Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It is funny. I was criticizing another game that has a female protagonist but you could easily see a male mind behind the protagonist. As you could notice that the character wasn't made by a female and the dev, didn't even try to look at the female character through the eyes of a woman. Leaving the girl to be kind of abused by male decisions.

In other hand, while I was criticizing that game, I made my point by talking about freepass. You could feel it being written as a woman. A woman who wanted freedom, something new in her loving life. Then, after that, what are the decisions made by the developers? A male character.

The reason why we love this game so much is because it is a girl breaking free and willing to experience new things in her sexual/loving life, making her own decisions. Then ofc the game had to bring a male protagonist now. As if we don't have a million VNs made for male protagonist and 2 or 3 for female.

Now he is going to restart making the game, reworking the story, focusing on a male character, spending his time on it, and we will never see the end of the story we loved, about the character we loved. I loved her the way she was. Her asian traces. Now she has none.

This is why I also always tell people the only developer I support on patreon is DPC from BAD. Besides buying his stuff on steam. After all, it was through steam I got to know these kind of games and made my first investments into this type of game.
But I can't support other developers because they aren't reliable. They don't follow through with their project. It seems like a scam, trying to pretend to make a project to get support and never go through with it and at the end, restart the project to get more support and we will never see the end of it, because there is no end.

Later these guys ask why we don't give them much support or why DPC has so many support and they have none. That is why. He is reliable. He is a professional. The others are just non reliable wannabe VN developers.
Thanks for messing up one of the few 5 VNs with female characters that I was enjoying.
These are your exact words : "Now he is going to restart making the game, reworking the story, focusing on a male character, spending his time on it, and we will never see the end of the story we loved, about the character we loved. I loved her the way she was. Her asian traces. Now she has none."
simply it is real best opinion showing our love to the old storyline and rejecting the male MC intruder We don't care about was forced in there at the game.
for other games you may like also : "Victoria in Big City" - "Jessica ONeils_Hard News"

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Hi quick question,
Is the male husband in the old version replaced by a female husband in this version?
No Yoon is still married to her husband Daniel, however her new best friend Sienna happens to have produced a child with her brother which is the male MC, it seems somehow Yoon raised their daughter alongside with Sienna... also it appears nearly as if both families had lived together until the brother seemingly fucked off. However Daniel cheated on Yoon from the very first chapter, so I guess she'll be moving away of that relationship already ASAP.

Reactions: Alexmisrovoch

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I would have said some of the things you said in a softer way, but to be brutally honest, I agree with everything you said here.
I'm a woman, and despite that, I LOVE BaDIK, City of Broken Dreamers, Depraved awakening, Summer's Gone, WIAB, Dessert Stalker and Exiles. Some of these have a more solid and serious tone than others, but they all have something in common: A male protag. And that doesn't bother me at all, I still enjoy them, but Free Pass was a breath of fresh air, precisely and not only because the main character (and most the playable characters' when it wasn't Yoon) was a woman, but because it was a REALISTIC woman.
While her story seem too fantastic at times, it was completely plausible. The story was original and, like you mention, had the same mindset that a woman would have. I have played games like Luna's fall from grace, Panacea, Bad Memories, and while those also have female protags, the mindset is different: the stories are more sexually aggressive, and in some of them, you can really tell a man is behind it. Again, I'm not complaining of those games that I also liked playing, I'm just trying to make the contrast so I can explain better how well represented Yoon and the other characters were. Even if they were bold in their advances towards Yoon, you can still perceive them as believable well written women, so that's what make the introduction of a male character more puzzling. Something that used to be unique and refreshing was destroyed just to favour a small group of people who selfishly wanted another male MC, when they already have soooo many options in this website.

Also, Afterchoices said they're like Sukkhon in real life (I had no idea), so that's why I personally find the change to Sukkhon in the new version very sad. Sukkhon was already a beautiful person, who had a fanbase that loved her for who she was. Who cares if 3 fragile little people wanted her to not have a penis, if 50 people already loved her for who she was?

Again, I hope dev the best, they already gone through a lot and I don't wanna add to that, but it bums me out a little bit to see how it all ended.
Some 2Dcg games written by women are: Good Girl Gone Bad, Our Red String, Lust Campus, A Summer End's Hong Kong. And 3Dcg games: Heavy Five, Mythos: Book One. Jessica O'Neil's Hard News is done by a man but a woman helps him with the writing, the same for Scandal.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
So does this game need an incest tag now? Sorry... have not played the new version just reading the comments.

tania

Jun 30, 2017
So does this game need an incest tag now? Sorry... have not played the new version just reading the comments.
Soft incest for now but yes. (only in brother pov)
I am liking this reboot, i understand all the "hate" but whats done is done, new start here i go, the CG is more realistic then the original was, sure the models had some changes, i dont mind. Just wish for an option to rename all characters!

ps: found a bug, in "horny" yoon and brother path, after daughter/dad "action" in bathroom, the game ends skiping the next night/pray scene.

Last edited:

DreamsIsArt

Jan 15, 2022
He promised not to change the game, that he had decided to create Naughty 40 and that there he was going to apply the changes he wanted to make in "Free Pass" so as not to affect the original story and continue it as it was. But no, not only did you age Yoon but you also changed the story of how he meets Zoe, you add a brother, a new "playable character" that you create an incest story with from the beginning, with which you directly affect the whole story focusing on brother-sister incest taking it out of Yoon's focus and turning it to the male MC. In the end, if you are changing the game. I didn't like this reboot.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Below is comment before I even check out the last old update and the reboot, since I haven't catch-up in a while.

The truth, the developer(s) have their own rights to develop their VNs/Games on their own prefer development and pace. Some developers need more than one projects to help balance their mindset between the projects. I cannot say that is good thing or bad thing. Only the developer(s) should determine that.

I am aware that some of us do not like "reboot" or "remake" due to multiple things like redesigning, changing the story format, etc. Some of us like that. In my case, it is a balance. I know there are other games/VNs I have check over time the reboot/remake may have made some great improvement, sometime it other way around.

In addition, most of the developers should be focusing on their own development. I have seen some are open to see with their Patreon subscribers opinion by running some polls to help make some decision for the developers to flow with their VNs/Games. Sometime that does help the developers, sometime it may not help them.

Another thing to keep in mind. Those who have not support the developers with funding like Pateron or other fund accounts, shouldn't be so negative to any of the developers. Most of us may not be funding the developers but giving them support and feedback (pros and cons) over their project. As we see that more and more developers slowly walking away from F95 and have their own discord group to have communication to the subscribers. We should be please that some developers want to hear from supporter from F95 users to help improve their product.

Overall, my point is that we need to do better job commenting the developers in F95 even if we are not a subscriber but a supporter. If there something you do not like or disagree with, there better ways to comment that without making it a strong negative comment. Some case, when I do not like certain VN/Games, I provide pro and cons and wish the developer success on their project.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
So, I'm done with the current build. At first glance, there has been a clear quantum leap graphically. That's great. At first I thought it was a completely different game now. But then i realized it just starts at a much earlier point in time than the original. All the characters are still there, at least the ones that have appeared so far. The relationships to each other also seem to be the same. However, a new character appears. And there seems to be an incest focus that it didn't have before. Well done so far.

Whether the game still has its old charm, I can only say with further updates.

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
Reboots get old after a while, especially when the story was just getting good, and you can't wait to see what happens next. It's very frustrating and it's a very big disappointment. I wish game developers would take this into account. It's a good way to lose support.

Reactions: frankiller79

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Yea most games with a female MCs suck because they are made by males living their rapefest fantasies, basically its all about women being used and abused for the players satisfaction, rather than any half descent narrative. As you say so few games feel like they are made by a woman, because I fully assume so few are. Games tend to be categorized in 3 major trends in term of MCs, Alpha Male MCs that just browbeat everyone and everything into submission, Beta Male MCs that somehow still pull out the trick to get all the girls from the Alpha Male characters, or finally female MCs that exist so to puppet a female character thru the worst and most debasing experiences possible.

The three scenarios represent the three main mindsets, the first is for the Beta Males that want to get the Alpha Male experience, the second is for the Beta Males that want to get some payback by seeing instead a fellow Beta Males be the ones to succeed, and finally the last is by the borderline if not outright misogynist that want to effectively dominate a woman into doing any depravities they desire. I guess at least its better they take it out on a virtual character than in real life.

So yea the few rarer MCs left you'll see are either descent female MCs or Transgendered, either of those tend to be abandoned because few are the Devs that have the backbone to carry things thru in face of either the lack of support to outright opposition by the very vocal groups that represent the followers of the three main MC types.

You described it perfectly. That is exactly the kind of games we see all around. I am a male. straight. But when it comes to VNs I enjoy to just dive into anything with a good story. I don't mind putting myself in the place of a female or a transgender. Like the protagonist in this game or the one in Inner Growth as an example. It is nice to find different stories and people who actually go through with them.

If they see their game as a business to make money, they need to become reliable so people can support knowing that whatever they are supporting will come to an end. Some developers who didn't get support on their first project but still finished those, now sell them on steam and make money out of it while having their second project fully funded. He already went off my radar as someone I'd support in the future.

Jan 7, 2019
So grateful for your support, my buddy. This game was supposed to take the place of Free Pass. However, it sparked a lot of debate, and I'm powerless to stop it. To fix this, I step back and rebuild everything from scratch. Then, I've got three games in my hands. That said, my past articles have said that I want to do my best with the strong team members I have on board, so fingers crossed.
this was taken from the Naughty 40 thread

Reactions: Puma1978

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I would have said some of the things you said in a softer way, but to be brutally honest, I agree with everything you said here.
I'm a woman, and despite that, I LOVE BaDIK, City of Broken Dreamers, Depraved awakening, Summer's Gone, WIAB, Dessert Stalker and Exiles. Some of these have a more solid and serious tone than others, but they all have something in common: A male protag. And that doesn't bother me at all, I still enjoy them, but Free Pass was a breath of fresh air, precisely and not only because the main character (and most the playable characters' when it wasn't Yoon) was a woman, but because it was a REALISTIC woman.
While her story seem too fantastic at times, it was completely plausible. The story was original and, like you mention, had the same mindset that a woman would have. I have played games like Luna's fall from grace, Panacea, Bad Memories, and while those also have female protags, the mindset is different: the stories are more sexually aggressive, and in some of them, you can really tell a man is behind it. Again, I'm not complaining of those games that I also liked playing, I'm just trying to make the contrast so I can explain better how well represented Yoon and the other characters were. Even if they were bold in their advances towards Yoon, you can still perceive them as believable well written women, so that's what make the introduction of a male character more puzzling. Something that used to be unique and refreshing was destroyed just to favour a small group of people who selfishly wanted another male MC, when they already have soooo many options in this website.

Also, Afterchoices said they're like Sukkhon in real life (I had no idea), so that's why I personally find the change to Sukkhon in the new version very sad. Sukkhon was already a beautiful person, who had a fanbase that loved her for who she was. Who cares if 3 fragile little people wanted her to not have a penis, if 50 people already loved her for who she was?

Again, I hope dev the best, they already gone through a lot and I don't wanna add to that, but it bums me out a little bit to see how it all ended.
Wow really? He changed sukkhon? She was one of the people my Yoon was interested in. I play other games such as Fetish Locator and in that game, one of my main love interests is a trans as well, Lyssa. There are other games I could mention such as WVM. I never made Shauna become a penisless girl. I think people should be what they are or what they want to be. I honestly feel bad about it because I was enjoying this game.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
It's like my dreams come true. Now, people are getting involved. Going from 1.5M view to 1.8M view so quickly.

I'll repeat it one more time:
I had no idea my game was that popular. Last year, I rarely slept and was drowning in debt while fleeing my broken country. Suddenly, a large number of individuals are arriving here, claiming that the original is better. I understand. If any of the games I'm watching turn out to be like this, I will be angry as well.
But it's too late. Right people, wrong time.

Jun 6, 2022
Wow really? He changed sukkhon? She was one of the people my Yoon was interested in. I play other games such as Fetish Locator and in that game, one of my main love interests is a trans as well, Lyssa. There are other games I could mention such as WVM. I never made Shauna become a penisless girl. I think people should be what they are or what they want to be. I honestly feel bad about it because I was enjoying this game.
the dev didn't change her as such or well it depends on how you look at it, the dev gave the choice whether the character was trans or not.

which to me is stupid it was a single character and avoidable in the original, if people didn't like that she was trans they simply shouldn't go into her route.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes