Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I went to work and came back to read how it was going. I see it became so much drama. If after choices ever finish his original game, I will recognize him as a VN developer, trust that he delivers his game and then support him. buy his game on wherever it is being sold, make a donation of certain amount on patreon or whatever. But if not. I am just moving to somewhere else.

I already support and supported games such as city of broken dreams, being a dik, become a rockstar, etc. bought them on steam and made a few donations on patreon. I am not a subscriber, I just donate. Choose a higher tier and pay.

Those guys have already delivered good games. If you want to gamble with supporters, saying if you pay 1 dollar, you get the game back, that doesn't work with me. There are a lot of developers out there giving good content without the need of doing what you are doing, I will stick with them. They are doing it right, so they deserve it more, in my point of view.

You have the talent. you just need the right business mindset to make it grow. But I can tell you are making the wrong decisions. That is not the way you gonna gain new patrons.
First... for the love of all that is holy... the Dev clearly stated being a woman, trans woman yes, but that is a woman for what it truly matters, it wouldn't bloody hurt you to address respectfully the Dev with the gender appellation she desire. Second the difference here is that this Dev develop games as her only source of subsistence, so yes its why their is a focus on Patreon, because she needs that money for her family to survive, now you'll obviously say 'she can just get a normal job' except she lives in a part of the world where that isn't really possible, she already is living as a refugee effectively in Thailand, out of Myanmar, so this is likely the only viable source of income she can achieve under the far less than stellar circumstances.

So their is clearly a major difference between her and the Devs of those other games that are clearly in no danger of likely losing their lives over failing at this. Or at the very least got very readily available other options, if making games doesn't work. The previous version of the game was great, and showed more soul than many games available on this website, so while yea their are some problems that are currently under consideration by the Dev, she has shown willingness to be readjusting, so we'll see where this go by the next update.

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
You two are being very extremist. The most of the devs who make polls do them behind a patron paywall, it's the standard right now and almost nobody has a problem with that. The people here, patrons or not patrons, got their voices already listened, that's why the dev reconsidered the possibility of going on with the old version and he is making the poll in his patreon.
Maybe. I got pissed because when he made the first post about the poll, quite some (including me) who are not patrons of him, answered therefore here that our vote is to get the old Free pass back. But all we got was a rude "only Patrons are allowed, we are ignored". That was the point when I decided that it's time to leave the mess here. Also this whole "poll" seems for me only to gain patrons - why put a goal what can't be reached with the existing patrons then? He has according a post above about 180, but he was setting the limit to 400? For me that's not even advertising anymore, that's scam.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Is there any chance to see male protagonist as kinetic novel instead of playing as him?

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
So much drama because of a VN.

I love the first version, don't really care much for the reboot, but there's no reason for some people to offend After Choices in any way shape or form, she needs this to live, it's her job and the way she can support her family in the place they live.

People, you have two choices.

You can accept the new reboot version, that will probably become more profitable for the dev to help her and her family getting a better live, maybe even move from the county they reside in.

Or you can support her by voting and helping her to reach 400 votes and to gain more Patrons for her and her family future.

It's not a scam, as some pointed out, she and her family need this, and the best way is to raise her Patron's numbers, even if you vote and cancel your support, which is a crappy thing to do, the new income for the votes will help her.

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
Is there any chance to see male protagonist as kinetic novel instead of playing as him?
If I understand you correctly, then you don't want to make decisions for the male protagonist, then yes. You can refuse to see all the content from his POV, but keep in mind that it will happen regardless, even how the male mc will grope female mc in one scene will happen, but you just won’t see it.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
If I understand you correctly, then you don't want to make decisions for the male protagonist, then yes. You can refuse to see all the content from his POV, but keep in mind that it will happen regardless, even how the male mc will grope female mc in one scene will happen, but you just won’t see it.
it kind forecfull. Female Protagonist need to have her decensy and I don't like been forced regardless. Female protagonist need to act as dom avoiding been gropped for good.

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
This is a post for one of my donors, but you might find it interesting as well;

Yoon's narrative is inspired by my wife's prior relationship. Daniel is a made-up character, and neither I nor her ex-partner are Daniel in real life. At some point, my wife dislikes adding an additional narrative. She wants me to tweak something about the plot. But I made some significant adjustments. That is, I went too far. typical of me.

Let's start with the character's appearance: hairstyle.

I also like the older one, which has a classic Japanese hairstyle. However, it does not come with physics (dForce)

This is something that that old hair cannot accomplish;

This is a new model with new Japanese hair, however there is still no physics.

5.png

I attempted to model my own hair, but it takes time. And that is not doable at this time since I want to employ the strand-based hair system that the new model's hair uses. And only DAZ Studio's published artists have access to this technology.

I'm still discovering out how to make the most of today's modern technologies.

I understand that patrons, views, and money are essential, but I also want to provide you with the greatest renderings I can. A render that required extreme care in both cinematic and artistic elements.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Maybe pin this poll or post in the OP so that everyone who visits this thread can see it. Most of the people these days are too lazy to read.
Could someone please tell me if I can link to this post on OP? I'm not aware with the website's policies. I'm worried I'll violate some rules.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
This is a post for one of my donors, but you might find it interesting as well;

Yoon's narrative is inspired by my wife's prior relationship. Daniel is a made-up character, and neither I nor her ex-partner are Daniel in real life. At some point, my wife dislikes adding an additional narrative. She wants me to tweak something about the plot. But I made some significant adjustments. That is, I went too far. typical of me.

Let's start with the character's appearance: hairstyle.

I also like the older one, which has a classic Japanese hairstyle. However, it does not come with physics (dForce)

This is something that that old hair cannot accomplish;

This is a new model with new Japanese hair, however there is still no physics.

View attachment 1898051

I attempted to model my own hair, but it takes time. And that is not doable at this time since I want to employ the strand-based hair system that the new model's hair uses. And only DAZ Studio's published artists have access to this technology.

I'm still discovering out how to make the most of today's modern technologies.

I understand that patrons, views, and money are essential, but I also want to provide you with the greatest renderings I can. A render that required extreme care in both cinematic and artistic elements.
Ahhh I understand now the issue with the hairs, yea under those circumstances I get the issue, basically the older hairs were made with the older system, and the new hairs with the new system, so in the process of updating everything to the new system... well the old hair style had to be sacrificed... its a shame, but now that you explained it fully understandable. Well in that case I am sure virtually everyone will agree that its an acceptable loss.

See if you had explained that sort of circumstances to begin with it might have diminished significantly the backlash over the changes in the characters appearance, not remove all of it obviously, their is a good reason you can find so many games made to look like old console games, because for many the old looking stuff is better to them than the new fancier looking graphics, so for a number of people they'd would have wanted you to rather stick with the previous system than the new one. But since it was clearly done because its what was needed to get the graphics you wanted for this game, I doubt many would really complain.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I actually had already made a final left from this thread. But after the still whole mess here one final statement from me.

I think how After Choices is trying to gain more patrons/money is done wrong. If you don't know him or are new to the thread the poll does not seem right, really looks more like a shady try to milk money. You only see the struggling and the reasons why he's doing it when you are invested into the thread.

Unfortunately there are quite some "developers" with bad intentions ("caugh" Gumdrop "caugh", for me lately also Braindrop from WVM), so most are now sensible when some actions of developers don't seem right. And unfortunately the poll here with a actually not reachable vote count does not gain trust. At least it would have been better to explain it in advance why he did that and it's important to him / about the major financial problems.

For me it would be better to actually remove the 400 votes limit now, especially after the thread battle here. Those who want to support him will do it now anyway, and the others also won't change their mind, too. There are still some points in the poll that are not clear, for me the not wanting to change back the Yoon model is one of the reasons I left.

Again, I really wish all the best for After Choices in the future, and good luck!

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I actually had already made a final left from this thread. But after the still whole mess here one final statement from me.

I think how After Choices is trying to gain more patrons/money is done wrong. If you don't know him or are new to the thread the poll does not seem right, really looks more like a shady try to milk money. You only see the struggling and the reasons why he's doing it when you are invested into the thread.

Unfortunately there are quite some "developers" with bad intentions ("caugh" Gumdrop "caugh", for me lately also Braindrop from WVM), so most are now sensible when some actions of developers don't seem right. And unfortunately the poll here with a actually not reachable vote count does not gain trust. At least it would have been better to explain it in advance why he did that and it's important to him / about the major financial problems.

For me it would be better to actually remove the 400 votes limit now, especially after the thread battle here. Those who want to support him will do it now anyway, and the others also won't change their mind, too. There are still some points in the poll that are not clear, for me the not wanting to change back the Yoon model is one of the reasons I left.

Again, I really wish all the best for After Choices in the future, and good luck!
400 yes votes might still be reachable. The amount of people that play the game and only lurk on the thread is unknown, so if in the coming days we get more supports, even only those putting in $1 so they can vote, still is an improvement.

I will also mention that the poll is also on Subscribestar, for those that don't like Patreon.

And I'll do my usual trying to encourage people from the other threads like AWAM to play this is the long waits between updates to drum up support for the game.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
400 yes votes might still be reachable. The amount of people that play the game and only lurk on the thread is unknown, so if in the coming days we get more supports, even only those putting in $1 so they can vote, still is an improvement.

I will also mention that the poll is also on Subscribestar, for those that don't like Patreon.

And I'll do my usual trying to encourage people from the other threads like AWAM to play this is the long waits between updates to drum up support for the game.
I'm still not getting paid by Subscribestar. They stated that it had been transferred. They showed me what their London-based bank had sent. It's been a long time :cry::cry::cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Malika1234

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020

Well, probably most getting my posts wrong. I REALLY hope he gains as much Patrons as he can (even I made a pledge yesterday). I only think this poll and how's it got presented is not a good way for getting there. But of course the game deserves the support. Even the reboot. Although it's not what I wanted for the game, it's still top-notch rendered with good 3d models. If it would be a new game from a new dev, most would probably say it's a fantastic game start. But this is a reboot of a - at least for me - way better game before.

Edit:
Woops, just seen from the JokerLeader posts: SHE and not HE. Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: JokerLeader

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
finished reboot version yesterday and no complaints, few typos there and there but otherwise worked fine and was funny.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I playing this game since it was realse the first time till todoy. I hope the male wil got ride off or least just see as kineitc onovel wtithou any choise his side. I not into reboot games like this. I love The Female MC more and see sadly in each every game with female protagonist where apear male choise out no where it kill whole reason to play it even with skeep whole male protagonist choise it steel killng female portagonist immersion of this amezing game. It was don with Bitch Squad were 5 Female MC if found out sadly choise with male character with clone ability which interroge him or what kind interrogation he gonna get. It feark me out of that game. But hey reaching 400 to get right of Male portagonist it kind huge request by the dev herself. I can asmuing that ther will be other upate on Male Portagonist till they reach 400 vote on yes (get ride of male protagonist with old free pass story back in game) It kind gonna tak some time til they reach this demand in that Poll. In mean time Male Portagonits goann had other content as well. Doing this it gonna take almot impossible to get ride of Male Poeragonist if ther gonna be other content with male choise.

I didn't downloaded this version of free pass since I more like the old Free Pass and kinda alweys dispointing me see male push into it. The old story was good and if thisthing aka reboot keep going I never gonna see hw thing gonna progress with the Boss leader and the Female Protagonist. I kind missed the old version of this game.

The better way is open poll on the thread for this.

I alredy missed the old Free Pass.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes