ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i don't understand you na sayers ... the game has no ending yet ... where do you come up with that it has an ending ???? when it clearly does not .. as i remember you have a final choice to make at the end of this update .. how is that an ending ????

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well, that escalated quickly.
That is brasil, my uncle is from a older generation, even i grew up being beaten, not spanked, beating, like piece of wood to the butt and back, or cloth hangers being thrown at me, and most people at the time didn't bat an eye.
Hopefully it changed by now.

Ysbald

Nov 1, 2018
i don't understand you na sayers ... the game has no ending yet ... where do you come up with that it has an ending ???? when it clearly does not .. as i remember you have a final choice to make at the end of this update .. how is that an ending ????

The game clearly announces its end. For the dev who announces it is not the end there are still 6 updates at least planned. It is sure for them there is still work, for the players it will be just different ends.
With all the characters who jump on the MC, we are still forced to make choices, and even ignore some. it was already sure that he was going to shoot himself in the foot to propose ends compatible with all possible combinations.

I have no problems with the start of this update. the thing that annoys me the most is just after the father's reaction to the dinner ("I think about what you just say ...") a timelapse arrives and no, zero change from the father even minimal, MC and Alice who don't even go temporarily to the aunt and then second timelapse. the MC discusses with his father: hey son do you remember when I came and I sold the house? Who could have said that it was a mistake lol ..... and then the MC tells him quietly how he continued his life and ... choose your ending (not implemented ... lol) nice way to simplify the different chosen or ignored relationships

This update clearly leaves an aftertaste of anger with zero lewd content.

And if the antagonist in your story does that, why still bother talking to him?

For those who have played Acting Lessons, would you go and have a chat with the crazy antagonist?

on the other side, it must be very sad for VA Laurie to see that her work is badly received. But I wonder, you must have suspected? no ?

Edit :

not to mention that if we had treated the arc of redemption of the ex prof and the burglary of the aunt in linear updates (and not in possible ending) it would already go much better, as well as the emancipation of Karina

For me I wait to see the end Harem but WITHOUT the aunt, but clearly my interest in the game has practically disappeared

Last edited:

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
as i remember you have a final choice to make at the end of this update .. how is that an ending ????
The key word there is final. If you thought about what you were writing for a second you would have realised that. It went from what should have been the middle of the story, and certainly felt like it, straight jump-cut to "much, much later..." where you're presented with a final choice which is presumably going to be a relatively short retrospective on whatever you chose right before the end credits roll. It's an ending which smacks you in the face with how sudden and completely out of left field it is, and doesn't even exist. It's a multiple choice where every choice leads to **not yet implemented**

• Angry
Reactions: smuk and ImperialD

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah this ending for this update really confused and kinda upset me a bit. It was like one sec we talking about moving and I figured oh this is the next story arc and maybe MC and alice get a new place and permanently disconnect from the parents, but then, time skip and I was genuinely confused, like what happened with the whole thing of finding a new place? Then I see that Alice and MC not moving in together, and I was genuinely shocked, like I was wondering did I make a wrong choice somewhere or did I not have enough points with her to move in together? Then there is the whole aunt and robbery story it just felt like it was dropped flat. I mean seriously you introduce this part of the story that could have major consequences, especially depending on how your character deals with it, giving room for more player option, but all of that is just wasted when the story is dropped, like not even a mention of it after. You could have had like a bit of mystery going on where MC and friends try to find out who the burglar was and maybe make MC the hero (cliche I know, but at least it is more interesting than what we got) and see how it affects the aunt if she chooses to stay in her grief or use this opportunity to let go of her old life with most of the stuff gone and move on, both literally and figuratively. It could have been that she decides to sell the house and find somewhere with MC and Alice depending on the choices you make which would tie in to the moving story arc.

Like other before I also agree that there should be more development between Leah and MC in terms of relationship, as well as Karina and the implications of them both liking the same guy. But, we didn't get any of that which is why I think most people are dissatisfied, it feels very much rushed, like we didn't get to see the natural progression of the story given the pace that set before this update. Timeskips can work but only if done at the appropriate time and pacing with the story, a good example being Sisterly Lust. It did 2 timeskips I believe and they both worked excellently and incorporated basically every decision the player maed. Just hoping that the dev can find someway to either fix this or redo it (hell I'd be ok with a do over).

One last thing after all that the father has done WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE TELLING OUR IMPORTANT LIFE DECISION TO HIM!!! Out of all the people it just seems weird to be telling this to him at that point.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Dev please give us back our one and only HAILEY
But please only optionally and not mandatorily. There are still some here who abide the rule "New is always better". ;)

Reactions: huhula

Xazz

Jun 14, 2017
Several pages of this here already. It's only us all then...:sneaky:
P.S. 26 number is very ironic here, kinda reminds me of this a little. XD
That image is honestly intepreting the last updates very accurately.
Why tf would he rush to a shitty ending after 3years of hard work 1588966479975.png

Reactions: TripleTroll

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
I appreciate all of this feedback. Keep it coming, please! Good or bad, happy or sad, angry or confused, whatever you're feeling, let me know!
the writing have been really good for the most part, its the rushing and neglect of entire plotlines/events that is the problem. i dont know what you have planned but as i said earlier, its borderline game of thrones.. you have an amazing buildup and just throws everything on the floor by rushing and ignoring/neglecting major plotlines.. there was many interesting plotlines/events and several completly unexpected (for me atleast) events, like the susan thing(which BTW was very cleaverly done) but thats leaves a major plothole...i been cursing the fact that i was forced to frame her in the beginning and finaly i have a chance to make things good with her, and then BAMM end. makes absolutly no sense, same with several other plots/events its like they never happened. i hope i am able to make you understand that i really liked the game all up to this very point, its really good writeing, funny, engaging,emotional and damm hot. i laughed, i cryed and i got turned on.

Xazz

Jun 14, 2017
The hole timeskip feels awful and just made me lose the interest i had on the story.Felt completely disconnected from all the story building into it.
Also with the last update the dev just brusted off the aunt and the teacher character, like all that story built up went for nothing.A good idea for the story continuation would be if the aunt helped them when they moved out. The aunt character wasnt even mentioned lmao.
What the lastest update feels like is that the MC just had an existential crisis about his future and then the game ended.Thats it.

Reactions: TripleTroll

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I appreciate all of this feedback. Keep it coming, please! Good or bad, happy or sad, angry or confused, whatever you're feeling, let me know!
V.A. Laurie , I think the reason there is so much passion here is because we all love Freeloading Family so intensely. You have done such a good job telling your story that we all want to see it end in a pleasing way. I've been playing it for years and have anxiously awaited each update. I've loved how the relationships between each of the characters have developed. The dialog is excellent, and the story and renders are great too. I'm not telling you how to tell you story, I think devs should stick to their guns with the story they want to tell. A game run by committee or by votes of the fans would not be very good. Plus you can never please everyone. I do not take issue with anything you've done in the story in the past and even up until now. It's just that the arrival of the ending was so sudden and seems like it left off a lot of the story I personally really wanted to see. I don't think there is any other way to see the large time jumps as unexpected and jarring. If you feel strongly about the way you want to end things and the speed you want to do it, it's your game. But maybe think about what alot of us here are saying and consider, if maybe you were a bit too hasty in wrapping everything up to keep much of you fan base happy. I'm not giving up on FF, I still want to see what happens because I do care about the story you are telling, and even if the ending seems rushed, it doesn't change that FF has been, up to now, one of the best games here in my opinion.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
V.A. Laurie , I think the reason there is so much passion here is because we all love Freeloading Family so intensely. You have done such a good job telling your story that we all want to see it end in a pleasing way. I've been playing it for years and have anxiously awaited each update. I've loved how the relationships between each of the characters have developed. The dialog is excellent, and the story and renders are great too. I'm not telling you how to tell you story, I think devs should stick to their guns with the story they want to tell. A game run by committee or by votes of the fans would not be very good. Plus you can never please everyone. I do not take issue with anything you've done in the story in the past and even up until now. It's just that the arrival of the ending was so sudden and seems like it left off a lot of the story I personally really wanted to see. I don't think there is any other way to see the large time jumps as unexpected and jarring. If you feel strongly about the way you want to end things and the speed you want to do it, it's your game. But maybe think about what alot of us here are saying and consider, if maybe you were a bit too hasty in wrapping everything up to keep much of you fan base happy. I'm not giving up on FF, I still want to see what happens because I do care about the story you are telling, and even if the ending seems rushed, it doesn't change that FF has been, up to now, one of the best games here in my opinion.
I get that the time jumps are jarring and that seeing the word "ending" being used can be upsetting.

But the important factor to consider is that even if the endings may largely revolve around individual girls, there is so much more story to be told in each one of them. A lot of the questions that have been asked in the last few days are going to be addressed, and some may not. Ultimately, with at least six more chapters to come, the time jumps will make sense, and it won't feel like anything was rushed once you can all see what is planned.

I love this game, these characters, and absolutely love the fans.

I'm not trying to do you dirty. I'm trying to give you guys something wonderful. I hope you enjoy it

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I get that the time jumps are jarring and that seeing the word "ending" being used can be upsetting.

But the important factor to consider is that even if the endings may largely revolve around individual girls, there is so much more story to be told in each one of them. A lot of the questions that have been asked in the last few days are going to be addressed, and some may not. Ultimately, with at least six more chapters to come, the time jumps will make sense, and it won't feel like anything was rushed once you can all see what is planned.

I love this game, these characters, and absolutely love the fans.

I'm not trying to do you dirty. I'm trying to give you guys something wonderful. I hope you enjoy it
First I want to say that I really enjoyed this story and the way is was presented. I don't know if you saw my previous post about the ending. What I am saying (and what I think most of the other posters are saying is that the last update was so different from the previous updates that it did not really seem to be a part of the story that was being told. It differed so much that it took us by surprise. I (We) knew that the game was approaching the ending, but it was just so abrupt that it surprised us. (Freaked us out, even). That is why there were so many discussions / complaints / objections to the way the ending was presented.

But it is your story. You write it as you want. I (We) really just wanted you to not rush the ending. I (We) wanted you to end the story in the same way you were telling it the whole time. This abrupt ending is only making me (and probably the other posters) think that you are tired of this story and want to end it as quickly as you could so you could go do something else, when the ending you presented only suggested several things you could have done instead.

In my previous post, I mentioned that you should have / could have transitioned it a little better, like to have father and / or mother actually help the MC and Sister find another place to live, actually helping the MC and sister. But what you presented was kind of a major departure from the actual story's progression. Some complaints even suggested giving the money paid to the father back to the MC to help find a decent place to live.

In retrospect, the ending you presented actually gave some clues to a couple hundred pages you could have created instead to end the story.

Oh well. I guess we are going to have to be satisfied with the ending you presented. Of course, I guess you could still change your mind and your story. but I doubt it will happen.

Thank you for the wonderful story (up to the ending).

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes