SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
After 8 updates in three months over on the GitHub Which Must Not Be Named or Linked, I got a little spoiled and assumed we'd see another update in April. Guess we'll all wait for the hive mind to kick back in. From the tags, there hasn't been any activity for a month now.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
After 8 updates in three months over on the GitHub Which Must Not Be Named or Linked, I got a little spoiled and assumed we'd see another update in April. Guess we'll all wait for the hive mind to kick back in. From the tags, there hasn't been any activity for a month now.
There've been more than 250 merges in the last month, which is a long, long way from "no activity." Next build is likely going to be 4.0, not 3.9.7, and major releases take a bit longer.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
There've been more than 250 merges in the last month, which is a long, long way from "no activity." Next build is likely going to be 4.0, not 3.9.7, and major releases take a bit longer.
PM Updates1.jpg
PM Updates2.jpg
As I said, "From the tags". I'm using the metric the GitHub system uses to measure progress milestones. If the contributors are working behind the scenes, that's great.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
As I said, "From the tags". I'm using the metric the GitHub system uses to measure progress milestones. If the contributors are working behind the scenes, that's great.
Pregmod doesn't use the Milestone system at all, and we use Tags only because that's the easiest way to trigger the autorelease system (and even that only started a couple months ago). The best indicator of actual activity is probably the commit graph, from which you can see that there's substantially more activity recently than in the last few months:
1620705206345.png

If you play prebuilt releases it's been a bit quiet, but that's just because there's a bigger one than normal cooking right now.

Next you're going to tell me that you actually believe the Changelog too, lol (protip: new mechanics, content, and sometimes even entire systems get released without ever seeing a Changelog entry...updating is like Christmas, you never know what you're gonna get unless you've been watching the elves really carefully).

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Is it better to use the pre built build on the MEGA link or play the game from Github?
Most definitely the GitHub. It is far advanced over the 10.7.1 vanilla game. It's added a lot of content, so just be sure to apply your preferred settings to avoid content you don't want.

Reactions: Archaon11111

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Trying to run pregmod and keep getting this error, anyone know how to fix it? I'm using the already compiled version

ERROR.png

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
What kind of mind control is in the game?
Two kinds: The slow, patient kind where you induce Stockholm syndrome in your wards through a meticulous system of rewards and punishments, and the quick and direct kind where you surgically replace a brain with a more compliant brain, literally controlling minds.

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
Two kinds: The slow, patient kind where you induce Stockholm syndrome in your wards through a meticulous system of rewards and punishments, and the quick and direct kind where you surgically replace a brain with a more compliant brain, literally controlling minds.
I was expecting hypnosis and maybe drugs not psychological trauma and lobotomies.

Ok fine I'll try it jeez.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
Pregmod does have tank training for your offspring, which is a kind of sci-fi brainwashing with a couple options. It's definitely not a big focus though, and can't affect slaves you acquire as adults.

Reactions: SenPC

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Pregmod does have tank training for your offspring, which is a kind of sci-fi brainwashing with a couple options. It's definitely not a big focus though, and can't affect slaves you acquire as adults.
And it's not foolproof. I've lost quite a few near-perfect tank babies because when they came out, they hated me. I don't know why, they owe their whole wonderful life of public sexual slavery to me. They should be thanking me. Thanking me by getting out there and whoring for the arcology's economy.

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
Where do I find pregmod?

Nevermind I think I found it. I don't want it though given the content.

Last edited:

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Where do I find pregmod?

Nevermind I think I found it. I don't want it though given the content.
You can set which content you want to experience and which content you want to miss in the settings. That's the most stable, functional version of the game and you're missing out if you don't try it, in my opinion.

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
And it's not foolproof. I've lost quite a few near-perfect tank babies because when they came out, they hated me. I don't know why, they owe their whole wonderful life of public sexual slavery to me. They should be thanking me. Thanking me by getting out there and whoring for the arcology's economy.
It could be because their parents hate you. Or because of your FS.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
It's almost always because of their mothers hating me. My future societies are pretty paternalistic.

4.40 star(s) 23 Votes