UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Well, I guess I will take this off my watch list now. Complete and utter radio silence about this, or the other planned game makes me nervous about any future support to this group.
You understand that the game is on hold, right? As I understand it Patreon contributions are paused. The dev(s) put this on hold because real life is preventing further development for now, but the intention is to finish it once those issues are resolved.

"Radio silence" is pretty much to be expected until those issues are resolved. Continue to watch the thread or not, at your pleasure, but complaining about the lack of updated information is pretty foolish.

• Angry
Reactions: ILCjr

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
You understand that the game is on hold, right? As I understand it Patreon contributions are paused. The dev(s) put this on hold because real life is preventing further development for now, but the intention is to finish it once those issues are resolved.

"Radio silence" is pretty much to be expected until those issues are resolved. Continue to watch the thread or not, at your pleasure, but complaining about the lack of updated information is pretty foolish.
So the writer didn't freak out and quit and the dev wasn't moving on til they got their shit together? Could of sworn that was the reason... eh I'm too lazy to try to find the posts.

PikoPiko

Dec 2, 2018
So the writer didn't freak out and quit and the dev wasn't moving on til they got their shit together? Could of sworn that was the reason... eh I'm too lazy to try to find the posts.
According to the Patreon posts I seen, The writer had enough and got burnt out or something. Val has their own Patreon and have not checked whats up with that. The Dev of FF has put the game on hold and any patreon members can get insights into the game the dev is doing with a different writer. Overall FF is on hold til Val gets back to writing (doubt it will happen to be honest) and then it will pick up again for the last or next to last part of the game. The Dev is still moving along so as I know it the Patreon will still be getting stuff.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
According to the Patreon posts I seen, The writer had enough and got burnt out or something. Val has their own Patreon and have not checked whats up with that. The Dev of FF has put the game on hold and any patreon members can get insights into the game the dev is doing with a different writer. Overall FF is on hold til Val gets back to writing (doubt it will happen to be honest) and then it will pick up again for the last or next to last part of the game. The Dev is still moving along so as I know it the Patreon will still be getting stuff.
Thank you. I thought it was something like that. I've been known to drink though so confirmation is always welcome

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
I don't know anything about the history of the game's development or the relationship between the remaining dev and Val the writer who is MIA but after reading this on the patreon,

Hello everyone.

I wanted to give you all an update on the next release for FF. I have not been able to contact Val (the writer) for a while now, which means that the work has gone to somewhat of an halt. I can only assume he has some personal issues that needs to be dealt with.

Until I can figure out how to proceed, there's not much I can do. However, I don't want any patrons to feel unrewarded in their pledge. So I will personally continue work on the next game until I can find a way to resume FF.

Why put it on a permanent pause because the writer went AWOL? Especially when the ending everybody was looking forward to is unfinished?

Wouldn't it make more sense to give this Val person time, 6 months maybe? Just some time to come back or to state finally that they quit. Then after that waiting period try to finish the game yourself, or get a new writer to help for the last couple of endings? If the person who left was just a writer and you have the assets to still do the renders and can write the code why not finish it without them?

Ok this is especially confusing since this is Val's twitter

And he's active on there...
val.png

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I don't know anything about the history of the game's development or the relationship between the remaining dev and Val the writer who is MIA but after reading this on the patreon,

Why put it on a permanent pause because the writer went AWOL? Especially when the ending everybody was looking forward to is unfinished?

Wouldn't it make more sense to give this Val person time, 6 months maybe? Just some time to come back or to state finally that they quit. Then after that waiting period try to finish the game yourself, or get a new writer to help for the last couple of endings? If the person who left was just a writer and you have the assets to still do the renders and can write the code why not finish it without them?

View attachment 1705517
Better ending than the ones Val writes :ROFLMAO:

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022

View attachment 1705517
quality writer right there, I would be surprised if anyone would work with him after this...though maybe not surprised actually...

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

View attachment 1705517
I forgot to thank you for sharing this. Thanks

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well Val responded, let's see where this goes.

View attachment 1707709
Lol, thanks for that as well. I have zero respect for them but it would be awesome if they dusted themselves off and made at least one good fucking ending (harem not the "no one ending")

The way they ruined the other endings we are due Hailey back and all the things we loved in the actual vn before it went all feminist art house...

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes