huhula

Oct 1, 2017
No aunt's ending and more of her contents at the expense of other characters? The game has been redeemed, I will be able to return to the game again. Thanks to the developers :)

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
I suspect he means, ONLY Alice + Leah
Yup - that's what I was referring to. Alice & Leah were girlfriends already and invited MC into that relationship. Would actually make more sense than solo Leah.

Happy that the harem option appears to be there but 4 * solo's + Alice/Leah + harem endings would seem more natural.

Apr 2, 2019
I think it would be required to have the Harem ending.
For me..nope..never..
When does the whole thing start to collapse and the friendships break up?

My assumptions to this would be..
  1. Karina...a short time maybe. but not too long because she loves MC holeheartly but at least she can't stand about that situation and she is leaves the group with a broken heart.
  2. Leah...follows right after her because she don't want to lose her sister
  3. Alice...her decision depends on her stronger feelings about Leah and/or MC
  4. Mel...beside her pranks.. i really don't know

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
After playing through this I wouldn't pick that last option of ending it with all the girls still I like forward to seeing all the individual endings especially Alice and Leah's endings. Shame there was no option with the Aunt.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Another issue I have with story at this point is how 2 out of the 4 main girls are effectively poorly fleshed out in term of character development, frankly the 3 girls that are the most fleshed out in the game are Alice, Leah & Hailey, Mel & Karina are actually not properly fleshed out and frankly each of them would have needed one arc to properly flesh out to make the fact they are options at the end to go solo with make sense.

Now here is the deal Alice is obviously the best fleshed out girl of all, she has been there from the start and you had some crisis to resolve with her, so frankly the notion you wouldn't end with her is pretty ridiculous all things considered, you have a stronger relationship with her than anyone else short of Aunt Hailey. Now Leah you helped her thru 2 crisis, first the Susan crisis than the be the pretend not so pretend boyfriend for the parents to meet, those helped fleshing her out and creating stronger emotional ties with her, now she is really close bound to Alice, pretty much in love actually, frankly one of the ending options if anything should have been Alice & Leah + the MC, as it would have been far more sensible an option to being solo with either Mel or Karina. Next you have Aunt Hailey, well you had 3 different crisis involving her, first your uncle's death, your secret relationship with Alice, and last her house being broken in, all those actually fleshed her out very well and even if she appeared late in the story made her a significantly more fleshed out character to anyone short of Alice, she should have absolutely been a ending option, far more than Karina or Mel at this point.

As for Karina & Mel, the problem is each lacked a deeper emotional attachment form from a crisis, neither of those girls were in a dramatic situation that the MC helped solve, Karina is a young inexperienced minx, while she seem to be growing at the end in love with the MC it feel like their is little in term of emotional development on the part of the MC to really justify that pairing only with her, a crisis would have absolutely helped providing the root for a stronger relationship that could have made that option work, for example her parents discovering he is dating both daughters, now that would have created a nice little explosion that could have by its resolved time helped create some strong ties between Karina & the MC, it could also have led to another stronger crisis on Leah's part as well fleshing her out to the level of Alice & Hailey, possibly having Leah reveal she is dating a girl as well.

Also for Mel really except the fact she is crazy exhibitionist druggie, she also isn't really fleshed out all that much again their isn't really any significant emotional development to properly tie her up to the MC, she would have needed a crisis of her own to make her work as solo option really, something like discovering that Mel's mom is suffering from a disease, so its why she seemingly is never around to work at the Coffee Shop with the MC, or the shop is endangered and the shop might close, now either way or Hell both ways could have helped the MC form some strong ties to Mel that would have justified having a solo ending with her, otherwise it doesn't really make sense.

Now currently with what we have in term of character emotional development, frankly the ending options should rather be this: Alice Solo, Alice & Leah, Aunt Hailey or Harem. Frankly Karina & Mel aren't fleshed up enough as is to have their own ending, the only ending that make sense is with them in the Harem, nothing else really make sense. Now Alice Solo would work fine due to the fact she is one of the two most fleshed out characters in the story, similarly ending with Aunt Hailey Solo would actually sort of made sense, if things went that way you could have Alice & Leah being together on their own and it would have made things pretty nice at the end too. Now the Alice & Leah + MC is the best option frankly if you don't want to go Harem, because Alice & Leah were already dating and close together before the MC came in the picture, they basically had him join their relationship, so it make sense that in the long term the three stick together, more than Alice Solo frankly, and I don't think Leah Solo really make sense compared to Alice & Leah being with the MC. Obviously you than have the Harem option, which would be for the MC to keep all the girls, including Hailey, also possibly with a side of Susan, I mean seriously its the dream of every guys on Earth to have a Harem, so the notion the MC wouldn't entertain that idea above all is a bit out of character.

The Break Up option actually feel more like that fourth option they added to Mass Effect 3, you know the fuck you all for complaining the assholes at Bioware & EA gave us, WHY would you ever chose that option? After an entire story of character development and emotional development, with a freaking Harem possibility, why chose Break Up? The only way the Break Up option would make sense is if the Harem ending wasn't possible, so the MC could chose to chose no one to avoid turning the girls against each others, he decide to effectively break up with all of them, but you know still sleep with them time to time without committing to a relationship with any of them.

So yea the current ending selection need a significant redo if more character development isn't going to be added, if a character emotional development arc isn't added for Karina & Mel they need to be removed for options to go Solo, and frankly the notion the MC would go Leah Solo and not Alice & Leah is crazy, so yea that needs to be changed. As I said Alice, Alice & Leah, Aunt Hailey and the Harem are the only 4 viable ending to the story without more character emotional development for Leah, Karina & Mel, it would require significant development for the last two in particular for them to go Solo with the MC to feel like a satisfactory ending.

WINTEX

May 26, 2017
Ok, I should say that I was reading your crying about absence of Aunt's ending for two days in a row. Seriously, maybe we should stop it already? V.A. Laurie promised that she'd be in Harem ending. And 99 persent of the players would anyway choose Harem ending. 99 persent of 1 persent left would choose Alice ending. There is also Melody, Karina and Leah endings. So Aunt's ending is really only for THAT small part of players.
Anyway, there is no future for Hailey and MC, as they have 20 years of age difference, if he'll make her pregnant now, the time theirs child would be 20(the same age as MC right now) , she'd be 60. I know there is a lot of beautiful women in 50 right now, most of the Hollywood stars are, but the problem is, that I really can't find any women of 60 years old to be pretty enough. They have maximum 10-15 years together, so the only option for them to be a couple, is for MC to be in relationship with somebody else.
I'm not saying that she's not girlfriend material, I'm just saying that they just don't have enough time to be a normal family.

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
Ok, I should say that I was reading your crying about absence of Aunt's ending for two days in a row. Seriously, maybe we should stop it already? V.A. Laurie promised that she'd be in Harem ending. And 99 persent of the players would anyway choose Harem ending. 99 persent of 1 persent left would choose Alice ending. There is also Melody, Karina and Leah endings. So Aunt's ending is really only for THAT small part of players.
Anyway, there is no future for Hailey and MC, as they have 20 years of age difference, if he'll make her pregnant now, the time theirs child would be 20(the same age as MC right now) , she'd be 60. I know there is a lot of beautiful women in 50 right now, most of the Hollywood stars are, but the problem is, that I really can't find any women of 60 years old to be pretty enough. They have maximum 10-15 years together, so the only option for them to be a couple, is for MC to be in relationship with somebody else.
I'm not saying that she's not girlfriend material, I'm just saying that they just don't have enough time to be a normal family.
Wow, I wasn't expecting such ageism.

WINTEX

May 26, 2017
Wow, I wasn't expecting such ageism.
Its not ageism its just reality. In 10 years she'll have menopause, from person to person consequence are different, some women start wanting to have sex more, other don't want to have it at all.
She gets old and at some point MC might stop wanting her at all. That's really a problem. Even in harem route its is a problem, as in 20 years all the girls would become the MILFS just as Hailey right now, even Karina, but Hailey just cant be as attractive, so questions like "why are you're giving me less attention" might and WOULD rise. And it would be OK, if she'd stay as understandable as we see her right now, but what if?
Age really matters. Alexander Pushkin has great poem on this matter. Its really famous, but you probably heard only first part of it:
1588787264848.png

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
Its not ageism its just reality. In 10 years she'll have menopause, from person to person consequence are different, some women start wanting to have sex more, other don't want to have it at all.
She gets old and at some point MC might stop wanting her at all. That's really a problem. Even in harem route its is a problem, as in 20 years all the girls would become the MILFS just as Hailey right now, even Karina, but Hailey just cant be as attractive
Don't try to deny it, that's blatant ageism. On top of that, you can say that for all of them. Nothing's stopping the MC from changing his mind about any of the girls at any point. If appearance is the most important thing in a relationship for someone they wouldn't even bother getting into relationships.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
She gets old and at some point MC might stop wanting her at all. That's really a problem. Even in harem route its is a problem, as in 20 years all the girls would become the MILFS just as Hailey right now, even Karina, but Hailey just cant be as attractive, so questions like "why are you're giving me less attention" might and WOULD rise. And it would be OK, if she'd stay as understandable as we see her right now, but what if?
Age really matters. Alexander Pushkin has great poem on this matter. Its really famous, but you probably heard only first part of it:
Long term relationships are based on a lot more than how attractive someone is. That said, I don't think Hailey would want kids and besides that we don't even know that Hailey would want a long term relationship either. Wasn't she drinking because of her ex? She is probably done with serious romantic relationships.

• Angry
Reactions: Frank01

Argrond

Mar 21, 2019
I cannot say I'm disappointed, but for some reason this does not really feel as a good end of the game to me. It reminds me a little bit about those animes and mangas I've seen and read before, they had a great plot, storyflow and a potential to progress further, but for some reason (lack of funds, creators' losing interest, run out of ideas of how to progress, have another priority projects etc) quickly and unnaturally scattered to a rushed ending. The real deal with Hailey has only started, the relationships with all the girls were on their logical progress flow, there were tons of ways of how to make an interesting continuation - the work, the college, more activities, mischiefs and so on... but in the end, there is this "father arrives and dooms this game for good". Kinda feels odd and highly unnatural, like his arrival and behavior in the game itself.

I know there will be those really nice, juicy endings, and really like to see them all (and maybe replay the whole game some times from the beginning, why not?), but playing those from the retrospective feels like the movie is over and there will be just credits and behind the scenes episodes instead of the actual movie.

Still, I'm very grateful for creators for making this game for so long and this far (little of VNs last this long and have this level of quality in almost every aspect), hope your next project (if you plan to do any) will be as good! I'll definitely support you when I can afford it, you've totally earned it. ^^

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
I'm happy I get my Alice ending but disappointed Hailey is being ignored so much Alice and the MC should have moved in with her. Also disappointed with the time skips. The ending just felt like it came out of nowhere we didn't even get a chance to choose a girl and build a proper relationship with her unless the endings are really long and not just 5 minutes of rushed content just to get the game finished.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
I'm happy I get my Alice ending but disappointed Hailey is being ignored so much Alice and the MC should have moved in with her. Also disappointed with the time skips. The ending just felt like it came out of nowhere we didn't even get a chance to choose a girl and build a proper relationship with her unless the endings are really long and not just 5 minutes of rushed content just to get the game finished.
I agree!!
Sounds ALOT like a Major F*cking Cop-Out!!
You get Us all Vested in The "New" Non-drinking Hailey (those of US who Like her).
"Mommy & Daddy" return Home and announce They Want to sell Home.
Eccentually, Kicking Hailey to the Curb like she was Trash!!
Who would Treat Their Family Like This??

Reactions: Captain Kirk
3.90 star(s) 181 Votes