damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I find it not easy to give my opinion on the changes that After Choices want to make to Free Pass.
Because I understand it must not be easy for them to see that a part of their fan base aren't happy with the direction they want to go with their project.

In fact, I think the main issue is that we have played the first version. And lot of us like the story and the characters of that version.

It was my case.
I like the story, the characters and their relationship, as they were.
I was on the lesbian route (and for me Sukkhon is a girl, and the Queen of all :)). So I wasn't interested by the male NPCs. But, I didn't want them to change. I liked to hate this asshole of Joseph. And I like that Daniel was a pathetic looser. And that Tony was a little crap on which one can take revenge.
I also like the slow pace of the game.
That we can play a shy and traditional woman who, little by little, open her sexuality, without becoming some cumslut...

I'm not some much in blood incest, and definitely not when it comes to parent-child incest. So if Michelle is the real daughter of Yoon now, she won't be a LI for me anymore. And I will miss the step-relation between them. How Michelle could becoming fond of Yoon over the time.
I must admit I have forget Liam, and merge him with Andrew. So the fact that he won't be here anymore isn't too bad. Even if I think the story will miss a good and sensible male NPC.
I liked the childhood relationship between Michelle and Andrew (and the fact that he was secretly in love with Michelle for years). I'm not sure how it will go if Andrew is the real son of Daniel. I think I will prefer the childhood friendship.
I will definitively miss Jasmin. Like with Andrew, I liked that she was secretly in love for years. And that we could made her confess her feeling to Yoon.

But, I also know that After Choices own me nothing.
It's game is their game.
If they have no more inspiration for the original version, or even the story of Yoon, it won't do any good for them to continue Free Pass as it was.
That it could be hard to lead the story in a right way if there are too much characters. This is why they have to cut some of them (which means, I think, that we won't see anymore of the Amy & Maggie, and it's a shame).
And also, that they need to reach the bigger audience they can. Because, for me, Free Pass is only a game. But for them, it's a big share of their income.
So I understand some change in the game. Like the addition of a male MC (even if I will never play him, and it means more work for After Choices, so less update). Or the change of some relationship that could lead to incest, because there is a demand for this some of game. Or that the pace will be faster, as lot of players want sex scene the sooner it could be.
So even if I can't say I'm please with the new directions the game is taking, I know After Choices must increased their income. And as they have just flee a dictatorship, settle in a new country, have a wife and a baby daughter to sustain and offer a good living, who I would be to blame them for this.
It's why I will continue my support for Free Pass (even if my contribution is minimal).

I wish my best to After Choices.

Last edited:

lkjfedasl

Jan 1, 2021
This new direction kinda not it. Like, why am I playing as some creepy dude trying to fuck like his daughter or something? I don't even know. The old story, at the least, felt like something kinda different even if it was all over the place.

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Did you even play the original? You're speaking from ignorance and/or personal preference with every sentence to a ridiculous degree.

I think this game is better with female protagonists is all I'm saying. Female MC games are rare and would spice things up.

See how that's personal preference? One might think I'd have an overinflated view of my own opinions if I actually thought that would be a genuine point of argument.

"The people paying the dev want something I don't like. I won't pay myself, so instead I'll say how their wrong citing my own personal preferences as evidence to support my assertion that what I want is more important."

By some people, you mean me me me. Your inflated self importance is a consistent theme in your post here.

And more evidence you didn't play the original indicating you don't know wtf you're talking about: The dev will lose what players? The original game was a female protagonist. How could the dev lose players over this when they never had a male protagonist to begin with?

You structured your post pretending like it's coming from some evidence based place of facts, when in reality it's simply just an emotional appeal trying to assert your own personal preferences in a game you don't even monetarily contribute too.

Expressing your own personal wishes is fine, but christ at least be upfront about it. You're not fooling anyone.
You are imagining things dude. Chill a bit.
I played old version. I even had 3 different saves for different paths. This is why I said it will be snorefest to play same thing again. It will take years to reach to story of the old version. I rather play something different than 2-3 years of old story, thanks. I like female MC games, Eva Kiss' games are my favourites for example.
I won't support this if this will be a reboot with basically same story. I don't like to pay for reboots, remakes, remasters etc. Dev is free to do whatever he wants of course. I'm sure some people agree with me on this.
What I meant with losing some players, some people never touched the old version because it was female MC only game. Now there is a chance that he will gain new supporters. Also some people probably enjoyed current version with male MC. After his removal they may quit, mostly the ones who enjoyed new incest content.
Like I said you are imagining things. I am not trying to fool anyone. I just expressed my preference and I rather keep current game as it is, without removing any parts. Let the dev create a game according to his vision.

Reactions: azel1

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
No, I think lot, if not most, patreons want to see the end of the game they like in the first place.
At least it's my case. I like the story as it was, and find the reboot less appealing.
I agree on reboot being less appealing. This is why I'm for a new story rather than a copy paste. Otherwise it will take years to reach to old story with this version. I rather play something different. I wish the dev completed old version first though. He could make a sequel with these better graphics.

May 7, 2021
I played old version. I even had 3 different saves for different paths. This is why I said it will be snorefest to play same thing again. It will take years to reach to story of the old version. I rather play something different than 2-3 years of old story, thanks. I like female MC games, Eva Kiss' games are my favourites for example.
I won't support this if this will be a reboot with basically same story. I don't like to pay for reboots, remakes, remasters etc. Dev is free to do whatever he wants of course. I'm sure some people agree with me on this.
What I meant with losing some players, some people never touched the old version because it was female MC only game. Now there is a chance that he will gain new supporters. Also some people probably enjoyed current version with male MC. After his removal they may quit, mostly the ones who enjoyed new incest content.
Like I said you are imagining things. I am not trying to fool anyone. I just expressed my preference and I rather keep current game as it is, without removing any parts. Let the dev create a game according to his vision.
I think it was kind of a mistake on the Dev's part to use the same name for the reboot. It brought a lot of fans of the original version with expectations that it be the same instead of taking as what it really was. Which is a similar, but new, game. I will miss the new version of the game, but still hope the dev enjoys what they are making.

Reactions: kiljaeden

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
She. So her vision.

Dec 7, 2020
I just played the reboot and then I read the last pages of this thread to read the opinions... what a drama, isn't it?

In my case I'm a lesbian, and in the original game I really liked the pure lesbian path, + transgender content, since I'm attracted to trans women (pre op or post op) just like I'm to cis women. I always appreciate games with a female protagonist and a pure lesbian path, which are very hard to find.

I especially liked Jasmine (I found her adorable as she admitted to having been in love with Yoon for years) and Sukhonn, who besides being very beautiful seemed like a character with a very nice and cool personality. I didn't like Zoe that much because I found her too manipulative and immature when interacting with Yoon.

In any case, I liked the premise of a woman bound by strict traditions liberating herself sexually and emotionally and discovering a new world for herself.

The worst part about the game was that the story was quite confusing and disjointed at times, but in general it was a very good game.

Regarding the reboot, well, it has potential, but I don't like several things about it.

Personally, I don't like the male protagonist at all, that is, Yoon's brother. My problem with him is not the fact that he's a male. Although as I say I'm a lesbian and I almost always play games with a female protagonist, I also like some games with a male protagonist, like Exiles (very funny game with a lot of humor, a surprisingly decent plot and good sex scenes)... my problem with Yoon's brother is that he seems very creepy to me.

I also think that everyone who knows the original game is very attached to Yoon, so it's normal to expect her to be the main character without sharing the limelight with anyone else.

I also think Sukhonn should be a trans woman in any case, I can't conceive her being a cis woman after playing the original game.

And I will really miss Jasmine.

But hey, I get that After Choices will have her reasons for doing these things in the reboot.

I personally have chosen the lesbian (+ transgender friendly) path in the reboot, Sukhonn being a trans woman (as I say I can't imagine her being a cis woman), and ignoring the creepy brother content, and will keep playing the reboot to see how it progresses.

In any case, even if the reboot has various things that I dislike, it's clear that After Choices is working hard with it. I've read things in this thread like the reason of Yoon's hairstyle change due to technical aspects (better hair physics, etc), and it makes sense.

I would only have one "request" in the reboot, and that is for Zoe not to be as manipulative as in the original game... I really wanted to like the character, but I find it hard to believe that someone could prefer her in the original game instead of Jasmine or Sukhonn.

Considering the reboot's changes, right now I'm more interested in your other game, Kathoey (I think that it's a very cute game), but as I say, I'll keep checking the next versions of this reboot to see how this one goes.

And by the way, After Choices, keep doing your best, and don't get so depressed by aggresive comments ;)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020
Yes, she's the new Sukhonn. She already appears briefly in the reboot, and she's clearly the girl from that image.

She was really beautiful in the original game, and I think that her new design looks very good too. It would be nice to see her with her hair down too.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
This game could be better with multi protagonists is all I'm saying. Female MC will stay and she will have lots of content anyway. Patrons want old story back apparently which will be snorefest to play same thing again. At least male MC would spice things up.
Also some people don't like female MC games since they can't immerse themselves. With only female MC, the dev will lose these players.
There is no need to spice up the game with a male MC.

I don't know the plans of the reboot. But the original game was multi protagonist all the time. Depending on the chapter we temporarily slipped into the role of several persons: Yoon of course, Jasmin, Daniel or the stepdaughter. And from the point of view of these people, we then made decisions. And so the requirement for multi protagonist was actually fulfilled all the time. I don't know why the game still never got this tag.

And why would a game with female MC lose players? If i'm interested in a game, i look at the story plot, read the descriptions and the tags. And if I like all of that, I'll take a look at the game itself. If i like it, i'll stay. If not, i'll move on. This game is geared towards fans of female MCs. There should only be players who like the product the way it is and who are enthusiastic about the developer's vision. We don't want to have here those who want to impose their will on the developer and don't respect him at all. Players need to finally get used to the fact that the developer is the boss, not them. Games work best when the developer himself likes what he develops. The developers who have strayed from this plan and tried to please a loud, screaming minority (who consider themselves a majority) that always has to get their way have all failed. Actually almost the same discussion as the eternal NTR hysteria. Watch a game. If you like it, you are welcome to stay. If you don't like it, leave. But finally stop these stupid demands and discussions. What happens or not in a game is decided by the developer. Nobody else. It also doesn't matter whether there are many or few fans for the developer's vision, or whether it is even the majority of the players here in the forum. There is no democracy here, there is only one boss: the developer. And there is nothing more to say about it.

Reactions: Gunizz

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
There is no need to spice up the game with a male MC.

I don't know the plans of the reboot. But the original game was multi protagonist all the time. Depending on the chapter we temporarily slipped into the role of several persons: Yoon of course, Jasmin, Daniel or the stepdaughter. And from the point of view of these people, we then made decisions. And so the requirement for multi protagonist was actually fulfilled all the time. I don't know why the game still never got this tag.

And why would a game with female MC lose players? If i'm interested in a game, i look at the story plot, read the descriptions and the tags. And if I like all of that, I'll take a look at the game itself. If i like it, i'll stay. If not, i'll move on. This game is geared towards fans of female MCs. There should only be players who like the product the way it is and who are enthusiastic about the developer's vision. We don't want to have here those who want to impose their will on the developer and don't respect him at all. Players need to finally get used to the fact that the developer is the boss, not them. Games work best when the developer himself likes what he develops. The developers who have strayed from this plan and tried to please a loud, screaming minority (who consider themselves a majority) that always has to get their way have all failed. Actually almost the same discussion as the eternal NTR hysteria. Watch a game. If you like it, you are welcome to stay. If you don't like it, leave. But finally stop these stupid demands and discussions. What happens or not in a game is decided by the developer. Nobody else. It also doesn't matter whether there are many or few fans for the developer's vision, or whether it is even the majority of the players here in the forum. There is no democracy here, there is only one boss: the developer. And there is nothing more to say about it.
Kinda ironic and silly comment. Backlash come from only female MC crowd because the developer decided to include a male MC. I am with developer here and you are against his vision.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
I am confused. I tried to make a sense of this game, by trying to read through this Thread. It didn't help at all, as every second/third post was about, complaining about the game. So I am posting here to ask some questions.

Is this game going to be a multiple Protagonist (male & female) game going forward or just a female one?
Will the female protagonist part heavily focus on lesbian content? If I am not mistaken, the original game was. If so, will it be by any chance avoidable?
Will this game contain incest? If so, what kind of? Will it be avoidable?

I liked the renders when I first encountered this game but didn't play it because I don't enjoy playing the female perspective in adult games. The only time I've enjoyed it was with Our Red String, which allows you to play both perspectives. That is why I would like to give this game a chance but only if it retains the multiple protagonist Tag.

Lesbian and incest (Blood-related F/D, M/S /B/S) just aren't my kinks but I don't mind them in-game if they are avoidable.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Lesbian and incest (Blood-related F/D, M/S /B/S) just aren't my kinks but I don't mind them in-game if they are avoidable.
can't avoid. this/will be quite heavily towards lesbian and incest will be m/d.

Reactions: Sh0gvn

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
can't avoid. this/will be quite heavily towards lesbian and incest will be m/d.
Thanks, too bad then. The game looked interesting but if that stuff is unavoidable, Ima dip.

I wish the Dev good fortune in the wars to come.

3.60 star(s) 79 Votes