Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
It's also not much if I blow it all on buying Nicki lots of expensive jewelry, Clothes & other expensive things
I would be broke very quickly
But that's okay as long as Nicki is happy

But really she is such a sweet girl
She doesn't care that guy has money
She certainly isn't some gold digger.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Like, even if you took 10 million and invested it in a bunch of stuff your returns are still unlikely to grow your money to over a 100 million within a decade unless you're fucking lucky as hell and invest in some crazy new tech no one expects to go big time mainstream... 26 is 'i can totally live on this for the rest of my life, buy a nice house, have a nice car, and maybe a boat to go sailing on weekends' money, but not 'let's become a philanthropic celebrity' money.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
One missed opportunity was making Nicki a bottom bitch.
What are you talking about? She is my bitch in my playthrough. Instead of going full pshycho or full Joshy92 just give her some hard sex and be dominant with her. It's like a fuck buddies/corruption path.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshy92

Chaosguy

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2022
Sounds like he made a lot more than 26, pre-taxes it would be around 50 million. 26 is a lot of money. And the money he is giving away seems to be small amounts. 10 k here and there. Like how much is a second rate book store?

Rasturac

Apr 6, 2023
What are you talking about? She is my bitch in my playthrough. Instead of going full pshycho or full Joshy92 just give her some hard sex and be dominant with her. It's like a fuck buddies/corruption path.
Do you know what a bottom bitch is?

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
Yo, dev, your changelog is misleading (in a good way)... I downloaded this game again to replay it (I really enjoy it, even though it's not got either of my fave tags), I'd last played v0.39. The CL led me to believe there was little or no new content. Boy was that a wrong assessment! The new stuff rocks.

Keep up the good work, dude.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Ahh yes, the Joshy92 path my favourite one
But I call it super-duper romantic chad path
Joshy bro, I'm genuinely curious. We both know that in other games you never say No to sharing your sweetie and even kissing her mouth covered with another guy's cum. This Joshy92 path you talk about, is it really super-duper romantic or just "romantic"?

• Haha

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I sorta feel like 26 million is a bit less than would make sense for how charitable the MC becomes through his foundation, i could see 26 million being used up in just a few years unless he's only ever giving out grants in the 5 digit range. 260 million would've worked better imo, would explain everything and anything he'd want to do. Maybe it makes more sense later, i only just got up to the morning after meeting Ashe, after she leaves for work.
Didn't thee MC say he makes investments behind the scenes so we can just assume those aren't going poorly and he makes money but if not id agree with you

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
- tldr; The proper rendering work has begun, now that I've got enough written to stay ahead of the script. Also started writing a little short game directly connected to FiN, but I may or may not finish it. We'll see. And Carolina got a new cardigan.

Tease 9-18 (5).png

Like, even if you took 10 million and invested it in a bunch of stuff your returns are still unlikely to grow your money to over a 100 million within a decade unless you're fucking lucky as hell and invest in some crazy new tech no one expects to go big time mainstream... 26 is 'i can totally live on this for the rest of my life, buy a nice house, have a nice car, and maybe a boat to go sailing on weekends' money, but not 'let's become a philanthropic celebrity' money.
I've had a lot of people take issue with the amount of money the player has, but there is a reason I chose a relatively 'modest' amount of money for Guy/MC. On the practical side of things, 26 million is a 'small' enough amount that he feasibly could get it out of a crypto exchange, without a ton of fuss. And even then it's a bit of a stretch.

On the storytelling side of things, 26 million is enough that he can do a lot, but not everything. If he was Bruce Wayne (or Lex Luthor, depending on your morals..), then nothing he does would really matter. He could hire ten Nicki's, turn Barron Books into Barnes and Noble through monetary brute force, and buy Viola's apartment building just to punish Mr. Fowler. The fact that he has to pick and choose how generous he can be makes his contributions more meaningful.

On top of that, I've been trying to set up the whole idea that there is a divide between Guy/MC, and the people who are obscenely wealthy. We see him play nice with a rich dickhead in the Halloween Special, to avoid depleting his own warchest. We know that the mysterious Vaughn is someone who can throw away obscene amounts of money to chase his particular fetishes, similar to Guy/MC. And we know Risa comes from an 'old money' rich family, and that she personally knows people who dislike our hero because he's disrupted the social order. He feels like an upstart underdog because he is.

Finally, there is a bit of a social mission aspect to this game, where I use it to discuss things that bother me about the world. One of which is that our views on wealth have become so profoundly fucked up that we no longer have a sense of scale as to what real wealth is. People see YouTubers giving their friends Lambos, or Elon Musk buying Twitter for 44 billion dollars, and rather than think, "Jesus Christ, that's the operating budget of my mid-sized city for the next 100 years!" they think, "Huh, I guess that's not that much money."

But, I feel like this complaint is rooted in the same place as those about MC's inability to fight: people expect this story to be pure wish fulfillment, because let's be real, that's how 90% of these things go. I mean, if one more person asks me when MC is going to move out of his condo and buy a mansion for all the girls to live in.. :mad:

Like, there's a reason why we have Brent in the first chapter for contrast, who's willing to chase wealth and wealth-associated status symbols like Lamborghinis to his detriment as well as Nicki's. Our MC is just happy to have a car that works, and a nice place to live. Now, will he stay that way? He's only been doing this for seven months or so. So, maybe it's possible that his appetite will grow as he encounters real money, and the associated power it brings with it.

But, assuming that he only had 25 million after he bought and , paid off his debts, and then somehow found another $700,000 worth of shit to blow his money on -- that remaining 25 million would generate $1,250,000 in interest each year. Enough to pay Nicki's salary ($60,000), write a three-year grant to the museum ($150,000), renovate the bookstore ($100,000), and more. He could pay Pepper and Gabby's tuition at a state school, put Viola and her mom in a nice apartment, and still have a few hundred thousand dollars left over, without ever lifting a finger.

(I do leave taxes out of these calculations, because come on, how boring do you want me to be with all this?)

The point is that you don't have to be mega-wealthy to make a difference. Half of the working population in the United States can't weather a $500 emergency. To say nothing of tens of thousands of dollars. But for the player, it is ultimately a drop in the bucket, driving home exactly how unfair the world is. He lucked into so much money that he can easily alleviate the problems of a lot of deserving people, and he's not even worth as much as some second-string NFL player that's been on the bench all season.

Yo, dev, your changelog is misleading (in a good way)... I downloaded this game again to replay it (I really enjoy it, even though it's not got either of my fave tags), I'd last played v0.39. The CL led me to believe there was little or no new content. Boy was that a wrong assessment! The new stuff rocks.

Keep up the good work, dude.
Thanks! I honestly stopped managing the thread so directly, since it was just one more thing on my plate. But, I should probably review some stuff in the OP.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Joshy bro, I'm genuinely curious. We both know that in other games you never say No to sharing your sweetie and even kissing her mouth covered with another guy's cum. This Joshy92 path you talk about, is it really super-duper romantic or just "romantic"?
Haha
I have varied tastes don't I
For me Stuff like sharing depends on the game it wouldn't work for me here imo
Also, no matter the game every path I play is super romantic remember I'm a romantic guy

• Love
Reactions: Aristos

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'll be honest I have never really given the amount of money Guy made a second thought
I have always mostly just focused on Guy's relationships with the other characters both good and bad.
I probably need to start thinking more broadly.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Haha
I have varied tastes don't I
For me Stuff like sharing depends on the game it wouldn't work for me here imo
Also, no matter the game every path I play is super romantic remember I'm a romantic guy
This is where you and I deviate, I'm selfish. Although I'm fine with girl/girl, I'm not about my lady being with another dude ever again (before I was there is whatever). Agree wholeheartedly on the romantic aspect though.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I mean, if one more person asks me when MC is going to move out of his condo and buy a mansion for all the girls to live in.. :mad:
Presumably the answer is when things actually start to get serious with them. I mean, he's had one date with Ashe, and not even that with the others, just a bit of random sex. The only one he's even close to being close enough to to live with is Nicki. And he pretty much spoiled that by springing her own apartment on her, with the attendant pressure that she had to move out that went with it. Sure, Ashe has mentioned not wanting to live with her parents anymore, but even if things are going really well with her, asking her to move in is hardly on the table yet.

• Angry
Reactions: Ragnar

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I mean, if one more person asks me when MC is going to move out of his condo and buy a mansion for all the girls to live in.. :mad:
Clearly that is gonna happen at the end of the game when he has his harem of girls all secured lol
For real that would be a funny optional ending to me especially since I prefer solo routes.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 190 Votes