NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
any news about the next update?
On track for early-mid August for patrons, late August/early September for general/public release.

I post weekly status updates on my Patreon, which are always available to the public. Currently the script/coding is done, and I'm just doing renders, with the first two big scenes of the game (one conversation, one sex scene) mostly rendered, and bits and pieces of other scenes completed.

016_Camera.png

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Not to toot my own horn too much, but I'm using the camera's depth of field function for some of the shots in Chapter Three, and I really like the effect. Really adds a certain amount of.. production value? I feel like I'm edging closer to figuring out how to make my stuff look like some of the more high-end Ren'py games.

I think this chapter will be a big level-up over Chapter Two's visuals.

073_Camera (2).png

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Not to toot my own horn too much, but I'm using the camera's depth of field function for some of the shots in Chapter Three, and I really like the effect. Really adds a certain amount of.. production value? I feel like I'm edging closer to figuring out how to make my stuff look like some of the more high-end Ren'py games.

View attachment 1955274
She looks great! I can't wait to give her a cuddle and tell her that everything is going to be okay before I break out the dildo, butt plug, and ass-destroying paddle.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Graphic improvements will be seen with new updates, practice makes perfection. I don't need the best renders in the market to enjoy a game. Some of the best looking games here are dull and boring imo. Your story is interesting and the renders good enough so far, just keep doing your thing.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
As long as they stop levitating I'm fine with anything. :p
View attachment 1955809
Jokes aside, at this point I want learn what happened to her so much that I would be fine playing it without renders ;P
Hah! I'll correct that in the next version. Floating objects are always one of those things that can sneak by me. :ROFLMAO:

I had a patron request I change the banner on my Patreon, to be something more reflective of the game. So, I whipped this up. I'm also going to make a real effort this week to make some signatures for all the girls with sex scenes.

Banner.png

Exempt.

Dec 2, 2019
what are hpts? is the H for happy or horny or hoe or harem? are they for the good path, asshole path? also rel= .... are the higher points for relationships? cause you can get rel=2 for ashe or sleep with her so not sure which leads where...

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
what are hpts? is the H for happy or horny or hoe or harem? are they for the good path, asshole path? also rel= .... are the higher points for relationships? cause you can get rel=2 for ashe or sleep with her so not sure which leads where...
I mean, my sincere answer is that people should play the game without pulling it apart to look at my sloppy code. (;-_-)

But, "hpts" are "happy" points, their opposite number being "dkpts" or "dark points." They're just a measure of how much a character likes or dislikes you, based on your treatment of them. The "rel" numbers only designate what your relationship is to that specific character, usually designated at the end of their content for that chapter. They're not really an escalating numeric value, just a value I can refer back to later, to designate their relationship with you.

Nicki has three relationship states - she likes you, she dislikes you, or she hates you, depending on the ending you got with her.

Gabby also has three relationship states - she likes you, she dislikes, or she's ambivalent.

Ashe has six relationship states - she dislikes you and never visited your condo, she likes you and never visited your condo, she visited your condo under duress and you let her go, she likes you, she strongly dislikes you, or she hates/fears you. Those will naturally get streamlined down to fewer states, once you see her again.

And within all those relationship states, there are hpts, dkpts, and mcdark points at play, largely used to determine dialogue or narration. In chapter three, some of those points begin to affect menu options as well. But, you can still earn dkpts or hpts within good and evil routes, so it's possible to skew a "good" relationship towards more of a manipulative/toxic one, or to push an "evil" relationship towards something more like corruption.

Oct 11, 2017
Frustrating how the MC is such a simp for the convenience store girl, grow a backbone ffs. Girl's not for you, move on don't spend $20k on a quick blowjob, idiot. The dialogue keeps saying I slept with her as well, which didn't happen. Then in the library you get the choice to be an asshole, but flip back to Nice Guy mode in between.

If we have choices they have to feel consequential, rather than just making the character bipolar. No respect for this guy or his baggy jumpers.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
The dialogue keeps saying I slept with her as well, which didn't happen. Then in the library you get the choice to be an asshole, but flip back to Nice Guy mode in between.

If we have choices they have to feel consequential, rather than just making the character bipolar. No respect for this guy or his baggy jumpers.
This being the first thing I've ever coded, defining some stuff in Chapter One was a struggle. I didn't really understand how to set True/False flags, so there might be some stuff like that which just doesn't line up well. I haven't played through chapter one in a while, but I think I was using a very general sense of "slept with" to cover all sexual intimacy. When I clean up Chapter One, I'll fix some of that stuff.

I think some people might view the MC as 'bipolar,' if they expect him to act like a 100% nice guy or asshole, in every situation. But, I don't think that's realistic, and it doesn't really align with my idea of a game where you can pursue different girls, in different ways. And it would add an inordinate amount of work to every update. I try to write the MC as relatively benign in his interactions, with the occasional dialogue that changes due to your 'mcdark' score, until it's time to make a decision. I do this to avoid prejudicing the player in one direction or another.

Like, if the MC was a dick to Nicki, or made a couple of jerk decisions, and then met Gabby and immediately thought, "Oh, look at this little bitch, with her stupid hair," that might guide players towards interacting with her, in a certain way. So, I keep it more general, with even the 'mcdark' dialogues aimed more towards making the MC a misanthrope or garden-variety misogynist, than a monster. If you act like an asshole or a sweetheart, I want it to be your decision. I may fall short of that every now and then, but -- I'm learning all this as I go, and I'm trying to deliver big, complex updates every time. Some stuff's not going to be perfect.

And I add little choices like that so the player can shape their character in their own mind - are you someone who plays peacemaker, or aggressively shouts people down during a moment of frustration? It might not be impactful necessarily, but it gives you two potential scenes to choose, and it lets you take a little more ownership over the character. Admittedly, that one at the bookstore isn't particularly well-implemented. I wrote all the bookstore/Madison/Gabby stuff before the Ashe stuff, and I think it kind of shows.

Also, who doesn't love a cozy sweater?

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Posted another weekly Dev Update on .

Not much news on the FiN front - I have 300+ renders completed, and this update is on track to be as big or bigger than Chapter Two, so we're looking at another 1000+ renders. Multiple locations, four potential sex scenes (and I might add a fifth), and three new characters, including two potential romances. So, it'll be pretty chock-a-block full of content. I'm basically posing renders on my days off, and running as many as I can while I'm at my day job. It's a good workflow, and I think I'll be where I need to be, within two weeks.

Also, my high tier patrons selected Orc Exchange for the next mini-game I'll be doing. This one's going to be a first-person medieval fantasy game, where you're entrusted with the care of a young orc, due to a cultural exchange program. The game will take place over the course of a week, with a couple of small events each day, culminating in an ending determined by three stats. In the currently plotted version, there will be four possible endings.

I've always wanted to do a monster girl game, so I'm pretty stoked.

OrcExchange002.png

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Detective Necro is currently dating his childhood bff orc bombshell and will be dropping in to see you
are treating your orc responsably and throbbingly fair and hard in all the right places.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020

View attachment 1955274
She's german. It is visible from her chin.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
without the tusks she looks more like a tall goblin. not complaining just dont really get the Orc vibe from her.

maybe she's a half-orc?

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
without the tusks she looks more like a tall goblin. not complaining just dont really get the Orc vibe from her.

maybe she's a half-orc?
Yeahhhh, some concessions were made for the sake of utility. I tried one set of tusks I had, and it made blowjob posing difficult. And I'd like her to be a darker shade of green, but when I tested her with naturalistic/low lighting, the darker shades just looked really muddled and ugly.

I'll probably continue to tweak her until I get ready to start rendering the game, though.

Reactions: Look-see

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
not sure if you ever checked or heard of these games. but Reluctant Archon,Ataegina , and Detective Necro all have Orcs in them that vary in appearance. not sure if you wanted to see what they look like or not but i'll go ahead and drop a few previews.

in the end if the model you have shown us is what we're gonna get i dont mind. i was just pointing out the whole tusk doohickey.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
not sure if you ever checked or heard of these games. but Reluctant Archon,Ataegina , and Detective Necro all have Orcs in them that vary in appearance. not sure if you wanted to see what they look like or not but i'll go ahead and drop a few previews.

in the end if the model you have shown us is what we're gonna get i dont mind. i was just pointing out the whole tusk doohickey.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, I don't want to change her too much, since her look did win the Patreon poll. But, I found I kinda dig, so I may use them to orc her up a little bit.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes