it a go anyways? It looks deceptively similar to Masters of Raana.
... ok, just looked it up. Yeh, I guess it's basically irrelevant.
So the name is just to notify those who like the basic scenario?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
As someone who hasn't ever heard from Free Cities, should I just give it a go anyways? It looks deceptively similar to Masters of Raana.
... ok, just looked it up. Yeh, I guess it's basically irrelevant.
So the name is just to notify those who like the basic scenario?
If you aren't a fan of management games, the later phases of the game won't be too enjoyable. The initial parts of it are RPG-centric though, but it's mainly just a prelude. This game is a prequel to the Free Cities. The naming exists because the direction of the game in the future is to replicate the free cities game. The slaving engine is completely inspired by Free Cities. Also please read my developer note regarding MoR

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
so what you do in this game? stare at stats?
Are you bychance in a place with slow internet? Sometimes the screenshots get cut off. The game is an openworld sandbox. There isn't too much content right now because it's a month old, but there's at least 2-4 hours of gameplay depending how in depth you want to read / get with the lore and worldbuilding.

The sexual content right now involves molesting slaves at night (fully rendered for Himari); Consentual and rape of slaves owned by Shintani; Some optional fendom and player domination to progress some quests; prostitution of the player (optional) and other slaves (also optional), and a sex scene in the brothel.

MWalkah

Dec 30, 2019
Anyone else getting an error when trying to download the latest bug fix version that has a single GDrive link?

I manage to get to the download screen for the FCO V0.0.1.7.1.zip file with no issues, but when I click download anyway I get a 403 no authorization to view the page error ("Access to doc-04-98-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied").

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Anyone else getting an error when trying to download the latest bug fix version that has a single GDrive link?

I manage to get to the download screen for the FCO V0.0.1.7.1.zip file with no issues, but when I click download anyway I get a 403 no authorization to view the page error ("Access to doc-04-98-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied").
I'm unable to replicate this issue and many have been able to download without problems. First try downloading on our with an incognito tab. If that doesn't work try following this . If you still have problems please DM me on Discord, or PM me here.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
so no codes?
The password is able to be cracked and is an open challenge to everyone. Please see the channel "password-cracking" in the Discord for more information. You can also look back a couple of pages I believe someone asked me how to bypass subphase 1 and I gave them the code for that. Or you can self-analyze the code yourself!

Reactions: Cloud_X

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
Are you bychance in a place with slow internet? Sometimes the screenshots get cut off. The game is an openworld sandbox. There isn't too much content right now because it's a month old, but there's at least 2-4 hours of gameplay depending how in depth you want to read / get with the lore and worldbuilding.

The sexual content right now involves molesting slaves at night (fully rendered for Himari); Consentual and rape of slaves owned by Shintani; Some optional fendom and player domination to progress some quests; prostitution of the player (optional) and other slaves (also optional), and a sex scene in the brothel.
ty for clarifying! so how do those scenes look like? or are they text-based?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
ty for clarifying! so how do those scenes look like? or are they text-based?
Mostly text-based, but there are many fully rendered scenes. I plan to have most scenes rendered in the future but most of my patreons want me to focus on the story line and mechanics haha. Here's some samples of just a couple of renders.

audrey_fs.png emily_foot_cum.png himari_sleeping_awake_face.png

Reactions: heretic1

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Wouldn't it be better to resize the UI to fit the browser window instead of telling players to zoom out to 80%?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Wouldn't it be better to resize the UI to fit the browser window instead of telling players to zoom out to 80%?
Absolutely, that's something I don't have the time to fix right now, as it would mean refactoring everything. I am hiring people to help with that though if you are interesting ;). Also it's less about making everything smaller, and more about fitting every screen size. I'm trying to hire someone to adapt the game to mobile and all screens with percentage / flex styles

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Absolutely, that's something I don't have the time to fix right now, as it would mean refactoring everything. I am hiring people to help with that though if you are interesting ;). Also it's less about making everything smaller, and more about fitting every screen size. I'm trying to hire someone to adapt the game to mobile and all screens with percentage / flex styles
I'm playing on a 1080p monitor and then all I have to do is make the browser max size, or at least bigger, no need to zoom out. Maybe make a suggestion about that also. It's how I have designed my game -- to be played with a maximized window for the best look on 1080p. But for smaller windows, the main area will automatically resize to fit.

Anyway, aside from using relative values like percentage, you could also think about using rem instead of px and em. Then all or part of the entire UI can be resized just by changing the html rem value. That's how I do it to make my game fit well on mobile without the players having to do more than pressing a button to use a lower rem setting (and some other small adjustments). It should work to make it automatic if I detect a small screen, but for now players have to do it manually.

Reactions: mimusstudios

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I've equipped the Namm Insignia in front of Emily but she does nothing.
Yeah I just noticed this bug. So sorry about that, it'll be fixed in the next update along with probably the completion of the quest. Please join our discord to keep up to date with progress. Thanks for giving our game a shot!

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
Did the update break saves? I can't go to town and the libary now. I see No Acces boxes now that can't be selected for them now. Manipulation is also not selectable too. I tried a few saves.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes