Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Hi does anyone know what is the difference in vanila game and what does taboo patch change?
Vanilla = taboo patch wont work
normal version I think is the same as Vanilla if you dont patch it not 100% sure on that
but normal + patch = super dark version of the dark path in the vanilla / regular game without the patch. Where you can R*** the girls and drug them stuff like that. Basically just being a horrible person and POS that needs a ending where he gets killed or ends up in jail.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I apologize for not understanding. does the patch come installed in the regular game? (I thought the Taboo patch was released for the vanilla version or does it also apply to the regular game?)
I'm not 100% sure as I read a post where a value has to be changed so it might pre install on the normal version. When I tried the taboo patch for the first time I just installed it. From what ive read that the patch only works on the normal version. As the vanilla wasnt intended to include the dark stuff which is why it's called friends indeed to show it's a different version of the game.

Reactions: Maviarab

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
i never bothered installing the patch but was able to have all the dark routes
You might have downloaded the version that was already patched. It has been bifurcated into "Friends in Need" which I don't think needs the patch and "Friends Indeed" which is a patreon-friendly version. At least that's how it sat the last time I checked.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
You might have downloaded the version that was already patched. It has been bifurcated into "Friends in Need" which I don't think needs the patch and "Friends Indeed" which is a patreon-friendly version. At least that's how it sat the last time I checked.
It wasnt when I played and discovered this game maybe a month and 1/2 ago. As at the time I didnt know there was a patch or a vanilla version I just played the friends In need version. Then read the thread some after beating it found out about said patch applied it and then said dark path became way darker right away. I didnt install the vanilla version after i checked out the patch. So I know I was on the right version.

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
I've got to admit, I think it's kind of funny how often people get the characters' names wrong.

Nikki, Nicky, Gabi, Riza, Brittany, Brittney..
They are my whores and I name them whatever I want.

Now seriously, I am not a native but I have always believed that you can spell Nicky or Nicki. Come on, it's the same name, and it's the short form of Nicole (if I'm not mistaken). Don't be so picky.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I've got to admit, I think it's kind of funny how often people get the characters' names wrong.

Nikki, Nicky, Gabi, Riza, Brittany, Brittney..

But, I never know who's using English as a second language, so I can't be too harsh. :'D
Or the possibility that people (like myself) play a LOT of games and can't remember how everyone's name is spelt off the top of our heads :)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, there are about fifty girls I have professed my love to in these games
And it's hard at times to keep track of their names
Only 50. I know you played more than me Joshy i'm honestly surprised. i'm at 76 girls ill be the prefect gentlemen for and ive only played 46 games and there are a few names I forgot to add im sure.

Reactions: Joshy92

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
What is in the patch?
Hi does anyone know what is the difference in vanila game and what does taboo patch change?
Vanilla game is censored (anything that patreon wouldn't like is removed, basically). I don't know why it's uploaded here honestly, it's just confusing. Normal game is what you should be downloading. The patch makes the normal game's dark routes even darker. It's all 100% voluntary and nothing evil will be forced on you, it only opens up more possibilities if that's what you want.

I apologize for not understanding. does the patch come installed in the regular game? (I thought the Taboo patch was released for the vanilla version or does it also apply to the regular game?)
I don't think the normal version is patched by default; just d/l normal game & patch it just to be sure.

And remember, if you patch the game, any saves made before the patch was applied will be buggy going forward, so start a new game and just tab-skip through everything you've already read. Game's not long enough for it to be a chore. :)

Oct 10, 2022
Dude, I have it in my mind for months and I have no idea how to go about it... Mind sharing?
Not that hard actually. I created a table for story, render, paths, characters, MC and a wildcard then set the cells ratio only and created an average formula biased towards story and wildcard. Then I created an auto sort script, so whenever I change a number on it, it sorts by itself. Very crude actually but it works. :giggle:

Side note, when Eternum took the first place from Leap of Faith with the last update, I got sad. So I'll probably adjust formula a little bit. :LOL:

While i do make some notepad anotations so that i can comment after updates are released, this is too serious for me. :p
Recently I am mulling over whether or not I am addicted and seems so I am. :unsure::oops:

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 194 Votes