Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Says the tiny ginger dyke from Wales! :ROFLMAO:
and when Ava tells people they overdramatic, you can bet all Melody renders from your stash that she's right...
I'm getting a tiny hint that you guys think that maybe, just maybe, I too get a little bit overdramatic once in a blue moon on very rare occasions.

ICTOAUN

May 19, 2018
What you're doing is like going to a barbecue and complaining that your burger is raw when you grabbed it off the grill instead of letting the cook finish.
Not really. To expand on your metaphor, it's more like you saw the cook set up quality ingredients and condiments. Everything you could possibly need to make an excellent burger. You look away for a second, and next thing you know there's a burger on your plate. You pick it up, and juices ooze all over your fingers but you tell yourself that perhaps the burger is just really rare. But then you notice that the burger is also cold, and realize that during all this time the grill was never fired up...

Now you haven't bit into the burger yet, but it doesn't take a genius to know that you're just holding raw meat between two buns.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Betrayed? :WaitWhat:

Reviews go in the review area, not the discussion area. Click the stars at the top of the page.

About the ending, and "I get slapped in the face with an ending sequence but not even the satisfaction of an ending. " - the endings aren't done yet. What you're doing is like going to a barbecue and complaining that your burger is raw when you grabbed it off the grill instead of letting the cook finish.
Reminds me of this that last bit

its-fucking-raw-5aaf80.jpg

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I'm getting a tiny hint that you guys think that maybe, just maybe, I too get a little bit overdramatic once in a blue moon on very rare occasions.
:ROFLMAO:

I'm not saying I mind!

Not really. To expand on your metaphor, it's more like you saw the cook set up quality ingredients and condiments. Everything you could possibly need to make an excellent burger. You look away for a second, and next thing you know there's a burger on your plate. You pick it up, and juices ooze all over your fingers but you tell yourself that perhaps the burger is just really rare. But then you notice that the burger is also cold, and realize that during all this time the grill was never fired up...

Now you haven't bit into the burger yet, but it doesn't take a genius to know that you're just holding raw meat between two buns.
No, you missed something very important in my metaphor. The central point, in fact. I'm saying the cook isn't done. You're saying the cook is done. The game isn't done, so you can't act like it is (and be honest).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

Except the cook hasn't handed you the burger yet.

They are still cooking, that wasn't the finished burger.

You've just been asked what you want with your burger to finish it off with.

Reactions: L30

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Reviews go in the review area, not the discussion area. Click the stars at the top of the page.
My review did go in the reviews area. I also posted it here since I'd like discussion on why I feel the way I feel about the game.

About the ending, and "I get slapped in the face with an ending sequence but not even the satisfaction of an ending. " - the endings aren't done yet. What you're doing is like going to a barbecue and complaining that your burger is raw when you grabbed it off the grill instead of letting the cook finish.
I get that the endings aren't done, but the way this has been done is what annoys me, it feels to me like the devs had plans for the game, but simply want to bail now. I'd much have preferred to not have the "Much, much later" screen, and and instead have the note from the dev stating something along the lines of "That's the end of this version of the game. Please check back later. The next update will be the final update to the game and will add the endings."

To use your metaphor, I see it as the cook saying "I'm working on it. It'll be done in a few minutes." Then coming back in half an hour and the cook tells you "I barely started and I quit. Just take the burger without any patty since I'm leaving."

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
My review did go in the reviews area. I also posted it here since I'd like discussion on why I feel the way I feel about the game.

I get that the endings aren't done, but the way this has been done is what annoys me, it feels to me like the devs had plans for the game, but simply want to bail now. I'd much have preferred to not have the "Much, much later" screen, and and instead have the note from the dev stating something along the lines of "That's the end of this version of the game. Please check back later. The next update will be the final update to the game and will add the endings."

To use your metaphor, I see it as the cook saying "I'm working on it. It'll be done in a few minutes." Then coming back in half an hour and the cook tells you "I barely started and I quit. Just take the burger without any patty since I'm leaving."
You are aware that you will have about 7 months of ending right? I am not sure either if the devs made right decision, but it was planned and yeah it will be asking a lot of those endings now to knit it all together, as they are meant to but you can't really say if will work well till saw those endings.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
You are aware that you will have about 7 months of ending right? I am not sure either if the devs made right decision, but it was planned and yeah it will be asking a lot of those endings now to knit it all together, as they are meant to but you can't really say if will work well till saw those endings.
There's a part of my review that I cut out of my post here that I think I should point out now. I stated that "I can not recommend this game now but likely will with future updates."

I haven't followed the dev's posts, but if the endings are several months of content a piece, or even if it's seven months of content that only changes slightly between paths, I will be very happy.

The way I felt this game going was that you'd get maybe 10 minutes of ending content per path. And to put this into a metaphor, the current version of the game makes me feel like the devs built a story train and it's just reaching cruising speed, but now you're only 10 minutes from the station and the train is about to derail and crash into it, rather than slowing down and pulling in smoothly.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Does anyone know if there will be bad endings?
I'm in a kind of cuntish mood. I think that if someone chooses an ending they haven't met the requirements for it would be funny if they end up playing through a meaty ending chapter that ends up being a total dick-punch, instead of just being locked out of it at the choice screen. :LUL:

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Does anyone know if there will be bad endings?
I'm in a kind of cuntish mood. I think that if someone chooses an ending they haven't met the requirements for it would be funny if they end up playing through a meaty ending chapter that ends up being a total dick-punch, instead of just being locked out of it at the choice screen. :LUL:
there wont be anything of that nature in this game.

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
God damn you guys.

I just wanted to make sure that we gave the story a proper closing point, for *most* of the girls in the game, as each are very much liked.

There's an awful lot of disappointment and anger being shared lately. It's a little bit disheartening to see. Someone at one point said that it's because the game was good, so they are upset it's coming to an end, but it doesn't feel like that.

Regardless, I'm not changing things; The lead up to the end is remaining the same. The endings will go forward as I have envisioned them.

All I can do is hope that you like them.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I haven't followed the dev's posts, but if the endings are several months of content a piece, or even if it's seven months of content that only changes slightly between paths, I will be very happy.
There are seven endings, each ending will be an entire update.

This is how the devs planned it to go, people seem to have some assumption that they are rushing to the end and the game was meant to be longer.

Not the case, this is how they planned it to go. They have said it enough times now.

Ysbald

Nov 1, 2018
There's an awful lot of disappointment and anger being shared lately.
It's quite simply because this last update only brings out anger. Mc's father who arrives and destroys the little family relationships he had. We are seeing the MC's (very justified) anger towards his father. Whereas just before we were in a feel good situation, we find ourselves in a negative emotional storm towards this father. Followed also by these famous timelaps which do absolutely nothing except make the situation worse. Suddenly people are left with an update that brings only anger and a lot of questions and no lewds scenes. Inevitably they are disappointed

Again the discussion of the MC with his father at the end of the meal sounds very true. But the father replies that he will think about it and the final does not change at all. Indicating that he did not get anything out of this exchange. So why does the MC still bother talking to him (much much later) and agree to tell him everything that has happened to him since his existential crisis?

I do not imagine for a moment that you did not expect that the majority of people would have trouble with this update?

Don't change anything. It's your game and your vision. But keep this experience as something not to be reproduced ;)

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes