After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Yes, I once researched the topic in detail. Because this always leads to arguments. Actually Jeff Steel, one of MrDots development team, helped me a lot with it. Because I didn't understand requirement 3 either, in the past. Originally I even registered in this forum to settle this dispute. I've since given up on that.

In this forum, NTR is generally explained incorrectly, as I have since found out. Here it is already considered an NTR if a LI has sex with someone other than the MC. I have no idea who wrote this nonsense. But unfortunately many things are strange in this forum.

I strongly assume that facepalms and teachings will be hailing here again. But I'm used to that. That has not bothered me for a long time. Anyone who really researches it on his/her won in detail will quickly notice that I am very well right.

---

I prefer to use the true definition of the NTR, which is Netori and Netorare. The letters NTR come from these words, they are no coincidence. But i have given up explaining this to the forum. People simple don't want to know

Netorare: The partner is being stolen away from someone in a steady relationship. (being the victim of NTR)
Netori: Someone him/herself steals the partner from someone in steady realtionship (being the culpit of NTR)

In essence, both things are the same. They differed only in the victim-perpetrator perspective. The MC does not necessarily have to be the culpit or victim. The gender also plays no role. It can be anyone in the game , provided that the prerequisites are met.

In order for NTR to really be NTR, 3 prerequisites must be met:

1. there must be a relationship. Relationship is enough, it doesn't necessarily have to be a marriage. On the other hand, LI alone is not enough

2. cheating has to take place. At least one of the partners must have sex with someone else without the partner's consent. If the partner agrees, it is sharing, not cheating

3. the cheater needs to be "taken away" from the raltionship

The third point is the most difficult. And also the most misunderstood: what does "being taken away" mean?

That means a lot. It can be the actual breakup of the relationship. Or else, the relationship is still going, but there is no more sex because the cheater takes refuge in the arms of the lover. In any case, the fraud must have a negative effect on the actual relationship.

Now to your question:
If a woman who actually belongs to her parents and is only allowed to have sex with their consent, but then lets herself be seduced and finds herself in the arms of someone else, I would actually be called "being taken away". And so all the requirements are met: that is actually NTR.
Thank you so much. You clarify things so well. So, I guess I'll have to put that tag in the 2nd next update.

As I have discussed with Alley_Cat , there is a cancelled event in the past that takes a good part of the free pass actually. I've decided to put it back. That event can be called " Runaway bride" or something. Yes title is a spoiler I am sorry. The bride parents are traditional ones. Father, Hindu, and mother, Buddhist. Generally speaking, those three steps includes permission from guardian, parent, and finally herself. Without those 3 steps, the girl has still owned by her parents due to mother's religion. It is sinful thing to have a sexual things with other without fulfilling those things. So, if a bride runs away, the both side of the parents will be harassed by the soecity. Parent is having karma. I will leave those kind of discussion here.

So, there is NTR-ed on both side, I guess.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021
  • Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
[Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
Yes, I once researched the topic in detail. Because this always leads to arguments. Actually Jeff Steel, one of MrDots development team, helped me a lot with it. Because I didn't understand requirement 3 either, in the past. Originally I even registered in this forum to settle this dispute. I've since given up on that.

In this forum, NTR is generally explained incorrectly, as I have since found out. Here it is already considered an NTR if a LI has sex with someone other than the MC. I have no idea who wrote this nonsense. But unfortunately many things are strange in this forum.

I strongly assume that facepalms and teachings will be hailing here again. But I'm used to that. That has not bothered me for a long time. Anyone who really researches it on his/her won in detail will quickly notice that I am very well right.

---

I prefer to use the true definition of the NTR, which is Netori and Netorare. The letters NTR come from these words, they are no coincidence. But i have given up explaining this to the forum. People simple don't want to know

Netorare: The partner is being stolen away from someone in a steady relationship. (being the victim of NTR)
Netori: Someone him/herself steals the partner from someone in steady realtionship (being the culpit of NTR)

In essence, both things are the same. They differed only in the victim-perpetrator perspective. The MC does not necessarily have to be the culpit or victim. The gender also plays no role. It can be anyone in the game , provided that the prerequisites are met.

In order for NTR to really be NTR, 3 prerequisites must be met:

1. there must be a relationship. Relationship is enough, it doesn't necessarily have to be a marriage. On the other hand, LI alone is not enough

2. cheating has to take place. At least one of the partners must have sex with someone else without the partner's consent. If the partner agrees, it is sharing, not cheating

3. the cheater needs to be "taken away" from the raltionship

The third point is the most difficult. And also the most misunderstood: what does "being taken away" mean?

That means a lot. It can be the actual breakup of the relationship. Or else, the relationship is still going, but there is no more sex because the cheater takes refuge in the arms of the lover. In any case, the fraud must have a negative effect on the actual relationship.

Now to your question:
If a woman who actually belongs to her parents and is only allowed to have sex with their consent, but then lets herself be seduced and finds herself in the arms of someone else, I would actually be called "being taken away". And so all the requirements are met: that is actually NTR.
The vague F95 definition [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.] *, and the even broader definition used by some on the forum (anything involving another penis), is one of the reasons I will tend to use NTR when talking about the F95 tag, but netoare and netori when talking about the actual definitions.

One reason I'm not happy with a lot of the discussion around NTR is that, as in your scenario, it often edges awfully close to the "women as property" mindset, which I detest. I would assume your story is from the POV of the family or the betrothed, rather than that of the women. In many traditionalist cultures your scenario would lead to an "honor killing" of the woman/girl in order to save the family's reputation. :cry: :mad: That, of course, tends to be the extreme retribution. If not for those consequences, I would view the "Runaway Bride," in a similar way to Yoon's journey. Breaking away from traditionalist confines, becoming her own woman, not the property of someone else.

This is important to me because I plan on writing stories with a polyamorous theme, therefore multiple men as well as women are expected. This is not netorare/netori because no one is stolen--sleeping with a new lover doesn't mean the end of the previous relationships. Everyone involved is their own person, no one "owns" another.

*Designed to cause jealousy. What if a sharing scene is not designed to cause jealousy? If it is based upon author intent and not player reaction, there are a great number of scenarios that would definitely be neither netorare nor "NTR".

• Red Heart
Jul 29, 2021
Thank you so much. You clarify things so well. So, I guess I'll have to put that tag in the 2nd next update.

As I have discussed with Alley_Cat , there is a cancelled event in the past that takes a good part of the free pass actually. I've decided to put it back. That event can be called " Runaway bride" or something. Yes title is a spoiler I am sorry. The bride parents are traditional ones. Father, Hindu, and mother, Buddhist. Generally speaking, those three steps includes permission from guardian, parent, and finally herself. Without those 3 steps, the girl has still owned by her parents due to mother's religion. It is sinful thing to have a sexual things with other without fulfilling those things. So, if a bride runs away, the both side of the parents will be harassed by the soecity. Parent is having karma. I will leave those kind of discussion here.

" Runaway bride", Another attractive idea!

• Red Heart

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I like that we aren't really locked by the stat points, don't really like that the free pass thing was such a small part up to day 3, there is a lot of content but I have to actively keep avoiding it because the actual free pass is still not really there, the game also feels very choppy, like coming back from the party with Michele for example just there it jumped abruptly about 3 times so the transition from a scene to another needs some work, also not a fan of all the audio stuff but to each their own, besides all that the renders are pretty nice, the premise of the game is interesting, the free pass if it ever really comes into fruition, but it still feels very cliche so far, still, the characters are actually pretty good and fun, so yeah I'm enjoying it so far, just started day 3 let's see where it goes.

yeah no, good premise awful execution, it needs a reboot after finished so it can be polished on what it could really be, again after it is finished.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I like that we aren't really locked by the stat points, don't really like that the free pass thing was such a small part up to day 3, there is a lot of content but I have to actively keep avoiding it because the actual free pass is still not really there, the game also feels very choppy, like coming back from the party with Michele for example just there it jumped abruptly about 3 times so the transition from a scene to another needs some work, also not a fan of all the audio stuff but to each their own, besides all that the renders are pretty nice, the premise of the game is interesting, the free pass if it ever really comes into fruition, but it still feels very cliche so far, still, the characters are actually pretty good and fun, so yeah I'm enjoying it so far, just started day 3 let's see where it goes.

yeah no, good premise awful execution, it needs a reboot after finished so it can be polished on what it could really be, again after it is finished.
Thank you so much for playing, my friend. The game is going to be rearranged/polished in the next update. Have a nice day.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TundraLupus

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021

I saw a series of pictures titled "runaway bride" in the fan art thread. I wonder if the other pictures you posted were planned or cut content, i.e. Yoon's sister, "ranger Yoon", "mafia Yoon", etc. :unsure: I'd love to see a badass Yoon. :D
Will we learn more about Yoon's past? ;)

• Red Heart

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
[Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]

The vague F95 definition [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.] *, and the even broader definition used by some on the forum (anything involving another penis), is one of the reasons I will tend to use NTR when talking about the F95 tag, but netoare and netori when talking about the actual definitions.

One reason I'm not happy with a lot of the discussion around NTR is that, as in your scenario, it often edges awfully close to the "women as property" mindset, which I detest. I would assume your story is from the POV of the family or the betrothed, rather than that of the women. In many traditionalist cultures your scenario would lead to an "honor killing" of the woman/girl in order to save the family's reputation. :cry: :mad: That, of course, tends to be the extreme retribution. If not for those consequences, I would view the "Runaway Bride," in a similar way to Yoon's journey. Breaking away from traditionalist confines, becoming her own woman, not the property of someone else.

This is important to me because I plan on writing stories with a polyamorous theme, therefore multiple men as well as women are expected. This is not netorare/netori because no one is stolen--sleeping with a new lover doesn't mean the end of the previous relationships. Everyone involved is their own person, no one "owns" another.

*Designed to cause jealousy. What if a sharing scene is not designed to cause jealousy? If it is based upon author intent and not player reaction, there are a great number of scenarios that would definitely be neither netorare nor "NTR".
I recently heard of the official F95 definition. But that's really nonsense. TThat must have been written by someone who has never really dealt with the subject. Because if this definition were correct, then a wife who has normal sex with her husband would commit NTR, only if she were our LI. And then at the latest it gets brain-cracked. In fact it would be NTR, in that case netori, if we stole this woman from the man

It just depends on the story. Cheating and sharing are not the same thing. And cheating is also possible without being NTR.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

The fact that there are a lot of cultural constraints makes the subject very difficult. You really dare to tackle a difficult topic. Usually it's just a matter between the partners. And if they accept something like this among themselves through open relationships, free pass, it can at least be weakened. I'm curious how you do it. :unsure:

But please do not incorporate honor killings, as we know it from the Middle East! This is a very serious, unfortunately real topic that would be ugly in a game. :eek:

So if you include this very interesting story, please try to turn it into a happy ending. :love:

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
For those who like Sukkhon, I am recommending a unique Thai Drama Series in which MC is a beautiful trans woman. The series name is . To cut a long story short, she hates her father who hates trans women so much. She decided to come back and seduce her father as a revenge. On the other hand, she has a romance interest on her Uncle who is already married. :'(

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I saw a series of pictures titled "runaway bride" in the fan art thread. I wonder if the other pictures you posted were planned or cut content, i.e. Yoon's sister, "ranger Yoon", "mafia Yoon", etc. :unsure: I'd love to see a badass Yoon. :D
Will we learn more about Yoon's past? ;)
Most of them are just fan art ideas, my friend. But the one exception was that the runaway bride is the basic concept of the new event. But of course, the runaway bride is not Yoon.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes