NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Even people who prefer to play as white knights might be dissuaded from vanilla route with Nicki because of that. :unsure:
I wouldn't say Nicki was doing it consciously. And I wouldn't say the MC was blameless. I think Nicki and MC had a really strong friendship that slowly became unhealthy, in that it allowed them to ignore broader problems in each of their lives. Nicki has her bad relationship, while the MC has basically ceded all agency in his life, with the sole bright spot being the surrogate girlfriend he sees for a few hours a day.

That's also why it's kind of important to pull them apart for a while, before reuniting them.

Dec 29, 2018
What MC didn't do was ever man up enough to just tell her he liked her, so she stayed on her relationship hamster wheel.
Nicki didn't woman up enough to just tell him she liked him either, so I don't really see this missed opportunity as entirely (or even primarily) the main character's fault. He's older than her, and had a position of authority over her at work, so those are two good reasons not to do it. And we can later see that he was probably right. After all, Nicki still goes back to her relationship hamster wheel even after the MC bails her out of her financial pit and confesses his feelings to her. She still chose Brent over the MC after all the shit Brent put her through, so I don't much care about her anymore. Her new look certainly doesn't help her case either. It's time for the MC to move on to better things.

nbg.png

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Nicki didn't woman up enough to just tell him she liked him either, so I don't really see this missed opportunity as entirely (or even primarily) the main character's fault. He's older than her, and had a position of authority over her at work, so those are two good reasons not to do it. And we can later see that he was probably right. After all, Nicki still goes back to her relationship hamster wheel even after the MC bails her out of her financial pit and confesses his feelings to her. She still chose Brent over the MC after all the shit Brent put her through, so I don't much care about her anymore. Her new look certainly doesn't help her case either. It's time for the MC to move on to better things.

View attachment 1933758
A+ for the meme.

And yeah, it's absolutely a mutual pile of missed opportunities and screw-ups.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018

View attachment 1933758
I can see the authority thing as a problem for him but not his age.

After Nicki ghosted the MC for 3 months I wouldn't even take her back as a cum-dumbster, she can stay with Brent and become a whore to make money for all I care. I simply want the option to never see her again.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Even people who prefer to play as white knights might be dissuaded from vanilla route with Nicki because of that. :unsure:
That wouldn't make much sense. If you have a friendship with someone you don't turn your back on them because they have a toxic relationship. Furthermore you will try to end that toxic relationship even if you don't want to bed them like you want in Nikki case.

derpnibbles

Jul 28, 2017
... Sometimes people choose to be comfortably miserable, because at least that misery is a known quantity. ...
That line hits kinda hard. I know many people that have done this at some point in their lives, especially those are are past 30 and have had enough time in their lives to be emotionally exhausted enough to just... accept it.

I think it's important to convey that in game, that wasn't the impression I had gotten on my first play-through.

Reactions: NeonGhosts

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
That line hits kinda hard. I know many people that have done this at some point in their lives, especially those are are past 30 and have had enough time in their lives to be emotionally exhausted enough to just... accept it.

I think it's important to convey that in game, that wasn't the impression I had gotten on my first play-through.
Yeahhh, yet another good reason for me to expand on Chapter One, as soon as I can.. But, Chapter Three opens with a long conversation with Nicki, where you get a lot more insight into her motives.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Thanks to the request of silversurfer1 in the F95 gfx request thread and the encouraging approval of the dev NeonGhosts, I created those first fan sigs for Friends in Need - which I gladly share here with all fans of the game:

FiN - Fan-Signature 1 (Gabby)
300 x 124 px / 0,93 MB

FiNGabsiG

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1956904_FiNsiG1.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

FiN - Fan-Signature 2 (Brittani)
300 x 124 px / 0,97 MB

FiNBritsiG

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1956905_FiNsiG2.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

FiN - Fan-Signature 3 (Nicki)
300 x 124 px / 1 MB

FiNNickisiG

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/10/2100844_FiNsiG3.gif

********************************************************************************

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please, feel free to "use" these cuties in your signature...
and support them & the further development of this game if you like!

Cheers to silversurfer1 & NeonGhosts!
Enjoy :cool:

______
NeonGhosts : please add a link to this fan sig post in the first post of your games thread. Thanks.
---------
Updated with Nicki's sig Oct. 2022

Last edited:

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Yeahhh, yet another good reason for me to expand on Chapter One, as soon as I can.. But, Chapter Three opens with a long conversation with Nicki, where you get a lot more insight into her motives.
I'm looking forward to that. I'm... not as harsh toward Nicki as some people on here :ROFLMAO: but I do think there are some really valid points raised and some that haven't even been mentioned. With what we players have access to now, Nicki doesn't come out looking great imo. But I'll just wait for Ch.3 rather than speculating or keep harping on things.

I will say for me, I like Nicki and I want to keep liking Nicki. All the questions and speculation I have is from a place of me trying to give her every chance rather than trying to demonize her. And if after the answers, I don't want to go forward with her, that's ok. It doesn't mean the game is bad or even her part is poorly done. It would just make me a bit sad :(

I do want to ask: do you have canon ages for the characters in your head? You don't have to post them if you don't want, but I'm curious. It doesn't really matter for all of the relationships but I think it's sort of relevant for some. Yes, it's silly to obsess over too much but it is something people worry about. I think people care way too much about ages, but that makes it taboo, and in this case, part of the fantasy i.e. I can date younger women now because I'm rich and the "rules" don't apply to me. Edit: ok looking back I see you previously wrote 33/34 for MC and 23ish for Nicki.

Last edited:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I do want to ask: do you have canon ages for the characters in your head? You don't have to post them if you don't want, but I'm curious. It doesn't really matter for all of the relationships but I think it's sort of relevant for some. Yes, it's silly to obsess over too much but it is something people worry about. I think people care way too much about ages, but that makes it taboo, and in this case, part of the fantasy i.e. I can date younger women now because I'm rich and the "rules" don't apply to me. Edit: ok looking back I see you previously wrote 33/34 for MC and 23ish for Nicki.
Yeah, I try to keep it loose so everyone can kind of see the characters as they'd like to. But I consider early-mid 30s for MC, and early-mid 20s for Nicki.

Some also asked me about this on Patreon, specifically regarding Gabby and Cassie. And since there's a couple other characters coming down the pipe that are in that same age group, I'll go ahead and say that, canonically, they're all 18. And I try to write them that way. Gabby mentions she has impending college plans, and MC mentions there's a significant age gap between him and Cassie, with her being born when he was already a teenager. In my head, he left home around 20/21, when Cassie was 5/6. So she's 18 now, and he's 33/34.

Earlier in the thread someone expressed discomfort with Gabby's age, thinking that she was written to be underage. I'll just say, I don't have any interest in doing loli stuff. For me, 18 year-olds already fulfill that young/innocent/naive archetype, while also presenting some significant moral ambiguity for the MC.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I try to keep it loose so everyone can kind of see the characters as they'd like to. But I consider early-mid 30s for MC, and early-mid 20s for Nicki.

Some also asked me about this on Patreon, specifically regarding Gabby and Cassie. And since there's a couple other characters coming down the pipe that are in that same age group, I'll go ahead and say that, canonically, they're all 18. And I try to write them that way. Gabby mentions she has impending college plans, and MC mentions there's a significant age gap between him and Cassie, with her being born when he was already a teenager. In my head, he left home around 20/21, when Cassie was 5/6. So she's 18 now, and he's 33/34.

Earlier in the thread someone expressed discomfort with Gabby's age, thinking that she was written to be underage. I'll just say, I don't have any interest in doing loli stuff. For me, 18 year-olds already fulfill that young/innocent/naive archetype, while also presenting some significant moral ambiguity for the MC.
Yeah, I tend to agree. Even the more depraved version of MC seems shrewd enough to avoid a stint in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison just to get his dick wet. Well, except for that one time... and that other time... you know what, never mind. Let's just assume he draws the line at kids. Everybody needs to draw the line somewhere.

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Well I'm a big sicko; I made Gabby 17 lol. I definitely read her as still in high school. She talks about the college she wants to go to but I feel like it'd be more definite if she'd already graduated. Also, is side-chick really an outdated term? That does make me feel old haha

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Well I'm a big sicko; I made Gabby 17 lol. I definitely read her as still in high school. She talks about the college she wants to go to but I feel like it'd be more definite if she'd already graduated. Also, is side-chick really an outdated term? That does make me feel old haha
Yeah, Gabby's definitely still in high school, probably her last or penultimate semester. We'll see a little friction from that in Chapter Three, actually.. And honestly, I don't get hung up on the age of pixels, because that's silly. I'm just giving everyone advance notice that I'm not writing the characters like they're young teens/pre-teens.

Reactions: silversurfer1

Okyturi

Jun 8, 2020
Considering all developer note emphasizes how much our choices matter - we could really use walkthrough for this game...

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Considering all developer note emphasizes how much our choices matter - we could really use walkthrough for this game...
Anyone who wants to take that task on is more than welcome to. I don't know if it's entirely necessary, though. I don't try to hide content, so most of the paths are very straightforward. Most of the stuff that'd require a walkthrough are like.. getting Ashe's ending where she comes during sex/does incest roleplay, or Gabby's route where she takes her shorts off by herself, before you go down on her.

That stuff is usually just a result of maxing out points to get the best ending.

May I ask what the patch changes content wise?
It's basically a dark path patch more extreme fetishes and stuff.

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Is it possible to be nice and give Nicki the money, but then tell her and her dumbass boyfriend to fuck off? Or does the author shove a Nicki romance down our throat's whether we like it or not?

Reactions: drone4of2
4.50 star(s) 193 Votes