frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
I enjoyed this one a lot, it was fun while it lasted. It's too bad that every good game ends up with such a dumpster fire ending (or abandonment) but devs only end these games because they're tired of them or losing money, so that's just the nature of the beast.

DarkGod7

Mar 22, 2019
Just a quick thing from me, the writer of the game, for everyone. I won't be commenting too much about speculations or guesses about the future content to be added but I will say...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Let me clear this

This is not the end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey V.A. Laurie :
Let me say this first of all. To the entire team working on this game...Thank You! The development of this game is one I've been following since it first began and I have thoroughly enjoyed every single update up until this point and here's why.

This game took a slightly different approach than most other games in this genre. Instead of just "plain-jane, cringy dialog here, shallow, spotty narration there; oh look, (insert hot female character here) fell onto my dick from bum-fuck nowhere!" you guys gave us a genuine story that took a lot of time to cultivate and realize. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really liked the one of the main themes of this game which seemed to be the concept of "Life After". You know, there's a lot of forward push in the story that show life after all the craziness and after all the climaxes before every time-skip, especially The Christmas Special (That one made me incredibly sentimental; it prompted me to look at my own life through that same mirror...). There's just something about going so far down the line and then looking back on how the life you now live was built, experiences and all, that really just tugs at my heartstrings; since I'm still relatively young (about as old as MC just before the "much, much later" timeskip) and I know that will be me someday.

For me, It's not about how well it's written ( I don't think it's realistic to expect an 18+ visual novel to be written by the right hand of god while he jacks off with his left.) since for a game like this to be good, I feel like there has to be those tiny impurities in the writing that give it character; otherwise, it would be boring, you know? Games like these are, at the end of the day, the sole property of the developing team. So when I play these, whatever choices the writer chooses to make, I simply accept as an organic part of the world they've built. Slight offshoot here, but it was the same thing when Acting Lessons killed one of their characters (I won't say which one.). I don't mind that you guys have chosen to end the main plot now, I just wished you didn't do it through yet another time-skip. I would have personally liked to spend a bit more time with the harem and at least graduate college with them, you know? I'm sure when you were story-boarding this chapter, a conversation that went exactly like this was had. So you obviously had a set of reasons that made this the eventuality. And while this introspection-prompting, thought-provoking, high-quality and yes, arousing story is winding down, I simply hope that all of the endings will be nice and proper fleshed out, with closure and no cliffhangers (unless its sequel bait ;))

My sincerest thanks to you and the rest of the team for all your hard work in delivering a wonderful story with great characters and top-quality renders. I'm not sure why I'm talking as though you're about to fall off the map, but I feel like I'm parting with something that was very near and dear to me. Every update was a legitimate reason to be very excited and delighted. I'm not sure what comes next in your development career but I will be sure to be right there when it goes live.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
I am so confused at how the story is developed. All I care about is Alice and I've not had an update exclusively for her since the time MC banged her on the balcony. I don't care for all these fake plastic teens, I just want the hot one (Alice). So I did my usual skip until I find her scenes and it went from her in the car to her in a wedding dress...This game is all over the place. I feel like the dev has just given up. Boring boring game. It's a shame because it started off really well.
I agree not enough content with Alice :( She is the only reason I come back every time this game is updated lol as have no interest in any other girl in the game.. I'm a sucker for punishment I guess as I have alway hated the 'forced' sexual relationships with every other girl and i'm the same as you and just skipped these scenes! I think all these choices that have been given in the past few updates should have been there from the start instead of nearing the end so we 'had' the choice to be friends or being intimate with the girls. Plus it would have saved all the skipping lol ;)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Genji

Rising_Hell

Jun 16, 2017
I can see why people are really disappointed with this update. It is rushed as hell. But i think the Dev has plans to give us a much more Fulfilling ending.
As for Hailey I'm unsure if they have any plans for her. But there are still ways they can easily incorporate her in the future updates so I'm really looking forward to the next one. For the time being I'll wait patiently.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I can see why people are really disappointed with this update. It is rushed as hell. But i think the Dev has plans to give us a much more Fulfilling ending.
As for Hailey I'm unsure if they have any plans for her. But there are still ways they can easily incorporate her in the future updates so I'm really looking forward to the next one. For the time being I'll wait patiently.
Everything I've read about the planned updates makes them sound like epilogues. Six updates that seem like the player decides who they are with and then the devs are going to reveal each ending. I doubt we are going to end up with much input.

Reactions: Micha.el and Grelk

sm204900729

Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Well, I realize that this was not the ending but it was kind of abrupt. I rarely check my pateron feed anymore for any game so I didn't think the dev was planning on ending this; I really wanted it to continue. There are so many unanswered questions and I seriously thought a few updates ago that the teacher was still a viable choice. The Hailey abrupt end caught me off guard. I was looking forward to this update because the last one ended with a bang. This is the most depressing end to a almost 3 year game I've seen. I'm not mad, just feeling apathetic and borderline depressed.

pov989

Apr 27, 2017
Sometimes, I wonder if people actually read at all when they play games or if they just click through and look at the pictures. To balance out the unwarranted negativity, allow me to play devil's advocate.

The first argument I am seeing here is that the dev wanted to rush an ending because he was losing money or is wanted to move onto some other new project. For the money argument, simply look at the earnings for this game and the number of patrons. During the course of three months, the number of patrons and earning have been relatively steady with no big changes. If you want to get into the details, it has actually increased slightly. And as for the wanting to move on to another project argument, I say that this game has been in development since 2017. There has seldom been a delay in any updates during that time. Moreover, it seems like most people were happy with this game during the course of these three years. How can anyone justifiably say that the dev wants to rush to a new project? And on top of that, you have one of the creators say in this thread that there are at least 6 more updates to flesh out all the choices. It boggles my mind that anyone can accuse the devs of being lazy or wanted to end this game prematurely.

The second argument is a big subjective, but I want to discuss it anyway. MC's relationship with his father strikes me as a pretty plausible. Personally speaking, I had a very bad relationship with both of my parents up until recently (and I would not say it is good now either). It took my parents retiring, moving to the opposite end of the country, and a few years for them to even invite me to their home and for me to even agree to do it. I jokingly refer to our present situation as our "peace treaty". When I do visit, it is incredibly awkward and it takes me a few days for me to get comfortable talking to them normally. And even when we do talk normally, there are always the underlying memories that we try to just sweep under the rug. But on the surface, we're all jolly and smiling and all that bullshit. And yeah, I shed a few tears in private during those tumultuous times. It happens to the best of us. Just because it might not have happened to you doesn't mean the situation isn't plausible. I'm not expecting world-renown writing in these types of games, but this scenario was executed in a plausible manner. You'd be surprised how unwittingly selfish people can be, even those who claim to be closest to us.

The third argument I am seeing is that the time skip is proof of rushing to end the game. I find the first time skip to be just fine. It can easily be assumed that during the course of the first time skip (which was only a few weeks, if I recall correctly) that MC and Alice simply spent their time with these parents exchanging mundane pleasantries, catching up with them or just helping Alice and MC look for a new place to live. Maybe they did not spend so much time with the other characters during this first leap. Nothing exciting or worth making an update about and it isn't a big leap in logic to suppose that. Why show those things?

Now, the second time leap of a few years did catch me off guard along with the sudden list of choices. However, one of the devs has already clearly stated in this thread that each "ending" choice will be its own update. That is a lot of content to an ending. Also, think about this. The dialogue of the father indicates that he hasn't really been following what MC has been doing during the second time skip (which, again, is fully plausible given my own situation in life described above). I imagine that the time skip will be filled in when the MC fills his father in with what has been going on after making a choice about who MC decided to be with. Then, when those "ending" choices get their own updates, I imagine that those updates will have their own choices in them to determine how that ending plays out. If the choices pan out this way, then the complaint about the time skip becomes moot along with the argument that MC has lost all agency.

Finally, the complaint about Hailey and Susan. While the dev has indicated that there are currently no plans for them to have their own endings, this dev team has made changes to this game based on fan feedback before. Hence, it is a possibility that it might change. Even if it didn't, that does not necessarily mean that these characters won't play a part in the other choices. Heck, the "I broke up with all of them" could be a potential segue to a Hailey or Susan ending.

Look, all I'm saying is that the negative reaction has been ridiculously overblown. The game isn't completed yet and all the pieces are still there to give a satisfying ending, and yet people are here declaring the game is now a disaster and they will never play it again. I'm telling you to take some deep inhales and exhales and be patient. Voice your concerns in a civilized manner, if you must, but tone all this down.

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
(insert hot female character here) fell onto my dick from bum-fuck nowhere!
Did we play the same game? The MC gets tons of pussy dropped on his lap, the sex scenes come and go so often you'd think they're what keeps him alive.

sm204900729

Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Sometimes, I wonder if people actually read at all when they play games or if they just click through and look at the pictures. To balance out the unwarranted negativity, allow me to play devil's advocate.

The first argument I am seeing here is that the dev wanted to rush an ending because he was losing money or is wanted to move onto some other new project. For the money argument, simply look at the earnings for this game and the number of patrons. During the course of three months, the number of patrons and earning have been relatively steady with no big changes. If you want to get into the details, it has actually increased slightly. And as for the wanting to move on to another project argument, I say that this game has been in development since 2017. There has seldom been a delay in any updates during that time. Moreover, it seems like most people were happy with this game during the course of these three years. How can anyone justifiably say that the dev wants to rush to a new project? And on top of that, you have one of the creators say in this thread that there are at least 6 more updates to flesh out all the choices. It boggles my mind that anyone can accuse the devs of being lazy or wanted to end this game prematurely.

The second argument is a big subjective, but I want to discuss it anyway. MC's relationship with his father strikes me as a pretty plausible. Personally speaking, I had a very bad relationship with both of my parents up until recently (and I would not say it is good now either). It took my parents retiring, moving to the opposite end of the country, and a few years for them to even invite me to their home and for me to even agree to do it. I jokingly refer to our present situation as our "peace treaty". When I do visit, it is incredibly awkward and it takes me a few days for me to get comfortable talking to them normally. And even when we do talk normally, there are always the underlying memories that we try to just sweep under the rug. But on the surface, we're all jolly and smiling and all that bullshit. And yeah, I shed a few tears in private during those tumultuous times. It happens to the best of us. Just because it might not have happened to you doesn't mean the situation isn't plausible. I'm not expecting world-renown writing in these types of games, but this scenario was executed in a plausible manner. You'd be surprised how unwittingly selfish people can be, even those who claim to be closest to us.

The third argument I am seeing is that the time skip is proof of rushing to end the game. I find the first time skip to be just fine. It can easily be assumed that during the course of the first time skip (which was only a few weeks, if I recall correctly) that MC and Alice simply spent their time with these parents exchanging mundane pleasantries, catching up with them or just helping Alice and MC look for a new place to live. Maybe they did not spend so much time with the other characters during this first leap. Nothing exciting or worth making an update about and it isn't a big leap in logic to suppose that. Why show those things?

Now, the second time leap of a few years did catch me off guard along with the sudden list of choices. However, one of the devs has already clearly stated in this thread that each "ending" choice will be its own update. That is a lot of content to an ending. Also, think about this. The dialogue of the father indicates that he hasn't really been following what MC has been doing during the second time skip (which, again, is fully plausible given my own situation in life described above). I imagine that the time skip will be filled in when the MC fills his father in with what has been going on after making a choice about who MC decided to be with. Then, when those "ending" choices get their own updates, I imagine that those updates will have their own choices in them to determine how that ending plays out. If the choices pan out this way, then the complaint about the time skip becomes moot along with the argument that MC has lost all agency.

Finally, the complaint about Hailey and Susan. While the dev has indicated that there are currently no plans for them to have their own endings, this dev team has made changes to this game based on fan feedback before. Hence, it is a possibility that it might change. Even if it didn't, that does not necessarily mean that these characters won't play a part in the other choices. Heck, the "I broke up with all of them" could be a potential segue to a Hailey or Susan ending.

Look, all I'm saying is that the negative reaction has been ridiculously overblown. The game isn't completed yet and all the pieces are still there to give a satisfying ending, and yet people are here declaring the game is now a disaster and they will never play it again. I'm telling you to take some deep inhales and exhales and be patient. Voice your concerns in a civilized manner, if you must, but tone all this down.
I do agree everyone is blowing this way put of proportion, I think everyone took this update as they got hit by a truck... I certainly did. I dont pay attention to posts made on pateron so I was shocked and depressed by this update. I too had a strained relationship with my father and this update made me almost shed a tear because I've had that exact conversation with my dad (The one at dinner minus money, home, and the poly relationship lol) with my father having the same reaction and I did the same thing. I'm not enraged to say that this was rushed or I hate this game, just depressed. I realize that all good things must come to an end and this game has been awesome.

I would say that the ending had no cushion to prepare us after the awesome end of last update. It's still a great game.

sotorojo

Jul 18, 2018
Why didn't they all just move in with Aunt Haley? They had been living with her before, and now she has a whole house to herself. She needed them. Now Haley was just written out of the story, right when the MC was starting to get intimate with her. I guess I'm just sad that it this story is coming to an end.

kakashi_551

Jan 12, 2019
I hope there is a everyone but karina choice later on. I don't hate her she's ok, but she's not my cup of tea. I avoided her through my play through besides the parts were you had no choice. If there isn't I really won't care too much about it. I'll just choose all the other endings besides hers. Let's wait and see what the dev does with the ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Classy_Turtle

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Why does he continue to chat with this person? It makes no sense whatsoever! This man poisoned your whole life, then threw it out of the house. Then he calls you and wonders how your life is. Does MC generally have a spine? And the excuse is that his father is not working. MC himself said that he had never been.

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Why didn't they all just move in with Aunt Haley? They had been living with her before, and now she has a whole house to herself. She needed them. Now Haley was just written out of the story, right when the MC was starting to get intimate with her. I guess I'm just sad that it this story is coming to an end.
The saddest thing is not that he rushed the end, but does it in almost the most idiotic way (Acting Lessons can't be beaten in that).

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Its such a shame that such a great story is ending in such a distasteful manner. Up to that point I really loved that story but this last chapter basically nearly throws me into a depression, frankly to me its obvious the Dev decided to hastily conclude the story. Now the reason I am saying this is because mostly the game crisis came one at a time and typically went thru a pretty typical pattern of high - low - high, basically things were going great, a crisis appear that caused things to go low, than as the crisis is solved it went back up high, its a typical pattern for anything short of Drama or Horror. The problem here is in this last chapter three different crisis that should have effectively had their own arc all happened back to back.

First the parents return, that should have been like the Aunt Hailey's Arc a crisis taking several chapters that involved the characters trying to hide from the parents that they are in a relationship while still being actively in a relationship, it could have been solved by having them start spending more time at Aunt Hailey's house, continuing to further insert her into the group as another of the contenders for the MC, now some time skip could have happened.

Now as the situation passed over and the characters normalized this new pattern the next crisis could have appeared, the parents announcing they were going to bail out on the kids, at this point the MC & Alice being caught by surprise and shocked, at which point the two plus the others could have discussed the situation and possibly grown closer in the process of finding a solution, either the MC & Alice could have moved to Aunt Hailey's house with her, rather than leave her alone in that house, or the two could have moved together in an Apartment, possibly along with Leah & Melody, possibly Karina too. Either way the situation would have been moved on fluidly to normalize again rather than be turned into a crappy mess as in the last chapter.

Now the next time skip could have happened, you learn that the Dad & Brit broke up, Brit could have blamed the father for the fact her close relationship to her daughter took a serious hit, so it would have soured their relationship and led to them breaking up. At which point now the MC start to consider his future, now one of the connection between Alice and him is broken, namely the familial one, he start to think about his own future and doubt the sustainability of his relationship with his girlfriends, which would lead to him processing along with the help of the girls, ultimately leading to him making a choice between either of the girls, all of them or breaking up with all of them and the conclusion of the story.

This is what should have happened, taking the three crisis of the last chapter and giving each their own arc to solve said crisis, with the final crisis leading to the epilogues based on whom he decided to stay or beak up from. It would have been far less depressing than hammering the crisis and giving no respite or solution to any of them that really feel fluidly involved in the story. Doing things that way would have likely lead to a far more appreciable conclusion rather than this heavy handed chapter that just drive most readers into suffering a depressing time.

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes