Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I certainly don't mind the half sister relationship, but is there any way that in conversation she is actually called "Alice" when speaking and not "Sister"? After all, she's a person. A virtual person, but still a person.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If this was the writer's intention then they would've shown or at the very least hinted that pursuing Alice to the end wouldn't result in a classic happy ending between her and the MC and there would be a third party involved.
I agree, it should have shown Alice going after other women all through the game.

Oh .... wait.

If you're going to go with the argument that for Alice her top priority was always Leah then I honestly think it would be better if she didn't have an ending with the MC at all
It's not an argument, it's what happened.

She wanted Leah and the MC ... and Mel and Carina, the only thing stopping the latter is they didn't swing that way but Alice tried for both of them.

Alice is with a woman all the way through, even when the MC isn't around her and Leah were still doing their thing.

What you lot seem to be expecting is for Alice to change how she's been all through the game and suddenly not want a woman around.

It may have been hidden with the other girls around but how Alice is at the end is exactly how she's been all the way through the game, she didn't change anything.

You lot seem to be expecting a completely different person at the end. You all seem happy enough with her until then.

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
At no point in the game does Alice's behavior indicate that the MC would end up in some weird one sided poly relationship with her and her girlfriend.
See this kind of comment proves you didn't read the ending OR these comments. They both have girlfriends through the years. It's just that we see one of Alice's girlfriends that specifically didn't want to sleep with MC because I wanted to showcase that side of polyamory, as it doesn't get shown in these games often (if ever).

they both had girlfriends that didn't always want to fuck the other one. Go back, read it again, you'll see that it says this.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
What you lot seem to be expecting is for Alice to change how she's been all through the game and suddenly not want a woman around.
I've yet to see anyone expect this from Alice from the complaints I've seen nor did I personally expect her to "suddenly not want a woman". Either learn how to read or stop being disingenuous since that seems to be the only way you're capable of arguing with anyone.

I wanted to showcase that side of polyamory, as it doesn't get shown in these games often (if ever).
Sorry to say, but the only thing you managed to showcase your subpar writing skills.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I've yet to see anyone expect this from Alice from the complaints I've seen nor did I personally expect her to "suddenly not want a woman". Either learn how to read or stop being disingenuous since that seems to be the only way you're capable of arguing with anyone.
That's been their entire argument.

They want a solo Alice ending which is entirely different to how she's been throughout the entire game. She's always had a woman and gone for women even when she's been with the MC so to get a solo Alice ending would require her to change how she's been the entire game.

Tells me to learn to read yet you don't even know what they were debating about, wind it in hun.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Sorry to say, but the only thing you managed to showcase your subpar writing skills.
Hahaha,well I already gave my arguments why this Alice ending would never work as a happy ever after ending for Mc in the real world and feels more like a turn around on all those bad power male harem fantasies. Turnaround does not make fair play though and there is a difference between some fuck around and who you choose for a long extra relationship if already in one since it will have impact on that existing relationship. Even if she were just a BFF instead of another wife, it is important that she fits with the other partner in at least a friendship way. (Neverlucky in Triangle did it in a more respectful and correct way to the other partner where it could work even if there MC had not that much to say about it in the end or his partner with how easily jenny wound them around her fingers, well at least that situation could work)

So let me just say last thing about it.
Just let me congratulate the writer that (s)he succeeded in the endings to turn 3 out of 4 women that seemed reasonably grounded young females in grown up cunts that did not really care for Mc and makes him feel utterly replaceable for them, so why stay with them as a beggar and 5th wheel in their relation and make me shout Run away from them MC, run away as fast as you can. :p Now if that really was the intention, those endings were successful for sure and might well make me have a lot of goodwill for the no one ending after having seen those 3 endings, as the likely best ending for MC without those three females in his life outside of the Mel ending. I for sure did not expect that as the outcome for myself before the endings started. :p Hope MC at least will also choose for his own happiness in that ending. :p. Technically they were not badly written for sure, 3 out of 4 unhappy endings for MC including the main girl is overdoing it though in my opinion even in a female MC oriented game.

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
See this kind of comment proves you didn't read the ending OR these comments. They both have girlfriends through the years. It's just that we see one of Alice's girlfriends that specifically didn't want to sleep with MC because I wanted to showcase that side of polyamory, as it doesn't get shown in these games often (if ever).

they both had girlfriends that didn't always want to fuck the other one. Go back, read it again, you'll see that it says this.
Let me try a slightly different tack here.

This is a visual medium so what is shown is at least as important as what is written. (I'd argue that it is often more important!) By focusing on Alice's GF, it seriously colors the reader's reception of the ending as a whole. IF there had been direct, visual references to one of the MC's GFs with no interest in Alice rather than just mentioning it in the text, I think it would have felt more balanced and there would likely be less "sturm und drang" about this issue. As it stands though, the weight of Alice's GF who wants nothing to do with the MC overwhelms the rest of your narrative. By wanting to show this aspect of polyamory (which I don't dispute btw--I've argued for V-shaped triads many times in threads where everybody else argues that xyz poly relationship wouldn't work because reasons... x and y neither like girls for example.), you tilted the scales too far in the other direction. It also doesn't help that it is one of the last impressions of the game either.

Because of this unbalance, I wasn't completely convinced that the MC was actually happy with the situation. It could be read like he was trying to talk himself into being okay with something that was making him kind of sad. He made his bed; now he must sleep in it. I understand this isn't what you intended, but I don't think it's an unreasonable reading of what is presented.

For the record, I didn't hate this ending, but I didn't love it either. Alice was my favorite, and although I can appreciate what you were trying for, this didn't provide the clear "happily ever after" I had hoped for.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
ALL the endings don't feel like the same LIs. Every single one of them. I don't see how a few players don't see the giant change when the endings begin :unsure:

I just hope the harem ending is with the LIs how they were at the beginning of the endings and Hailey and Susan are included.

That would save this wonderful vn and make me oh so happy. Imo anyway

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
ALL the endings don't feel like the same LIs. Every single one of them. I don't see how a few players don't see the giant change when the endings begin :unsure:

I just hope the harem ending is with the LIs how they were at the beginning of the endings and Hailey and Susan are included.

That would save this wonderful vn and make me oh so happy. Imo anyway
They basically had altered personalities, which contradicts the entire story.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
It's funny how you're pefectly happy for him to go solo and ignore the entire game and everything he did before that point for Alice, but for her to do the same is too much. I know V.A Laurie has said they're not solo, but I reiterate the breaking up the endings by girl implies they are solo and therefore it should have been a solo Alice+Mc ending, or at very least given that option.
They did not break up, they grew apart. That is a universal thing with every adult that has friends, benefits or not. At no part in Alice's story did MC and the other girls break up. The closest thing to it was Alice and Leah agreeing that they were past their relationship due to their lives being so separated due to Leah's job. As for Alice and MC's relationship, there is a very long monologue by the MC about their lives in retrospect (I.E. he's looking back on it, not describing what's to come). Hell, he even wrote a book on polyamory, he talks about their open relationship going forward, he mentions several partners for each of them as they came and went.

It's like you actually only see what you want to see in a story. The words matter.

Edit: And as for the "Should have given us a choice" thing. He made the story for himself, not for you. Write Stephen King and email and ask him why he didn't consult you on the ending of the Stand, see how that goes?

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I was done, but as you quoted me let, me reply to this bit.

It's funny how you're pefectly happy for him to go solo and ignore the entire game and everything he did before that point for Alice, but for her to do the same is too much. I know V.A Laurie has said they're not solo, but I reiterate the breaking up the endings by girl implies they are solo and therefore it should have been a solo Alice+Mc ending, or at very least given that option.
They did not break up, they grew apart. That is a universal thing with every adult that has friends, benefits or not. At no part in Alice's story did MC and the other girls break up. The closest thing to it was Alice and Leah agreeing that they were past their relationship due to their lives being so separated due to Leah's job.
Perhaps you should reread what I said. Nowhere did I say they had broken up. I said each ending is broken up (separated) by girl. I.E. Each girl has her own ending which by implication means it's a solo ending.

As for the rest, I'm not going to engage. Enough has been said about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTLD

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I was done, but as you quoted me let, me reply to this bit.

Perhaps you should reread what I said. Nowhere did I say they had broken up. I said each ending is broken up (separated) by girl. I.E. Each girl has her own ending which by implication means it's a solo ending.

As for the rest, cool story bro. I'm not going to engage. Enough has been said about it.
Yup, misread your post, sorry.

Reactions: Naxos

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Edit: And as for the "Should have given us a choice" thing. He made the story for himself, not for you. Write Stephen King and email and ask him why he didn't consult you on the ending of the Stand, see how that goes?
Bad argument, you can't make choices in a book. It's one of the good things of an interactive VN. There is only one ending in your Stephen King book

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Then why add the choice for whether or not Melody gets pregnant? Could it be that some folks might not like the content?

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Then why add the choice for whether or not Melody gets pregnant? Could it be that some folks might not like the content?
Absolutely fine to not like it. Read my other posts here, in nearly every other one I said I don't care if you don't like it. It's the ridiculous statements that are annoying.

"The dev should have done this."
"I should be able to do this."
"How dare she have a girlfriend that won't doink the MC even though it's stated repeatedly through the entire story that they're in an open relationship and the MC writes a book on polyamory."

People need to accept that they just don't like that part, stop saying stupid shit about it, and move on.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Absolutely fine to not like it. Read my other posts here, in nearly every other one I said I don't care if you don't like it. It's the ridiculous statements that are annoying.

"The dev should have done this."
"I should be able to do this."
"How dare she have a girlfriend that won't doink the MC even though it's stated repeatedly through the entire story that they're in an open relationship and the MC writes a book on polyamory."

People need to accept that they just don't like that part, stop saying stupid shit about it, and move on.
If it were just a short-term girlfriend that would be different though as done would still give rise to tensions over time, but it is another partner. Now in that case MC and other partner still do not need to have sex together to be able to make it work, but here we are talking that other opposite again and she does not want anything to do with MC. That last has consequences and implications and does not lead to happy long term relationships (you know years and not just months or weeks).

Even if no sexual jealousy, there will be emotional jealousies, issues and time you can not give people since you have to be with the other, besides career, family, other friends, fucking around with non-partners and so on we are all plagued with. It is not unfair only to MC, but also that other female partner. Fact that MC wrote a book about it does not mean he is really an expert though or does not make the same mistakes anyone else would or his emotions will be stronger as his lust over time. :p You do know quite a few books are written by questionable authorities as well. :p

I have seen throuples work for a few years, but never a relation with even a BFF instead of a sexual third partner that was very important, if the three were not also friends to each other first and happy to hang out together and be part of each others social and emotional support network. You are way to hung up on the sex aspect, that is not the determining factor here and why it is an unhappy ever after ending for MC.

Last edited:

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
If it were just a short-term girlfriend that would be different, but it is another partner. Now in that case MC and other partner still do not need to have sex together to be able to make it work, but here we are talking that other opposite again and she does not want anything to do with MC. That last has consequences and implications and does not lead to happy long term relationships (you know years and not just months).
What implications? There are a lot of assumptions in what you are stating. I get it though, there is a lot of self insertion in these types of games and as we see ourselves in the MC, we also carry our beliefs and wants into them. The problem is that neither you, nor I wrote this. I think it has to do with the ability to separate sex and love.

Even if no sexual jealousy, there will be emotional jealousies, issues and time you can not give people since you have to be with the other, besides career, family, other friends, fucking around with non-partners and so on we are all plagued with. It is not unfair only to MC, but also that other female partner. Fact that MC wrote a book about it does not mean he is really an expert though or does not make the same mistakes anyone else would or his emotions will be stronger as his lust over time. :p
I disagree here. I've never been a jealous person, I don't mind when guys try to flirt with my wife because I trust her. Everyone is different and everyone has different tolerances for jealousy. Some people are always jealous, especially when it comes down to something that has to do with sex. But other times, like a group of friends where one friend is jealous that another friend may be better friends with someone else. I find that silly, others find that normal.

I have seen throuples work for a few years, but never a relation with even a BFF instead of a sexual third partner that was very important, if the three were not also friends to each other first and happy to hang out together and be part of each others social support network. You are way to hung up on the sex aspect, that is not the determining factor here and why it is an unhappy ever after ending for MC.
Anecdotal statements mean diddly in this conversation, I'll just respond that my experiences have been the opposite. Then you say you don't believe me, then I roll my eyes, etc.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What implications? There are a lot of assumptions in what you are stating. I get it though, there is a lot of self insertion in these types of games and as we see ourselves in the MC, we also carry our beliefs and wants into them. The problem is that neither you, nor I wrote this. I think it has to do with the ability to separate sex and love.

I disagree here. I've never been a jealous person, I don't mind when guys try to flirt with my wife because I trust her. Everyone is different and everyone has different tolerances for jealousy. Some people are always jealous, especially when it comes down to something that has to do with sex. But other times, like a group of friends where one friend is jealous that another friend may be better friends with someone else. I find that silly, others find that normal.

Anecdotal statements mean diddly in this conversation, I'll just respond that my experiences have been the opposite. Then you say you don't believe me, then I roll my eyes, etc.
Well I am well over 50 yo myself by now and have a bit more as just a few examples to sample from due to my life and work. Thing is though long term relations are about emotional needs being fulfilled for both parties and those hanging around a couple or throuple or even more people in a give and take situation for all parties involved.

When for one or more of the parties in a relation those needs are not fulfilled long term or there are always tensions since main people in the relation and hanging around it and made important have opposite needs and goals, those relations stop functioning over time whatever the nature or the deals you made how open or closed that relationship will be. It has nothing to do with open relationships as such, but with all relationships, open, gay, lesbian, straight and so on and their nature. It goes even for just basic friendships, just look at the ones you have had over years and years and still work 20 years later even if those had their ups and downs as well and might have been closer or less close over years depending how easily you could integrate them with your main relationship.

That does not mean people will not stay together for important reasons like the kids. mortgages or just simple fear of being alone long after the relation has gone south, but those are also the relations I know where one or both of the two people is a serial cheater since they cannot resist anyone that does fulfill those emotional needs for them and give them attention or obsessed with their work or playing computer games in a separate room all day when not at work 7 days a week. :p

Well trusting your wife or GF when someone else flirts with her in a not open relationship, if you cannot do that, why would you be in a relation with her anyway in the first place. Trust is one of the foundations of any relationship and if that is not there, there is no relationship to start with ......

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes