Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
Here's your chance to bring back an old Free Pass story.

Do you want to bring back the old Free Pass story?

View attachment 1896713
Well, I personally have always been of the opinion that developers should tell the story that they originally intended and not pay attention to what they are asked in the comments, so I will remain neutral here and advise the AC to choose what they themselves liked more initially and what what they originally intended to say even if it new male mc game.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
This is something I'm not understanding either, the whole thread was mostly praise for the game with a few contruptive criticisms, once in a while came the typical macho guy to say that he doesn't play games with female protagonist but it was also scarce.

I don't understand the dev referring to people not being there, the thread was just a year old and had more than 200 pages, something that many games don't achieve, all this mess of more complaints came after the first announcement of the reboot.
First the dev announced they abandoned the game because it was not making enough money to live off of it, and made Naughty 40 trying to appeal to a wider audience (and maybe lost of interest in the actual storyline, but the reasons given by the dev were pretty confusing).

It was rebooted due to demands from disappointed fans who wanted the story of Yoon to continue. But a lot of elements were changed in the process, characters redesigned, some removed and some added, etc. I don't understand why

frankiller79

Jul 4, 2020
the majority here prefer the original version there are few who liked the reboot we all love the original Yoon but that depends on the developer because it is their game

• Love
Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It's like my dreams come true. Now, people are getting involved. Going from 1.5M view to 1.8M view so quickly.

But it's too late. Right people, wrong time.
You may read it before in my previous comments and I will say it again and again and again "The old original Free Pass is the best adult game EVER" so, please do not change it and keep the old storyline flow.
and please reconsider the saying : "The developer has the right to do whatever he wants in his game" , unless the developer made the game for himself only or only for the people who support him neglecting his fans who LOVE his game and his brilliant storyline and characters. So, please just think abot it.

Reactions: frankiller79

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I'm holding back. Both storylines contain a lot of stuff that i like. I have said my opinion enough. In my eyes, the developer is the boss who says where to go. And nobody else. Never.

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
You may read it before in my previous comments and I will say it again and again and again "The old original Free Pass is the best adult game EVER" so, please do not change it and keep the old storyline flow.
and please reconsider the saying : "The developer has the right to do whatever he wants in his game" , unless the developer made the game for himself only or only for the people who support him neglecting his fans who LOVE his game and his brilliant storyline and characters. So, please just think abot it.
When a developer starts a game, they want to tell a story, like a girl who comes to a big city in search of herself, for example. This story attracts a certain audience, which becomes interested in this story. And with each released chapter, the audience expands. But it all started with an idea that he brought to life and he has every right to kill this idea if he is no longer interested in it, don't you think?
If you say so, and also the developer is the boss who can play his game ALONE. And nobody else. Never.
If dev wanted to create a generic incest story about walking boner perving on his sister and daughter, something tells me that they'll have more patrons than now :HideThePain:

Jun 6, 2022
First the dev announced they abandoned the game because it was not making enough money to live off of it, and made Naughty 40 trying to appeal to a wider audience (and maybe lost of interest in the actual storyline, but the reasons given by the dev were pretty confusing).

It was rebooted due to demands from disappointed fans who wanted the story of Yoon to continue. But a lot of elements were changed in the process, characters redesigned, some removed and some added, etc. I don't understand why
Well there I see the reason why they ended up putting in the generic male protagonist, who has no face, no name and no personality (besides being a pervert) with generic incest plots that are in lots of games here, should have been mostly to try attract a "wider audience."

It also doesn't make sense many of these decisions, they accepted the demands to bring back free pass but ended up changing it a lot, to the point that it was no longer free pass, and what people wanted was for the game to be continued, not changed.

Reactions: frankiller79

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Look the thing you need to understand is that in the West their is an expression 'silent approval', we'll say little when we approve of something but we'll complain hard when we don't like something. I get it, it sucks, you got significantly more complains previously than cheers, its the same for every single other people in the entertainment industry or hobby... whatever stretch of it you go thru people will raise a storm against anything they dislike and will largely say nothing if they approve, unless they have some particular agenda regarding the subject.

Its why Western civilization is pretty much crumbling nowadays because people in power have been listening to those few loudmouthed assholes and just decided it would be what would gain them the most approval, doing the worst things possible. Reality wise however its not the case, the majority approve of other things than the ones you hear about, its just those few vocal mongrels are damn loud and get heard the most.

Now the reason you get vocal support for what you wanted the story and characters to be and how things previously were is because you basically made the story far less palpable for many people. So while you have appeased a vocal minority you did so at the expanse of a previously silent majority, now we are being vocal in defense of the story and characters as it / they were, and against what it turned out to be. Its a shame for you and for us that it has come to this point, that all the people that actually loved this story and characters are effectively losing them over a small group of assholes which are just here to impose their way on everyone else.

But it doesn't have to be this way, we can go back, you could easily just bring back the previous version and pick it back up, some Devs did so when they did like you, doing some mistakes in how they developed their game, they figured they had went the wrong way and just erased the new update and brought back the old one and continued back from where it was. Heck if you like some of the new characters you can bring them all back into the old story, you can continue your original story while melding the new characters into it fairly simply.

Or you might decide you prefer the new set up over the previous one, I saw some good to it, and some bad... nothing tend to be perfect. You could adjust the shot, removing or changing back some stuff and keeping others, I mean for example I personally favor old Yoon appearance wise, if you were to alter things to bring her back to what she looked like it might help significantly getting the pill passed for most of us. If you have as little investment as most of us do in the new male MC you could strip him back out while keeping the rest of the new story, the point is tell the story you want to tell, have the characters you want to have, and don't pay attention to the complainers trying to make it something you don't want. Its never too late to make things right as you want them to be right, it will only be too late if you give up and surrender to the assholes.

Look right now you are not in a good place, I get it, I do spend alot of time in a bad place myself, maybe it would be better if you focused on your two other games for a while, take a few months to figure out how you really want to proceed with this game, by taking a break from it for a while, Kathoey has been on the back burner for quite a while, so it could be worthwhile to pay some attention to it and let things calm down here for your and everyone's sake. Afterward whatever you decide to do with this, so long as its the story as you truly want it to be told and characters as you truly want them to be, it should be fine and most of us should be able to get over this hurdle and all be in a better place.
I am just like you said, most of a complainer than someone who flatter sometimes (or most of the time). I usually am quiet when I like something and I speak out when there is something I don't like. And to add to all of this, English isn't my first language and I realize that the way I speak in english when expressing myself is often seen as aggressive. It is probably because I don't have much vocabulary and get stuck in words very often.

Sometimes I realize it myself and change, but most of times I dont. There was another game I voiced recently because they made something I didn't like, the decision the Dev took in the story, but it wasn't something that goes against what he was writing, I just though it was too much for the situation. With that being said, sometimes I may not like certain things, certain way the story went and I express it, that doesn't mean I want it to change, I want the dev to keep going even if I disliked something.

But in some cases they change the whole purpose of the game to please a few crowd and when that happens, it really bothers me. This VN was, as someone else said above, an unique story, something new, refreshing, different from everything I've seen around, specially because of the way she made the characters. There are other games with female protagonists out there, but it is usually made by a male perspective. This game gave me something different. Something that I wanted to see. I just wish some developers who start some unique project like this kept going untill the end. I would make sure to try and reward them for it at some point.

A lot of VNs lately that had they own story, they own unique writing, are changing to the same old that we've seen a million of times that I don't feel like spending money on any of it. And I wont. ANd I will wait now for the project to be completed to do so. So far, I as a gamer, who play mmorpg or FPS games will keep spending money on them untill I see that there are more VN projects with reliable devs to invest on. Unfortunatelly, this is just the way it is.

Jun 6, 2022
When a developer starts a game, they want to tell a story, like a girl who comes to a big city in search of herself, for example. This story attracts a certain audience, which becomes interested in this story. And with each released chapter, the audience expands. But it all started with an idea that he brought to life and he has every right to kill this idea if he is no longer interested in it, don't you think?
yes of course they have the right but the consequences must also be assumed, such as the loss of audience and the resulting mistrust, I think it would have been better if they had not accepted to bring back free pass if they were no longer interested in continuing it, assume that they were going to lose audience and put all they efforts to make the other game have the success they wanted.

If dev wanted to create a generic incest story about walking boner perving on his sister and daughter, something tells me that they'll have more patrons than now :HideThePain:
the last paragraph is a sad reality, but in this case by trying to change free pass to be also of that type of game what the dev ended up doing here was to shoot themselves in the foot, in search of a larger audience to try to attract more patreons, they ended up dissatisfying their original audience who were fans of realistic female protagonists.

the male story is so generic of incestuous games that his parts are so different that it seems like another game.

by trying to attract a larger audience it ended up with 2 audiences that like very different things, and practically impossible to please both of them.

Last edited:

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
And if so many people liked this game so much, why did it have so little financial support? People don't pay bills with air. Making a masterpiece that nobody supports is a very nice idea and in a utopian world it would be great. But in the real world money is necessary.
You have to start somewhere to make your reputation. I think most people see it the wrong way.

Acting lessons didn't have much support. The twists in the story bothered a lot of people, they voiced about it really hard. The dev of that game didn't care and kept going with his plans untill the end even with low or almost none income. Finished his game. Put that game on steam, and I bought that game there. It was my first contact with a VN. That VN made me cry rivers but I loved it to the point of becoming addicted to VNs. The second is a success.

In real life after losing my job during covid, I took all the money I had to invest in a business that I had no experience with. I paid for classes to learn the profession and spent and got some loans to open my small business and make money with it. It has been 2 years now and it is finally paying off. I could survive for 2 years, struggling. Now I have some profit to invest more on it and make it grow. When you decide to become an independant worker, not filliated to any company, You have to have your own money to start up. And banks/people will only loan/invest/donate money when you are also reliable enough to get one.

People will only invest on people that can be trusted (some people are able to giveaway money, but most don't), that has a good project and at least some own personal investment to go through with it. They don't know who you are, they aren't friends or family. So most people won't invest on a product that they don't know if it will fullfill the expectations they have when they invest that money.

Reactions: The Celtic fan

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
You have to start somewhere to make your reputation. I think most people see it the wrong way.

Acting lessons didn't have much support. The twists in the story bothered a lot of people, they voiced about it really hard. The dev of that game didn't care and kept going with his plans untill the end even with low or almost none income. Finished his game. Put that game on steam, and I bought that game there. It was my first contact with a VN. That VN made me cry rivers but I loved it to the point of becoming addicted to VNs. The second is a success.

In real life after losing my job during covid, I took all the money I had to invest in a business that I had no experience with. I paid for classes to learn the profession and spent and got some loans to open my small business and make money with it. It has been 2 years now and it is finally paying off. I could survive for 2 years, struggling. Now I have some profit to invest more on it and make it grow. When you decide to become an independant worker, not filliated to any company, You have to have your own money to start up. And banks/people will only loan/invest/donate money when you are also reliable enough to get one.

People will only invest on people that can be trusted (some people are able to giveaway money, but most don't), that has a good project and at least some own, personal investment to go through with it. They don't know who you are, they aren't friends or family. So most people won't invest on a product that they don't know if it will fullfill the expectations they have when they invest that money.
Thanks:) But I have the shittiest passport on the planet. No TIN/SSN, No Steam, No actual working bank, No PayPal, No Spotify, and the list goes on...

• Angry
Reactions: THEDARKPROPHET

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I appreciate your participation, but your vote does not count here, I'm sorry. Only a vote on the patron has any effect.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes