After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I will continue to post this till I can give my message to every old free pass fan :)
If you liked the original game before the reboot, become a patron and vote.

It's only one dollar. And guess what? I barely get anything when it goes from Patreon to Payoneer to Bangkok Bank.

However, the growing number of Patrons is mentally encouraging me on many levels.

If you believe that patron number, view, and so on are so important to me, then the answer is YES. because I work on my game full-time. LIKE THE FULL TIME. If I don't get paid, who will feed me and my family?

Eandrid

May 5, 2017
So another good game go down the drain, seriously i dont get why the game would be reboot if not to milk patreons more (even more if you add another protagonist = more update , more time wasted so more money) just the perfect scam and it s not the first time it happen, many others games have had the same problem.

Reactions: STORMDVD

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
So another good game go down the drain, seriously i dont get why the game would be reboot if not to milk patreons more (even more if you add another protagonist = more update , more time wasted so more money) just the perfect scam and it s not the first time it happen.
I will continue to post this till I can give my message to every old free pass fan :)

It's only one dollar. And guess what? I barely get anything when it goes from Patreon to Payoneer to Bangkok Bank.

However, the growing number of Patrons is mentally encouraging me on many levels.

If you believe that patron number, view, and so on are so important to me, then the answer is YES. because I work on my game full-time. LIKE THE FULL TIME. If I don't get paid, who will feed me and my family?

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Actually in the US if you are black anywhere in the south of the country you are basically living in a perpetual state of threat, if you look remotely shady and some gun totting white asshole decide you don't belong they can just straight up shoot you. In Myanmar you are afraid the military will murder you if you get out of line, in the US if you are black, you have to be afraid ANYONE can kill you, if you do anything that trigger their gun totting mania.

Look again I don't want to belittle your horrible experience, but the point I am trying to make is that the world overall is shit and democracy doesn't necessarily mean its going to be much better. Plenty of places on the globe where you risk persecution escalating to death if you don't conform. Also just drop Facebook, I have done that years ago and that was one worry less, considering how much Facebook from what you are saying seem to be source of threat, just drop it out, you'll do better.
You don't understand. That is something I can relate to. You just don't know how bad it is because you've been in better places for a while. I wish I was that wealthy to send you there for just a few hours. A few hours will suffice.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Actually in the US if you are black anywhere in the south of the country you are basically living in a perpetual state of threat, if you look remotely shady and some gun totting white asshole decide you don't belong they can just straight up shoot you. In Myanmar you are afraid the military will murder you if you get out of line, in the US if you are black, you have to be afraid ANYONE can kill you, if you do anything that trigger their gun totting mania.

Look again I don't want to belittle your horrible experience, but the point I am trying to make is that the world overall is shit and democracy doesn't necessarily mean its going to be much better. Plenty of places on the globe where you risk persecution escalating to death if you don't conform. Also just drop Facebook, I have done that years ago and that was one worry less, considering how much Facebook from what you are saying seem to be source of threat, just drop it out, and you'll do better.
Sometimes police kill people for fun. Your money at the bank has been seized. You must pay a percentage of the withdrawal amount, which is also very limited. Nobody can keep a dollar for more than a day. Try going a few hours without using electricity or the Internet. They live like this every day. There are bombs everywhere. No law, no insurance. There will be no eBay, PayPal, or International.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Also just drop Facebook, I have done that years ago and that was one worry less, considering how much Facebook from what you are saying seem to be source of threat, just drop it out, you'll do better.
Really? You clearly have no idea how to survive there. For fun, police kill and hit people. Only on Facebook do people use through VPN to alert each other. Without VPN, there is one website you can use I am not in the country, and I have not used Facebook in a long time.

• Angry
Reactions: THEDARKPROPHET

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
You don't understand. That is something I can relate to. You just don't know how bad it is because you've been in better places for a while. I wish I was that wealthy to send you there for just a few hours. A few hours will suffice.
I wholly will admit I have been in a better place for my entire life, a Military Junta would be pretty shitty to live under, oh that I fully acknowledge. I can't understand that is for sure, you can't truly understand without experiencing, what I wanted is mostly just try to convey what experience I had awareness of that is also quite shitty in and of itself, but yes likely its not quite comparable, sorry I do tend to play Devil's Advocate at times, its a bad habit I have, I am far too much of a competitive debater.

• Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I wholly will admit I have been in a better place for my entire life, a Military Junta would be pretty shitty to live under, oh that I fully acknowledge. I can't understand that is for sure, you can't truly understand without experiencing, what I wanted is mostly just try to convey what experience I had awareness of that is also quite shitty in and of itself, but yes likely its not quite comparable, sorry I do tend to play Devil's Advocate at times, its a bad habit I have, I am far too much of a competitive debater.
I sincerely apologize if any of my words have offended you. As a mixed person living there, those topics always hurt me. There, I lost my beloved ones.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
A very dubious idea to change the plot like this.
Baby, baby... I'm tired. I love you.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I sincerely apologize if any of my words have offended you. As a mixed person living there, those topics always hurt me. There, I lost my beloved ones.
No nothing you said hurt me, you don't have to worry, what persecution I suffered never was anywhere near as bad as any you suffered that is a undeniable fact, and I happen to be white, so while I did mention the situation of blacks in America, I haven't been on the receiving end, nor really have been associated with any black people so that would expose me to such situations, so its not like that was a subject that personally affect me, as I said I tend to debate whatever side is the opposite within my own moral limitations. Its a bad habit I have I am far too competitive when I discuss stuff with people so I'll always try to debate everything someone says that I feel could be debatable to some degree. So yea no trigger points have been hit personally, sorry if I might have pushed a few of yours, as I said its a hard to control habit of mine.

Malika1234

Sep 27, 2021
Loving the reboot so far! and love the new model of Zoe.. to be honest all the models are good and renders are amazing. I think the options on top for different videos show be in menu (hidden completely not in drop down and have just the stats option there. that way you can have character info there as well) as after a while they get kinda annoying.

Cant wait to see more!

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Baby, baby... I'm tired. I love you.
I doubt anyone that posted just a simple hollow comment like this actually has been paying attention to the discussion, so I wouldn't put too much thought about them, they likely just got in, saw the game had been changed, dropped a complain and left, without considering at all what is happening, they likely just assume its another simple money grab by some greedy Dev.

Reactions: Old Dog

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
People's hair is their second face.
View attachment 1897071
By the way is that the new body with the old hairs? I'll admit she looks great like this... funny how much it helps, I mean I'll still miss the old Yoon face, but just returning her hair back to what they were would likely help people accept the change.
I mean you might have had some good reason for changing the hair, maybe overall the new appearance fitted your mental image of Yoon better, but without you stating things clearly its likely to leave some people unsatisfied due to the shock of the change.

I mean at least Sienna is Sienna not Jasmine, which might create some bother as it mean the other character is gone, however at least it doesn't impede on our mental image we had of the character as its effectively a new one. Yoon however, had a fairly established image for any of the per-existing players so yea, it would be shocking, but if that is what you believe Yoon should truly look like, than keep the new appearance.

Also if you do retcon the reboot and return to the old version, nothing needs to be lost, you can reuse this character for a new character, same for Sienna & Cherilyn. Its the good part of the fact you are dealing with a in-development process, is that you can change and adapt things to your liking.

Reactions: After Choices

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Because maybe in this moment, not everyone has the means or the money to do so, even though they really wished they could?
The pandemic affected other countries more than others and there are many who are still jobless, or struggling to make ends meet and support their families and themselves. Just because they couldn't donate money doesn't mean they weren't* supporting the dev, as a lurker I saw people who might not become patreons but where always here to participate in the forum and leave kind words, or a great review.

I'm sorry, but seems like you're bitter and eager to find someone to blame ever since your earlier post, but I'll just leave it like that.
One of my favourite things to do is to use games like this as an example on other threads. Like the fact this game gets updates about 4 times faster than something like AWAM. Or that because of alternate renders, a scene like the kitchen scene in the old game can have a lesbian and a hetero version. Which means supporters of either don't need to wait long for content on their path.

Or that After Choices is responsive to fans, and is awesome enough to provide their Daz files to make fan art. Even asks if they can use it in game.

That helps funnel those that can financially support the game to this
:oops:
Ok, sorry. But that's it. It was nice here before, but that is big bs! Why even post the poll here when it's only available for Patrons? Sorry, but I'm pissed. With your own words in May: By by, Free Pass!
Because I check this more often than I check Patreon and Subscribestar. And what people have said here has definitely informed how I voted.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes