• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
Cant load a save from 0.18 .... a save from 0.17 works though
tried with + without patch or gallery options from your download

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

paloompa

Jul 4, 2018
an error message afteroading old save games apper why ?????

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 37, in script
return
File "C:\Users\pavol\Desktop\Ren'Py Freeloading Family v0.19.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1471, in execute
renpy.game.context().pop_dynamic()
File "C:\Users\pavol\Desktop\Ren'Py Freeloading Family v0.19.1\renpy\execution.py", line 365, in pop_dynamic
del store[k]

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Freeloading Family 0.19.1
Sat Jun 08 12:05:37 2019

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I have had the same problem others have mentioned, regarding can't use old saves and getting the exception notice.
Having downloaded the "clean" version , not inserted any of the gallery extras, exactly the same thing is happening.
I have tried it with and without the incest patch and its the same.

Starting the game from the beginning seems to work OK.
Not something I want to do, I hope a fix turns up.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Just out of curiosity I did end up downloading this bugfix version just to see if my old saves did not work like others indicated. Well I can confirm old saves do not work. A fresh new game works but not an old one. Something went horribly wrong with this update.

Gadget63

Jan 21, 2019
I had a similar problem where my last save did not work. I then tried the next previous save (I save after every in game day) and that worked fine. So I only lost one game day.

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I had a similar problem where my last save did not work. I then tried the next previous save (I save after every in game day) and that worked fine. So I only lost one game day.
I am glad it worked for you, butI have tried using every save I have made in this game and I get the "exception" page every time.
I think it must be something wrong with the new release.

Gadget63

Jan 21, 2019
I am glad it worked for you, butI have tried using every save I have made in this game and I get the "exception" page every time.
I think it must be something wrong with the new release.
It could very well be this release since so many people are complaining about corrupted files. I don't understand why mine and some others are working and yet others aren't

TheFonze

Aug 3, 2018
I've only tried the download from this site, but instant errors from some of my last saves. Hasn't been an issue in the past, just now.

Goldhammer

May 9, 2017
There must be an error in the game, because i have tried 3 diff versions, and all with the same error:
Code:
Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 264, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\game.py", line 333, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 37, in script
    return
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1471, in execute
    renpy.game.context().pop_dynamic()
  File "C:\Users\mguld\Downloads\Archive-a593\FreeloadingFamily-0.19.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 365, in pop_dynamic
    del store[k]

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Freeloading Family 0.19.1
Sat Jun 08 17:57:21 2019

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
Am I gonna have to restart again, the game crashes every time I try to load saves from the previous version?!

Lawyerd13

Dec 9, 2018
Are all the downloads in the OP v0.19 or v0.19.1? If it's the former, I'd try to make uploads for the Win version for everything except NOPY.

Download includes: v0.19.1, Options for Clean (Pre-Installed) and Full Gallery, Walkthrough and IC Patch (Pre-Installed) by bas&others. Normally the gallery is saved in a persistent file, but in this case it wasn't. What do you do? You look up the DLs from this site, which have the Gallery already unlocked, as is written in the description in the OP, and then you go look in the 'game' folder where you can see the 12 files that determine and make up the gallery status. Why do you look in the 'game folder of all places? Because it normally has the 'saves' folder which in turn contains the persistent file. Lucky for me, the gallery.rpy/c files are at the very top and therefore immediately visible as soon as I opened the 'game' folder. All of this was available either in the OP or on FFCreations' Patreon, so I don't really know what your problem was/what's so difficult, ToastyOats

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are any of these links a MAC version for 19.1? OP only has a EP 19.

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
For everyone experiencing issues with old saves. This is unfortunately due to how RenPy works. This happens most often when making changes to already existing files (so patch fixes are most likely to cause this) because RenPy is simply horrible at handling these conflicts.

This was the exact reason that Chapter Select was implemented, so I advise anyone experiencing issues to use that instead.

This is not exclusive to just this game. Even big games like Summertime Saga have to deal with this sadly
3F0BF108-7359-4B27-8522-EE9501251D65.png

I understand how this may be annoying to a lot of people. We will try to make as few of these conflicting patches as possible, but sometimes we simply have no choice.

In the future we will improve the Chapter Select so that you can use it in a more advance way, such as personalizing it to how your playthrough was originally.

Hartigan

Nov 6, 2017
This is not exclusive to just this game. Even big games like Summertime Saga have to deal with this sadly
I understand how this may be annoying to a lot of people. We will try to make as few of these conflicting patches as possible, but sometimes we simply have no choice.
and oddly enough, there are even more well-known Renpy games that have never had such problems!
So maybe you should look for the cause of the developer of the game. He chose Renpy and just does not follow his rules.

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-variables-and-save-compatibility.16011/

Reactions: cooldude33
3.90 star(s) 180 Votes