tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Well I am well over 50 yo myself by now and have a bit more as just a few examples to sample from due to my life and work. Thing is though long term relations are about emotional needs being fulfilled for both parties and those hanging around a couple or throuple or even more people in a give and take situation for all parties involved.

When for one or more of the parties in a relation those needs are not fulfilled long term or there are always tensions since main people in the relation and hanging around it and made important have opposite needs and goals, those relations stop functioning over time whatever the nature or the deals you made how open or closed that relationship will be. It has nothing to do with open relationships as such, but with all relationships, open, gay, lesbian, straight and so on and their nature. It goes even for just basic friendships, just look at the ones you have had over years and years and still work 20 years later even if those had their ups and downs as well and might have been closer or less close over years depending how easily you could integrate them with your main relationship.

That does not mean people will not stay together for important reasons like the kids. mortgages or just simple fear of being alone long after the relation has gone south, but those are also the relations I know where one or both of the two people is a serial cheater since they cannot resist anyone that does fulfill those emotional needs for them and give them attention or obsessed with their work or playing computer games in a separate room all day when not at work 7 days a week. :p

Well trusting your wife or GF when someone else flirts with her in a not open relationship, if you cannot do that, why would you be in a relation with her anyway in the first place. Trust is one of the foundations of any relationship and if that is not there, there is no relationship to start with ......
I don't disagree with anything you said there, but I'm a bit in the dark as to the point. Nothing you said helped your arguments as to the point of the discussion or hurt mine. So...

• Angry
Reactions: johnelros and BTLD

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't disagree with anything you said there, but I'm a bit in the dark as to the point. Nothing you said helped your arguments as to the point of the discussion or hurt mine. So...
They do, it is just for some reason you have a blind spot when applying it to the Alice situation. You treat that as just a fling from her with no consequences, while she has introduced a Trojan horse to their relationship that can not be integrated into her existing relationship and means she will have to split her limited time and energy up between her two relations and all other obligations she has, where they both have opposing goals and needs due to fact that other partner wants nothing to do with MC. Leading to unhappy feelings in those relations and stress on both Alice who will be in the middle and those two partners themselves. That will lead to rising tensions, not being there when one of the two needs her, jealousy of with whom and how she spends holidays and vacations and other time with and so on. Been there, done that from both sides and it does not work even in situations the other emotional important person was not a romantic partner.

Both will want and need her attention at specific times and sometimes those moments will be at the exact same time and she has only so much time to give and can not split herself in two, unless you can bring them together and preferably even like to spend time together without Alice even if not sexually. As it has been setup though that never works over a longer time. It is the fantasy of eating your cake and have it and that it will hurt no others, this time from a female perspective though.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTLD

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
They do, it is just for some reason you have a blind spot when applying it to the Alice situation. You treat that as just a fling from her with no consequences, while she has introduced a Trojan horse to their relationship that can not be integrated into her existing relationship and means she will have to split her limited time and energy up between her two relations and all other obligations she has, where they both have opposing goals and needs due to fact that other partner wants nothing to do with MC. Leading to unhappy feelings in those relations and stress on both Alice who will be in the middle and those two partners themselves. That will lead to rising tensions, not being there when one of the two needs her, jealousy of with whom and how she spends holidays and vacations and other time with and so on. Been there, done that from both sides and it does not work even in situations the other emotional important person was not a romantic partner.

Both will want and need her attention at specific times and sometimes those moments will be at the exact same time and she has only so much time to give and can not split herself in two, unless you can bring them together and preferably even like to spend time together without Alice even if not sexually. As it has been setup though that never works over a longer time. It is the fantasy of eating your cake and have it, this time from a female perspective though.
Not at all, I treat it as it was meant to be treated. An open relationship with no consequences for actions that fall within the rules. You're so hung up on how you would react that you're ignoring that people are different. People are different, you're what? Maybe 5? Maybe 10 years older than me? That means nothing, we're both ancient compared to most of the people we talk to here. lol.

Here's an anecdotal story for you. A friend of mine had an open marriage that lasted for 15 years. For the last few years it was just his wife and one other gal. The girls had no relationship at first. It wasn't until they all started getting together that the marriage fell apart. It's actually very similar to the Alice ending, except the my friend would have been in Alice's role. It was when they did exactly what you're arguing should have happened from the beginning that it fell apart.

Everything you are saying is absolutely true...for you and maybe for people you know. But, unless you can admit to yourself that everyone is different, every relationship is different, and that there is no "right way", then you're just arguing up a tree pointlessly.

• Angry
Reactions: johnelros and BTLD

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not at all, I treat it as it was meant to be treated. An open relationship with no consequences for actions that fall within the rules. You're so hung up on how you would react that you're ignoring that people are different. People are different, you're what? Maybe 5? Maybe 10 years older than me? That means nothing, we're both ancient compared to most of the people we talk to here. lol.

Here's an anecdotal story for you. A friend of mine had an open marriage that lasted for 15 years. For the last few years it was just his wife and one other gal. The girls had no relationship at first. It wasn't until they all started getting together that the marriage fell apart. It's actually very similar to the Alice ending, except the my friend would have been in Alice's role. It was when they did exactly what you're arguing should have happened from the beginning that it fell apart.

Everything you are saying is absolutely true...for you and maybe for people you know. But, unless you can admit to yourself that everyone is different, every relationship is different, and that there is no "right way", then you're just arguing up a tree pointlessly.
The emotional needs are the same for all people, even if how strongly can differ a bit you still need them fulfilled long term in a relationship to be able to be happy. That is the point and that relation was already gone likely for a few years and bringing it together was last try to save it like others try to swing or have a kid to rekindle something you have allowed to escape over years, but too late after years of tensions or neglect of your needs. Let me give another simple example that has nothing to do with even the romantic other. My mother for her own reasons that were quite understandable from her own life tended to see my GF's as a danger to her, even if she wanted me happy and in a relationship and tried to do her best to be accepting of them, she just kinda failed at that.

That meant though that every time I had a more serious GF, even if they themselves were quite reasonable which not all were, I came into a situation where I could not have them have a good relationship together. Basically I had to choose which of the two I prioritized and spent my time with or had constant tension around me and both wanting my time and attention. Now of course I could have chosen to spend 6 evenings a week to spend with my Mom or 50/50 or none with either, but then I would be shortchanging my then GF which was the one I was in a relation with and none of them ever thought that a good idea or would have been happy over that. Even choosing my GF's still brought loads of tension though and unhappiness that did not help those relations.

Other example, you have a good friend you know since your school days and you even have a reasonable good relation with his significant other and you tend to spend one evening a week together for years. Now you run into a girl you like a lot, but for some reason while she does not mind your friend, she cannot stand his wife. Well I can tell you those weekly evenings will quickly be over and maybe will be three monthly without your GF if smart or you can look for another GF. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: BTLD

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
The emotional needs are the same for all people, even if how strongly can differ a bit you still need them fulfilled long term in a relationship to be able to be happy. That is the point and that relation was already gone likely for a few years and bringing it together was last try to save it like others try to swing or have a kid to rekindle something you have allowed to escape over years, but too late after years of tensions or neglect of your needs. Let me give another simple example that has nothing to do with even the romantic other. My mother for her own reasons that were quite understandable from her own life tended to see my GF's as a danger to her, even if she wanted me happy and in a relationship and tried to do her best to be accepting of them, she just kinda failed at that.

That meant though that every time I had a more serious GF, even if they themselves were quite reasonable which not all were, I came into a situation where I could not have them have a good relationship together. Basically I had to choose which of the two I prioritized and spent my time with or had constant tension around me and both wanting my time and attention. Now of course I could have chosen to spend 6 evenings a week to spend with my Mom or 50/50, but then I would be shortchanging my then GF which was the one I was in a relation with and none of them ever thought that a good idea or would have been happy over that. Even choosing my GF's still brought loads of tension though and unhappiness that did not help those relations.

Other example, you have a good friend you know since your school days and you even have a reasonable good relation with his significant other and you tend to spend one evening a week together for years. Now you run into a girl you like a lot, but for some reason while she does not mind your friend, she cannot stand his wife. Well I can tell you those weekly evenings will quickly be over and maybe will be three monthly without your GF if smart or you can look for another GF. :p
You're still not saying anything that I disagree with accept for your belief that you apparently believe you understand the human condition enough to know what will work and what won't work for everyone. You just keep going down the same path over and over again, despite me already saying I agree with what you're saying. That just doesn't eliminate other possibilities. You know as well as I do that there have been open relationships of all forms that worked just fine. Hell, pick a random game thread here and look at the conversations and disagreements, see how different people are. So different that basic concepts cannot be agreed on.

We're both old guys. Old enough to have this conversation without getting pissy, which I appreciate, by the way. And we both know that there are no universal truths when it comes to this kind of thing. Sure there are norms that most people fit into, but most isn't everyone, not even close.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnelros

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You're still not saying anything that I disagree with accept for your belief that you apparently believe you understand the human condition enough to know what will work and what won't work for everyone. You just keep going down the same path over and over again, despite me already saying I agree with what your saying. That just doesn't eliminate other possibilities. You know as well as I do that there have been open relationships of all forms that worked just fine. Hell, pick a random game thread here and look at the conversations and disagreements, see how different people are. So different that basic concepts cannot be agreed on.

We're both old guys. Old enough to have this conversation without getting pissy, which I appreciate, by the way. And we both know that there are no universal truths when it comes to this kind of thing. Sure there are norms that most people fit into, but most isn't everyone, not even close.
https://f95zone.to/threads/chasing-sunsets-v0-3a-stone-fox-studios.62625/post-6198433

Well he says it as well as I could want, like I said before it is not about the open or not, not about the sex or not. Just you cannot give people enough attention with two full relationships unless you are in the happy circumstance that you are someone that has no other obligations at all as dealling with those two relations (well that goes for nobody) and even then jealousy (not the sexual kind, but the attention kind and not even speaking other partner may well undermine you on purpose or subconscious) will likely become an issue especially if that other does not like you or the even happier circumstance that those two relations overlap, so instead of having to split yourself 50/50 it is more 10 for each and 80 together. This also goes for relation with your kids if they are with different parents, friends and so on, so why would that be any better or different for a second full love interest.

Now not giving someone enough of your time, attention and support they need and want is the best way too destroy any relation over time I learned, partly the hard way.

platikus

Jan 5, 2018
My windows defender just found " Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml " in "FreeloadingFamily-0.30-pc\1278352_Freeloading_Family_v0.30GU_Multi-Mod.rar" . please check it.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Edit: And as for the "Should have given us a choice" thing. He made the story for himself, not for you. Write Stephen King and email and ask him why he didn't consult you on the ending of the Stand, see how that goes?
That's a pile of male bovine feces. Developer and writer are two different men. Writer was hired to write the story. And, I would say fan base doesn't find his efforts amusing.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
My windows defender just found " Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml " in "FreeloadingFamily-0.30-pc\1278352_Freeloading_Family_v0.30GU_Multi-Mod.rar" . please check it.
False alarm. It's a standard winrar archive file with python scripts and a text file in it.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just started reading. are ending really that bad?
As always, decide for yourself. I can not decide for you. They are technically not badly written, are they in my eyes reasonably satisfying or remotely happy for 3 out of 4 of the endings if you tend to immerse in Mc, not really.

Reactions: Thermophob

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Opinions vary, but I found the endings reasonable to satisfying and am looking forward to the harem ending. IMHO this is a well written well implemented VN that has been well worth my time. I recommend it to anyone.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Overall the endings are ok, not amazing, but they aren't horrible either.
Out of the 4, 2 are average, 1 is bad and 1 is amazing

The Latest ending is quite divisive, hence the comments in the last couple of pages.
Personally i dont like the latest ending, but its due to personal preferences and not because its poorly written.
So give the endings a shot, you may like them

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
Overall the endings are ok, not amazing, but they aren't horrible either.
Out of the 4, 2 are average, 1 is bad and 1 is amazing

The Latest ending is quite divisive, hence the comments in the last couple of pages.
Personally i dont like the latest ending, but its due to personal preferences and not because its poorly written.
So give the endings a shot, you may like them
Will we be getting more endings or thats it ? also which ending you think amazing?

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes