TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Wait what reference?
Confess i really didn't installed the patch since i have no issues with Nicki and just checked the pictures inside (and laughed a bit about it).
I am in this boat with you, I never downloaded the patch and I didn't see those scenes in my playthrough either...

Reactions: allanl9020142

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Just wanna drop in and say I played for just a little bit but the writing and plot already seems to be head and shoulders above 99% of games around here. Eagerly will continue playing
It's sure a top tier game under all aspects.

wanderbeald

Oct 25, 2021
Because many players don't like the idea of your long time crush begging money to fix her shitstain boyfriend's mistake, and now she's involved in deep shit thanks to her arrogance and stupidity.

Before you defend her actions as "realistic," swallowing your pride and guilt and confessing how your boyfriend splurge the money again to your best friend instead of ghosting him is also realistic.

If MC treats her right, she actually acts like a nympho. Just a food for thought.

Nicki is nothing unique, though she is admittedly the most interesting girl in the game so far.
I think you are obsessing over whether a character is stupid/not stupid or justified/unjustified in what they do a little too much. Like you can make the guy a rapist if you want lol. Im talking about the quality of their story and interactions in the game, not whether she is "stupid and arrogant". You have what, the bimbo, the cringe young black chick and Nicki? Yeah she is the best one by far.

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I think you are obsessing over whether a character is good/bad or justified/unjustified in what they do a little too much. The guy is a rapist brother. Im talking about the quality of their story and interactions in the game, not whether she is "stupid and arrogant". You have what, the bimbo, the cringe young black chick and Nicki? Yeah she is the best one by far.
you also have a menstruating trans and a single mother immigrant. And whom of the two bimbos is THE bimbo by the way? :D

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
It's sure a top tier game under all aspects.
Oh man and now I finished the first sex scene with the girl begging for money, and I was stuck acting as the silly beta, or the grapist or somewhere in between. I honestly feel rather sour about it all... Idk what to think.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Oh man and now I finished the first sex scene with the girl begging for money, and I was stuck acting as the silly beta, or the grapist or somewhere in between. I honestly feel rather sour about it all... Idk what to think.
Yes i admit it was a weird choice accepting that 'transaction'. I didn't feel good about it but the scene was my favored so far.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Did you download the taboo patch or are you playing vanilla? It adds alot of humiliation, extortion, and darker stuff than the standard paths. You can see all the sides of the MC this way... the Walkthrough even has additional stuff written in it for the patch as well.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
Did you download the taboo patch or are you playing vanilla? It adds alot of humiliation, extortion, and darker stuff than the standard paths. You can see all the sides of the MC this way... the Walkthrough even has additional stuff written in it for the patch as well.
I used the patch because I'm a sucker for some good incest, but I didn't read what the patch would change.

Yes i admit it was a weird choice accepting that 'transaction'. I didn't feel good about it but the scene was my favored so far.
Yea, the whole thing left a bitter taste in my mouth if I'm honest. We all have different things that we want in our games, and that kind of situation just isn't something I have any interest in.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I used the patch because I'm a sucker for some good incest, but I didn't read what the patch would change.

Yea, the whole thing left a bitter taste in my mouth if I'm honest. We all have different things that we want in our games, and that kind of situation just isn't something I have any interest in.
That's not how the game goes. That first scene is character development.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Wait what reference?
Confess i really didn't installed the patch since i have no issues with Nicki and just checked the pictures inside (and laughed a bit about it).
Alright, so in the anti-Nicki patch, the whole joke is that Guy kicks Nicki out after going on an incel-inspired rant against her. After she leaves, he gets one of his anime figures and jerks off onto it, while talking about how 'Mika-Chan' isn't like Nicki - she doesn't have any faults, she's perfect and pure and blah blah blah. I wasn't being terribly subtle with it. :'D

But people had jokingly asked me if we'd ever see 'Mika-Chan' again. So, I decided to bring 'her' back, with Guy playing with the figure again after he'd just burned his bridges with Nicki for real. Also, Guy notes that she's the protagonist of the anime that we saw him and Nicki watching in the flashback set in his crappy old apartment, following Britt's photoshoot.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I think you are obsessing over whether a character is stupid/not stupid or justified/unjustified in what they do a little too much. Like you can make the guy a rapist if you want lol. Im talking about the quality of their story and interactions in the game, not whether she is "stupid and arrogant". You have what, the bimbo, the cringe young black chick and Nicki? Yeah she is the best one by far.
You wondered why some peeps don't like Nicki, I answered, then you call me being obsessed about her and claim to only talked about "their story and interactions?"

I think you're the one obsessed about Nicki. Calling other LIs nympho even though Nicki can become one as well, not to mention some of them—just like Nicki—have to take MC's abuse because it's the only thing they could do.

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
To give my two cents about the Nicki situation, first I honestly have to applaud NeonGhost's writing, that he was able to create all these characters and give them such varied personalities. As someone who has occasionally dabbled in writing fanfiction, let me tell you, that is not a small thing to do.
Second, for those who complain about Nicki, remember that she's essentially a young adult, can't remember what her age is but I think is around or over 22, with a string of failed relationships. Let's be honest now, at that age, how many of us can honestly say that we didn't make stupid decisions? Couple that with her not having much of a backbone, at that point, and Brent being an arrogant dudebro and you have a recipe for disaster.
And third, which I feel is the most important thing. This is a fictional story. In order to have an entertaining story, the characters need to have some flaws and behave in a stupid manner, otherwise there would be no plot. If Nicki were to behave responsibly from the start, tell Guy what's up and then dump Brett there and then, to live happily ever after, then people would complain that it's a boring story and Nicki is such a flat character.
I get that there is investing yourself in the story and caring about the characters. But at the end of the day, one has to remember that it is just a story and it's better to enjoy the ride, rather than bug the dev to cut out what is one of the most important characters to the story.
Because just as Geralt, Jamie Lannister and other characters went through their character developments, Nicki is doing the same thing in this story. I mean, once she came back into Guy's life, on the good path, she is trying to both find her place in life and show him that she can be relied on.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Guy kicks Nicki out after going on an incel-inspired rant against her. After she leaves, he gets one of his anime figures and jerks off onto it, while talking about how 'Mika-Chan' isn't like Nicki - she doesn't have any faults, she's perfect and pure and blah blah blah. I wasn't being terribly subtle with it. :'D/ispoiler]
Did you just ctrl-c/v some posts from these forums?

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Alright, so in the anti-Nicki patch, the whole joke is that Guy kicks Nicki out after going on an incel-inspired rant against her. After she leaves, he gets one of his anime figures and jerks off onto it, while talking about how 'Mika-Chan' isn't like Nicki - she doesn't have any faults, she's perfect and pure and blah blah blah. I wasn't being terribly subtle with it. :'D

But people had jokingly asked me if we'd ever see 'Mika-Chan' again. So, I decided to bring 'her' back, with Guy playing with the figure again after he'd just burned his bridges with Nicki for real. Also, Guy notes that she's the protagonist of the anime that we saw him and Nicki watching in the flashback set in his crappy old apartment, following Britt's photoshoot.
As long as we get more and more Mason content, anything goes :D

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I am in this boat with you, I never downloaded the patch and I didn't see those scenes in my playthrough either...
Hey this is completely unrelated but how do you put fan sigs and a list of games you like in the section below your comments? I never figured out how to do that.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022

What do you mean? Game dev is redoing that chapter anyways. Personally, I still liked chp 1 (I kept playing after all), but the chapters after that get noticeably better in quality, btw, so I think you should definitely stick to it to decide if you truly like it or not. Up to you ofc, but just trust me ;)

Hey this is completely unrelated but how do you put fan sigs and a list of games you like in the section below your comments? I never figured out how to do that.
Click your name at top, go to signature; typing in your favorite games is self-explanatory ofc. You can hyperlink up to 5 games total if you want people to be able to open up the page (helps devs), just highlight the text and click the little chainlink icon "insert link". To insert an image, go to a game's front page and look for 'extras', should have official/fan sigs linked; then just pick your favorite image, right click, copy link, and insert it. You can have up to 2 images in your sig, and you can also hyperlink those as well if you want (counts as the 5 hyperlink limit).

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
And third, which I feel is the most important thing. This is a fictional story. In order to have an entertaining story, the characters need to have some flaws and behave in a stupid manner, otherwise there would be no plot.
Depending on your story, you don't need to make your character act like they've been dropped on the head many times to make the story interesting. Relying on stupidity to drive the plot is a dangerous move since it can make the readers frustrated and angry, especially if there's another "realistic" scenario in which the character could take without destroying their personality and growth.

Devs want to write Nicki as such, fine, but don't expect she won't invite controversy and criticism.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Chp 1 will be remade later, so you can choose not to do anything sexual if you want.

Correct me if I'm wrong, lads.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
Chp 1 will be remade later, so you can choose not to do anything sexual if you want.

Correct me if I'm wrong, lads.
I finished the content for now, and luckily I could just ignore her existence entirely so that's nice. The rest of the game is technically well made and the writing and plot was very well made, but the content of the plot still tastes a bit off for my liking.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes