J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I think the developers might have lost their path, due to people who constantly complained about not having a male MC and stuff like this.
What happened is it seems that you had a a few vocal assholes pressured the Dev into making this game conform to their desires, a male MC & optional Transgenderism, so this would be another game with a male MC that would bang everything that moved and wouldn't consider themselves subjected to 'gay' sex due to their self-insert banging a transgender character. Rather than you know... just heterosexual sex since someone that is transgendered is someone that transited from one gender to the other... a notion some people don't seem to understand, so a transgendered woman is a woman that from a purely physical point of view used to be identified as a man, but now is identified as a woman, so a guy having sex with a transgendered woman is having heterosexual sex, and a girl having sex with a transgendered woman is having homosexual sex. Seems that was a problematic subject for the Dev that had to argue Sukkon was in a lesbian relationship with Yoon or Jasmine, with some of said vocal assholes that seemed to fail to grasp that notion.
Yeah, seems so. Thanks for the clarification. Well, better leave that here again. Hope the reboot gets successful for the dev, but it's not a game for me anymore.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I was born male, but I don't look like one since I've been on the feminine side for so long. I even practiced feminine voice by naturally changing my oreopharyngeal. I am SUKHHON. She is my everything. I had much too much affection for her.

Where were all the Sukkhon lovers? When people argue that Sukkhon should not be referred to be a lesbian, I fought for her in front of the crowd. There were also individuals there with names like "Lesbian Police," "Lesbian Protector," and "Lesbian Blah blah blah."
I have Sukkhon in my sig! She's the one that has me promoting trans characters in games.

Is her new look going to be in Kathoey too? With the stupid shirt? Or should I start complaining about her stupid dress now too?

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
And if so many people liked this game so much, why did it have so little financial support? People don't pay bills with air. Making a masterpiece that nobody supports is a very nice idea and in a utopian world it would be great. But in the real world money is necessary.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
And if so many people liked this game so much, why did it have so little financial support? People don't pay bills with air. Making a masterpiece that nobody supports is a very nice idea and in a utopian world it would be great. But in the real world money is necessary.
Because maybe in this moment, not everyone has the means or the money to do so, even though they really wished they could?
The pandemic affected other countries more than others and there are many who are still jobless, or struggling to make ends meet and support their families and themselves. Just because they couldn't donate money doesn't mean they weren't* supporting the dev, as a lurker I saw people who might not become patreons but where always here to participate in the forum and leave kind words, or a great review.

I'm sorry, but seems like you're bitter and eager to find someone to blame ever since your earlier post, but I'll just leave it like that.

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
The game was making well over $600 a month. That is well above average for most people making games here. It wasn't making thousands like some games do but most games never even break $100 and I am willing to bet if the original game had the current version's level of graphics it would have attracted a lot more people.

But more importantly is the Dev making the game because they are trying to make money or because there is a game that they want to make and just happened to be making money while doing it?

If it's the later then it shouldn't matter and the only people's who opinion the Dev should be listening to is the people who are supporting them. If it is the former however then the Dev should get rid of the Female protag all together, get rid of the trans content, make a male protag living with his mom and sisters. I don't say that to knock those games I say that because they are as a whole the most money making games.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
This argument has long since lost its appeal. I know countless games that have a similar or even better quality, but significantly less support. And i know games that have a lot more support, even though they are rubbish. Most of the vanilla/harem games are of the last snot in terms of quality, but can still be sure of support. Because all the undemanding "children" jump on it.

Money is not everything

Reactions: marmar37

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Yes, it's sad. But as already some said this game had already above the average support. There's actually one I'm playing now with 3 good releases so far - and in sum 5! Patrons... Also I think a reboot is not the best way to gain trust for new Patrons, too.
The game was making well over $600 a month. That is well above average for most people making games here. It wasn't making thousands like some games do but most games never even break $100 and I am willing to bet if the original game had the current version's level of graphics it would have attracted a lot more people.

But more importantly is the Dev making the game because they are trying to make money or because there is a game that they want to make and just happened to be making money while doing it?

If it's the later then it shouldn't matter and the only people's who opinion the Dev should be listening to is the people who are supporting them. If it is the former however then the Dev should get rid of the Female protag all together, get rid of the trans content, make a male protag living with his mom and sisters. I don't say that to knock those games I say that because they are as a whole the most money making games.
Actually the new moneymaker are games with a Dad with his (loli) daughters...

snkeysnek

Dec 5, 2021
Yes, you intend to corrupt me in this way. You want to transform the folks who aren't that one. Are you content? No, it will never come to an end.
The reason why people are hating is because they loved your previous creation - it would be like if JK Rowling went back and re-wrote Harry Potter to say Voldemort was an alien and added a subplot where Potter goes to Mexico. the original Free Pass had a soul because it told a story that was close to you. The current version of Free Pass just feels like decisions were made to please others

Last edited:

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
I was born male, but I don't look like one since I've been on the feminine side for so long. I even practiced feminine voice by naturally changing my oreopharyngeal. I am SUKHHON. She is my everything. I had much too much affection for her.

Where were all the Sukkhon lovers? When people argue that Sukkhon should not be referred to be a lesbian, I fought for her in front of the crowd. There were also individuals there with names like "Lesbian Police," "Lesbian Protector," and "Lesbian Blah blah blah."
Again no offense meant but can the male mc romance trans girls in this game like Sukkhon and trans Yoon? Or is it not possible?

Jun 6, 2022
Ok, but with one BIG difference: before the dev announced for wanting to change this game or also this reboot it actually was a nice thread. Not really that much complaining I remember either. But after that - a big mess.
This is something I'm not understanding either, the whole thread was mostly praise for the game with a few contruptive criticisms, once in a while came the typical macho guy to say that he doesn't play games with female protagonist but it was also scarce.

I don't understand the dev referring to people not being there, the thread was just a year old and had more than 200 pages, something that many games don't achieve, all this mess of more complaints came after the first announcement of the reboot.

RedTomato

Jul 17, 2020
Yea most games with a female MCs suck because they are made by males living their rapefest fantasies, basically its all about women being used and abused for the players satisfaction, rather than any half descent narrative. As you say so few games feel like they are made by a woman, because I fully assume so few are. Games tend to be categorized in 3 major trends in term of MCs, Alpha Male MCs that just browbeat everyone and everything into submission, Beta Male MCs that somehow still pull out the trick to get all the girls from the Alpha Male characters, or finally female MCs that exist so to puppet a female character thru the worst and most debasing experiences possible.

The three scenarios represent the three main mindsets, the first is for the Beta Males that want to get the Alpha Male experience, the second is for the Beta Males that want to get some payback by seeing instead a fellow Beta Males be the ones to succeed, and finally the last is by the borderline if not outright misogynist that want to effectively dominate a woman into doing any depravities they desire. I guess at least its better they take it out on a virtual character than in real life.

So yea the few rarer MCs left you'll see are either descent female MCs or Transgendered, either of those tend to be abandoned because few are the Devs that have the backbone to carry things thru in face of either the lack of support to outright opposition by the very vocal groups that represent the followers of the three main MC types.
Funnily enough, a lot of the most popular vn's on here don't fit any of those stereotypes (e.g. Being a DIK, Eternum, Pale Carnations, What a Legend).

Which tells me that too many devs lack imagination or courage and that there's a hunger for good stories and characters.

Honestly, I think most people either don't care about the sex/gender of the protagonist or would be willing to overlook it so long as the writing is there. I've been reading books from all kinds of perspectives for a long time and I'm pretty sure many others on here can say the same.

Sadly there's a strident, vocal minority that throws a hissy fit when they come across something they don't like.

Reactions: Gwydion
3.60 star(s) 79 Votes