Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Ok, first I want to preface this with saying I am not trying to be rude in any way. Now, I am just curious if this update had anything added to the story or if it was just extra stuff? If it's just extra stuff then I will probably wait for the next update, but if the story continues in this update then I'll go ahead and download it.
According to the dev's Patreon page: V0.15 is still scheduled to be released late January. I’d like to remind everyone that V0.14 is just a fun special in order to give us breathing room in order to fully prepare for the next story update. So V0.14 is not a continuation of V0.13, it’s just a special update.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Where does the 0.14 end. In my case it is ending after the teacher/student roleplay which is exactly the same where walkthrough for 0.13 ends. So it means that I missed something or the walkthrough is wrongly named?

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
In that case, I really like the game but I will wait for the next update to download it again. I'm always more interested in the story than the extra content. I like the extra content but I play it more for the story.
Hmh same, I'll wait for the next update and this becomes indeed "extra". At least this dev makes an effort to keep his patrons happy until the next update is ready. And for what i've seen, it's probably worth the wait

Reactions: Koulo077

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Where does the 0.14 end. In my case it is ending after the teacher/student roleplay which is exactly the same where walkthrough for 0.13 ends. So it means that I missed something or the walkthrough is wrongly named?
A few posts up it says "the new content is in extra stories." The main story didn't change.

Reactions: Koulo077
May 20, 2017
Ok, first I want to preface this with saying I am not trying to be rude in any way. Now, I am just curious if this update had anything added to the story or if it was just extra stuff? If it's just extra stuff then I will probably wait for the next update, but if the story continues in this update then I'll go ahead and download it.
Don't download it if you are looking for story content. I regretted it instantly. I don't know if its only me who is annoyed by the developers posting christmas content. Almost as if they are using it as an excuse to provide additional stuff instead of focusing on the storyline. I noticed so many of them doing the same thing in the name of "wishing my patreons a merry christmas and a happy new year..". The problem with it is that it deviates there attention from a storyline that needs their 100% attention to a storyline that is unnecessary and can be ignored.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
not a fan of special episodes either..its patreon(or whereever they get their funds from) fan service...but we cannot complain..we are pirates..ARRRGGGHH...and just need to accept that paying players get extra bonuses that have no real purpose to the game and end up here also...i'll happily wait till end of month for v15 and carry on with the greatest trio of perfect hips in gaming :p

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
not a fan of special episodes either..its patreon(or whereever they get their funds from) fan service...but we cannot complain..we are pirates..ARRRGGGHH...and just need to accept that paying players get extra bonuses that have no real purpose to the game and end up here also...i'll happily wait till end of month for v15 and carry on with the greatest trio of perfect hips in gaming :p
at least we got a teaser of what Leah's sister can accomplish

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Don't download it if you are looking for story content. I regretted it instantly. I don't know if its only me who is annoyed by the developers posting christmas content. Almost as if they are using it as an excuse to provide additional stuff instead of focusing on the storyline. I noticed so many of them doing the same thing in the name of "wishing my patreons a merry christmas and a happy new year..". The problem with it is that it deviates there attention from a storyline that needs their 100% attention to a storyline that is unnecessary and can be ignored.
I gave a clear reason for why we made a Christmas/New Year special. I respect the Patrons we have and thus wanted to give them SOMETHING instead of leaving them dry for almost a month. We are in no way diverting our attention from the main storyline. It’s actually due to our priority on the main storyline that we made a special update. So that we have more time to properly set everything up.

I don’t really understand the complaints you are giving. It doesn’t deviate from the main story and it was made for a clear purpose. I’m also assuming (since you’re on this site) that you downloaded it for free instead of being a Patron to get it (correct me if I’m wrong). So the fact that you got a content update for free as opposed to waiting a additional month for the continuation should only be a positive thing. At least in my book. If you don’t wish to play these short stories then you can just wait. But I don’t see how additional optional content could be a bad thing.

I also don’t understand the negativity regarding developers wanting to thank the people who funded them with a special Christmas update.

Either way. I’m sad that you didn’t enjoy this update, but I hope you’ll come back and enjoy the next update which continues with the main storyline.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I gave a clear reason for why we made a Christmas/New Year special. I respect the Patrons we have and thus wanted to give them SOMETHING instead of leaving them dry for almost a month. We are in no way diverting our attention from the main storyline. It’s actually due to our priority on the main storyline that we made a special update. So that we have more time to properly set everything up.

I don’t really understand the complaints you are giving. It doesn’t deviate from the main story and it was made for a clear purpose. I’m also assuming (since you’re on this site) that you downloaded it for free instead of being a Patron to get it (correct me if I’m wrong). So the fact that you got a content update for free as opposed to waiting a additional month for the continuation should only be a positive thing. At least in my book. If you don’t wish to play these short stories then you can just wait. But I don’t see how additional optional content could be a bad thing.

I also don’t understand the negativity regarding developers wanting to thank the people who funded them with a special Christmas update.

Either way. I’m sad that you didn’t enjoy this update, but I hope you’ll come back and enjoy the next update which continues with the main storyline.
thank you for the amazing special, but... would you consider adding part of it to the main game when the in-game time hits december?

May 20, 2017

My dear friend, next time you do make a special episode or a side story, please do not name it as V 0.14. I love the storyline and this game so much, I blindly downloaded it. Please, do name it as a "Christmas Special" or something else like all the others did. I hope you understand where you made a mistake now. Its pointless to call it V 0.14 when it does no change to the storyline. But hey, its your game, who am I to point out the simple things to you. Plus to be honest with you, If you had named it "Christmas Special" or something like that, I wouldn't have downloaded it, as it just makes a big gap in my mind between the point where V 0.13 ended and where the next storyline update had to continue. And that last statement is why I don't like those special updates. A storyline going straight, its great, you create these parallel line to the ongoing storyline in the name of "special update" has me scratching my head. If it was a storyline update in which all the characters came together to celebrate christmas, fuck yeah, why not?

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017

I think it stems from the fact that this is labelled as the next version. Had you put it up separately as a special, like a lot of other games did, There wouldn't be this much "feedback". People just came expecting an update to the story without reading the changelogs and were disappointed.

But yeah as non-patrons we can't complain much, but that doesn't mean we cannot be disappointed with something just because we didn't pay for it. It is just opinions and feedback after all.

Not that I hated it or anything, kinda like it. Just a case of mixed marketing.

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
well..if y'all take 5 seconds to read the changelog you'd have saved all the angst..lol..blindly downloading then being upset is kind of silly..i always read everything in the OP and if there is confusion then i post a query in the thread...or i go senile and ramble about whatever... amusing the yoots who think i should be locked up soon...

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
My dear friend, next time you do make a special episode or a side story, please do not name it as V 0.14. I love the storyline and this game so much, I blindly downloaded it. Please, do name it as a "Christmas Special" or something else like all the others did. I hope you understand where you made a mistake now. Its pointless to call it V 0.14 when it does no change to the storyline. But hey, its your game, who am I to point out the simple things to you. Plus to be honest with you, If you had named it "Christmas Special" or something like that, I wouldn't have downloaded it, as it just makes a big gap in my mind between the point where V 0.13 ended and where the next storyline update had to continue. And that last statement is why I don't like those special updates. A storyline going straight, its great, you create these parallel line to the ongoing storyline in the name of "special update" has me scratching my head. If it was a storyline update in which all the characters came together to celebrate christmas, fuck yeah, why not?
I mentioned in MULTIPLE Patreon posts that this was a special update with no continuation of the main story. Most importantly I mentioned it in the actual release post.

The reason I gave it a 0.1 increment was because there was around 100 new renders and 3 short stories. Which I think is enough to consider it a 0.1 release as opposed to 0.05. We can discuss this back and forth since everyone has different opinions regarding version numbering. There is no real standard. Most people agree that it’s [major build].[minor build][revision]. But what you define as major, minor and revision is highly subjective. Nothing states that a minor build (which is what I believe that almost all of the updates have been) MUST be a continuation of the main story. I believe that if sufficient amount of features and content is added, then it classifies as a minor build. But again, this is highly subjective. I would only name it V0.13.5 if it was a bug fix update.

I’m sorry if you feel deceived since you downloaded it blindly, but considering I made multiple posts explaining it and also had a change log with what had been added. I think I did enough in terms of communication. And if you downloaded it blindly, wouldn’t you download it regardless of what I named it? Since that’s what you’re implying by saying “blindly”. I do not believe I made a mistake, but I’m sorry that you believe I did.

It’s all in the past now either way. So now you know that the next update will continue the main story.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes