PPLayer

May 18, 2018
everyone is talking or complaining about about the end in sight, the dad who is an asshole, the missing Hailey/Susan option on the end (myself included^^), the timejumps and/or rushed steps to the end ... but hey guess what? Nobody is talking about the elefant in the room ... (I just downloaded and played the update again to be double sure!) ...

There is not in single sex scene with anyone of the awesome girls in this update!

A couple nudes - just 5! - (from the past or imagination) and couple kisses - I counted 3 - ... that was all ... as far as I could see from the just 61 pictures of this update .... now I´m much more disappointed than before with this update (because of all what I said on the start of this post) ... what about you guys? I´m giving this update a 2 out of 10 - and this just because this awesome looking CGI of the girls!

How would you rate this update?

Last edited:
Reactions: Micha.el

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
everyone is talking or complaining about about to end in sight, the dad who is an asshole, the missing Hailey/Susan option on the end (myself included^^), the timejumps and/or rushed steps to the end ... but hey guess what? Nobody is talking about the elefant in the room ... (I just downloaded and played the update again to be double sure!) ...

There is not in single sex scene with anyone of the awesome girls in this update!

A couple nudes - just 5! - (from the past or imagination) and couple kisses - I counted 3 - ... that was all ... as far as I could see from the just 61 pictures of this update .... now I´m much more disappointed than before with this update (because off all what I said on the start of this post) ... what about you guys? I´m giving this update a 2 out of 10 - and this just because of this awesome looking CGI of the girls!

How would you rate this update?
My rate would be 6/10...it's good not like the others but i enjoyed anyway...i play this for the fluff and vanilla stuff, the sex is just a happy extra for me (same reason i play MyNewFamily btw)

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I see lot of complains about this update. Mainly

1) Rushed
2) No auntie ending.

Let´s talk about the second. No Auntie ending. May be I´m influenced by my gameplay, but I never had seen Auntie in the same bag that the 4 girsl. From my point of view she can be included as a + (or not) in the other lines, but the character it´s not important enought to deserve an ending on her own. And you can see it easily by the fact that she was not included in the trip to the beach. The trip to the beach is a pivoting event, when you see the group dinamic stablished and cemented. The Mc has a realtionship with the 4 girls, all of them know it, all of them accepted it, it´s on the open and it works. And the aunt it´s outside. Acepted, but in the margin.She is not "one of us" but "a friend of us".

And now we can go about the rushed subject. From my point of view it´s yes for "a bit", not for "a lot". We have two temporal jumps in the update. The short one (from the parents arrival to the start of college) and the long one, of some years in the future .

The short one it´s one that can be avoide. It´s the reason I say that this update feels "a bit" rushed. I can see perfecly that, in order to arrive to the point where this update goes, you get more content avoiding this leap and get developed instead in one update in two, may be three at most. But for me it´s a narrator´s choice. If they feel that can not show anything new or relevant for the story, it´s ok for me.

The second one it´s one that can not be avoided. Not unless you plan 47 more updates.

My compain its about the choices that you get for endings. You get 0,1 or 4. I can see the dificulty of giving us choices of 2 or 3. If you get the numbers, now we get 6 endigs and I´m asking for 16 diferent ones, if you count the possible combinations of two diferent girls, of tree girls. May be it´s too complex,
both from the narrative and the technical point of view. The ending I was hoping for was one with Alice and Melody, may be with Leah keeping a relation of friend with benefits with Allice (optional), and seems that this ending it´s out of the posibilities.

But I´m not asking to the developers adding to the six endigs they have planned all this endings

AM
AL
AK
ML
MK
LK
AML
AMK
AKL
MKL

Don´t seems reasonable to me.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
My two problems with the ending are using the father as a narrative device and the removal of player agency.

Taking the latter first: I understand that it is a fine balance to maintain in a VN between too many decisions and not enough. In my opinion this VN was doing a decent job of convincing me that I could determine the outcome of the story, that I could respond in conversations in various ways which increased the replay value. Much of the beginning of the game is spent responding in a "pacifist" or "perverted manner". Those choices determined how the story evolved, especially with regards to Susan (sub/dom). As the game continued there were less and less decisions that the player had control over until with the last update there was no option to try and be understanding or reveal your relationship with your step-sister/childhood friend to the parents or even just storm out and tell everyone to go to hell.

As to the first problem I mentioned: I feel that having the MC pick up a call from his dad and immediately tell him everything, considering how bad their relationship was in the past, is a ridiculous idea and makes the story feel rushed. We are to believe that the MC and his father haven't talked in years, prior to the severing of ties the father screwed the MC over, and they never liked talking to each other on the phone in the first place. Yet the dad calls up years later and the MC is going to share the details of his relationship(s) with him. Why? Beyond being a poor framing device for a rushed ending what reason would make the MC decide to suddenly have a conversation with his father about his (possibly formerly) polyamorous love life?

The relationship with the father should have been repaired over time, a phone conversation or two could have proceeded his arrival at the house where the father tries to reach out. Or some game time could have been spent with them getting to know each other in person. Instead we get "dad is acting different" then "house is being sold" and time skip to conversation with friends followed by time skip to talking to dad on the phone. It is a dissatisfying ending to what was a pretty solid game.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oh man... I really liked this game but this update was disappointing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well I guess there is one way the second timejump would make all the sense in the world and is not meant to be rushed. It just means that a lot of the success of end of game now rests upon those endings.

The timejump makes sense when based upon the ending you choose there will be quite a few differences in what happens in the missing time and that is shown in that endings episode. The fact each ending is a complete update also speaks for that. leaves also some option to do ending with one or two of the other women on the side as like in Alice route or Leah route there could be room for a Leah triangle.

MrFriendly, it is not impossible there will be some agency in those endings and even Father better explained, though yeah right now that phone-call is weird unless dad tells he is finally croaking and it will be last call. :p

If all endings would have same things happening during the jump it would have been better to just put it in this update instead as fluff for all the endings after you seen that period once.

Reactions: V.A. Laurie

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well I guess there is one way the second timejump would make all the sense in the world and is not meant to be rushed. It just means that a lot of the success of end of game now rests upon those endings.

The timejump makes sense when based upon the ending you choose there will be quite a few differences in what happens in the missing time and that is shown in that endings episode. The fact each ending is a complete update also speaks for that. leaves also some option to do ending with one or two of the other women on the side as like in Alice route or Leah route there could be room for a Leah triangle.

MrFriendly, it is not impossible there will be some agency in those endings and even Father better explained, though yeah right now that phone-call is weird unless dad tells he is finally croaking and it will be last call. :p

If all endings would have same things happening during the jump it would have been better to just put it in this update instead as fluff for all the endings after you seen that period once.
It is definitely a "wait and see" if they can fix this issue by including more agency and explaining the dad's call. However, the explanation for the friendliness to the dad should have been to the forefront.

When it comes to relationships it was disappointing that it was individuals or polyamorous or none. I could easily see Melody moving on or Karina never really being comfortable with the situation yet Alice/Leah/Hailey being a continued relationship. Or even a situation where you have terrible relationships with some of them because of a bad break up with one of them (say you are still with Melody and Hailey but Alice/Leah refuse to talk to you). Regardless, I don't feel we shall see any of those combinations explored in depth. Since we are sitting and waiting for final updates I doubt we are going to see a lot of game play with important decisions to make which help determine the outcome. I would love to be proven wrong though.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It is definitely a "wait and see" if they can fix this issue by including more agency and explaining the dad's call. However, the explanation for the friendliness to the dad should have been to the forefront.

When it comes to relationships it was disappointing that it was individuals or polyamorous or none. I could easily see Melody moving on or Karina never really being comfortable with the situation yet Alice/Leah/Hailey being a continued relationship. Or even a situation where you have terrible relationships with some of them because of a bad break up with one of them (say you are still with Melody and Hailey but Alice/Leah refuse to talk to you). Regardless, I don't feel we shall see any of those combinations explored in depth. Since we are sitting and waiting for final updates I doubt we are going to see a lot of game play with important decisions to make which help determine the outcome. I would love to be proven wrong though.
I do think that the choices you make in final episode per girl will be part of that and likely will contain both a single ending and/or a multi ending involving that girl that makes sense based on your choices. Just as I would not be surprised if the no girl ending will see you move in with the Aunt and then moving forward to how it ends up with all the girls as friends with benefits or totally different based upon the devs plans. Who knows he ends up with aunt and Alice's mom as his pets in that one. :p

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Okay so after thinking some more about this update with the 6 endings and that it doesn't include hailey at all which is a huge problem i have. I'm not going lie, I'm feeling some type of way about this update.

The 6 endings are:

1-Alice solo

2-Leah solo

3-Melody solo(looks like the endgame for my main now since i did prefer her over all of the other girls not including hailey)

4-No one route(which is actually a surprising but interesting choice selection though it could've easily been Hailey's ending instead since you know you wouldn't end up with any of them 4 if you chose her solo ending just saying)

5-Karina solo(which I find disappointing especially since u can pretty much avoid almost every scene with her but she still somehow has enough to be her own option).

6- Harem? I guess, i mean Hailey isn't important enough to have her own option but why not have this one after all instead. This is coming from a harem lover btw.

What an update man. My fictional Orgy fantasy was nearly shattered completely this update though without hailey it is. The Waifu doesn't even get a true ending of her own. My Melody x Hailey threesome dream i wanted to see is in flames and will never come to fruition. MCs Dad is being an asshole like usual.

Good god, man i tell you what, I'm taking My Eiffel Tower and I'm diving into The nearest hole named Niagara because i refuse to fall in with any of those other 4 endings. Those being 1,2,5, and 6 above. Also lets say if 6 did change to include hailey in the harem, if it's not a thing. That just tells me a few things. That she's somehow eligible to be an add on to the harem but not allowed to have her own ending with the mc for some weird reason. That just makes me not want it because it's basically saying it's fine to disregard her and that the other 4 options(which includes Karina of all people) are more important characters but she's only an afterthought in all of this. It would also say yeah, we could've gave her a solo route but we didn't have the time or desire so let's just throw her in the harem route ending.

The dad stuff was whatever for me. I'm not close at all with my dad irl either. If it was me, i would've just told him this is fine but also the end of our relationship for good and i don't want to ever talk to you again after this and moved on with my life.

Sometimes you just got to let go on certain aspects of your life and stop trying to change it or yourself to make it or them fit in perfect because you feel it'll make you the better person in the end. I know this sounds kind of ironic reading through this post but still a square doesn't fit in a circle for a reason. And since I'm thinking ahead sure technically a small square would fit in a large circle but you get the point, certain things aren't mean't to fit. I don't even hate my actual dad but am indifferent as hell towards him and nothing will ever change that for me.

I'll say this, the game still has me. I mean I've been playing for a long time so i want to see how it ends. That said, I'll unfortunately have say that the only endings I'm interested in with those current end game choices and my current info are Melody and the No one at all option. I'm genuinely disappointed in this game for basically straight up dismissing a character after what happened not only just last update but who was built up over several updates to be perceived as a potential love interest to only have her be tossed to the side with the very next update with some very weak, uncaring mentions from the MC.

I'm not a dev so i don't know how hard it would be to implement an extra option choice but she was a valid option that should've been included there. I'm not even mad about not having different combinations of pairings with each girl but was a 7th option as a solo ending really that difficult to make. If a no one option and even a karina solo option is possible then why would a Hailey solo ending be deemed impossible in this scenario even from a plot perspective?

If you can be with no one at all then why couldn't Hailey be an option through that choice or instead of that choice. It's not like I or anyone else, for the most part, are asking for something like say Sisterly Lust with a whole bunch of different variables and possible route combinations. How hard would it have really been have her as an option?

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Again for the people defending, MOST of us understand that the "choices" at the end are filler placeholders for real endings that will happen (1 ending per update)... But they arent "so we lived happily ever after" type endings, they MAY go into the future and not only be flashbacks, but we dont know. As of right now they seem like they will be more "let me explain to you the stuff that happened during the timeskip we did"... That's whats annoying people.

Not only that, as a timeskip had to happen, very few games end without some sort of timeskip... even Sisterly Lust which crafted a near perfect polyamory ending with about 20 different women (or at least 1) depending on choices, did a small timeskip to show them pregnant during the epilogue.

The thing is like Lady Lydia explained very eloquently, this felt like it crammed 3 arcs that could have gotten us better prepared for the ending into a tiny mini arc... It also spat all over Hailey's arc... which had a build-up, it had its climax, but it didnt have its wind-down like the other girls did (minus Karina, but who cares about her)... instead we go from Climax to Abort Mission with Hailey...

Last thing, am I the only one that found the first or second line from the dad in the last phone conversation in poor taste ? He calls years after fucking the MC over and right after saying hello he says "Hey remember that time I sold my home, kicked you out and you got mad"... WTF ?!?! How the MC didnt hang up the phone right then and there is a mystery to me... thats the equivalent of your ex-wife's new husband calling you and saying:

"Hey remember that one time I stuck my tiny dick in in your wife and she left you right after ? ohh wait you got there after I was done filling her up with my jizz lol, so how you been man?

And then you still continuing the convo rather than hanging up on his dumb ass... "Life's been rough since we broke up, here let me tell you about my sorrows"... I mean wtf...

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
I will make my best to let the fan outside of it and put some thoughs about someone which played the project more times than one hand could count.

For references of adult games, I generally return to Dreams of Desire because I have the opinion that that game was probably one of the best games that I ever played, and when I started the game it was already finished.

The choices for Dreams of Desire were subtle - some of them defied the common-sense of the games and there weren't any kind of specific tip between them - you just needed to make a choice like to put a spell on the mind of a certain character and you automatically was on her good path or the bad path, and I'm talking about early in-game build, like 2nd or 3rd update.

While could be frustrating for some, it potentially add some replay over it. On Freeloading Family wasn't like that. At first we had the Perversion and the Pacifism path, which was pretty cool to have some funny dialogues and renders, but we also had extra points, like Alice dating system, the Ass Points (which I honestly never get any scenes, but that's okay - not a big fan of anal anyway), and now we had the Overall dating system, which I think that since the Beach Holiday it's happening. Three systems, which eventually turned into one while the update rolled out.

I'm not here to discuss the technically of the systems, that's pretty personal, and I'm not here to say that how I could do better or something like that, that's disrespectful IMO, but looking from outside, but when we think on Freeloading Family, we basically can think on three big qualities - beautiful girls, humor and good vibes story with a little bit of drama .

I remember when I was playing Chrono Trigger at first - It was a game which I never wanted to end, but that could be naive for me to think, and we're talking about Squaresoft, a biggest studio with basically infinite resources on that time.

I think that, eventually, I started to think that maybe Freeloading Family would be basically the same, but as I said, that could be naive but since Val said on twitter on the past year that the game would be finished this year (yeah, I remember), I was preparing myself to this day - and eventually it came.

What I wasn't expecting is that the things would happen too fast - two days ago I was wondering if MC's Father and Alice's Mother would have a baby or something and how weird would be for Alice and MC to hide their relationship while the parents are on the house, and then yesterday I realized that the story that I loved was coming to an end .

I'm not sure if Val made that thing consciently, but Alice's reaction on the dinner was the reaction that most of the fanbase probably had during the gameplay, while I had the reaction of the MC during the talk of with the father - Disbelief, Sadness and eventually (I hope) acceptance.

I can understand that some people could think that the ending could be rushed, even I personally don't think on that - as I said yesterday, Sisterly Lust had 21 updates, and a small 1.0 that wrapped up the content .

On the practical size, it's easy to think that MC, Alice, Leah, Melody, Susan, Hailey, Karina and all the side characters aren't real people - they could have some references of the lives of FFC and Val, but they aren't real people - they never were, they never lived on the same world that we live. But it's hard to say that when we consider the engagement on the story that we had so far - only heartless people would think on that.

But hey - it's better than make the story repeat itself again and again, right? I mean, while I liked the beach holiday, it was the honeymoon update all over again in a some way or another. If the story would be progressing in the way that I originally thought it would be - the parents at home and Alice and MC trying to hide their relationship, it would be Hailey Arriving update all over again. If they ever return at the college, it would probably be the setting of the beginning of the game all over again - but without Susan, the main source of the conflict on the beginning of the game all over again too.

So, rationally speaking, it's okay to the game come to an end now, even we eagering for more Alice, Leah, Melody, Hailey and Karina content.

As some people said, The time isn't a Plane Circle, the Time is a River.

*Originally posted on FFHub's Discord.

Reactions: offset8 and dud9999
3.90 star(s) 181 Votes