do3c

Dec 13, 2019
Okay... No Prob with a reboot, don't mind, but has anyone the old version to download? was funny in some ways.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
First of all I don't understand why you start multiple projects if you can barely handle one. You get stuck. And your brilliant way to save time or whatever you have in mind is to restart this VN that hadn't even finished yet. Well, another project that will end in 5/10 years or will be half done.
Perfect In the Goal

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
NO COMMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love the original old Yoon
View attachment 1895828
NO COMMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love the original old Yoon
Yea, it feels looking at both like this the original one looked more asian, while the new one looks like someone that has asian blood 3 generations back or more. Heck her niece / daughter looks a bit more asian if anything than her, which is funny considering she is the one that is supposed to be of mix blood (well except the blue eyes).

Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I'm curious to know what prompted a reboot, especially when this deep into the game's existence.
Likely? A few loud voices. Its what typically drive the flow of decisions in situations like this. Considering the major change is the introduction of a new male MC, one which is clearly unimportant to the story when you look at the fact its a faceless nameless figure for some macho guys to insert themselves into, I'd say a few loud male voices are likely the source of the change. Considering the Dev also seemed to show a considerable amount of burnout in dealing with the public, it supports that some asses harassed the Dev enough to force the change they wanted.

Devs have few reasons for a major rework of their games, one is that they started the game early in their skills and now that they have gotten some good training they figured they could bring it up to par, but those changes tend to be more cosmetic, reworking the writing and graphics a bit. Sometimes you have fancy Devs that feel the first try didn't quite convey what they wanted to create, mostly some characters or story choices didn't quite match what they originally intended to make. Finally you have monetary or public pressure considerations, the game isn't earning enough money so they are making changes in the optic of attracting more Patreonage, or some assine vocal portion of the public is making a fuss about something so they browbeat the Dev into compliance.

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Just played reboot, I liked the art of the first game better, it was just the dialogue that was hard to follow.
Hope you have success with this reboot AfterChoices.

Reactions: do3c

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The Free Pass thread has never been more active than when it has an on-hold tag.

What I mean is that I never know how many people will be interested in my game.

After all, I'm only human; I have insecurities, trust issues, and so on. On the other hand, I have some hope that I can accomplish more. And I'm doing it; I'm following through on my goal of rebooting to improve the game.

If you actually want to like the game, you should embrace it and consider supporting the developer. That does not necessarily mean donating money; there are other ways to demonstrate your appreciation. Peace!!!
Maybe you believed you didn't have too much followers because the support in patreon isn't that big. You need to consider that less than 1% of the players here give support in patreon. I think that the best way to increase the patrons is doing cross-promotions in Patreon: talk to other devs with at least a similar quantity of patrons and promote their games in exchange of them promoting yours. Also, post your game in other popular sites like , I don't see your game there.

I leave you this message that wrote me the dev Enyo one time, after I asked him how he increased his patrons that much in few months, after years of little support:

"I started to promote my game as hard as I could, do cross promotions etc. While I was promoting like a machine in every hole possible I saw a stable inflow of supporters. Before the growth, I only posted my game on f95zone."

You could start with the dev of Casual Desires, I see him stuck too, he hasn't done cross promotions neither.

Jan 7, 2019
Maybe you believed you didn't have too much followers because the support in patreon isn't that big. You need to consider that less than 1% of the players here give support in patreon. I think that the best way to increase the patrons is doing cross-promotions in Patreon: talk to other devs with at least a similar quantity of patrons and promote their games in exchange of them promoting yours. Also, post your game in other popular sites like , I don't see your game there.

I leave you this message that wrote me the dev Enyo one time, after I asked him how he increased his patrons that much in few months, after years of little support:

"I started to promote my game as hard as I could, do cross promotions etc. While I was promoting like a machine in every hole possible I saw a stable inflow of supporters. Before the growth, I only posted my game on f95zone."

You could start with the dev of Casual Desires, I see him stuck too, he didn't do cross promotions neither.
it all comes down to the fact when this dev gets bored of writting the same content he makes a new game then puts it on hold then makes another new game then comes back to this one then abandons the the second game then makes another new game, then comes and updates this one with a reboot that rewrites the whole story and adds a male pov Mc and has already said if no one likes the reboot they put it on hold and work on another game that just came out. Thats a basic fuck you to all those who supported this dev for free pass

Reactions: frankiller79

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
It is funny. I was criticizing another game that has a female protagonist but you could easily see a male mind behind the protagonist. As you could notice that the character wasn't made by a female and the dev, didn't even try to look at the female character through the eyes of a woman. Leaving the girl to be kind of abused by male decisions.

In other hand, while I was criticizing that game, I made my point by talking about freepass. You could feel it being written as a woman. A woman who wanted freedom, something new in her loving life. Then, after that, what are the decisions made by the developers? A male character.

The reason why we love this game so much is because it is a girl breaking free and willing to experience new things in her sexual/loving life, making her own decisions. Then ofc the game had to bring a male protagonist now. As if we don't have a million VNs made for male protagonist and 2 or 3 for female.

Now he is going to restart making the game, reworking the story, focusing on a male character, spending his time on it, and we will never see the end of the story we loved, about the character we loved. I loved her the way she was. Her asian traces. Now she has none.

This is why I also always tell people the only developer I support on patreon is DPC from BAD. Besides buying his stuff on steam. After all, it was through steam I got to know these kind of games and made my first investments into this type of game.
But I can't support other developers because they aren't reliable. They don't follow through with their project. It seems like a scam, trying to pretend to make a project to get support and never go through with it and at the end, restart the project to get more support and we will never see the end of it, because there is no end.

Later these guys ask why we don't give them much support or why DPC has so many support and they have none. That is why. He is reliable. He is a professional. The others are just non reliable wannabe VN developers.
Thanks for messing up one of the few 5 VNs with female characters that I was enjoying.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
It is funny. I was criticizing another game that has a female protagonist but you could easily see a male mind behind the protagonist. As you could notice that the character wasn't made by a female and the dev, didn't even try to look at the female character through the eyes of a woman. Leaving the girl to be kind of abused by male decisions.

In other hand, while I was criticizing that game, I made my point by talking about freepass. You could feel it being written as a woman. A woman who wanted freedom, something new in her loving life. Then, after that, what are the decisions made by the developers? A male character.

The reason why we love this game so much is because it is a girl breaking free and willing to experience new things in her sexual/loving life, making her own decisions. Then ofc the game had to bring a male protagonist now. As if we don't have a million VNs made for male protagonist and 2 or 3 for female.

Now he is going to restart making the game, reworking the story, focusing on a male character, spending his time on it, and we will never see the end of the story we loved, about the character we loved. I loved her the way she was. Her asian traces. Now she has none.

This is why I also always tell people the only developer I support on patreon is DPC from BAD. Besides buying his stuff on steam. After all, it was through steam I got to know these kind of games and made my first investments into this type of game.
But I can't support other developers because they aren't reliable. They don't follow through with their project. It seems like a scam, trying to pretend to make a project to get support and never go through with it and at the end, restart the project to get more support and we will never see the end of it, because there is no end.

Later these guys ask why we don't give them much support or why DPC has so many support and they have none. That is why. He is reliable. He is a professional. The others are just non reliable wannabe VN developers.
Thanks for messing up one of the few 5 VNs with female characters that I was enjoying.
Yea most games with a female MCs suck because they are made by males living their rapefest fantasies, basically its all about women being used and abused for the players satisfaction, rather than any half descent narrative. As you say so few games feel like they are made by a woman, because I fully assume so few are. Games tend to be categorized in 3 major trends in term of MCs, Alpha Male MCs that just browbeat everyone and everything into submission, Beta Male MCs that somehow still pull out the trick to get all the girls from the Alpha Male characters, or finally female MCs that exist so to puppet a female character thru the worst and most debasing experiences possible.

The three scenarios represent the three main mindsets, the first is for the Beta Males that want to get the Alpha Male experience, the second is for the Beta Males that want to get some payback by seeing instead a fellow Beta Males be the ones to succeed, and finally the last is by the borderline if not outright misogynist that want to effectively dominate a woman into doing any depravities they desire. I guess at least its better they take it out on a virtual character than in real life.

So yea the few rarer MCs left you'll see are either descent female MCs or Transgendered, either of those tend to be abandoned because few are the Devs that have the backbone to carry things thru in face of either the lack of support to outright opposition by the very vocal groups that represent the followers of the three main MC types.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
It is funny. I was criticizing another game that has a female protagonist but you could easily see a male mind behind the protagonist. As you could notice that the character wasn't made by a female and the dev, didn't even try to look at the female character through the eyes of a woman. Leaving the girl to be kind of abused by male decisions. (....)
I would have said some of the things you said in a softer way, but to be brutally honest, I agree with everything you said here.
I'm a woman, and despite that, I LOVE BaDIK, City of Broken Dreamers, Depraved awakening, Summer's Gone, WIAB, Dessert Stalker and Exiles. Some of these have a more solid and serious tone than others, but they all have something in common: A male protag. And that doesn't bother me at all, I still enjoy them, but Free Pass was a breath of fresh air, precisely and not only because the main character (and most the playable characters' when it wasn't Yoon) was a woman, but because it was a REALISTIC woman.
While her story seem too fantastic at times, it was completely plausible. The story was original and, like you mention, had the same mindset that a woman would have. I have played games like Luna's fall from grace, Panacea, Bad Memories, and while those also have female protags, the mindset is different: the stories are more sexually aggressive, and in some of them, you can really tell a man is behind it. Again, I'm not complaining of those games that I also liked playing, I'm just trying to make the contrast so I can explain better how well represented Yoon and the other characters were. Even if they were bold in their advances towards Yoon, you can still perceive them as believable well written women, so that's what make the introduction of a male character more puzzling. Something that used to be unique and refreshing was destroyed just to favour a small group of people who selfishly wanted another male MC, when they already have soooo many options in this website.

Also, Afterchoices said they're like Sukkhon in real life (I had no idea), so that's why I personally find the change to Sukkhon in the new version very sad. Sukkhon was already a beautiful person, who had a fanbase that loved her for who she was. Who cares if 3 fragile little people wanted her to not have a penis, if 50 people already loved her for who she was?

Again, I hope dev the best, they already gone through a lot and I don't wanna add to that, but it bums me out a little bit to see how it all ended.

Jan 7, 2019
Also, Afterchoices said they're like Sukkhon in real life (I had no idea), so that's why I personally find the change to Sukkhon in the new version very sad. Sukkhon was already a beautiful person, who had a fanbase that loved her for who she was. Who cares if 3 fragile little people wanted her to not have a penis, if 50 people already loved her for who she was?
In my playthrough i went only for Yoon and Sukkhon relationship it was the only reason i stay with this game was because she was well written.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes