Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
ooh, nosing around the new update and getting the following error at the brothel: "bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause, cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'brothel_work' in undefined". It shows up below the third button in the brothel (which is itself replaced with a red error box), and also as a pop up if I ask Ronda about working there. For the sake of jumping to new content with decent money and status I am using a save which has been ported across new updates a few times, probably originally created in 1.4-ish, which might be the cause to be fair...
Loving the ability to check opening times as another QoL update though!

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
ooh, nosing around the new update and getting the following error at the brothel: "bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause, cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'brothel_work' in undefined". It shows up below the third button in the brothel (which is itself replaced with a red error box), and also as a pop up if I ask Ronda about working there. For the sake of jumping to new content with decent money and status I am using a save which has been ported across new updates a few times, probably originally created in 1.4-ish, which might be the cause to be fair...
Loving the ability to check opening times as another QoL update though!
Ah yeah this is due to the update. The Minus update tool I wrote automatically will loop through all variables and declare them if they dont exist, but they dont recursively search through object substructure.

I can either (1) directly add in code to support updating from pre 1.6 or I can (2) add in substructure checking

The former I’m wary about because it’s a slippery slope of lots and lots of code for updates, the latter would make load times very long between versions. Though if you are updating versions perhaps you can take some longer load times? Regardless I’ll fix this issue next update.

coolermaster123

Jan 4, 2019
For anyone that is interested on the original, the pregmode group continued the development ... just google* Github freecities Pregmod.

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Does this have randomly generated slaves? If this is made by the original dude who made Freecities, I'm all for it!

Furrin Gok

Apr 21, 2022
The code for randomly generated slaves is already implemented, but they havent been put in yet. I wanted to finish the story aspect a bit more first.
Gotta implement earned/stolen freedom before you can get slaves of your own after all. Even as a high slave, it still wouldn't make sense to have your own slaves--unless Shintani continues to get a cut from brothel work and their initial purchase (raising slave buying costs so that you can have slaves to cover various functions--but in turn remove "opportunity costs")

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Gotta implement earned/stolen freedom before you can get slaves of your own after all. Even as a high slave, it still wouldn't make sense to have your own slaves--unless Shintani continues to get a cut from brothel work and their initial purchase (raising slave buying costs so that you can have slaves to cover various functions--but in turn remove "opportunity costs")
It can still work regardless, its more about procedurally generated characters to populate the world and interact with, the biggest joys in FreeCities for me were the unscripted interactions, getting that in this game in any capacity will bring it closer to one of the best things about the original.

Last edited:
Reactions: PsyTurtle

Furrin Gok

Apr 21, 2022
It can still work regardless, its more about procedurally generated characters to populate the world and interact with, the biggest joys in FreeCities for me were the unscripted interactions, getting that in this game in any capacity will bring it closer to one of the best things about the original.
Oh, never played the original one so I didn't know that was a thing.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
If I played as a female protagonist, is there much straight content? It seems like the big goal most people are shooting for is getting strong enough to molest other slaves, are they all female? Or can you be the one who gets molested (by men) instead?

• Red Heart
Reactions: bro111

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Oh, never played the original one so I didn't know that was a thing.
its a rabbit hole worth traveling down for pervs, I downloaded and deleted the game several times before it clicked (thanks to mods and the built in cheat menu) and its still one of my all time favorites on this site.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
If I played as a female protagonist, is there much straight content? It seems like the big goal most people are shooting for is getting strong enough to molest other slaves, are they all female? Or can you be the one who gets molested (by men) instead?
Right now I’m mainly working on the dom-content which is mainly male-oriented. The sub-routes are 100% in plan and a large part of the being a slave idea. I’ve already adapted most sex scened to both genders though. You can search Himari’s room at night and equip the strapon for that. Also in the next update I’m working on you’ll be able to get your own male slave if you’d like. You can follow on that progress in the Discord

codefost

Jul 23, 2021
If this game is alive then answer me.
Well overall, experience play from free city compare to this...
It feel more open world and deeper than last one but it give different Field play as well as strategy. Good game honesty.
Hope more open world than stick with Japanese all time.
Thing to add might be appearance creation or something like free city had done before.
Lastly, faction should have it own settlement to explore for anything that might expand, Leader, member, slave, reputation or relationship with merchant as well.
Review for now 8.5 / 10

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
If this game is alive then answer me.
Well overall, experience play from free city compare to this...
It feel more open world and deeper than last one but it give different Field play as well as strategy. Good game honesty.
Hope more open world than stick with Japanese all time.
Thing to add might be appearance creation or something like free city had done before.
Lastly, faction should have it own settlement to explore for anything that might expand, Leader, member, slave, reputation or relationship with merchant as well.
Review for now 8.5 / 10
The game is very new, everything you mentioned is in the works. Please join the to keep up to date. A new update will be released in a day or two.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes