Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Those are two different situations:
- Ashe scene is blackmail and coercion. They know each other and Guy has power over her life situation.
- Viola dark scene is plain rape. Viola doesn't know who her rapist is.
  • Ashe's scene is also rape.
  • So what that Viola doesn't know who he is? That makes her any less desperate for money more willing to leave her job?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
  • Ashe's scene is also rape.
  • So what that Viola doesn't know who he is? That makes her any less desperate for money more willing to leave her job?
- Ashe tolerates it because her work depends on Guy. It's like Harvey Weinstein's rapes.
- Viola can go to the police and say some dude raped me. She leaves her work because she was raped right there.

Reactions: Machete

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Disclaimer: This only applies to Friends in Need, hosted on SubStar.

Following Viola's dark scene, she's basically catatonic. It can be assumed she improves a bit from that state, but she's left broken, and likely with years of therapy ahead of her. That's not an interesting dynamic between her and MC. Adding to that, she's a poor girl who works in a clothing store. Her utility to the MC is minimal.

Ashe is left wounded, but functional. She goes to work. She tries to ignore what happened, and move on with her life. And then MC shows back up at her house. Why? Well, she works at an institution where high society types tend to orbit, so she's a useful contact. And MC is still chasing a mystery surrounding a photo of her. But, Dark Path Ashe will also be stepping away before long, aside from the occasional appearance.

To continue showing Viola's scenes wouldn't serve the story. There's no healing for her, and there's no hope of redemption for Guy on that path. So, what's left? Watching her suffer?

And again, these girls disappearing is kind of a big part of the whole thematic arc of the game. Guy begins the game as kind of a miserable cynic, with one real friend. Through being a nice guy and caring about people, he's able to grow and gain a whole found family. Or he can continue being the guy he was, and where will that leave him?

MC has two paths in front of him. Rich asshole surrounded by toys but nobody who cares about him, or guy who gives freely and has his life enriched as a result.

4L104.png 4L122.png

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
mean :cry: she's not annoying or anything and i really like the (hopeful) setup of her becoming good MC's step-daughter if he and Carolina hit it off
Looking back I was referring to gabby not maya. Maya is definitely a child and written in the story as one. Gabby is a child's body written as a viable sexual partner. I find this to bring my lunch up. To each their own though.

soldano

Jan 29, 2018

[...]
Don't punish the Dark Path too much, please. I understand that there are people who like consequences and blah blah blah. But if someone is an asshole in a game, it's because in real life they can't be. Or yes, but in the game there are no consequences. That is the grace.

I'm fine with Viola being broken. It seems to me that the MC actually feels that everyone is shying away from him. But if he can't have "toys", the game stops being fun to play on the Dark Path.

Oct 4, 2021

Following Viola's dark scene, she's basically catatonic. It can be assumed she improves a bit from that state, but she's left broken, and likely with years of therapy ahead of her. That's not an interesting dynamic between her and MC. Adding to that, she's a poor girl who works in a clothing store. Her utility to the MC is minimal.

Ashe is left wounded, but functional. She goes to work. She tries to ignore what happened, and move on with her life. And then MC shows back up at her house. Why? Well, she works at an institution where high society types tend to orbit, so she's a useful contact. And MC is still chasing a mystery surrounding a photo of her. But, Dark Path Ashe will also be stepping away before long, aside from the occasional appearance.

To continue showing Viola's scenes wouldn't serve the story. There's no healing for her, and there's no hope of redemption for Guy on that path. So, what's left? Watching her suffer?

And again, these girls disappearing is kind of a big part of the whole thematic arc of the game. Guy begins the game as kind of a miserable cynic, with one real friend. Through being a nice guy and caring about people, he's able to grow and gain a whole found family. Or he can continue being the guy he was, and where will that leave him?

MC has two paths in front of him. Rich asshole surrounded by toys but nobody who cares about him, or guy who gives freely and has his life enriched as a result.

View attachment 2699407 View attachment 2699408
That suck to read through. I love to have more sex scene with Viola on the dark route but to hear that girls like her will disappear from the game on this route is a big turn off from playing this game.

Last edited:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
That suck to read through. I love to have more sex scene with Viola on the dark park but to hear that girls like her will disappear from the game on this route is a big turn off from playing this game.
It's called having an interesting and consistent story. There's plenty of games where you can violently rape people and still have them happy to do it, there aren't many that have actual consequences for your actions.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

View attachment 2699407 View attachment 2699408
The miserable bastard version of Guy may still end up being fun to play even though he is going to leave a path of human wreckage behind him. Having the stories of the girls terminate when he abuses them serves to give his vile actions real consequences, which is always a good thing. The critics of Nikki may end up having a point if she remains his only friend as he continues his rampage. She has already proven that she is given to toxic relationships and reluctant to leave even the worst of abusive situations.

On the flip side, it would be good if his well-intentioned actions could also lead to unintended consequences or suboptimal results with some of the girls. That's how life shakes out sometimes. Some people, when they get what they need from you, just disappear just as suddenly as they would if you hurt them. Not everybody knows how to express gratitude, and some people can even resent that they need assistance. It would be interesting if some relationships only flourish if the middle ground of exploitation and leverage is pursued rather than the beneficent or malevolent routes.

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Don't punish the Dark Path too much, please. I understand that there are people who like consequences and blah blah blah. But if someone is an asshole in a game, it's because in real life they can't be. Or yes, but in the game there are no consequences. That is the grace.

I'm fine with Viola being broken. It seems to me that the MC actually feels that everyone is shying away from him. But if he can't have "toys", the game stops being fun to play on the Dark Path.
I just hope the Dev doesn't change the course of the game just out of political correctness, because of a few whiny snowflakes.

The game is great the way it is.

If anyone is complaining, for games without balls they can play DeadGame Survival

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I think anyone who plays the next installment will realize I'm not backing off the dark stuff. I just want there to be reasonable, semi-realistic repercussions. Also, the game is already weighted wayyyy in favor of the dark route. It's only right to balance that out a bit as time goes on, contrasting immediate gratification with relationship building.

Anyhow, here's a little idea I've been kicking around for a future Mason scene where MC feels a little frustrated with Nicki, and needs some stress relief.

Micki.png

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
People are surprised when they fuck around and actually find out. Shitty actions have consequences. The dev is even lenient enough to not fully cut-off these girls (that were raped, yes - raped) from the rest of story, which would make the most sense.
What would make sense is that they put you in prison. No matter how much money you have. Or one of these girls stick a fork in your eye for being a fucking rapist.
But come on man, this is a game. It does not reflect reality as it is.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard
Oct 10, 2022
Okay I've read Ashe's short story and... she's too precious and must be protected at all costs!

Cole as well but, well, he can protect himself well enough.
Could you lead me to that? I searched but couldn't find it.

Anyhow, here's a little idea I've been kicking around for a future Mason scene where MC feels a little frustrated with Nicki, and needs some stress relief.
I am conflicted, I'd like to see a dark path scene for Nicki but I'd avoid it like the plague if it is for Mason. What to do? :unsure:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
The idea of Viola being a viable love interest albeit in a submission path after the first interaction between her and MC is a mindless rape is just dumb and i don't think it's worth advocating for.

If one wants a submissive Viola path he can go fo the payed strip show and refrain from raping her. It works as a start of an abuisive relationship. Rape just doesn't.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes