Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I often see people on threads for games that have the NTR tag complaining about the NTR, and usually they are rightfully criticized and mocked for that (sometimes I join in :LOL:). But doing the opposite, complaining about the lack of NTR in a game without the NTR tag, is equally stupid and pointless. There are currently almost 800 games on here with the NTR tag, knock yourself out.
Maybe he should use a sledge hammer. ;)

K18

Apr 19, 2018

ep2_thu_dance_alyssa_gather.jpg ep4_juliaphone_028.jpg
We changed Julia's backstory. And Alyssa's students too.
The team and I changed the backstory of Julia in Episodes 1 and 2 because it'll make it easier for Steam to accept our game in the future.

These changes won't affect Episodes 3, 4 and 5.

- Julia no longer goes to school. She goes to work.
- MC doesn't think she is too young for him. He knows right away in episode 1 that she is 19 years old.
- She is on the wait list to enter college in Episode 1-3. In Episode 4 she enters the college.
- We deleted all words that make Julia sound cute, small and young: kid, cute, little, small, young, girl, little sister, school, schoolgirl
- Instead, we added words that make her sound like an adult: woman, pretty, beautiful, university, work, job, university girl, independent
- Julia's bedroom was painted black instead of pink.
- You can also see from the screenshot that Alyssa's students are now adults. Her place is no longer a "Dance School", it's a "Dance Studio".

It was a hard decision for me, but I believe it'll pay off in the future.

Cheers,
Oppai-Man

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
The team and I changed the backstory of Julia in Episodes 1 and 2 because it'll make it easier for Steam to accept our game in the future.
So this devs are making 14k per month from patreon which in Brazil is a lot of money (as they say it at some point) but the greed of more money push them to put the game on steam and now they have to change the story, i mean leave this game as it is and try not to be a greedy bastard and finish your game as it was meant to be...:FacePalm:

"Hey FreshMen,
Great News!
We earned over $30,000 in June
We had great sales in Patreon and Itch, all thanks to you, and the other developers who are cross-promoting with us! With all this extra cash, we…
Hired our tenth team member
So now we are 10 people working full-time jobs to make this game a reality for you. We received over 100 job resumes for our latest position. We finally have someone dedicated to make our environments look good."

10 ppl but episode 5 is still in beta for almost 2 months now...:KEK:

Jun 14, 2021
I definitely understand the decision to age up/change the backstory a bit, though I think it really changes her dynamic from being really smart, graduating early to "on the waitlist". I wish there was a way to reconcile that.

The color change is super eyeroll worthy though. Believe it or not people 19 and over like pink and purple too

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
- We deleted all words that make Julia sound cute, small and young: kid, cute, little, small, young, girl, little sister, school, schoolgirl
- Instead, we added words that make her sound like an adult: woman, pretty, beautiful, university, work, job, university girl, independent
- You can also see from the screenshot that Alyssa's students are now adults. Her place is no longer a "Dance School", it's a "Dance Studio".
That sounds like lot of bs, why can't a known 19y old girl be cute or small and don't get me started about the paint colour change...
One reason i liked Julia is because she was, cute. It's not like she looked like a loli.
I can't see anything wrong with a Dance School either, that has nothing to do with a normal school to begin with.

Brownfluffy

Jan 19, 2021

View attachment 1948092 View attachment 1948093
We changed Julia's backstory. And Alyssa's students too.

These changes won't affect Episodes 3, 4 and 5.

- Julia no longer goes to school. She goes to work.
- MC doesn't think she is too young for him. He knows right away in episode 1 that she is 19 years old.
- She is on the wait list to enter college in Episode 1-3. In Episode 4 she enters the college.

It was a hard decision for me, but I believe it'll pay off in the future.

Cheers,
Oppai-Man

Seriously ? changing the core story of FMC including all of her cute personality just for the sake of pushing the game into steam for more money ? maybe for the dev its hard decision but for lot of us its seriously dumb decision , i can see in the foreseeable future this game rating would drop hard with this kind of abrupt decision

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
That sounds like lot of bs, why can't a known 19y old girl be cute or small and don't get me started about the paint colour change...
One reason i liked Julia is because she was, cute. It's not like she looked like a loli.
I can't see anything wrong with a Dance School either, that has nothing to do with a normal school to begin with.
Yes exactly, total fucking shit, they allowed rape games on steam, I have personally known a 50-year-old woman who is small girly and have pink all over her room and she is married with kids.

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
The theme change for Julia is weirder than the age thing. Rip current Julia fans that's for sure cannot blame the guys being upset for her.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Removing certain things that make julia sound young, doesn't seem too bad. But why do you have to remove things that make her sound cute? That is the whole appeal of the character. I know I am just some random dude on the internet and my opinion isn't worth much, but it is kind of weird to crowd fund a game and then start removing things that made people like the game and invest in it, just so you can put it on another platform.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It's pure fucking greed no other excuse, they make 30k a month and they changing it to be greedy to get more money from steam.
I find it hard to belive that steam would have a problem with with Julia if it's simple stated she is 18/19. She doesn't look underage, or younger than exhibitionist girl, neither is she family etc.
Not to mention steam has also games with way more extreme content and the jpn games.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I find it hard to belive that steam would have a problem with with Julia if it's simple stated she is 18/19. She doesn't look underage, or younger than exhibitionist girl, neither is she family etc.
Not to mention steam has also games with way more extreme content and the jpn games.
Yeah there are quite a few japanese games on steam with characters that look way younger and are literally in highschool.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
How fucking lame...

They make 30K a month from Patreon and they still felt the need to get on Steam. Why? It's a terrible idea, especially if it compromises what the fans or the developers want to do with the game. As if Steam wouldn't accept their game anyway - there was no specificity about Julia being underaged at all. Just state canonically that she is 18, and leave the rest alone. Problem solved. Steam has plenty of lewd games with young-looking characters, what is Oppai even worried about?

If you want to get rid of references to her being too young, then fine, but why are they removing references to her being little or cute? Her being little and cute is the entire appeal compared to every other LI! Why change her bedroom colours to black instead of pink, as if adults aren't allowed to like colours? They even made her iNdEpEnDeNt :KEK: - does she no longer live with her cockblocking mother? I feel like they may completely change the character for the worse with this move.

Either way, at least we have the earlier versions if we want to go back and play them. If you ever do a playthrough, just split it between different versions to get the original characterisation.

They say it will only affect episodes 1 and 2 but I worry about what effect it would have on the future development and creative choices of the game.

On top of this bad news, I still haven't seen any update on the Beta 70% which was supposed to be out almost a month ago. Have they just scrapped it and moved on to the full release? Has it just been delayed and still incoming? All this time worrying about Steam costing them their schedule.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 544 Votes