P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
Was one of my top 10 games on F95 - but sadly fallen out at the end:

(1) as mentioned before, Alice & Leah have fun together with MC - but now forced to accept at least Melody & Karina if you don't want a solo girl
(2) took a few releases to set up & have sex with Hailey - then seemingly forgotten, when as others have said the MC and/or Alice could have moved in with her at least
(3) set up a side story with Susan which alienates the MC with the others & promptly disappears
(4) very limited sexual content with Karina yet you get the option to pick her

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
My game is breaking everytime the father speaks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I checked the chapter selection with no patch included and it still breakes any idea?
Ayhsel, I had that error with the Ren'Py Transparent Text mod. v2.4.12 is working fine however, only newer versions are affected.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Ayhsel, I had that error with the Ren'Py Transparent Text mod. v2.4.12 is working fine however, only newer versions are affected.
Ahh so that was the culprit! Good to know for future references. I could not figure out why it worked now and did not the day before yesterday!

jonahmonah

Dec 20, 2019
OK I finally finished the game (again) to the end of this latest update, after the ending of the previous one I kinda felt the end was close. For some reason I got the feeling there was a change in the direction of the game, maybe I am wrong.
If there has been a 'team of developers' working on this rather than one individual I get the feeling that members of the team started to pull in different directions. It reminded me of some of the rock bands I have followed over the years where changes of musical direction led to disenchantment and eventual parting of the ways. Now I am pretty sure that given the choice between a rushed ending or a total game abandonment most, if not all,
would choose the former. I surely would. Yes there are still a lot of avenues that could have been explored but after 3 years or more the enthusiasm is probably not as great now as it was when this project started. People and circumstances change so I would just say thank you to the devs for giving me an excellent game and also (hopefully) a conclusion of sorts.

Reactions: V.A. Laurie

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
V.A. Laurie after reading the thread the last couple days i figure it is best to just straight out ask you why wasnt the last major plot point addressed before the final time jump? I mean you addressed the reason for the dads return but not what happened to MC/Alice in regards to getting basically kicked out. That to me is the biggest issue with the update, it was touched minorly with the first jump but never really addressed which is why the last jump seems to be so abrupt. Thank you.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
IMO the second time jump makes more sense than the first. I for one was really looking forward to that talk that the MC and Alice were scheduled to have after the parents went to sleep the very first day they came back and feel deprived that it was skipped. As for the second time jump, I feel like it's obvious that the endings will be told in flashback while talking to the dad (because apparently "being over it" = "it's forgiven") and that is not a bad way to do it, if you disregard the total randomness of the dad calling to reconnect what I believe is five to ten years later.

Reactions: Jace325

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
IMO the second time jump makes more sense than the first. I for one was really looking forward to that talk that the MC and Alice were scheduled to have after the parents went to sleep the very first day they came back and feel deprived that it was skipped. As for the second time jump, I feel like it's obvious that the endings will be told in flashback while talking to the dad (because apparently "being over it" = "it's forgiven") and that is not a bad way to do it, if you disregard the total randomness of the dad calling to reconnect what I believe is five to ten years later.
I agree with that. If the talk had occurred and MC/Alice decided to say talk the situation out with the rest of the group about what to do and then the jumps happening I can see the whole housing situation being left open to each individual ending. The way it is now it just feels like it was brushed past or rushed to get to the choose your ending as there is no kind of attempt to partially or fully resolve/explain what happened after that at all.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Okay, either you are not familiar with The Visit or I haven't made my point clear. So, for the non-initiated, Stiglet's game is in the same situation. The main story was finished and we received the bad end and there were four (now five) endings left to do with are to be released across four (now five) updates.

First we had complaints that the game is completed and people did not get their desired end (because the game is not completed and your preferred ending is not implemented yet), then after each update (two of five at present) we get complaints that the update did not add anything (because you are on the wrong path and did not bother to read what's in the update) or just stupid questions which girl is featuring in the update (HALEY! It was mentioned 50 times one page ago!). Sounds like a familiar and possible scenario for this game?
Alright so I think you are the one that don't get my point, I know their are 6 updates left at least based on the 6 options available at the end, most of my argumentation however went toward the fact that first the pace in the Chapter 26 was far too hasty and didn't process any of the crisis involved in at all and effectively time skipping over them, now while some aspect of that might be solved the problem remain that we are asked to make a decision with a significantly limited amount of information, as I stated Karina & Mel are very poorly fleshed out, both would have needed some personal crisis to help create stronger ties to the MC, but with that not being the case frankly they don't deserve to have their own Solo ending.

Leah is a bit better but frankly I don't see her with the MC Solo rather than in a Threesome with Alice and the MC, she was already with Alice before they had the MC sort of join in their couple, now the way the endings are presented her ending is meant to be MC & her only, not her, Alice & MC together.

My point was even if they do flesh things out in the ending it will be passed the point where we as reader / gamer had to take the decision to choose one of them, which mean that in the chronological order of the story it doesn't really make sense to make that decision without foresight already into that ending, meaning you'd have to choose the ending to get the development that should have influenced you to take said path, which doesn't make sense.

Also I do know The Visit and The Visit doesn't suffer from the same issue this story did, namely a far too hasty last leg to the story, its not like you didn't had a crisis with all 3 of the main girls if not more which contributed to creating stronger ties between the MC and the girls, at the point of going for the ending choice you had effectively reached a point where you had developed strong emotional ties potentially with all 3 of the girls. Which isn't the case with this game, at the point we are asked to choose we have effectively no ties to 2 out of the 4 main younger girls, its a major issue when it come to pick the as it invalidate them as viable option for 99% of the players.

I know that 99% of the people playing this are going to go for the Harem ending as someone mention it doesn't mean you need to just ignore the other options if you are going to bother putting them in, either do it well or don't do it at all, that is my point. Also I argued that Aunt Hailey deserved her own Solo ending option if anything because she is a stronger contender for the MC's heart as is than Karina or Mel.

Reactions: over the edge

kakashi_551

Jan 12, 2019
I still wish there will be a way to get rid of this annoying Karina as early as possible. I mean, I did all I could to keep her at distance. And still the story makes her someone I would take into consideration mandatorily. I preferred a harem consisting of Alice, Melody and Leah - and nobody else added by the story even though she has only 2 points, where I even do not know where I got them from. Compared to the 9 points Alice has they should tell the game mechanics that I am not at all interested in her.
I know, that it would mean much more render work, and that it most probably won't happen due to this. But I am still hoping for an ending I wanted during playing, and not one that I have to take.
Same it would really suck if people miss out on a possible harem ending because some people decided to avoid Karina.

Reactions: over the edge

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
honestly, i have NEVER been more disapointed with and end to a game... this is borderline as bad as game of fucking thrones.... so many plot lines/ buildups either totaly ignored or severly neglegted.. and all of the endnings are not in the game, not even one (might be a bug for me, i dont know, it makes absolutly no sense to end the game, without showing even one of the possible endings so i am not 100% sure its not a bug on my part) even my girlfriends amnesia or lancaster bording house wasent as sudden and forced as this one.. just WTF!

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
honestly, i have NEVER been more disapointed with and end to a game... this is borderline as bad as game of fucking thrones.... so many plot lines/ buildups either totaly ignored or severly neglegted.. and all of the endnings are not in the game, not even one (might be a bug for me, i dont know, it makes absolutly no sense to end the game, without showing even one of the possible endings so i am not 100% sure its not a bug on my part) even my girlfriends amnesia or lancaster bording house wasent as sudden and forced as this one.. just WTF!
ending ????? not even

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes