joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
Speaking of the repopulation FS why is gender fundamentalism an exact copy save for not liking futa? Both focus on slave fertility and pregnancy for their approval almost entirely. Would make more sense for fundamentalism to focus on feminine traits instead of entirely on pregnancy. So things like beauty, non androgynous/masculine faces, hip/shoulder ratio, etc. I'd understand if it gave a malus for barren slaves, but contraceptives use seems weird. Especially considering its mutually exclusive fs is focused more on changing adding masculine traits or surgically altering them.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
Gender Fundamentalist is woefully underdeveloped, but it's not a copy of Repopulationism. It doesn't particularly care about contraceptives, for instance, despite what you've written, and infertile slaves don't have a malus, they just don't qualify for the "could be a mother" bonus. Also, if you enact Eugenics, it actually does switch over from granting motherhood bonuses to granting figure bonuses, which is really bizarre behavior in my book.

Gender Fundamentalist and Gender Radicalist are both due for a big rework in Pregmod 5.0, which is one of the reasons nobody's making any improvements to them now. Post-rework, Fundamentalism will be more about men being men and women being women, and Radicalism will be focused on unconventional/blended gender roles instead of strictly feminization.

Reactions: JungleNuts

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
It doesn't particularly care about contraceptives, for instance, despite what you've written, and infertile slaves don't have a malus
Huh thats weird, I could've sworn I had a huge malus to it at one point due to contras. Abandoned an FS to check and yeah its just showing only pregnant/fertile slaves now. Although gender radicalism disappeared from the list of options completely which is odd.(Maybe a bug in the 12/23 build?) Glad to hear its being reworked, cause yeah all it cares about atm is pregnancies which isn't particularly distinct from repopulationism.

bluecoffee

Apr 5, 2021
Hi all, I've been trying out some AI Models and using the anime/hentai in-game prompts.
I've uploaded the images on my civitai account,
I'll try the other prompt and then try custom prompts too.

puffy - Anime - Beatrice (No. 525) - Slave gown.png user/Bluecoffee93/posts mixtapeBlues - Anime - Beatrice (No. 525) - Slave gown.png identitycrisis - Anime - Beatrice (No. 525) - Slave gown.png 3moonNIRealFp16 - Anime - Beatrice (No. 525) - Slave gown.png occidentalmix - Anime - Beatrice (No. 525) - Slave gown.png

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
I really wish the game used the pixelart thats on frontpage. Find it innately hot

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Wrong, I include the Biometrics neclaces in with 'being dressed for the part' (along with maternity attire). Their effect is not enough to prevent a hard crash of the FS, the positive just isn't big enough.
I got repopulation as my second FS, as in when it was weaker as each one diminishes how effective a new one is, and I have never had it fail before. I hate to say this as it's not really much of an argument, but this sounds like a skill issue.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
sounds like a skill issue.
I second that. Granted its a difficult FS to maintain, so need to carefully understand it before going for it.
Firstly understand what the FS means; repopulation. By any means.
So for slaveonwners this means all slaves need to be able to get and look pregnant.

Female slaves are already built to get pregnant unless barren or menopausal or sterile, and theres 2 types of sterile. All are easily fixed with a fully upgraded remote surgery and the organ fab and possibly the pharma fab.
For the male slaves, just add ovaries to them or anal wombs.
That should sort out the ability to get pregnant. Passing the associated policies should also contribute.

Look pregnant;
Obedient devoted Slaves that are allowed to pick clothing will pick fake belly to wear. Or you can just set a rule to mandate it. Biometric collars contribute to look.

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
I second that. Granted its a difficult FS to maintain, so need to carefully understand it before going for it.
Firstly understand what the FS means; repopulation. By any means.
So for slaveonwners this means all slaves need to be able to get and look pregnant.

Female slaves are already built to get pregnant unless barren or menopausal or sterile, and theres 2 types of sterile. All are easily fixed with a fully upgraded remote surgery and the organ fab and possibly the pharma fab.
For the male slaves, just add ovaries to them or anal wombs.
That should sort out the ability to get pregnant. Passing the associated policies should also contribute.

Look pregnant;
Obedient devoted Slaves that are allowed to pick clothing will pick fake belly to wear. Or you can just set a rule to mandate it. Biometric collars contribute to look.
Which, if you had bothered to read my other comments, is the exact problem.

You have to pursue each one at 100% maximum at every single moment, or it will collapse, and you don't get even one week of grace period before it will cave in. That's not skill, that's inflexibility and fragility. Especially with something inherintly cyclical like pregnancy.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
for those with AMD GPUs who cannot get stable diffusion to run cause of some bs tensor core error, this worked for me:

then you just have to do the usual to get pregmod to run with stable diffusion (they have a manual ingame that you can follow step by step).

edit: stable diffusion runs, but pregmod refuses to work with it. still figuring this shit out. what a pain...

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
I would like to summarize the pros and cons of the different ways to have images in Free Cities (pregmod). I have created the following table:

Vector art or image packsInteractive WebGLAI (Stable Diffusion)
Compatibility (device and OS)Works on all platformsWorks on most PCs (Windows, Mac, Linux) and some Android devicesWorks on PCs with a recent enough GPU (Windows, Mac, Linux). Unlikely to work on Android devices.
Compatibility (browser)FCHost, Firefox and derivatives. Chrome and Chromium-based browsers are very likely to run out of memoryFCHost, Firefox and derivatives. Chrome and Chromium-based browsers are very likely to run out of memoryFCHost, Firefox and derivatives. Chrome and Chromium-based browsers are very likely to run out of memory
Ease of use / setupEasy (built-in, with optional image packs to download)Easy (WebGL assets pack needs to be downloaded)Medium to hard
Freshness / MaintenanceOutdated, not maintained anymoreActively maintained, although the last update was in early 2023Actively maintained
Image qualityLowHighHigh, optionally very high
InteractivityNone: static imagesInteractive images with different poses, can be rotated in 3D and zoomed in/outNone: static images
AnimationsNoneIdle animations for the characters (optional)None
Image delaysInstant display and real-time updates: changes in clothing, physical traits or attitude are reflected immediatelyInstant display and real-time updates: changes in clothing, physical traits or attitude are reflected immediatelyImage generation typically takes 20-25 seconds per image, but can go from a few seconds to more than a minute depending on your GPU and image generation settings. Cached images are displayed immediately.
Image availabilityAlways availableAlways availableCached images may be lost and have to be regenerated if the browser was running in incognito/private mode
Accuracy: physical traitsOnly a few archetypes are available. Physical traits added since 2018/2019 are ignored (piercings, tattoos, some hair styles, etc.). Changing one physical trait only changes the appropriate parts of the character. Sibling and descendants look alike and can be recognized easily.Most physical traits are accurately represented. Changing one physical trait only changes the appropriate parts of the character. Sibling and descendants look alike and can be recognized easily.Most physical traits are approximated. Changing one physical trait (e.g., hair color or breast size) usually changes many unrelated traits, as well as changes in clothing and attitude. Siblings and descendants may look different from each other and may be hard to recognize.
Accuracy: clothingOnly a few outfits and accessories are available. Outfits added since 2018/2019 are ignored, and even some older ones are missing, resulting in characters appearing naked when they should be fully clothed. Many accessories are ignored. The outfits that are available are displayed consistently and are easy to recognize.Most outfits are available, but only a few accessories (shoes, collars) are displayed correctly. A few outfits are missing, resulting in characters appearing naked when they should be fully clothed. The outfits that are available are displayed consistently and are easy to recognize.Most outfits and accessories are available. However, they are approximated and are usually never displayed consistently: the same outfit or accessories can look very different on two characters or on the same character over time. Changes in clothing causes unrelated changes in the physical traits or attitude of the character.
Accuracy: attitude/poseDevotion and trust are displayed consistently and are very easy to recognize, although some image packs do not support all poses.Devotion and trust are displayed consistently and are relatively easy to recognize.Devotion and trust are approximated and sometimes hard to recognize. Changes in attitude causes unrelated changes in the clothing or physical traits of the character.
PA avatar artAvailableNone / brokenNone / broken
Styles / customizationNone (besides selecting an image pack or creating own images)NonePhotorealistic, anime/hentai, or custom giving total freedom

Is anything wrong in the table? Am I missing any important criteria? Your feedback is welcome...

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
I actually really like the original vector paperdoll system that can accurately reflect the changes we made, it really works well with the core mechanics of the game, it's just too bad it got discontinued and there's a lot of missing assets..

Reactions: IllumiNaughty

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
Hey, anyone who's using AI gen for images in FC, can you give me a general sense of how much a PITA it was to setup? I've (briefly) looked over the provided instructions and the one thing that lept out at me was 'install and setup this, now install and setup that, now install and setup this other....'.

Jan 18, 2021
I actually really like the original vector paperdoll system that can accurately reflect the changes we made, it really works well with the core mechanics of the game, it's just too bad it got discontinued and there's a lot of missing assets..
That's one of the main reasons I prefer the WebGL portraits: they really work well to reflect the changes to the slaves: if I change their clothes, hair color, hair style, or makeup, then this is reflected instantly. This is not just for cosmetic changes: changes in trust or devotion are also reflected instantly, as well as physical changes such as changes in height, musculature, breast size, etc. As the WebGL assets have been updated more recently than the vector art, the WebGL portraits are usually better at showing some clothes and hair styles that were not available some years ago. Also, WebGL correctly displays pubic hair or nail color, which are missing from the vector art.

WebGL is not perfect, though: for example, the testicles are usually shown as ten times larger than they should be, a medium penis can rival with a horse's, the pregnancy collar exists but most other collars are missing, the heavy nipple piercings exist but most other piercings are missing, etc.

That being said, the photorealistic option for the AI art can generate some great results. Three days ago, the user LimpRutabaga posted some nice examples in /r/freecitiesgame: Although the second and especially the third image show the usual weird mix of photorealistic/rendered/painted styles that is so common in AI-generated art, the results are impressive anyway.

If it was possible for the AI to accurately and consistently reflect the changes in physical traits, clothing or attitude without modifying any other characteristics, then it would be perfect. Unfortunately, the current AI solution is frustrating because the facial features of a slave change if you pick different clothes, and twins (or any other slaves from the same family) usually look very different from each other. The AI results may look very nice, but they are not accurately reflecting what matters in the game.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
If it was possible for the AI to accurately and consistently reflect the changes in physical traits, clothing or attitude without modifying any other characteristics, then it would be perfect. Unfortunately, the current AI solution is frustrating because the facial features of a slave change if you pick different clothes, and twins (or any other slaves from the same family) usually look very different from each other. The AI results may look very nice, but they are not accurately reflecting what matters in the game.
Make sure you're using a convergent, deterministic sampler (i.e. don't use one with "a" or "SDE" in the name). Twins and clones carry identical art seeds, just like with WebGL, so as long as you don't diverge their prompts/poses too much, don't reseed, and use a deterministic sampler, they'll look pretty similar. Same thing is true for attitude changes and most clothing changes.

1704482929150.png
1704482945388.png
1704482967651.png

Neither WebGL nor AI art can do anything special with related slaves that aren't twins or clones; if you notice similarities in WebGL it's just because they have similar physical parameters and WebGL doesn't have that much variation even between unrelated slaves of the same ethnicity.

• Red Heart
Reactions: godders3000

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
Is anything wrong in the table? Am I missing any important criteria? Your feedback is welcome...
I have minor personal nitpicks but generally it is quite good.
Vector art is technically community maintained but you are correct that it hasn't seen notable love in years and badly needs it.

I think I have 'the average computer' but will have to revisit my views when I get my new one built. In general I rank WebGL lower than you do in almost every field as I find it exceedingly heavy compared to AI just being slow. AI I had to run overnight but I can have images for all my slaves that look passable while WebGL I either have to turn the per slave options way down to the point it looks like garbage or disable all settings for mass image display.

I have a number of nitpicks related to AI as it is technically two distinct parts that communicate over the network/internet but 99% of players aren't going to split the parts so no point wrecking the nice table.

Jan 18, 2021
Make sure you're using a convergent, deterministic sampler (i.e. don't use one with "a" or "SDE" in the name). Twins and clones carry identical art seeds, just like with WebGL, so as long as you don't diverge their prompts/poses too much, don't reseed, and use a deterministic sampler, they'll look pretty similar. Same thing is true for attitude changes and most clothing changes.
This is unfortunately not sufficient, because I let my obedient slaves choose their own clothing. In combination with minor variations in height, breast size, obedience and trust, this is usually sufficient to cause twins and clones to look significantly different with AI, while they still look like twins with WebGL or vector art.

Neither WebGL nor AI art can do anything special with related slaves that aren't twins or clones; if you notice similarities in WebGL it's just because they have similar physical parameters and WebGL doesn't have that much variation even between unrelated slaves of the same ethnicity.
I agree, but in this case I consider the lack of variation in WebGL or vector art to be a feature, not a bug. ;) This allows me to easily recognize slaves that are part of the same family (siblings or parents/children), usually because they share the same skin tone, hair color, and main facial features. WebGL and vector art only support a limited number of combinations of those, but this is a good thing because it makes it easier to recognize the slaves and the similarities between related slaves.

Here is an example of a (futanari) mother with three different sets of clothes. You can see immediately that these are all pictures of the same character:
FC-WebGL-HG-Hilda-apron.png FC-WebGL-HG-Hilda-suit.png FC-WebGL-HG-Hilda-conservative.png
And here are three of her daughters. They share the same skin tone and hair color. Although they have very different haircuts and clothes, you can see that they share some facial features with their mother, so it is easy to recognize them as being part of the same family:
FC-WebGL-BG-Bodil-schutzstaffel.png FC-WebGL-Nurse-Nova-Nurse.png FC-WebGL-Teacher-Tove-schoolgirl.png
On the other hand, if I pick another slave that is not related to them but that also has a fair skin tone, and if I dress that slave in the same schoolgirl outfit and the same haircut, then the faces (and body proportions, etc.) are still sufficiently different that it is easy to guess that they are not related:
FC-WebGL-unrelated-schoolgirl.png
With AI, these similarities and differences are drowned in the noise because there is just too much variability. AI-generated images can look incredibly good but the excessive variability in physical traits and attitudes is working against the playability aspect. I love the photorealistic portraits that can be generated with Stable Diffusion, but I still prefer WebGL for the playability because it is easier for me to recognize the slaves.

I think I have 'the average computer' but will have to revisit my views when I get my new one built. In general I rank WebGL lower than you do in almost every field as I find it exceedingly heavy compared to AI just being slow. AI I had to run overnight but I can have images for all my slaves that look passable while WebGL I either have to turn the per slave options way down to the point it looks like garbage or disable all settings for mass image display.
I am probably lucky, but WebGL is just working fine for me on my laptop. The CPU is an Intel Core i5-1145G7, which is about three years old. The graphics are handled by the built-in Intel Irix Xe Graphics (no Nvidia nor AMD GPU). I can easily scroll through a list of more than a hundred slaves rendered with WebGL and it works fine. Here is a cropped screenshot from one of my current games (an arcology populated with pairs of twins in incestuous relationships) that has 135 slaves, most of them in the penthouse:
FC-WebGL-Twins-slave-list.png
On the other hand, the AI image generation with Stable Diffusion does not seem to benefit from any significant acceleration on my laptop, so it is unfortunately very slow.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes