DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
people can we tone down the hate on this thread, the developer really doesnt deserve it. if you want to complain about paying $1 to vote in a poll to decide which version of free pass will be continued, but meanwhile some of you probly support other richer devs that wouldnt even notice if you dropped their support. Thats why ive been a afterchoice supporter since the beginning because he works harder on his games than most of the big name devs and hes doing it against the odds, so yeah he needs all the help he can get. He is definately not a milker, there are plenty of milking devs out there but this one is not

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I did actually just become a patron to be able to vote.
Looking at the poll, I think that the yes or no choice is rather limiting, and I would have preferred it if it was a bit more diverse.
For example, if you feel like you have to reboot the game, I can accept that, even though I saw many games who tried that fail completely and be abandoned over time.
What I absolutely don't want is a male MC.

If you look at the adult game landscape, the male protagonist is by far in the lead, even among the games with female MCs, the ones where there are purely lesbian paths are a minority.
I fear that if you include a male MC, the game will go way too much into the completely uninspired routines.
There are simply way too many games with that basic setup already.
If it was up to me, I'd say, stick with the reboot if you must, but forget about the male MC and don't change what the fans of the game liked about Yoon.

So, I am a small-time supporter now, I voiced my opinion, and even though I disagree with a lot of the new approach, I hope I managed to express my opinion respectfully and wasn't too entitled or aggressive.

I can't say I will continue being a patron for long, if it does go into a direction I don't like, that's not a veiled threat or attempt at blackmail, it's simply economics, even with a small fee, I don't have enough to spend ANY money on something I won't enjoy.

Last edited:

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Looking at the poll, I think that the yes or no choice is rather limiting, and I would have preferred it if it was a bit more diverse.
For example, if you feel like you have to reboot the game, I can accept that, even though I saw many games who tried that fail completely and be abandoned over time.

If you look at the adult game landscape, the male protagonist is by far in the lead, even among the games with female MCs, the ones where there are purely lesbian paths are a minority.
I fear that if you include a male MC, the game will go way too much into the completely uninspired routines.
If it was up to me, I'd say, stick with the reboot if you must, but forget about the male MC and don't change what the fans of the game liked about Yoon.

So, I am a small-time supporter now, I voiced my opinion, and even though I disagree with a lot of the new approach, I hope I managed to express my opinion respectfully and wasn't too entitled or aggressive.

I can't say I will continue being a patron for long, if it does go into a direction I don't like, that's not a veiled thread or attempt at blackmail, it's simply economics, even with a small fee, I don't have enough to spend ANY money on something I won't enjoy.
This is a very wise approach sir, Thank you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

I can't say I will continue being a patron for long, if it does go into a direction I don't like, that's not a veiled thread or attempt at blackmail, it's simply economics, even with a small fee, I don't have enough to spend ANY money on something I won't enjoy.
Totally agree. Being able to vote on different aspects of the reboot would be great. There are things about the reboot that I don't like, but don't particularly mind. But there are others I believe will destroy the soul of this game, like the option to make Sukkhon "biologically female". There are far too few games with fun, trans characters, and her being a kathoey is at the heart of what makes her so fun. Hell, I might not have cared what a kathoey was if it wasn't for her.

Also find pretty abhorrent what I'm hearing about the brother, that just by not playing his content may not eliminate his incest content. Make it a different route if necessary for those that are pushing for that content, as long as it doesn't become like Glamour. There's Glamour for that.

I do however like Cherilynn. Even if the yes vote wins, and it looks like it will, adding her to the game could be fun.

whf

Nov 9, 2017
Why to reboot it? Why not to just finish it somehow and move on to some new project? Why is it so damn difficult for all the creators to finish something? It's like they are thinking right from the start that their game is never going to be finished, so they can get continuous support for it. Just finish it and move on. If you deliver quality, patrons will stay.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Screenshot 2022-06-30 121903.jpg
I will continue to post this till I can give my message to every old free pass fan :)

It's only one dollar. And guess what? I barely get anything when it goes from Patreon to Payoneer to Bangkok Bank.

However, the growing number of Patrons is mentally encouraging me on many levels.

If you believe that patron number, view, and so on are so important to me, then the answer is YES. because I work on my game full-time. LIKE THE FULL TIME. If I don't get paid, who will feed me and my family?
I'll repeat it one more time:

I had no idea my game was that popular. Last year, I rarely slept and was drowning in debt while fleeing my broken country. Suddenly, a large number of individuals are arriving here, claiming that the original is better. I understand. If any of the games I'm watching turn out to be like this, I will be angry as well.
durant9035

Last edited:

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I am pissed. This was one of the best games ever made, but then remade and ruined.
Actually the Dev made a poll on Patreon on whatever to retcon the reboot and go back to the original, right now the 'retcon the reboot' is drastically ahead of stick with the current version, so I'd cool myself down and wait and see, its possibly going back or at least readjust some of the problematic elements of the reboot. So no need to panic right now, you can cool it down.

The problem to begin with was that a vocal minority (likely the more conservatives minded) pressured the Dev into making some changes, so the Dev depending on the Patreons for her livelihood bent the knees and rebooted the game adding the changes those vocal few wanted, reworking some stuff to mesh it all in process. Which led to this version that caused the previously satisfied majority to roar back against the changes, so the Dev noticing the significant outburst in support of the previous version decided to make a poll on Patreon to see if going back was truly what was desired by the majority of her Patreon supporters.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Is the new patreon poll decided already? Do the results not matter or something?
More like most people don't read the board... so they saw the change, complain about it, leave, without taking notice of the fact their is a ongoing poll that could change things and that the situation right now is complicated.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I went to work and came back to read how it was going. I see it became so much drama. If after choices ever finish his original game, I will recognize him as a VN developer, trust that he delivers his game and then support him. buy his game on wherever it is being sold, make a donation of certain amount on patreon or whatever. But if not. I am just moving to somewhere else.

I already support and supported games such as city of broken dreams, being a dik, become a rockstar, etc. bought them on steam and made a few donations on patreon. I am not a subscriber, I just donate. Choose a higher tier and pay.

Those guys have already delivered good games. If you want to gamble with supporters, saying if you pay 1 dollar, you get the game back, that doesn't work with me. There are a lot of developers out there giving good content without the need of doing what you are doing, I will stick with them. They are doing it right, so they deserve it more, in my point of view.

You have the talent. you just need the right business mindset to make it grow. But I can tell you are making the wrong decisions. That is not the way you gonna gain new patrons.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Hello, I'm "new" here - but was lurking quite some time already.
I think you are wrong in your post. To get the change back there are 400 votes for "yes" required! There are only 50 votes in total so far, so i don't expect that goal can ever be reached. Also we don't get the complete old game back when you read the first lines. The Yoon model won't get changed anyway, some other changes also will stay. Well, at least we would get rid of the male mc. But again, i don't think this will happen with 400 votes needed.
Yea I noticed, but frankly I think some measure of compromise is hopefully going to be achieved anyhow, even if we don't get the original story back I think the outcry was enough to make sure certain amount of balance will be achieved. Also I think it will at the very least give insurances to the people that this won't end up as another male centric story, which is probably the biggest source of outcry of it all, the fear the story is going to just to focus on being the story of an Asian Chad.

Reactions: UncleS2k

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Actually the Dev made a poll on Patreon on whatever to retcon the reboot and go back to the original, right now the 'retcon the reboot' is drastically ahead of stick with the current version, so I'd cool myself down and wait and see, its possibly going back or at least readjust some of the problematic elements of the reboot. So no need to panic right now, you can cool it down.

The problem to begin with was that a vocal minority (likely the more conservatives minded) pressured the Dev into making some changes, so the Dev depending on the Patreons for her livelihood bent the knees and rebooted the game adding the changes those vocal few wanted, reworking some stuff to mesh it all in process. Which led to this version that caused the previously satisfied majority to roar back against the changes, so the Dev noticing the significant outburst in support of the previous version decided to make a poll on Patreon to see if going back was truly what was desired by the majority of her Patreon supporters.
Since MalProt and incest are overwhelmingly popular at the moment, I wasn't sure that the pressure to make the changes made in the reboot were actually from a minority of supporters. Certainly looks now like those willing to support the game almost all don't like the new changes.

Funnily enough, in a different thread I'm active in, someone asked if that dev would ever introduce a male protagonist. The answer was an emphatic "no".

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
:oops:
Ok, sorry. But that's it. It was nice here before, but that is big bs! Why even post the poll here when it's only available for Patrons? Sorry, but I'm pissed. With your own words in May: By by, Free Pass!
I went to work and came back to read how it was going. I see it became so much drama. If after choices ever finish his original game, I will recognize him as a VN developer, trust that he delivers his game and then support him. buy his game on wherever it is being sold, make a donation of certain amount on patreon or whatever. But if not. I am just moving to somewhere else.

I already support and supported games such as city of broken dreams, being a dik, become a rockstar, etc. bought them on steam and made a few donations on patreon. I am not a subscriber, I just donate. Choose a higher tier and pay.

Those guys have already delivered good games. If you want to gamble with supporters, saying if you pay 1 dollar, you get the game back, that doesn't work with me. There are a lot of developers out there giving good content without the need of doing what you are doing, I will stick with them. They are doing it right, so they deserve it more, in my point of view.

You have the talent. you just need the right business mindset to make it grow. But I can tell you are making the wrong decisions. That is not the way you gonna gain new patrons.
You two are being very extremist. The most of the devs who make polls do them behind a patron paywall, it's the standard right now and almost nobody has a problem with that. The people here, patrons or not patrons, got their voices already listened, that's why the dev reconsidered the possibility of going on with the old version and she is making the poll in her patreon.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes