Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
This game is literally static pictures and videos, there is no reason to have a crazy high fps. Creating in 4K prolongs the rendering time, yes, but it does not prolong it by *several months*, what proof do you have to back up this claim? The dev could just be getting used to the new workflow, and things will go back to a normal pace soon.

The right thing to do is to render at 4K and and then release both the 4K and the HD version (downscaled from all the 4K images/videos), that means the HD version will look even better due to the inherent benefits of downscaling, and those without the hardware can still enjoy the product.
Unless you have several pcs slaved together to render out things... Rendering in 4k, especially animations, will take a long ass time. A minute long animation will, often, consist of either 1440, 1800, or 3600 still renders combined to make the animation.Then, of course, you have all the still renders to do. Perhaps several months was excessive... But it would still add on a few months of waiting - Though it entirely depends on your system and how much time you dedicate that pc to rendering a particular thing.

I work with a lot of 3d asset design and, in my spare time time, I am creating my own AVN (roughly 800 renders in thus far - early days). Ocean's team migrated over to Blender. The thing about Blender is that super sampling (High resolution downscaled in post) is redundant and bares no benefits (Unless you have a firefly issue) as the native Cycles AA has a superior AA method. It, essentially, supersamples then downscales as it renders. In Daz you sort of had to do that supersample to downscale method as its own AA system is pretty much non existent compared to other programs.

"The right thing to do is to render at 4K and and then release both the 4K and the HD version" I agree, sort of. Renpy automatically downscales images to fit the monitor so purely releasing in 4k is just a waste of bandwidth for most gamers. I actually share your sentiment of two separate releases and stated it a few pages back. However it would be far more time efficient, now they are in Blender, to render in 2k and use an AI image upscaler for 4k. It can churn out a 4k image in a matter of seconds and have the exact quality if they had rendered it out in 4k.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
it seems this dev doesnt know wrinkles exist
Actually a common thing in AVNs. Essentially many devs just get a model, throw a skin on it and that is that. Many also don't go for HD meshes (Where wrinkles really come into their own).It is why most characters look like they have botox up the wazoo. I really think the MC, the main Love Interests and Side Girls in AVNs should have the most details given to them - you look at them the most compared to random npcs. They are also your selling point - Better looking... More money, ca-ching.

One of the reasons I really dislike AVNs that use Honey Select 2 models. They are like the visual representation of smooth brain.

Reactions: Juicer97

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Actually a common thing in AVNs. Essentially many devs just get a model, throw a skin on it and that is that. Many also don't go for HD meshes (Where wrinkles really come into their own).It is why most characters look like they have botox up the wazoo. I really think the MC, the main Love Interests and Side Girls in AVNs should have the most details given to them - you look at them the most compared to random npcs. They are also your selling point - Better looking... More money, ca-ching.

One of the reasons I really dislike AVNs that use Honey Select 2 models. They are like the visual representation of smooth brain.
A first few games by Honey select I somewhat enjoyed but I also grew to dislike the models. They seem so unrealistic to me now and I don't feel them to be attractive, some are cute but never really sexy .

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

Status Update: Launching Alpha 100, Voice Acting, Final Fixes and Booooobs

"Hello, my dear Freshmen!

We're wrapping up another amazing week, and I have some great news! This week, our artists and animators were fixing and polishing the last scenes on Episode 6, as well as implementing new lighting techniques. Most of Episode 6 content is already done rendering, with a few animations and statics remaining. Our R&D team is finishing up new rigs and systems for episode 7, and the improved performance will give us a huge boost in productivity. They're also developing our new physics deformation system, and it looks INCREDIBLE! Take a look at that sweet, sweet jiggles:

Our Voice Acting project also moved forward quite a bit. We put the first official voice lines into the game and validated the hypothesis that adding Voice Acting would improve immersion. So we decided to expand the project and began casting for all of Season 01. Soon, Freshwomen will be fully voiced!

Another important hypothesis we're investigating is Audio Design (sex and ambient noises). We implemented a basic mixer into the game, made an audio test for one animation, and the results were fantastic. It elevated the experience. We're now testing candidates to fully design audio for our animations.

We also launched Episode 6 Alpha 100! As of earlier today, a few selected testers are playing the complete version of episode 6, and will give us quality feedbacks, so we can make it perfect for you! As I reviewed the game over and over this week, I could feel the release date approaching. Seeing the renders, music, script and animation coming together to create an amazing experience really put the last few months of work into perspective.

It was hard work, and it was worth it. The team we built is capable, effective and highly ambitious, and episode 6 is amazing. We're almost ready for release. Episode 6 will be in your hands soon, and Episode 7 will be breathtaking.

I couldn't be more proud.

If you didn't play Episode 6 Beta 50 yet, be sure to get it at:

Thank you for believing in us, and for your support and patronage. We're building something amazing together. Great things are coming,"

f1r3

ouroboros001

May 1, 2020
Sigh... There's a password on the APK. Just makes me either not want to even bother or want to get it from other places, like gamecax, then here. Can't find any mention of a password here either. No idea why you would bother with that.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016

Status Update: Launching Alpha 100, Voice Acting, Final Fixes and Booooobs

"Hello, my dear Freshmen!

We're wrapping up another amazing week, and I have some great news! This week, our artists and animators were fixing and polishing the last scenes on Episode 6, as well as implementing new lighting techniques. Most of Episode 6 content is already done rendering, with a few animations and statics remaining. Our R&D team is finishing up new rigs and systems for episode 7, and the improved performance will give us a huge boost in productivity. They're also developing our new physics deformation system, and it looks INCREDIBLE! Take a look at that sweet, sweet jiggles:

Our Voice Acting project also moved forward quite a bit. We put the first official voice lines into the game and validated the hypothesis that adding Voice Acting would improve immersion. So we decided to expand the project and began casting for all of Season 01. Soon, Freshwomen will be fully voiced!

Another important hypothesis we're investigating is Audio Design (sex and ambient noises). We implemented a basic mixer into the game, made an audio test for one animation, and the results were fantastic. It elevated the experience. We're now testing candidates to fully design audio for our animations.

We also launched Episode 6 Alpha 100! As of earlier today, a few selected testers are playing the complete version of episode 6, and will give us quality feedbacks, so we can make it perfect for you! As I reviewed the game over and over this week, I could feel the release date approaching. Seeing the renders, music, script and animation coming together to create an amazing experience really put the last few months of work into perspective.

It was hard work, and it was worth it. The team we built is capable, effective and highly ambitious, and episode 6 is amazing. We're almost ready for release. Episode 6 will be in your hands soon, and Episode 7 will be breathtaking.

I couldn't be more proud.

If you didn't play Episode 6 Beta 50 yet, be sure to get it at:

Thank you for believing in us, and for your support and patronage. We're building something amazing together. Great things are coming,"

f1r3
Yeah man something amazing, even people in the Discord are asking via reactions (since apparently you can no longer even write) why the fuck are you wasting time on stupid shit like VA, but yeah, amazing

Reactions: Kassan06969

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Yeah man something amazing, even people in the Discord are asking via reactions (since apparently you can no longer even write) why the fuck are you wasting time on stupid shit like VA, but yeah, amazing
Right, when a large percentage of people mute sound anyway. It's already bloated by being HD beyond what most peoples' monitors are capable of showing.

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
I hope in ep 6 and season 2 we can turn off the VA.
I hope there is an option to turn off the VA.
I like the music in the AVNs but no VAs

WAID1337

Aug 23, 2019
I hope in ep 6 and season 2 we can turn off the VA.

I hope there is an option to turn off the VA.
I like the music in the AVNs but no VAs
Ren'py should have a voice sound slider by default they could easily use, otherwise I'll just play on mute

4.50 star(s) 544 Votes