vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Maybe it's because I'm a relatively old guy that I get why the father was used this way. It was fairly common when I was a kid for fathers to expect their kids to support themselves with no help. It was also fairly common for the father to support a daughter (step or otherwise) while leaving a son to fend for himself. Both of these things this father did. And, aside from that, don't discount that the father, while not the most loving guy in the world, loved his son. Making peace as an adult is not the most farfetched thing that could happen.
Through the story his father was more like a drill-sergeant than actual dad.
I do understand your idea, but in this story we can't believe in MC and dad being BFF.
It's like that not because it's impossible, but because they didn't try to explain that sudden change.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I do understand your idea, but in this story we can't believe in MC and dad being BFF.
It's like that not because it's impossible, but because they didn't try to explain that sudden change.
100% agree glad I'm not alone in this thinking

Reactions: Merchant of Kohvir

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Can you tell us what life was for MC and Leah after he moved in???
SPOILER
She wore a white dress
END OF SPOILER

Oh my!! Such depth and story development!!
Do you think Cinderella's "happily ever after" was described any better? No. Not at all. In fact, most love stories don't go into enormous detail after establishing that the couple wound up together permanently. Pretty much only RomComs go into details like "And then 5 years later they moved to Spain and bought a lovely little villa with an ocean view."

Reactions: SuperLYC

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
But it wasn't a sudden change. This was apparently long enough after the fact that Leah and him being together was old news, "years" is mentioned as having passed. Enough time has passed to have established a new life, gotten dogs, made home, etc. He literally describes the process of how his father and he came to talk in the story, though they never fully reconciled.

From the game:

-MUCH, MUCH LATER
-The house sold. I moved out and my dad and I never recovered our relationship fully.
-It was a shame, but I guess that's how life goes sometimes. We were on our way, though.
-Through the years, we did talk more, so on this day, when he called while I was out with my dog, I answered...
*conversation begins*

Don't get me wrong. I didn't like Leah's ending, but I didn't dislike it enough to pick on things that really aren't worth picking on.

Last edited:
Reactions: vitamin433

Foreigner10

Oct 10, 2018
The story seemed to run in this last update, without development, a pity the visuals of the characters are good, the story seemed cool until an update before that, but it was wasted potential.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Do you think Cinderella's "happily ever after" was described any better? No. Not at all. In fact, most love stories don't go into enormous detail after establishing that the couple wound up together permanently. Pretty much only RomComs go into details like "And then 5 years later they moved to Spain and bought a lovely little villa with an ocean view."
Oh my, now I want to watch this rom-com again!

About ending:
As it was said in creators patreon site:
"Freeloading Family is an Adult Visual Novel style video game with a few branching paths to take the player through different possible outcomes depending on their choices."

So I will look at it in the same way as any VN before.

I don't think, that it's wise to compare 18+ adult game with a story for kids :WaitWhat:. But sure, why not?
Where FF ended:
MC faced a point, where he must do a final decision and avoid possible backfire.
What will be his decision? [your input]
Was there a struggle?
How did it developed?
Was it the right choise?

No idea.

Where Cinderella ended:
MC lives in an endless sorrow, that ends the moment main story begins.
A chain of "lucky coincidences"
The "major bad" gets defeated.
MC and her beloved are together.
They are also filthy rich and have political power.
They also live in a world, where random granny can make a cart out of pumpkin that is powered by mutated rat-horses (MAGIKA!!)
Any questions??
(many. They had many kids, but only one/few survived. "Medieval medicine" they say)

I'd better compare this game to:
Dreams of desire
Acting lessons
Triangle
Depraved awakening
And more, but those are my favorites

All "handmade", all have their issues, but endings there don't leave you with more questions.

1 Lone Wolf

Jun 6, 2020
Yeah, I take back what I said earlier. Leah's ending wasn't that bad, but it did feel a little unfinished right at the end there. I think most of us would've liked just a little more closure, like hints of wedding plans, pregnancy, the protag's career prospects in Vancouver, maybe one last interactive sex scene where he gets to choose whichever hole, including anal, lol.

But, I've seen waaaay worse endings in games I've had even more time/emotional investment in. And that's if they finished at all and weren't abandoned. So... here's to more, better endings, and maybe even a revisiting epilogue to this one!
I do agree that the ending felt short. Would love to have seen more of what happened when he went to Vancouver with her and less about past issues. Wish the dev. put in the ending how the MC told the others that he chose Leah and would not have any other sex with them. Did they tempt him to have sex or to leave Leah for her? The ending was not bad just wish it had more depth and closure to it. Perhaps the dev. would or be willing to do a side story with what happened with Leah in Vancouver.

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
couldnt find what was new in this update i know leah ending was in previous update but nothing new here

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
Okay, I just started this game and my head has already exploded. Why did ur sister already know Leah? Why are they fucking each other when the MC seems brand new to school? Why absolutely all the entry girls want to fuck the MC? I mean, this is one of those games where the plot is based on the MC fucking to death and where it seems irresistible at first glance for every woman?

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes