AntonZap

Aug 6, 2016
I'm also experiencing the bug where time jumps backwards several months when I leave the house. I've attached the save, it's made on the latest version posted here, and I haven't made much progress in the game.
Disclaimer, I did edit the variables for the player character, but I can't see why that would affect the game in such a way.
If it helps, I'm using the Brave browser (The bug is also present on Firefox), and I'm running Windows 11 with the locale settings set to Japanese.

subwien

Jan 16, 2022
I tryed this game two times now (first with the former version of it and the secont time with the actual version) and in both cases the game got to a point where i couldnt go forward in dialog and also coudnt save (so i cant even provide a save here for that). So i got stuck and had to quit the game. Strangely i still could click on the other icons, next to the savebutton and they worked.
It was both very early on in game (where i still needed to finish the first "Obedient" Quest, but in different situations/dialoges.

I am use Firefox, just in case it matters.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I tryed this game two times now (first with the former version of it and the secont time with the actual version) and in both cases the game got to a point where i couldnt go forward in dialog and also coudnt save (so i cant even provide a save here for that). So i got stuck and had to quit the game. Strangely i still could click on the other icons, next to the savebutton and they worked.
It was both very early on in game (where i still needed to finish the first "Obedient" Quest, but in different situations/dialoges.

I am use Firefox, just in case it matters.
Hi, can you tell me what you were doing before this happened? Also what error popped up?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I'm also experiencing the bug where time jumps backwards several months when I leave the house. I've attached the save, it's made on the latest version posted here, and I haven't made much progress in the game.
Disclaimer, I did edit the variables for the player character, but I can't see why that would affect the game in such a way.
If it helps, I'm using the Brave browser (The bug is also present on Firefox), and I'm running Windows 11 with the locale settings set to Japanese.
It's because your dexterity is so high the amount of travel time becomes negative. This value shouldn't exceed 200. This is not a bug, it's a result of invalid gameplay. I've added in a safeguard so this won't happen in the future for the next version.

Note: I'm very happy and glad you provided your save, there would be almost no way for me to catch such a bug otherwise as most players don't change values like that.

Reactions: AntonZap

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
It's because your dexterity is so high the amount of travel time becomes negative. This value shouldn't exceed 200. This is not a bug, it's a result of invalid gameplay. I've added in a safeguard so this won't happen in the future for the next version.

Note: I'm very happy and glad you provided your save, there would be almost no way for me to catch such a bug otherwise as most players don't change values like that.
Game designers and ultimately developers are supposed to know the rules and implement them. If it shouldn't exceed 200 then sanitize it on access. Probably altered their gameplay, sure, but bits can flip. Bugs also happen. Best to handle as much as you reasonably can. ;)

subwien

Jan 16, 2022
Hi, can you tell me what you were doing before this happened? Also what error popped up?
There was no error popping up. When i clicked on the choices of the dialogs i had (1time with the master and the 2. with one of the slaves) i hear the clicking sound of it, but nothing happens. Therefore i couldnt move forward playing it. The same goes for the savebutton (clicking sound but nothing happens) The other buttons next to the savebutton i could use normal.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
There was no error popping up. When i clicked on the choices of the dialogs i had (1time with the master and the 2. with one of the slaves) i hear the clicking sound of it, but nothing happens. Therefore i couldnt move forward playing it. The same goes for the savebutton (clicking sound but nothing happens) The other buttons next to the savebutton i could use normal.
Please tell me exactly what choice etc. Because others have not reported such a problem it's important you be highly specific so I can try to recreate the bug on my side. Thanks!

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021

Really not your fault when people cheat and fuck their game up tbh.
I wouldn't call this a bug, i'd call this a punishment for being a weak cheating bitch. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: Dargondo

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Really not your fault when people cheat and fuck their game up tbh.
I wouldn't call this a bug, i'd call this a punishment for being a weak cheating bitch. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Sanitizing logic helps prevent bugs regardless. Haven't developed much, have you? (Going by your facepalm to some dev-101 advice.) I've got two decades in it.

• Angry
Reactions: Dargondo

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Heiling's good. Faun (Midgard), Nightwish. Didn't see them.
Maybe i should add them, then. After i check them out of course, they have to sound good to my ears after all.
Music i collect in my profile is pretty much my hobby, so it's not like i am sifting through youtube 24/7. :giggle::coffee:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
could put functions in end turn processing to fix values to their proper max.
That's essentially data-validation, although that's logic-based and far less likely to work because multiple operations could easily overflow any number-based data-type. Best done on getters/setters, *then* implement your *logical* limits as appropriate to gameplay.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes