lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
V.A. Laurie, I totally agree with WINTEX about "timejumping" style of the game, it seems like we, players, see only parts of the story (in one playthrough). Relationship development with characters intertwined with each other except Susan and aunt (which are really forced) and that's a good thing but with what I said earlier I have the same feeling as WINTEX. If I go all the way with Karina I lower my chances with Melody but if I don't then MC and Karina have platonic relationship mutually falling in love without any reason to do so (game just announces that we love each other). That's just an example of story troubles.
Maybe unlike most people here I liked this update, it has "Freeloading Family" feeling in it. I mean when I play it I have the same feeling as previous updates. I don't get people's dissapointment, it's clearly not the end of the game. But. This update looks like final step before the end and it's not right. It looks like story was going on, we were somewhere like in second third of the story and here we see one step before the end. That's what I don't get, story is not over yet. My MC has beautiful thing with Alice and Melody both, he's getting somewhere with Leah (and we both don't know where I suppose), his relationship with Karina are beginning to rise up to actual feelings (and she's still a virgin)... Then parents came and said "You're at final curtain". To say it mildly, it's rushed.
And there's a question of two or three girls ending. If I don't have enough points with Leah (and enough with other three girls) I cannot have a harem ending, right? And what if I don't want Leah in my MC's harem but I really want her sister to be there?
Another really small thing I don't get is why MC crying. He's cool as fuck, hardboiled, his father pushed him all his life and hardened his character. He really love some girls and losing them can be a reason for crying. But loss of the house? Why? He's just greets his teeths, overcome this obstacle and go on. His stern father made him adult and mature, MC pays his bills, studying and go on vacation, he has finances for this. Moreover, OK, parents pushed their kids out of the house, what story twist forbids MC and Alice to rent a 2-room apartment only for 2 of them? That's easier burden for MC and after all Alice was freeloading for a year, now she will find a job and they will share the rent.

To everyone else: I wonder what Hayley ending are you all expecting. There's no Hayley ending like there's no Susan ending. For me it's obvious they are not LI, MC has no romatic feelings for them, it's lust and desire. And they both are much older than MC, they can be a "side fuck" but not the one (or ones) that MC spend his life with.

Last edited:

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
Missing Hailey in the end options. Also missing triangle options like Alice-Leah-MC, which would be in-character as it pretty much started out that way.

But I kinda saw this kind of end coming. There wasn't really an overarching story, no real beginning-middle-end. Yeah sure, there was a "beginning" but nothing real that challenged the story or relationships that had to overcome. Susan maybe, but the was dealt with (too) quickly. Just a slice-of-life, and maybe that was intended, but then it was inevitable it would be cut-off suddenly at some point. Time skip is there to not have to deal with all the branching stories. Choosing someone else other than Alice will likely mean Alice found someone in the dorms, and the others-not-choosen likely meant the group grew apart. Choosing Alice is obvious, you choose eachother and the others are fine with that. Choosing Melody is likely due to bonding over the cafe, Karina something like exploring life together (as MC isn't really grown up either at his point). And Leah, dunno, prolly Alice-light with a notch further on the Kinsey scale.
Introduction of the Aunt feels padding though at this point, and as it seems she isn't a major (if any) character in the endings, kinda an unnecessary addition.

Would have been better to have those branching stories in the game. But after 26-odd updates I get not wanting having to deal with writing to the end, times 5.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the game for what it is, but kinda went through the motions without going anywhere.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
V.A. Laurie, I totally agree with WINTEX about "timejumping" style of the game, it seems like we, players, see only parts of the story (in one playthrough). Relationship development with characters intertwined with each other except Susan and aunt (which are really forced) and that's a good thing but with what I said earlier I have the same feeling as WINTEX. If I go all the way with Karina I lower my chances with Melody but if I don't then MC and Karina have platonic relationship mutually falling in love without any reason to do so (game just announces that we love each other). That's just an example of story troubles.
Maybe unlike most people here I liked this update, it has "Freeloading Family" feeling in it. I mean when I play it I have the same feeling as previous updates. I don't get people's dissapointment, it's clearly not the end of the game. But. This update looks like final step before the end and it's not right. It looks like story was going on, we were somewhere like in second third of the story and here we see one step before the end. That's what I don't get, story is not over yet. My MC has beautiful thing with Alice and Melody both, he's getting somewhere with Leah (and we both don't know where I suppose), his relationship with Karina are beginning to rise up to actual feelings (and she's still a virgin)... Then parents came and said "You're at final curtain". To say it mildly, it's rushed.
And there's a question of two or three girls ending. If I don't have enough points with Leah (and enough with other three girls) I cannot have a harem ending, right? And what if I don't want Leah in my MC's harem but I really want her sister to be there?
Another really small thing I don't get is why MC crying. He's cool as fuck, hardboiled, his father pushed him all his life and hardened his character. He really love some girls and losing them can be a reason for crying. But loss of the house? Why? He's just greets his teeths, overcome this obstacle and go on. His stern father made him adult and mature, MC pays his bills, studying and go on vacation, he has finances for this. Moreover, OK, parents pushed their kids out of the house, what story twist forbids MC and Alice to rent a 2-room apartment only for 2 of them? That's easier burden for MC and after all Alice was freeloading for a year, now she will find a job and they will share the rent.

To everyone else: I wonder what Hayley ending are you all expecting. There's no Hayley ending like there's no Susan ending. For me it's obvious they are not LI, MC has no romatic feelings for them, it's lust and desire. And they both are much older than MC, they can be a "side fuck" but not the one (or ones) that MC spend his life with.
They feel disappointed exactly because of reasons that you yourself listed. The story felt like it was still ongoing, that we're somewhere around 2/3rd of it, and then sudden time skips and choose an ending scene, and because we don't get to see everything with everyone in a single play through, having that lovey dovey feeling with all the girls at the same time as given by the narration doesn't makes that much sense. The housing situation was also resolved weirdly, from an in-world pov, there were so many other better solutions than this.

As for Susan and Haley, I get the lack of Susan ending. She was written out, only to be brought back for a small time. Although the only purpose she served was to either lower your points with the girls, or to solidify the Haley relationship which didn't made much sense. With that, and how Haley has actually her own ongoing character arc that has also been cut short with this update, plus the buildup towards to her ever since she first appeared, her not having an actual ending doesn't feel right.

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Another really small thing I don't get is why MC crying
This is an instance where the game was based on my real life, in a way. I had a falling out with my father about a decade back, and while we argued, i only got mad... until i realized that he and i had ruined everything and I was left with him not being a part of my life. It was one of three times in the last ten years that i've broken down crying.

so Idk. i thought that part felt very real, to me, but i guess it isn't relatable to everyone.

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
This is my 2 cents.

Most of us, or maybe all, had invested in the story. The writing forbthis novel game was tremendous. No downs, and it kept us going no matter where the story led us to believe. I love all the girls, except the little one i forgot her name. She was annoying but cute. It's interesting how ALL their arcs actually coincided with the other girls, and the story moved on like seamlessly, and I LOVE THAT about this game.

But please, in the bottom of your heart, let me make aunt Hailey the slut she deserves to be. And get her preggers lol. Btw I love how everybody here has nothing nasty to say to each other unlike other threads. So this game is GOLD material.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't get is why MC crying. He's cool as fuck, hardboiled, his father pushed him all his life and hardened his character. He really love some girls and losing them can be a reason for crying. But loss of the house? Why?
He's not crying over the house, he says it quite clearly why he's upset.

He lost a chance to fix things with his dad and get their relationship on track and instead just argued and will move on with their lives not knowing each other.

I can understand it to a degree. Me and my mother fell out a decade or so ago and haven't spoken since. It does upset me at times that i'll never have a mother/daughter relationship but the reason she hates me will never change so that can't be fixed.

It's an emotional outpouring over something he has lost.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Lol,Dad being a chad in a second there..He really seem interested with Alice and Melody though.Good thing,Brit is there to stop Chad Dad.:KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Feels like the story was rushed. Not a fan of the whole time skip thing. Now we're supposed to choose who we ended up with through just one choice. For example, when I chose Alice, it shows her with a wedding dress. Shouldn't we learn more about how they got there and how the mc broke up with the other girls as it's happening? Learning what happened after the fact isn't really good storytelling.
That's not the ending .... you can tell that by the way it says "this ending is not complete".

The endings have yet to be added.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
This is an instance where the game was based on my real life, in a way. I had a falling out with my father about a decade back, and while we argued, i only got mad... until i realized that he and i had ruined everything and I was left with him not being a part of my life. It was one of three times in the last ten years that i've broken down crying.

so Idk. i thought that part felt very real, to me, but i guess it isn't relatable to everyone.
I'm sorry to hear about the falling out between you and your dad.

I never had something similar, but I do like to immerse and in that situation, with how shitty the dad was altogether, his lack involvement as an actual father, lack of communication (not the phone calls where he screws with him), being a hard ass to that extent, pulling that house move, how he neglected the mother topic for all those years, and then that money thing (though that came later on), - man you sure made that dad one of the most unlikeable parent in VN history - I'd feel more of a relief not to deal with that anymore rather than crying.

Last edited:

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Relationships are a 2-way street and the dad was a perpetual dick who went off to live the good life in his golden years, without his kids in tow. Where was his wife (Alice's mom) in any of this mess playing the role of peacekeeper and/or facilitator? This all sounds like a dysfunctional downer drama (e.g. Dual Family) fit for the Lifetime Channel, rather than a hot adult game to wank to.

Reactions: botc76

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017

That my dear friend is true emotion, yes, it isn't relatable to everyone but it gets the message across, at least to me.

Reactions: V.A. Laurie

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Saw something like this coming a long time ago, so I was not really surprised by how this update ended.
I must say, I find that the models for the dad and Alice's mom look rather young. They don't come across as fourty-something.

And like many others I'm a bit disappointed that the paths do not allow MC to choose just the girls he wants.
I've never seen Karina as GF material (and I was really annoyed when we couldn't refuse her in the park) so I fervently hope that the harem route will only include girls if we have enough points with them...

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017

Well, my relations with father not the best one too. When I was MC's age I was so fed up with him that we were on on a brink of fistfight (I'm grateful to my mom she stood between us and stopped this situation) and I cannot say we fixed our relations since then (I just got mature since then and let it go), but I can tell you that time (and distance) heals all. Now, many years later family is just family, we cannot choose our parents so we can only do one thing - accept them for who they are.
And speaking about crying... life is not a paradise for me (and never was) so I know when man have to cry (not that I can but it's my problem). Maybe you grown up in more peaceful country or had more safe and understanding enviroment but I totally relate to crying when life goes down to shit, when girl you love rejects you (in that case I can more than relate), when you lost someone dear to you. But cry about lost hope (MC was hoping to fix relations with father but he described in details that his father never was a father figure for him), for me it seems out of MC's character. You see, it's not a question whether I can relate or not, it's a question how it fits MC's personality.

Last edited:
Reactions: hellomate1

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I remember when this first release. I hated the sex scenes but it was close ups then later the dev improved. My only problem is not having animation hopefully next game have it. It's depressing not seeing Alice in animation. lol
Either way I enjoyed the ride and hopefully he got new idea already in the works.

Jacob VK

Mar 29, 2019
Man... cant believe this game is about to end... i loved the story... I just hate that dad and bret mom.... and besides... one doubt... where is aunt hailey... she also someone to be in the story together with the mc and other girls... she also need a ending... and I love all the girls... to be frank... Mc has a good story with them....

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Leah:And just remember you are too stupid to do anything meaningful with your life anyway.

Me:.......Ow.Thats harsh:/

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Man... cant believe this game is about to end... i loved the story... I just hate that dad and bret mom.... and besides... one doubt... where is aunt hailey... she also someone to be in the story together with the mc and other girls... she also need a ending... and I love all the girls... to be frank... Mc has a good story with them....
where is aunt hailey... the only one i care about is not in the ending?

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes