ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The only Renpy VN I have played with voice acting is Dark Desire. Although the plot is nonsenical, the voice acting didn't bother me and you can put it on silence if you want it. This is an example:

View attachment vlc-record-2023-05-07-18h29m04s-Dark Desire 2-.mp4

Also, I made a video with AI voices added to A Wife And Mother's scene Many people liked it actually, someone wrote me that the game would be better that way.

The voice acting could be expensive but I don't think that it takes too much time to do it, in one day you can record the voices of an update and in another one you can sync up them with the text I guess.

But it's true that many people don't like voice acting in these games.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
He copied his whole page :WaitWhat::WeSmart::KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is so absurd and ridiculous. This game "smelled" for a long time.
-The general tone of the story, the college theme, girls have a lot in common with DIK girls in their personalities. A goofy friend who pretends to be Russian in order to get into girls' panties, Derek is easily guessed in him.
- And of course the case with a preps mansion. It's not a crime, because these are all assets from the DAZ store, but I definitely wouldn't use the easily recognizable interior from the most popular game.
- Aggressive marketing, the developer asks to write reviews in Steam, to attract more hype. And the game is quite ... mediocre, no more than 7/10. See for yourself, there are only 160 pages of discussions here, which is very little. Game definitely doesn't get as much attention as Steam tells us.
- Release of new Episodes in parts, Beta doesn't contain all the content for the new episode.
- The recruitment of a large team didn't affect the speed of development.
- And now the Patreon page of one of the most flagship AVN developers has been completely copied. It is easy to conclude that the whole project smells of fraud, so I don't regret that I will abandon this game.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
This is so absurd and ridiculous. This game "smelled" for a long time.
-The general tone of the story, the college theme, girls have a lot in common with DIK girls in their personalities. A goofy friend who pretends to be Russian in order to get into girls' panties, Derek is easily guessed in him.
- And of course the case with a preps mansion. It's not a crime, because these are all assets from the DAZ store, but I definitely wouldn't use the easily recognizable interior from the most popular game.
- Aggressive marketing, the developer asks to write reviews in Steam, to attract more hype. And the game is quite ... mediocre, no more than 7/10. See for yourself, there are only 160 pages of discussions here, which is very little. Game definitely doesn't get as much attention as Steam tells us.
- Release of new Episodes in parts, Beta doesn't contain all the content for the new episode.
- The recruitment of a large team didn't affect the speed of development.
- And now the Patreon page of one of the most flagship AVN developers has been completely copied. It is easy to conclude that the whole project smells of fraud, so I don't regret that I will abandon this game.
This game is highly influenced by BaDIK, that's clear. But from that to call it a fraud there's a huge distance. Independently if you don't like the game, the dev has been very professional so far. Yes, imitating patreon's description of some other dev isn't right and yes, he took more time than expected for episode 6. But the first season of the game was done faster than the most of the devs here, maybe , from now on, the second season will be done fast too. According to the dev, the slowest part of the process is moving everything to blender and it seems they already could do that.

That this game isn't that popular here isn't a meassure of its popularity all over the web. Actually, the dev was capable to promote it better in other sites, like steam, which gives him more support. The most of the people here don't support games, they are just pirates. Asking your fans to write reviews in Steam is not wrong, that actually helps the game a lot to have more visibility in the platform.

And despite this game is influenced by BaDIK and has less content, so far, the dev was capable to get bigger sales and be more popular in Steam:

badik.jpg fresh.jpg

That's mainly because the game is translated in more than 10 languages and BaDIK is only in english.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Seems strange that FW sold more copies than BaD season 2. But I am guessing those are just steam sales or something.

Reactions: Jccurtis

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This game is highly influenced by BaDIK, that's clear. But from that to call it a fraud there's a huge distance. Independently if you don't like the game, the dev has been very professional so far. Yes, imitating patreon's description of some other dev isn't right and yes, he took more time than expected for episode 6. But the first season of the game was done faster than the most of the devs here, maybe , from now on, the second season will be done fast too. According to the dev, the slowest part of the process is moving everything to blender and it seems they already could do that.

That this game isn't that popular here isn't a meassure of its popularity all over the web. Actually, the dev was capable to promote it better in other sites, like steam, which gives him more support. The most of the people here don't support games, they are just pirates. Asking your fans to write reviews in Steam is not wrong, that actually helps the game a lot to have more visibility in the platform.

And despite this game is influenced by BaDIK and has less content, so far, the dev was capable to get bigger sales and be more popular in Steam:

View attachment 2609756 View attachment 2609757

That's mainly because the game is translated in more than 10 languages and BaDIK is only in english.
I liked this game from the very beginning.
But with new updates, the list of complaints grew and dissatisfaction grew, the Patreon page scam was the last straw.
Yes, most of us here are pirates, including myself (although I still bought BaDIK on Steam, but this does not negate the fact of piracy, I continue to download updates from Patreon), but discussions on F95 show the degree of people's interest in the game. There are a lot of games here that aren't even on Steam but they have thousands of pages of discussions.
Coming back to the degree of interest, look again at the comparison of Steam statistics that you showed.
Indeed, the number of copies sold is 20% higher.
But pay attention to the number of active players now and within 24 hours - FreshWomen has 2-3 times less. At the same time, the game is quite young in Steam, Badik released the first season 3 years ago, and Season 2 was added almost a year and a half ago. The number of active players is important, it shows the degree of involvement in the game.
The second indicator is the average number of game hours. 28/48 hours versus 5.2/6.8. Badik is longer, but 15 hours is enough for one run.
That is, the number of sales is just marketing + a wider audience coverage through translation.
DrPinkCake didn't do marketing, he made his name with the quality of the game. Of course, I agree that it would be good to translate the game into world languages - at least at Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Italian.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
I liked this game from the very beginning.
But with new updates, the list of complaints grew and dissatisfaction grew, the Patreon page scam was the last straw.
Yes, most of us here are pirates, including myself (although I still bought BaDIK on Steam, but this does not negate the fact of piracy, I continue to download updates from Patreon), but discussions on F95 show the degree of people's interest in the game. There are a lot of games here that aren't even on Steam but they have thousands of pages of discussions.
Coming back to the degree of interest, look again at the comparison of Steam statistics that you showed.
Indeed, the number of copies sold is 20% higher.
But pay attention to the number of active players now and within 24 hours - FreshWomen has 2-3 times less. At the same time, the game is quite young in Steam, Badik released the first season 3 years ago, and Season 2 was added almost a year and a half ago. The number of active players is important, it shows the degree of involvement in the game.
The second indicator is the average number of game hours. 28/48 hours versus 5.2/6.8. Badik is longer, but 15 hours is enough for one run.
That is, the number of sales is just marketing + a wider audience coverage through translation.
DrPinkCake didn't do marketing, he made his name with the quality of the game. Of course, I agree that it would be good to translate the game into world languages - at least at Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Italian.
Also, the fact some people don't realized that most people do pirate but at the same time when some of those people have the money they actually pay to support the developer., heck there is a t least 6 or 7 I would to pay and support for month if I could. Hell, pirates here spread the love of the games to other people in other platforms especially this reddit called AVN where people new to AVNs will go and ask for recommendations. Also, devs are on their as well to spread their game as well.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

"Hello, my dear Freshmen!

Today we launched a quality of life update to Episode 6 Beta 50, and now download size is way smaller.
Freshwomen is now available as:
  • 720p version (1.2 Gb)
  • 1080p version (3.8 Gb)
  • 4K version (5.5 Gb)
This update also brings a lot of performance improvements, specially to our players with older PCs. So if you were having troubles with crashes, slow animations or any other issues, be sure to update! You can do so by downloading the game again, or using the app.

Didn't play Episode 6 Beta 50 yet? Click here to play:

See you soon,"

f1r3

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Unwatching thread until there is a new download available at a sane size. I can't imagine there weren't patrons who dropped due to the gigantic size of the download.

• Angry
Reactions: MikeOG

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Unwatching thread until there is a new download available at a sane size. I can't imagine there weren't patrons who dropped due to the gigantic size of the download.
I suggest waiting for the next update which is already in alpha stage. The game already has coherent size versions, read the post above, but those hasn't been leaked here.

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
Wow been out of the loop for this game since I lasted posted about my impressions, what's new for this beta thing? I am vaguely aware that this general update was gonna come out sometime much later this year if I remember that right.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

Hello, my dear Freshmen!

We're glad to announce that Episode 6 is going to be released next Friday, May 19th!

After many months of work, episode 6 is finally here, and you'll be able to play it in a few days!
Episode 6 has:
  • 1 hour of content;
  • 1056 4k renders;
  • 56 animations in glorious 60 FPS;
  • All made in our brand-new engine;
  • Amazing OST and Sound Effects
  • The resolution to a mystery
Our release schedule will work like this:
  • Ultimate Tier ($25) - Friday, May 19th
  • Super Premium Tier ($20) - Monday, May 22nd
  • Premium Tier ($15) - Friday, May 26th
  • Standard Tier ($10) - Monday, May 29th (with Steam Discount or $14+ lifetime contribution)
  • Basic Tier ($5) - Friday, June 2nd (with Steam Discount or $14+ lifetime contribution)
  • Fan Tier ($2) - Friday, June 9th (with Steam Discount or $14+ lifetime contribution)
As price are now regionalized, they can vary a bit between countries. We're preparing our website to deal with this automatically, but if you want to know what will be the price in your region now, you can check this table:
We're very happy release time is upon us! Finally, we'll be able to show you all of Episode 6! I can't wait!

Thank you for your support and patronage!

See you soon,
f1r3

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020

Hello, my dear Freshmen!

We're glad to announce that Episode 6 is going to be released next Friday, May 19th!

After many months of work, episode 6 is finally here, and you'll be able to play it in a few days!
Episode 6 has:
  • 1 hour of content;
  • 1056 4k renders;
  • 56 animations in glorious 60 FPS;
  • All made in our brand-new engine;
  • Amazing OST and Sound Effects
  • The resolution to a mystery
Our release schedule will work like this:
  • Ultimate Tier ($25) - Friday, May 19th
  • Super Premium Tier ($20) - Monday, May 22nd
  • Premium Tier ($15) - Friday, May 26th
  • Standard Tier ($10) - Monday, May 29th (with Steam Discount or $14+ lifetime contribution)
  • Basic Tier ($5) - Friday, June 2nd (with Steam Discount or $14+ lifetime contribution)
  • Fan Tier ($2) - Friday, June 9th (with Steam Discount or $14+ lifetime contribution)
As price are now regionalized, they can vary a bit between countries. We're preparing our website to deal with this automatically, but if you want to know what will be the price in your region now, you can check this table:
We're very happy release time is upon us! Finally, we'll be able to show you all of Episode 6! I can't wait!

Thank you for your support and patronage!

See you soon,
f1r3
An hour of content? Are there only two scenes or what? Chloe and some random chick?

I hope their development cycle is faster now that they have found their bearings.

4.50 star(s) 544 Votes